Romanian blogs about Monarchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The royalists do mot crotisize the King but somebody else.

The royalists do mot crotisize the King but somebody else.

You are cryptic. The royalists do not criticize the King but somebody else. Who is that somebody then?

All the royalists respcet the King. The royalists are divided only on the issue of Succession and as it is well know some of them would not agree with all the gestures or statements of Princess Margareta's husband.

Last edited:
What about naming names, to make things clear to all?

:previous:
Cory, by now most members are wise to the games you play, the inherent contradictions and the about-faces, whether it be here, the Romanian forum, the Savoy and Savoy-Aosta threads in the Royal Families of Italy forum, the HIH Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna threads in the Russian forum, etc etc.

MAfan, a quote from our late friend Warren.

If you have an opinion you have to be offended? People that do not know really Romanians or Romania claim to know better the reality and offend those that do not agree with a certain view of things.

Quite agree. Although I can read it only translated via Google - and therefore the translation isn't that accurate - I can understand that half of the article Alfred Popper and his activities during the 30s and 40s (mainy before his son Andrew was born) ad the other half doesn't really seem to give any information about Andrew Popper.

So was this family linked with the communist regime?

So was this family linked with the communist regime?
:ermm:
I'll get back to you in 10 minutes with the answer to that question, after I've done a complete and thorough investigation.:lol:

I suppose it is very important to know who are the people near the King's Family, who are their advisers.

Yes but do the past activities of their parents before they were even born really matter?

In Bucharest certainly yes.

So, after all, (in Bucharest) the sons should bear the sins of their fathers...

Is is important to know the background of somebody who is very close to the King.

read it - and wish I hadn't, because it was a waste of my time. Is the author a Republican? It would seem so.

He is one of the best known royalist journalists in the country.

He is one of the best known royalist journalists in the country.

Oh dear. :eek: If that is the case, there's no chance for any restoration. The Republicans must be delighted.

Obviously you do not know him otherwise you would not speak like this.

Obviously you do not know him otherwise you would not speak like this.

Once again, the knowledge of who Andy T or anyone else knows, is not yours to possess.

Regarding the blog and actual issue, a 'royalist journalist', as you brand him, is important when it comes to delivering appropriate and important feedback and criticism towards a Royal Family as a whole, or its members.
On the issues, I find that the blog misses slightly when comparing members of the Royal Family and their fate to the character of Nora in Ibsens well-written play 'A Doll's House'. One can always analyze her choices and draw comparisons to events in the Royal House, but in the end, the metaphores would probably be lost on many of those who might read it.

I quite agree with Andy. In the end, the point of the text is seemingly lost in its long-winded way of writing and overuse of easy metaphores and fairly cheap literary tricks, and it does not serve either the monarchist agenda, or aid the republican forces much at all.

In the end, I would say that in order to qualify as a journalist to be taken seriously, one should keep ones own opinions slightly more under the radar, and write more interesting texts that do not lean so one-sided towards either side or a contentious issue. In order to qualify as a 'royalist' anything, one should be able to discuss royalist issues from multiple sides, preferably with more neutrality and generosity to the inherent complexity of the topics at hand, than this person was able to do in his published text.

Last edited:
Marius Ghilezan has always been known as a true royalist and he was close to the most important royalist politician,Corneliu Coposu. Speaking about who is really helping to close the royalist cause this is cettainly not Mr Ghilezan but those that do everything to support a semi-official role of the King's Family in the society without the restoration of Monarchy.

Marius Ghilezan has always been known as a true royalist and he was close to the most important royalist politician,Corneliu Coposu.

If the "journalist" is indeed a true supporter of a restoration of the monarchy, he should think more carefully about the possible impact of the "articles" he produces.

Speaking about who is really helping to close the royalist cause this is cettainly not Mr Ghilezan but those that do everything to support a semi-official role of the King's Family in the society without the restoration of Monarchy.

There are other ways of viewing the strategy of the King's family.

To be royalist means to support the restoration of Monarchy not to agree with strategies that preserve the status quo.

To be royalist means to support the restoration of Monarchy not to agree with strategies that preserve the status quo.

Frankly, Cory, you are the last person on this forum from whom I would take lessons on what being a royalist means.

Probably because first of all there is a need of a definition of what a royalist really is.

Time to move on please, this thread is about Romanian Blogs About Monarchy not a place for personal conversations.

The Romanian blogs do not have a big interest in the question of Monarchy in this moment.

Back
Top Bottom