Restoration of the Monarchy in Romania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Constitutional monarchy is a good thing, but someone who married into a former royal family and who demands 4.5 million euros per year is not helping the cause.

It will be interested to see the impact of MRR in the public opinion. Obviously ANRM lost some of its supporters recently.

I went 2 weeks in Roumania for mud treatements (I did not like).

The Royals are absolutely unknown by young people. They are modern with smartphones etc...I asked to our Roumanian guide what was her opinion.
She said it is too early for that.
She said also that Nicolas having a child out of wedding was a remembering for King Michael for what is own father King Carol II did.
One Child before his wedding , a Child while he married Princess helena of Greece (himself), and Children when he was still married and after Magda L.

Certainly it is really too early.

I went 2 weeks in Roumania for mud treatements (I did not like).

The Royals are absolutely unknown by young people. They are modern with smartphones etc...I asked to our Roumanian guide what was her opinion.
She said it is too early for that.
She said also that Nicolas having a child out of wedding was a remembering for King Michael for what is own father King Carol II did.
One Child before his wedding , a Child while he married Princess helena of Greece (himself), and Children when he was still married and after Magda L.

Thanks Maria-olivia.
King Michael must concern for the future of his royal house and this future was Nicolae and don't drive out him because remembering something his father did before how much? 90 or more years???

Agree!! We are in 2016 and not 1920!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills can't be compared in any way to his great-grandfather.

It is not only a question of historic period but of two very different persons from all points of view.

Our Roumanian guide explained : no word about King Michael in her history books at School.

The old King may remember his Father 's bad attitude and how his mother Queen Helena suffered.

The King knew his only hope to gain popularity for his family was his grandson.

The King knew his only hope to gain popularity for his family was his grandson.

Do you have any source or reference for this alleged insight into the mind of His Majesty?

I wanted giving on this board the Opinion of a multilanguage Romanian Guide of 70 years old which to me is much important than threads from Rome Dublin etc..

This was a first test.
She gave me more important informations about the Romanian Royal Family, il will never write on this board. Amen

Last edited:
The opinions of a single person hardly represent the majority of the Romanians. The polls in recent years suggested the popularity of the King but not more than 30 % of the people were in favour of Monarchy.

I wanted giving on this board the Opinion of a multilanguage Romanian Guide of 70 years old which to me is much important than threads from Rome Dublin etc..

This was a first test.
She gave me more important informations about the Romanian Royal Family, il will never write on this board. Amen

I would remind you that you rarely can tell where someone is from by looking at what city or info they have given in their profile on a forum. If that was the case, this forum has members from anywhere between Heaven and Christmas Island. If people take the time to contribute to specific country forums over time, it is safe to assume that they are at least connected to Romania, if not Romanian themselves.

The opinion of one person that you refer to is interesting, but no more valid than the opinions of anyone else with insight, information or, as you say, opinions. The more interesting fact you refer to earlier, is how little knowledge is among young Romanians about the monarchy and the Royal Family. Despite that fact, the monarchy is supported by around 30% of the population as of the latest poll. Imagine what that number would be with more knowledge of the strengths of constitutional monarchy, and the presence of an actual Royal Family in the country today.

It is safe to say that the young are often more disinterested in things that don't directly affect them. However, these numbers clearly show that the republic has failed, that faith lies with people and institutions not directly connected with politicians and that is an added factor in the campaign for the monarchy and its restoration in Romania.

Knowledge is power, and the more knowledge one can spread about the benefits of monarchy to the governance of a country, the easier the process of restoration will be.

The opinions of a single person hardly represent the majority of the Romanians. The polls in recent years suggested the popularity of the King but not more than 30 % of the people were in favour of Monarchy.

Yes, this is true. Nonetheless it is the opinion of a Romanian citizen, which I believe we have never had before and these insights are always interesting.

Every opinion is important but we have to acknowledge the polls too.
Each time I spoke about realities or articles presented by some of Romanian royalists there were people here that offended me only because they did not like what they heard. Now all of the sudden the opinion of a single person is rellevant. Interesting enough.

After a meeting with the King's eldest daughter, the leader of the left wing party announced a project to give a legal recognition of the "Royal House" in the Romanian republican laws. This event was obviously not received well at all by the monarchists that want the restoration of Monarchy not a role of the King's Family in the republic:

Veşti proaste pentru monarhişti: 'Asistăm la sfârşitul monarhiei. Se formează a treia republică' - Stiri pe surse - Cele mai noi stiri

Open Letter "This, Your Royal Highness, is not possible" of the most important royalist Romanian leader, Mrs Marilena Rotaru (Movement for Kingdom and Crown), to Princess Margareta regarding the projects to have a deal between the King's Family and the republican authorities regarding a role of this Family in the republic:

https://www.facebook.com/marilena.rotaru.16/posts/1095330460539594

A passage from this Letter:"Nici o negociere care ar subordona Coroana republicii ilegale și ilegitime nu poate fi explicată și, mai ales, scuzată. Orice pas în această direcție este un sacrilegiu și o întinare a memoriei tuturor românilor uciși, torturați, în închisorile comuniste. Orice gest pe această cale contrazice tot ceea ce Majestatea Sa Regele Mihai a transmis prin cărțile lui Mircea Ciobanu, prin interviurile acordate mie și altor jurnaliști de-a lungul a douăzeci și cinci de ani, și trădează, impardonabil, dimensiunea morală a Regelui. ("No negociation that would subordinate the Crown to the illegal and not legitimate republic can't be explained or especially excused. Any step in that direction is a sacrilege and a lack of respect to the memory of all the tortured and killed Romanians in the comunist prisons. Any gesture on this way contradicts everything His Majesty King Michael transmitted through Mircea ciobanu's books, through the interviews given to me and other journalists during 25 years and betrays in an unforgiven way the moral dimension of the King")
Sistemul actual, strâns unit printr-o politică a corupției, dorește liniște prin eliminarea de pe agenda publică a subiectului monarhiei, prin ceea ce, scribii obedienți au numit ”instituționalizarea Casei Regale. ("The nowadays system, very united in a politics of coruption, wants silence though the elimination from the public agenda of the subject of Monarchy with what the obedient scribes called "the institutionalisation of the Royal House").

Last edited:
Fantastic. The monarchists have abysmally failed to get any sort of traction for a restoration of the King over the last decades. It is good news that the Royal House might have found a solution to guarantee its having some sort of permanent position in the national life.

The King has always wanted the restoration of Monarchy but the King is too frail to oppose his Family's project. The real royalists will clearly continue their pacific battle for the restoration of Monarchy without having much in common with the King's descendants.

Last edited:
I think it is realised that the restoration of the monarchy in Romania is very unlikely ever to happen. The Royal Family of Romania have, nonetheless, done good work for their country and have developed an important role there. Having that work and role formally recognised within law is a good thing. No, it is not complete restoration, but it the closest I think we will get to it.

King Michael has created Crown Princess Margareta the Custodian of the Crown, he would surely have every confidence in his eldest daughter making decisions that are best for the family.

It is understandable that the monarchists will not be happy with such a compromise, because their interest is limited to "restoration" rather than what might be best for the country as a whole.

The royalists want the restoration of Monarchy being sure that's in the best interest of the country.

The restoration would be the best. But defining the role of the Royal House today is a start.

I agree with Blog Real.

Romania is a democracy. Only a minority of Romanians want a restoration. In that context, this outcome is a good one.

This is better than other royal families in Europe got.

The King's Family want a recognition from the republic?Why?

So the usual nasty members of King Michael's family are trying to sabotage the restoration of the monarchy - supposedly against the will of the King himself - by trying to reach an arrangement with the even more nasty and illegitimate Republic of Romania.
Besides, hasn't King Michael already reached an arrangement with the Republic of Romania, which recognized him a certain role and certain benefits and prerogatives, in 2001?

The King's Family want a recognition from the republic?Why?

Because that is the wisest thing to do. Look at the Greek royal family or the Savoias, both were even barred from entering their former countries until an agreement was reached. Better an agreement with the republic than being an exiled nobody.

Note that Henri d'Orléans served in the French army, that Aimone di Savoia-Aosta served in the Italian navy, etc. Look at the former German royal families. All of them have made an agreement with the German State and all of them have been compensated for the loss of former prerogatives or possessions. Some of them still receive compensation money anno 2016, for an example the Bavarian royal family!

The Romanians are on a dead track too regarding the succession. Now King Michael is still alive, make arrangements before it is too late! Dreaming does not bring bread on the table.

Last edited:
Because that is the wisest thing to do. Look at the Greek royal family or the Savoias, both were even barred from entering their former countries until an agreement was reached. Better an agreement with the republic than being an exiled nobody.

Note that Henri d'Orléans served in the French army, that Aimone di Savoia-Aosta served in the Italian navy, etc. Look at the former German royal families. All of them have made an agreement with the German State and all of them have been compensated for the loss of former prerogatives or possessions. Some of them still receive compensation money anno 2016, for an example the Bavarian royal family!

The Romanians are on a dead track too regarding the succession. Now King Michael is still alive, make arrangements before it is too late! Dreaming does not bring bread on the table.

Arrangements for the interests of a Family but not of the Monarchy.

So the usual nasty members of King Michael's family are trying to sabotage the restoration of the monarchy - supposedly against the will of the King himself - by trying to reach an arrangement with the even more nasty and illegitimate Republic of Romania.
Besides, hasn't King Michael already reached an arrangement with the Republic of Romania, which recognized him a certain role and certain benefits and prerogatives, in 2001?

The King is too frail to really get involved in this story.

I agree with Blog Real.

Romania is a democracy. Only a minority of Romanians want a restoration. In that context, this outcome is a good one.

This is better than other royal families in Europe got.

Outcome is good for what?Not for the Monarchy!

Very interesting article of the orthodox priest Fr.Marcel Radut Seliste regarding the "republican institutionalisation of the royal House":

Instituționalizarea republicană a Casei Regale - un răspuns pentru domnul profesor Alexandru Muraru | ActiveNews

What future of the royalist ideal now?

Viitorul ideii monarhice în România în cumpănă

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom