Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are waiting empress sissi . Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania (1985- )

Nicolae is not a prince anymore. This is a breaking news in Romania. King Michael excluded him from he line of succesion. We don't know the reason for the moment, we will find soon.

What?? After all the work Nicolae has put into his royal role something serious must've happened for the King to make such a move. Could it even be that Nicolae wanted out and requested it himself? This spells trouble for the future of the royal family in Romania. Hope we get more news soon,

Last edited:
If there was any chance of a restoration of the Monarchy in Romania, it's over now.

I think is better to wait to find what happen.

... His Majesty said that the Romanian royal family and the society of those times will need a government under the sign of modesty, well-balanced, with morals, respect and always thinking of others.
Keeping the same affection to his nephew, king Michael hopes that Nicholas would find, in future years, a suitable way to serve the ideals and use the qualities with which God endowed.
HRH Princess Elena, the mother of Nicholas, received notification of this decision through a personal letter sent by His Majesty King.
Anunţul Regelui Mihai I de România_ Nicolae nu mai este principe al României _ REALITATEA .NET
Translation

It's really a shocking news. Why did he give him title of prince then?

It's confusing. I don't see any reason.

According to some sources, Nicolae and his mother were unaware of this decision.

For those of us who do not speak or read Romanian, here is a rough translation (via google translate) of the text of the announcement:

The Press Office of His Majesty King Michael I is authorized to transmit the following statement:

"On August 1, 2015, His Majesty King Mihai signed a document to withdrew his grandson Nicholas, son of Princess Elena, the title of Prince of Romania and the title of Royal Highness and also to excluded Nicholas in line of succession to the Crown of Romania. These decisions came into effect the same day.

As head of the House and the Royal Family of Romania, King Mihai took the above decisions with an eye to Romania times to come after the end of the reign and life of his daughter, Margaret, Custodian of the Crown. His Majesty said the royal family and the Romanian society of those days will need a government under the sign of modesty, well-balanced, with morals, respect and always thinking of others.

Keeping the same affection to his nephew, Michael hopes that Nicholas will find, in future years, a suitable way to serve the ideals and use the qualities with which God endowed.

HRH Princess Elena, the mother of Nicholas, received notification of this decision, in a personal letter sent by His Majesty King.

I must say that I am shocked by this news and although we have no idea as yet why King Michael has made this decision, my initial reaction is that granting styles and titles and setting out some kind of future to go with those styles and titles changed the course of Nicolas's life and seemingly changing that after just a few years is very strange.

I don't understand anything. Anyone else?

I must say that I am shocked by this news and although we have no idea as yet why King Michael has made this decision, my initial reaction is that granting styles and titles and setting out some kind of future to go with those styles and titles changed the course of Nicolas's life and seemingly changing that after just a few years is very strange.

Reading the statement, I got the impression the King believes Romania must stay as a republic and by taking away his grandson's title he's assuring the Royal Family will come to an end with the generation of his daughters.

According to DC News sources, the king and Nicholas Medforth-Mills took the decision together. Nicholas believed that he cannot cope with the role to continue the dynasty, and the burden of the function is too large for him.
Sources close to the Royal House said for DCnews that Nicholas will resume private life and personal projects in another country, but will continue the philanthropic actions in which he was involved in Romania.
De ce a fost scos Nicolae din linia de succesiune a Regelui Mihai _ DC News _ De ce se intampla
Translation

Last edited:
" His Majesty said that the Romanian royal family and the society of those times will need a government under the sign of modesty, well-balanced, with morals, respect and always thinking of others."

Anyone else wondering what it is that Nicholas did that showed poor morals in his grandfather's mind?

" His Majesty said that the Romanian royal family and the society of those times will need a government under the sign of modesty, well-balanced, with morals, respect and always thinking of others."

Anyone else wondering what it is that Nicholas did that showed poor morals in his grandfather's mind?

I'm thinking exactly the same thing

Well all countries need a government under the sign of modesty, well-balanced, with morals, respect and always thinking of others, but seeing as that tends not to be achievable most of the time, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything - especially if what LadyFinn has posted above is correct and that the decision was taken together and seems to have come more from Nicholas than anyone else.

Rough translation (I don't speak romanian)
"It was communicated to members of other European royal families, was not a hasty decision, but made after consultation with the King and the Royal Council. Prince Nicholas could not play the role he has been in. This gap between the will of Nicholas and means to make an heir to the Royal Crown had not met. It's better to take such a decision because Nicholas has to go its own way.
He had involvement in professional sports, private activities that do not match the activity of the Crown, had no diplomatic experience and these challenges were too large and could not not go so well in the future", said Ioan Luca Vlad, private advisor of the Romanian Royal Family.
VIDEO Explicațiile Casei Regale referitoare la retragerea titlului lui Nicolae, fost principe - Stiri pe surse - Cele mai noi stiri
Translation

This makes me think, wasn't Nicholas well enough guided to his role when he started. Wasn't he told what he can do and what he can not do? And did he decide alone what he did as a prince, and decide his work duties, or did crown princess Margarita accept them, if he has done something which the king thinks it is not good to the Royal House.

Last edited:
I guess his sister Karina is now the heiress. Will she become a Princess?

So sad, Nicolae seemed to be such a great guy with a tremendous spirit of service.

The Romanian Royal family is pretty much over now. Margarita and Nicolae seemed to have such a connection with the people. Their hard work and presence made a restoration seem possible.

This gap between the will of Nicholas and means to make an heir to the Royal Crown had not met. It's better to take such a decision because Nicholas has to go its own way.
This is curious, perhaps Nicolae is a confirmed bachelor?

Last edited:
I think the "means to make a heir" refers to Nicholas' ability to be a heir, not his ability to procreate.

"Really, this might be Romania."

Oh wait, it is.

Guess this explains Margarita and Radu's recent visit to Switzerland.

I think the "means to make a heir" refers to Nicholas' ability to be a heir, not his ability to procreate.

Yes, that is what I think he meant too. Let's hope that we will get a good news article in english so that we don't have to rely on google translations, which often change meanings a little.

More of Ioan Luca Vlad's interview, also with google translation:
"Some of us could watch the grandson of king Michael on private route. I saw very good things that increased stature and role of the Crown in our country, but also a certain internal mismatch was not noted in any way. This does not work with scandals, with news sources, but simply a mismatch between the ideals emotional Prince and the rules they impose and the role that it assumed.. Here is the big difference to other situations in which withdrew the titles of Prince. He did not do something, it is a decision for the future, and not a penalty, it is a decision that Prince is consent, a decision that King took it with sadness, but enables him to concentrate on other things, ecology, youth, business, any would like to do abroad. Not only that title, is the role that he assumed and which involved 24 hours of 24 to devote to this mission. You can understand that it was too much for him. All the things that made them remain, all projects that involved can not sponge dynasty remains strong, and he remains almost to the royal family in his capacity as private."
The decision was taken by His Majesty, but after some counsel which has included Prince Nicholas, so it is perfect with his consent, said the lawyer.
Regele Mihai i-a retras titlul de Principe nepotului său Nicolae şi l-a exclus din Linia de Succesiune la Coroana României
Translation

Last edited:
I don't know if find out what really happen :sad: But is so same.

I'm very surprised and puzzled. I hope that some more and clearer informations will be released about the reasons behind this decision.
But what lets me much and much puzzled is that on a side they say that the King has decided that the Royal Family will come to an end after Crown Princess Margarita's "reign and life", but on the other side there is still a "line of succession" which continues after Margarita.

And finally something in english:
...Royal House adviser Ioan Luca-Vlad told Digi24 immediately after the decision was announced that the move came following “an emotional disparity between Nicolae’s ideals and the House’s standards.” It’s not a punishment, but a decision for the future, to which King Mihai came with a particular sadness, the royal adviser explained. He also mentioned the decision was taken ‘in harmony with the involved persons.’ ‘We should not look in any garbage cans as we won’t find anything,’ the adviser added.
According to Luca-Vlad, Nicolae will remain a member of the Royal House, but he will leave Romania, as there are many foreign NGOs that want to collaborate with him on various projects....
Prince Nicolae removed from the line of succession of the Romanian Royal House, stripped of ‘prince’ title _ The Romania Journal

Yes the line of succession continues, Nicolae is that is no longer in line. I hope that arise further explanation soon.

Perhaps he needed a lighter schedule to give him some breathing room, even reigning families get that. And why take away his title? There are plenty of princes and princesses not in the line of succession. And he is leaving the country? Sounds almost like exile.

Wow, that's a real shocker.... what i make of the various articles is that Nicolai simply couldn't handle the role and either Mihai took the decision based on what he saw was happening or Nicolai asked him to do so..

Last edited:
See to me this screams of there is some kind of scandal that the family is hiding right now.

I find it strange. But who will it stay in place Nicolae? your sister?

I think we will hear soon what Nicholas will start doing. It might just be that he wants to do charity work with NGOs more concretely than he could in his role as a prince. Maybe standing in military parades and things like that aren't what he wants to do. But this is pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom