The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 03:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ah, yes, it is all "the Narcissist Radu"... It was Radu and not the King disapproving the marriage with the fraud and the fantast Alain Biarneix? It was Radu and not the King to break with the House of Hohenzollern? It was Radu and not the King who drafted new rules for the House of Romania? It was Radu and not the King who took back his daughter, formerly Madame Biarneix and his granddaughter in grace and favour? It was Radu and not the King who came up with a newly invented line of succession? It was Radu and not the King whom created Nicholas "Prince of Romania"? It was Radu and not the King whom threw the fresh young "Prince" out of the Royal House again? It was Radu and not the King who barred the fallen-in-disgrace only grandson out of the michaelist version of the succession?

If it is all Radu, Radu, Radu, then this shows that Michael and his family are total spineless weak mussels, dancing to the pipes of an in-law. It also shows that Radu is the only one who is macchiavellist enough to steer the former Royal House into a position it is now: on the brink of getting a formal position in the republic.

I don't join the chorus of Sanctus Michaelis versus the diable Radu Duda.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

There certainly seems to be quite a few odd things going on in the family, they are certainly a divided family which seems a shame given the King is so ill and probably in his final stage of life. I am surprised that the RF would allow statements about such private things to be made public, that certainly shows IMO they, or whoever is in charge in the RF, is happy for this to be played out in public, obviously to make Nicholas look bad.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
But why is prevented from seeing King Nicholas?

King Nicolas???Heaven forbid...I'm sure you mean to say King Mihail.

But that probably is because King Mihail ordered such.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
There certainly seems to be quite a few odd things going on in the family, they are certainly a divided family which seems a shame given the King is so ill and probably in his final stage of life. I am surprised that the RF would allow statements about such private things to be made public, that certainly shows IMO they, or whoever is in charge in the RF, is happy for this to be played out in public, obviously to make Nicholas look bad.
It seems that Nicolai is the one who is talking publicly. I don't suppose they can stop him. but it does seem very sad when the poor old King is dying that there is this fuss going on. If Nic's fault is that he may have fathered a child, it is harldy SO bad, that he should be treated as not being allowed to see his grandfather.. unless it would upset the King very much to see him. I can't help feeling there must be more to it than simply a possible child out of wedlock.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Radu Enache, the lawyer of Nicholas Medforth-Mills, says that There have been no criminal charges for marked bruising or other violence. The staff and nurses at the residence did not file such complaints. Only the complaint of home violation, submitted by the Royal House and signed by Princess Margareta, remained valid.
Nicolae Medforth-Mills, nepotul Regelui Mihai, scapă de acuzaţia de violenţă, dar rămâne cu cea de violare de domiciliu. Audieri în Elveţia, după incidentul de la reşedinţa fostului monarh - Mediafax
Translation

Trying to get information from the translated articles.
Radu Enache says obviously, if I understood correctly, that Nicholas has said that he has never received a letter with an original signature of king Michael about the withdrawal of his prince title. It obviously means that he has got a letter which is a copy, and there isn't an original signature of king Michael to be seen.
The lawyer said also that the former prince Nicolae intends to say in December who is behind his exclusion from the succession line.
EXCLUSIV. Avocat_ Dubii că decizia de retragere a titlului pentru fostul prinț Nicolae a fost semnată de Regele Mihai
Translation

Nicholas at his Facebook:
"The only complaint was that the Royal House had filed a complaint for a home violation. The other involved people who did not file any criminal charges against him, and in fact the Royal House could not file a criminal complaint on behalf of the nurses because only injured person can make such a complaint", said Radu Enache, lawyer."
https://www.facebook.com/PrincipeleN...=page_internal
Old 11-11-2017, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Just how hard is it to be royalty?

The basics:

* Don't commit crimes
* Don't behave immorally
* Stay out of partisan politics

Not hard to do! If these people can't follow those basic rules, they don't deserve royal status.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSENYC View Post
Just how hard is it to be royalty?

The basics:

* Don't commit crimes
* Don't behave immorally
* Stay out of partisan politics

Not hard to do! If these people can't follow those basic rules, they don't deserve royal status.
Is it an irony?
Among kings there were so many that commited crimes and behaved immorally.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

Journalist Roxana Iordache, who was close to the Romanian royal family in the 1990s and an advisor to King Michael, has come out with some interesting statements about Princess Helen of Romania.

She alleges that Princess Helen sued her son when he was a minor for the inheritance his father, Dr Robin Medforth-Mills, had left to Nicholas after the couple divorced in 1991. Iordache wrote, "she wanted all the money, not to take care of her son. Nicholas was just a scared child when his parents divorced and he was sent off to boarding schools."

Further, Iordache states that King Michael wanted his grandson to grow up in Romania, but that Helen would not give her consent for this to happen.

ACUZAȚII DEVASTATOARE pentru Principesa Elena. Informații DIN INTERIOR. Cât de MESCHINĂ a fost mama sa cu Principele Nicolae
Old 11-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know much about the family but they seem really rather dysfunctional and not at all sentimental with each other.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Journalist Roxana Iordache, who was close to the Romanian royal family in the 1990s and an advisor to King Michael, has come out with some interesting statements about Princess Helen of Romania.

She alleges that Princess Helen sued her son when he was a minor for the inheritance his father, Dr Robin Medforth-Mills, had left to Nicholas after the couple divorced in 1991. Iordache wrote, "she wanted all the money, not to take care of her son. Nicholas was just a scared child when his parents divorced and he was sent off to boarding schools."

Further, Iordache states that King Michael wanted his grandson to grow up in Romania, but that Helen would not give her consent for this to happen.

ACUZAȚII DEVASTATOARE pentru Principesa Elena. Informații DIN INTERIOR. Cât de MESCHINĂ a fost mama sa cu Principele Nicolae
Poor boy ! Thank you for translating.... I really wish in this case I could understand Romanian language !
Old 11-11-2017, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If Nic's fault is that he may have fathered a child, it is harldy SO bad, that he should be treated as not being allowed to see his grandfather.. unless it would upset the King very much to see him.
To my understanding, the king's father Carol constantly cheated on his mother Helen and has a half-brother (Whose son also wants a shot at the throne and actually recently had a child for that reason...He is like seventy I believe?).

I think it is easily understandable that it might hurt the king a lot seeing his beloved grandson doing something like that...He is from a different era with a different set of morals, mentality. Asking him to change suddenly on his deathbed so Nicholas would not feel bad sounds selfish to me. I know that this is a difficult situation, but I think Nicholas should be more understanding. If the king truly said no to him visiting him, then he should not force it and let his grandfather have his peace.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessElena View Post
To my understanding, the king's father Carol constantly cheated on his mother Helen and has a half-brother
The half-brother, Carol Mircea Lambrino, was actually born from King Carol II's first marriage to Zizi Lambrino, which was later annulled. Carol Mircea never met his father, and Zizi had to raise him in rather difficult circumstances in France.

Of course, King Michael was the only issue from Carol's second marriage to Princess Helen of Greece and Denmark.

Then Carol formed a liaison with Magda Lupescu. She became his third wife and was known as "Princess Elena of Romania" in contrast to the Queen Mother Elena. Magda and Carol had no children.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't like getting into too much discussion on this because poor K Michael is on his deathbed... but forgiveness does not mean that he needs to condone Nic's behaviour if he thinks it is wrong.
He can try ad understand and forgive... and if nicolae would like to see him, and it would not be too stressful for him, to meet him. but If it is very stressful I agree it would be selfish of Nic to try to insist. I think N is a bit too prone to use this occasion to talk out of trun. however, if hs MAIN fault is fathering a child, allegedly, I honestly would not have said that that was so terrible that he should not be recieved by his grandfather.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It seems that Nicolai is the one who is talking publicly. I don't suppose they can stop him. but it does seem very sad when the poor old King is dying that there is this fuss going on. If Nic's fault is that he may have fathered a child, it is harldy SO bad, that he should be treated as not being allowed to see his grandfather.. unless it would upset the King very much to see him. I can't help feeling there must be more to it than simply a possible child out of wedlock.
Maybe we need to look with Eastern-European and Russian-Orthodox eyes to it and not with our liberal Western view?
Old 11-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Nothing would make me happier than if the family were able to unite, for the sake of each one, the family as a whole, and the Royal House. It is for them to work out what each member of the family needs to do for that to happen. I do not think Nicholas, who is clearly a soul in torment and deserves sympathy, is helping matters at all (let alone his own situation) by talking to the press. One day, he'll face the question: how can you criticise anyone for not allowing you to see your Grandfather when you yourself have been denying your own alleged child the right to know who her father and family is, or take responsibility for her?
Old 11-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

My advice to this 'soul in torment' would be..

"Forget them and make a knew life with the Woman you love. Your family [most particularly your Mother] have shown publicly what they think of you, and [from outside] the damage appears irreparable. Find happiness where you can , since your birth family certainly won't provide it".
Old 11-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
My advice to this 'soul in torment' would be..

"Forget them and make a knew life with the Woman you love. Your family [most particularly your Mother] have shown publicly what they think of you, and [from outside] the damage appears irreparable. Find happiness where you can , since your birth family certainly won't provide it".
That means giving up. No hope on reconciliation. That is too soon. What does not help is making a scčne around the possible last days of the former King. My advice would be: keep a low profile. Avoid the media. Live an exemplaric life. Support your aunt Princess Margareta. She will need it. Keep contact with your sister Elizabeth. She is the line between you and your mother. And chances are that the mood will change and that Nicholas will be welcomed again.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That means giving up. No hope on reconciliation. That is too soon. What does not help is making a scčne around the possible last days of the former King. My advice would be: keep a low profile. Avoid the media. Live an exemplaric life. Support your aunt Princess Margareta. She will need it. Keep contact with your sister Elizabeth. She is the line between you and your mother. And chances are that the mood will change and that Nicholas will be welcomed again.
Message full of wisdom...
Old 11-13-2017, 05:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think they should give up on the idea of the monarchy being restored. I don't think that it has much chance and these sorts of rows over who is Prince etc are unedifiying. Nicolas should try and keepe in touch with his family but certainly avoid these sort of rows and disputes.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think they should give up on the idea of the monarchy being restored. I don't think that it has much chance and these sorts of rows over who is Prince etc are unedifiying. Nicolas should try and keepe in touch with his family but certainly avoid these sort of rows and disputes.
A restoration of the monarchy was never a real prospect but in Parliament there is a Bill in reading for an official status of the former royal family in the Republic of Romania. Including a budget and the use of a residence. That is something other exiled royal families can only dream about. Nicolas is dangerously damaging this process by his actions. When this Bill fails in Parliament because all the rumour around the former royal family, Princess Margareta and her sisters will never ever forgive Nicholas. They have come from so far, from exile and confiscation under Communist rule to where they are now.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania