Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree with you, Sancia.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
[...] No matter what did Nicholas Medforth-Mills wrong. His grandfather is dying and he should be allowed to see him for the last time. [...]
"He should be allowed". Okay, seen from the viewpoint of Nicholas. But it takes two to tango. What about the viewpoint of King Michael? If he has expressed the wish that he does not want to see him? Shouldn't that be leading then?

Nicholas was not only verbally and physically abusive, according the police report. He also tried to intrude in a private domain without permission to do so. These are serious misdemeanours, which will only confirm the (pre)judice that he is "unfit" for being the future Head of the House.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
"He should be allowed". Okay, seen from the viewpoint of Nicholas. But it takes two to tango. What about the viewpoint of King Michael? If he has expressed the wish that he does not want to see him? Shouldn't that be leading then?
Would we be sure that someone had called on His Majesty King Mihail to allow his grandson to come and visit him and that His Majesty did reject the sole idea of it, I would agree with you that the King's wishes are leading. However, the whole situation is such a mess that I can't hold for sure that someone was even allowed to make a plea for Nicholas.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Would we be sure that someone had called on His Majesty King Mihail to allow his grandson to come and visit him and that His Majesty did reject the sole idea of it, I would agree with you that the King's wishes are leading. However, the whole situation is such a mess that I can't hold for sure that someone was even allowed to make a plea for Nicholas.
That will remain unsure. But it is not unimagineable that the King has expressed that he never ever wants to see his grandson again and that the nurses and security have simply barred the entrance on his orders.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
The whole situation is appalling. I can understand the need of accountability from a pretendant to a throne, but if the family is holding so dear christian traditions and "values", they should be aware of the importance of forgiveness. No matter what did Nicholas Medforth-Mills wrong. His grandfather is dying and he should be allowed to see him for the last time. The release from princess Elena is absolutely awful : how can a mother have these kind of words about her son just when her own father is about to die ? It is very undignified.
"Appalling", no, but very sad. It is the tragic destiny of royals to have this double existence - as living breathing mortal humans and as symbolic representative figureheads.

On the human level, whose rights prevail? a dying grandfather who has, it seems, expressed his wish not to see his grandson or a grandson who wants to see his dying grandfather?
Should a dying grandfather be granted what he wants (or maybe he is beyond knowing)?
Should the grandson whose actions in the last two years, it appears, have not tried to resolve the cause of the estrangement, now get what he wants?

From a mother's perspective we could perhaps ask how can a son who has not accepted responsibility for establishing if he is a father (and his mother a grandparent), and if so, been providing for his baby child, now claim to be mistreated? How can he create a scene and go to the press at a time when his grandfather is dying?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The whole situation is appalling. I can understand the need of accountability from a pretendant to a throne, but if the family is holding so dear christian traditions and "values", they should be aware of the importance of forgiveness. No matter what did Nicholas Medforth-Mills wrong. His grandfather is dying and he should be allowed to see him for the last time. The release from princess Elena is absolutely awful : how can a mother have these kind of words about her son just when her own father is about to die ? It is very undignified.
Exactly what I was going to write myself ! How can a mother do that ????? Of course she can disapprove her son's actions but privately NOT for the world to see.....dismal....
Old 11-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Whatever tenuous hopes there might have been for a restoration of the Monarchy in Romania [after King Michael's death] have surely been have been irrevocably damaged by this unseemly family spat...
They contrive to make the famously quarrelsome Romanov's look united and dignified !

It is BEYOND sad.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Whatever tenuous hopes there might have been for a restoration of the Monarchy in Romania [after King Michael's death] have surely been have been irrevocably damaged by this unseemly family spat...
They contrive to make the famously quarrelsome Romanov's look united and dignified !

It is BEYOND sad.
Oh yes and as a Christian myself I Wonder at someone receiving the last sacraments and NOT forgiving people around him
Old 11-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
NOT forgiving people around him
King Michael being 'in extremis' may not be in any fit state to see clearly ?

Princess Elena, however has no such 'excuse'...
Old 11-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Oh yes and as a Christian myself I Wonder at someone receiving the last sacraments and NOT forgiving people around him
As a Christian, do you interpret "judge not that ye be not judged" to be an exhortation for Christians to "wonder" about their own souls rather than speculating about what's in the soul of others?
Old 11-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Christianity does not forbid to admonish the sinners - vide: Gospel according to Matthew, chapter 18.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Christianity does not forbid to admonish the sinners - vide: Gospel according to Matthew, chapter 18.
Isn't it clear in this chapter that you should know that a sin has been committed before you proceed to admonish the sinner?
Old 11-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Indeed, but King Mihail or people close to him could have said "you are a sinner and I disapprove the way you behaved but you are still your grandfather's grandson and you are welcome to pay a last visit before he passes away".
Old 11-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was referring to Forum members "admonishing" the King for his alleged implacability in relation to Nicolas.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I was referring to Forum members "admonishing" the King for his alleged implacability in relation to Nicolas.
Sorry. I misunderstood you.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Indeed, but King Mihail or people close to him could have said "you are a sinner and I disapprove the way you behaved but you are still your grandfather's grandson and you are welcome to pay a last visit before he passes away".
Yes, but probably King Michael is so hard on his grandson because mayhe, -speculation- he did all for him, enlisted him in his version of the succession, made him a Prince of Romania with the style of HRH, introduced him to the public and the world was open to Nicholas. Maybe the King felt so immensely let down by his grandson and heir, that something broke in him and dismissed him "for ever". We have no idea. It is by far not the only royal family where feuds run / ran deep, even around a death bed.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I personally believe that the last wishes of a person should be followed to the letter no matter what or who disagrees. The dying individual is the only important human at that specific time. If anyone, no matter who, gets upset or causes a scene because they feel their wants are more important, tough. They will just have to get over it properly or make a fool of themselves which does no one any good. If a person never wanted to see another individual ever again for whatever reason that is it and it is the immediate family to make sure his/her final wishes are followed to the letter even if they disagree. No one should ever reverse a dying individual's wishes especially when these wishes were made known many months prior and never wanted them changed. It is his/her last wish on this earth and should be honored.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nicholas's statement at his Facebook. He has also added to his name "grandson of the king" (Nicolae de Roumanie Medforth Mills - Nepotul Regelui)
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...11&oe=5A6A6F74
https://www.facebook.com/PrincipeleN...=page_internal

Article about his statement, princess Elena's statement and royal family's press release
Nicolae Medforth-Mills_ Nu cred că Regele Mihai este cel care a decis ca noi să nu ne vedem. Dimpotrivă, ştiu că şi-ar fi dorit mult - Mediafax
Translation

I can't understand that a mother can do to her child like princess Elena has today done to her son.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I personally believe that the last wishes of a person should be followed to the letter no matter what or who disagrees. The dying individual is the only important human at that specific time. If anyone, no matter who, gets upset or causes a scene because they feel their wants are more important, tough. They will just have to get over it properly or make a fool of themselves which does no one any good. If a person never wanted to see another individual ever again for whatever reason that is it and it is the immediate family to make sure his/her final wishes are followed to the letter even if they disagree. No one should ever reverse a dying individual's wishes especially when these wishes were made known many months prior and never wanted them changed. It is his/her last wish on this earth and should be honored.
I do agree that the last wishes of a person are very important. But I don't see how a grandson rejected by his grandfather and his family can make fool of himself when he bears the suffering of not being able to see a love one for the last time and express it. And when the last wish of a dying individual is due to bring more suffering than good on the earth, I am not sure it should honored whatever the price. A last wish can be evil, even when being a last wish. Not to speak about a mother who is undignified enough to spit publicly on her own son.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I do agree that the last wishes of a person are very important
And whose word do we have that these are the King's 'last wishes' ? ONLY the word of the clique that surrounds and controls him now..and who [of course] have their own interests to foster and protect.
Mr Medforth-Mills [judging from his statement] certainly believes his Grandfather would not have wished their relationship to end in this manner...and makes thinly veiled references to the individual/s he holds responsible...
Closed Thread

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania