The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1501  
Old 11-08-2017, 01:04 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 34,800
Nicholas's interview, also a video:
Casa Regală a făcut plângere împotriva nepotului Regelui. Nicolae_ _Am încercat să-l văd pe bunicul meu. N-am putut_ - Stirileprotv.ro
Google translation
  #1502  
Old 11-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Dalriada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 378
http://www.romaniatv.net/mobi/scanda...iu_386213.html

This report from Romania TV appears to confirm the presence of Princess Margareta at the scene of the “crime” that the Royal House has publicly complained about:
“Last night, an envoy of the Bishop of the Metropolitan Joseph of Western and Southern Europe came to Switzerland to give His Majesty the Holy Communion, in the presence of the Crown Princess," conveys the Royal House.”
  #1503  
Old 11-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
About Nicholas's education and work from his interview in 2015
He completed his formal primary and secondary education at Argyle House of Sunderland, the UK, in 1999. In 1999, he enrolled with the Shiplake College of Henley on Thames, the UK.
In high school, Prince Nicholas won a GCSE certificate in Mathematics, French, German, English Literature and Language, Information Technology, Geography and Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Physics), and he graduated the GCSE A-level in French, Business Sciences and Physical Education.
In 2004, Prince Nicholas was assistant leader of an expedition to South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe. In 2005, he lived in Kenya for four months and joined an expedition to Madagascar. In 2006, he was employed in Kenya as a rafting trainer for the British Armies.
In 2009-2012, Prince Nicholas attended Management classes at the Royal Holloway College, the London University.
INTERVIEW_Prince Nicholas_ Books - a gate to another world, accessed through words and imagination – AGERPRES

According to his LinkedIn, after the prince title was taken away from him, Nicholas has studied Software Product Management (Online) at the University of Alberta and worked as a project manager at Evozon in 2016. He has also spoken in March at Cambridge Romanian Society about Romania, her history and what it means to be Romanian in an adopted country.
Nicholas Medforth-Mills _ Professional Profile
Thanks for such detailed information!
Hopefully Mr Medforth-Mills will able to find a gainful employment.
  #1504  
Old 11-08-2017, 04:06 PM
andrew's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arad, Romania
Posts: 276
.

Although I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories but I'm getting more and more convinced that the consort of princess Margareta is an 'agent' to discredit the royal family. I may be wrong but when he ran for presidency some years ago I said that was NOT OK! And all the circus around prince Nicholas-bringing him in the flashlight, parading him through the country as the future of the monarchy and then flushing him down the toilet-to me it looks like an evil plan to bring down the monarchy. And all the time mr. Duda insisted that all of this was with the approval of the king. The king has been in the shadows for many years and there were only statements issued in his name so let me be suspicious about his true feelings. I think the king didn't want to upset his daughter,who is mesmerized by her husband and is completely under his spell.
I'm really sorry about thid situation because I truely believed that with prince Nicholas the Romanian monarchy would have had a chance in the future but as it stands now I see no future for them after the king and the princess will have passed away.
  #1505  
Old 11-08-2017, 06:44 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 5,579
Desastrous for the image of all concerned.....A king is supposed to represent union in his people.... but if there is not even peace in his own family.....
  #1506  
Old 11-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,864

Andrew, you're not the only person to hold these suspicions, I've read other's opinions on other Royal Boards and forums. I've read some persons who suspect Nicholas' "downfall", being stripped of his title, and being banished from the Royal Family are due to the actions of a certain individual who is not the King or any of his daughters, shall we say. It's also distressing that Nicholas' own mother has joined the family in disowning him and banishment, so to say.
The actions of the Royal Family in the last couple of years have certainly not helped their image and have given anti-Monarchists ammunition to press for their cause.
  #1507  
Old 11-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,994
Nicholas de Roumanie gave a short interview to a Romanian station broadcasting from Aubonne. He is filmed walking up to the door of the residence of King Michael and knocking - the arrival of police is also shown.

Among other things, Nicholas states that there was no altercation: he flew directly to Switzerland when he learned his grandfather's condition was worsening, he went to the house and asked to see his grandfather, and he was not allowed to do so. He says that he has not seen his grandfather in two years, the last time being at a gathering for Queen Anne's birthday in 2015.

Per Nicholas, this is his sixth or seventh (unsuccessful) attempt to see King Michael in Aubonne since their last meeting.

Casa Regală a făcut plângere împotriva nepotului Regelui. Nicolae: "Am încercat să-l văd pe bunicul meu. N-am putut" - Stirileprotv.ro
__________________
Sii forte.
  #1508  
Old 11-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 3,648
But Crown Princess Margareta doesn’t have children and she’s 68. So who exactly is she saving the throne/royal family for? As far as I know, there is no heir being groomed to continue Margareta’s work or continue the monarchist cause in Romania. So basically, in 20 years it’ll be all for nothing.
  #1509  
Old 11-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,864
I have to look it up, but I believe the next in the succession after Margareta is her sister, Nicholas's mother. As I say, I have to look it up and will gladly stand corrected.
  #1510  
Old 11-09-2017, 01:53 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 13,020
Elena as the next eldest daughter is 1st in line for the throne. Followed by Nicholas' sister Elisabeta, his Aunt Sophie, Sophie's daughter Elizabeth, and Aunt Maria.

Male preference not male only so I assume Elisabeta would be the one being groomed if not her brother.
  #1511  
Old 11-09-2017, 01:58 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 13,235
We may question the hard stance of the family towards the grandson-fallen-out-of-grace. But verbally and physically abusing people, as well violation of domestic peace and privacy are serious misdemeanours which do not shed a good light on Mr Medforth Mills.
  #1512  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:28 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 13,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Elena as the next eldest daughter is 1st in line for the throne. Followed by Nicholas' sister Elisabeta, his Aunt Sophie, Sophie's daughter Elizabeth, and Aunt Maria.

Male preference not male only so I assume Elisabeta would be the one being groomed if not her brother.
It depends which "succession" you are looking into. In 2007 former King Michael unilaterally changed the once democratically vested rules. As only Parliament could amend the succession rules together with the Constitution in which they had been included, the King's one-sided personal decision is food for discussion and alleged by some to be undemocratic. If the completely one-sided and private decision to change the succession is acceptable to posters on this Forum, then they have no any ground to protest when the King completely one-sided and privately adds and removes successors à la his mood of the day, as he did with Nicholas Medforth Mills.



The succession according the Constitution, and respected by former King Michael until 2007:
1 - Karl Friedrich Fürst von Hohenzollern (1952) - son of Friedrich Wilhelm Fürst von Hohenzollern and of Margarita Prinzessin zu Leiningen
2 - Alexander Erbprinz von Hohenzollern (1987) - son of Karl Friedrich Fürst von Hohenzollern and of Alexandra Schenk Gräfin von Stauffenberg
3 - Ferdinand Prinz von Hohenzollern (1960) - son of Friedrich Wilhelm Fürst von Hohenzollern and of Margarita Prinzessin zu Leiningen
4 - Aloïs Prinz von Hohenzollern (1999)- son of Ferdinand Prinz von Hohenzollern and of Ilona Gräfin Kálnoky de Köröspatak
5 - Fidelis Prinz von Hohenzollern (2001) - son of Ferdinand Prinz von Hohenzollern and of Ilona Gräfin Kálnoky de Köröspatak



The succession according the new privately set and privately changed rules by former King Michael since 2007:
1 - Princess Margareta of Romania born Prinzessin von Hohenzollern (1949) - daughter of King Michael of Romania born Prinz von Hohenzollern and of Anne Princesse de Bourbon de Parme
2 - Princess Elena of Romania born Prinzessin von Hohenzollern (1950) - daughter of King Michael of Romania born Prinz von Hohenzollern and of Anne Princesse de Bourbon de Parme
3 - Elisabeta Karina Medforth Mills (1989) - daughter of Mr Robin Medforth Mills and Princess Elena of Romania born Prinzessin von Hohenzollern
4 - Princess Sophie of Romania born Prinzessin von Hohenzollern (1957) - daughter of King Michael of Romania born Prinz von Hohenzollern and of Anne Princesse de Bourbon de Parme
5 - Elizabeta Maria Biarneix - daughter of Mr Alain Biarneix and of Princess Sophie of Romania born Prinzessin von Hohenzollern
6 - Princess Maria of Romania born Prinzessin von Hohenzollern (1964) - daughter of King Michael of Romania born Prinz von Hohenzollern and of Anne Princesse de Bourbon de Parme
  #1513  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:44 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 13,020
Right now there is no monarchy, and no promise there ever will be again. They are simply a family, with titles as last names. As head of the family Michael used his power to change the succession (basically inheritance) of his family. Does the government get a democratic vote on how your will is made? Because right now the Romanians are just the same as you, they are private citizens. This monarchy doesn't exist.

Now if the monarchy ever does get re-instated, the succession will become an issue. And there is absolutely no reason to believe the Romanian government, instituting a new monarchy, would think they would need to follow old laws. With the pressure for society for equal rights for women, the idea that they would create a New monarchy with agnatic primogeniture is minimal at best. I know you wish the entire world would go back to where only sperm counts, but the most of the world has moved forward. We're not talking about changing laws, the monarchy doesn't exist to change right now. Its only a courtesy. Its up to debate, if the monarchy is ever restored, what laws will be implemented.
  #1514  
Old 11-09-2017, 03:15 AM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Right now there is no monarchy, and no promise there ever will be again. They are simply a family, with titles as last names. As head of the family Michael used his power to change the succession (basically inheritance) of his family. Does the government get a democratic vote on how your will is made? Because right now the Romanians are just the same as you, they are private citizens. This monarchy doesn't exist.

Now if the monarchy ever does get re-instated, the succession will become an issue. And there is absolutely no reason to believe the Romanian government, instituting a new monarchy, would think they would need to follow old laws. With the pressure for society for equal rights for women, the idea that they would create a New monarchy with agnatic primogeniture is minimal at best. I know you wish the entire world would go back to where only sperm counts, but the most of the world has moved forward. We're not talking about changing laws, the monarchy doesn't exist to change right now. Its only a courtesy. Its up to debate, if the monarchy is ever restored, what laws will be implemented.
Agree with your statement, especially in bold. If, in the smallest chance, the royal family is reinstated, the government of the day can change the succession.

Just like Greece, their titles are courtesy that are recognised by other Royal houses.
  #1515  
Old 11-09-2017, 03:37 AM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Just like Greece, their titles are courtesy that are recognised by other Royal houses.
That is not entirely correct. A person is recognized internationally, by republican and monarchical governments alike, according to the highest ranked title he has ever legally held, and in the case of Greece, and other former monarchies, if a person who has been reigning monarch is still alive, they will always be referred to as such, as in the case of King Constantine of the Hellenes, or Empress Farah of Iran, just as is the case with former presidents, prime ministers and others. The question of disputed titles comes into play when a person is granted a title after the abolition of a monarchy, such as is the case of all living royalty in former monarchies such as Germany, Austria, Russia and Turkey, where the monarchy was abolished before anyone living today was given a title.
Monarchists and people with sympathetic views towards the monarchy or who observes reverence to a former sovereign, such as King Michael of Romania, accepts his power to grant titles to people even after the abolition of the throne he once occupied. Therefore, Margareta de Roumanie, who was born a Princess and will always be minimally referred to as such, is by most referred to in the way her father wants her referred to, namely Crown Princess Margareta, Custodian of the Crown.

Anyway, digressions aside .. The situation surrounding Nicholas Medforth-Mills is very sad indeed, and as is clear from the latest situation in Switzerland, he has effectively been shut out of the Royal Family. Whether that is by the instructions of the King himself, those around him who act on his behalf or a combination, is unclear, but what is clear, is that this situation, that will not go away, is very damaging to the Royal Family and the cause of monarchical restoration in Romania.
As most recognize, with the Crown Princess being without heirs, and her sister, Nicholas' mother, Princess Elena, seemingly not very interested in the cause, it becomes a conundrum what the family is actually aiming for with their active work in Romania today.
If one looks at it fairly objectively, one will see that the Royal Family is more visible today in Romania than since the revolution, that they are given roles to fulfill all around the country and a wide berth to re-establish the Royal House in the minds of Romanians.

I just struggle to see what all the work is for, all the while there is no clear plan in hand for what follows the Crown Princess and Princess Maria, who are currently doing well in representing their family in Romania.

Watching the interview with Nicholas Medforth-Mills and seeing the expression on his face when he answers with confusion when asked about his exclusion from the Royal House and the loss of his title, one is only left wondering what he could possibly have done to warrant such consequences.

With the life of His Majesty seemingly drawing to a close, the Crown Princess will need to deal with this. She is the Custodian of the Crown, and as such, the interests of the Romanian monarchy is in her hands. She is also his aunt, and in a family where you must find a way to get along and forge a workable way forward, separating the one viable path into the future that lies before seems foolish at best, and reckless at worst.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
  #1516  
Old 11-09-2017, 03:45 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 13,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Right now there is no monarchy, and no promise there ever will be again. They are simply a family, with titles as last names. As head of the family Michael used his power to change the succession (basically inheritance) of his family. Does the government get a democratic vote on how your will is made? Because right now the Romanians are just the same as you, they are private citizens. This monarchy doesn't exist.

Now if the monarchy ever does get re-instated, the succession will become an issue. And there is absolutely no reason to believe the Romanian government, instituting a new monarchy, would think they would need to follow old laws. With the pressure for society for equal rights for women, the idea that they would create a New monarchy with agnatic primogeniture is minimal at best. I know you wish the entire world would go back to where only sperm counts, but the most of the world has moved forward. We're not talking about changing laws, the monarchy doesn't exist to change right now. Its only a courtesy. Its up to debate, if the monarchy is ever restored, what laws will be implemented.
I prefer to stay to the last democratically vested Constitution and it is entirely up to the democratically elected Parliament, if ever, to decide on the Royal House and the royal succession. I prefer that above personal whims and moods of an unaccountable individual who adds, removes or bars individuals to his onw will and pleasure.
  #1517  
Old 11-09-2017, 05:19 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRohan View Post
T The situation surrounding Nicholas Medforth-Mills is very sad indeed, and as is clear from the latest situation in Switzerland, he has effectively been shut out of the Royal Family. Whether that is by the instructions of the King himself, those around him who act on his behalf or a combination, is unclear, but what is clear, is that this situation, that will not go away, is very damaging to the Royal Family and the cause of monarchical restoration in Romania.
As most recognize, with the Crown Princess being without heirs, and her sister, Nicholas' mother, Princess Elena, seemingly not very interested in the cause, it becomes a conundrum what the family is actually aiming for with their active work in Romania today.
If one looks at it fairly objectively, one will see that the Royal Family is more visible today in Romania than since the revolution, that they are given roles to fulfill all around the country and a wide berth to re-establish the Royal House in the minds of Romanians.

I just struggle to see what all the work is for, all the while there is no clear plan in hand for what follows the Crown Princess and Princess Maria, who are currently doing well in representing their family in Romania.

Watching the interview with Nicholas Medforth-Mills and seeing the expression on his face when he answers with confusion when asked about his exclusion from the Royal House and the loss of his title, one is only left wondering what he could possibly have done to warrant such consequences.

With the life of His Majesty seemingly drawing to a close, the Crown Princess will need to deal with this. She is the Custodian of the Crown, and as such, the interests of the Romanian monarchy is in her hands. She is also his aunt, and in a family where you must find a way to get along and forge a workable way forward, separating the one viable path into the future that lies before seems foolish at best, and reckless at worst.
The article below, quotes a release by the Royal House containing Princess Elena's comments on her son's recent actions, the situation concerning his removal from the succession and the King's feelings about receiving his grandson.

"I am very disappointed and worried about the deeds of my son, Nicholas. By his behavior in the past days, Nicholas disregarded the intimacy, suffering and dignity of my father, King Michael.

I have previously told Nicholas that the King does not want to see him because of his lack of moral principles. Even the King, receiving the news of my son's marriage, told Nicholas in a private letter on August 4, 2017 that he was deeply saddened that Nicholas had done nothing to clarify the paternity of his alleged child, a girl of nearly two years. This shows an unacceptable lack of accountability.

At my most recent visit to Aubonne in August, my father personally confirmed to me his decision not to receive Nicholas, something my son knew. King Mihai made known, several times in writing, that the reason for his decision to withdraw Nicholas the royal title is that my son does not have the necessary qualities for a position in the Royal House of Romania.

The works of Nicholas in these days are profoundly wrong, moral and human. My son has shown contempt for Romania, its people and the principles of the Royal House. For me, as a mother, this aspect is devastating, "writes Princess Elena, in the release sent by the Royal House.



Scandalul din Casa Regală ia amploare. Principesa Elena:...
  #1518  
Old 11-09-2017, 05:29 AM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
The article below, quotes a release by the Royal House containing Princess Elena's comments on her son's recent actions, the situation concerning his removal from the succession and the King's feelings about receiving his grandson.

"I am very disappointed and worried about the deeds of my son, Nicholas. By his behavior in the past days, Nicholas disregarded the intimacy, suffering and dignity of my father, King Michael.

I have previously told Nicholas that the King does not want to see him because of his lack of moral principles. Even the King, receiving the news of my son's marriage, told Nicholas in a private letter on August 4, 2017 that he was deeply saddened that Nicholas had done nothing to clarify the paternity of his alleged child, a girl of nearly two years. This shows an unacceptable lack of accountability.

At my most recent visit to Aubonne in August, my father personally confirmed to me his decision not to receive Nicholas, something my son knew. King Mihai made known, several times in writing, that the reason for his decision to withdraw Nicholas the royal title is that my son does not have the necessary qualities for a position in the Royal House of Romania.

The works of Nicholas in these days are profoundly wrong, moral and human. My son has shown contempt for Romania, its people and the principles of the Royal House. For me, as a mother, this aspect is devastating, "writes Princess Elena, in the release sent by the Royal House.



Scandalul din Casa Regală ia amploare. Principesa Elena:...
So now it is confirmed, the reason for the expulsion of Nicholas from the Royal House is the unclarified situation revolving around the child in question. Although one is clearly left to assume the child is his, because he would had otherwise done what he could easily do, prove that he is not the father by way of a simple test, it is probably best not to assume anything in this situation.

I am somewhat relieved that the Princess Elena has made a very clarifying statement in this way to remove any doubts as to the background of the situation, but I find it worrysome and questionable that this wasn't done at a much earlier stage, and in a somehow more cooperative way with Nicholas.

It seems the only way forward is to clarify the status of the child in question, so people can move on. If he has a child out of wedlock, it's not the end of the world. We all know that kings and queens have had children prior to marriage before, and currently, H.S.H Prince Albert reigns over Monaco without anyone making a fuss over his having 2 illegitimate children born prior to his marriage and subsequent heirs being born.

Life goes on, if one handles a situation and moves on. To drag it out for all to see, however ... oy vey, one is left wondering who actually handles PR for the Romanian Royal Family, and pondering what it would take for them to face up to the avoidable crisis this has caused, of which the consequences seem to drag on, and on, and on ..
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
  #1519  
Old 11-09-2017, 05:36 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 39,762
What a terribly sad family mess and all so public
  #1520  
Old 11-09-2017, 06:20 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,887
The whole situation is appalling. I can understand the need of accountability from a pretendant to a throne, but if the family is holding so dear christian traditions and "values", they should be aware of the importance of forgiveness. No matter what did Nicholas Medforth-Mills wrong. His grandfather is dying and he should be allowed to see him for the last time. The release from princess Elena is absolutely awful : how can a mother have these kind of words about her son just when her own father is about to die ? It is very undignified.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince nicolae, royal family of romania


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince of Wales - Title, Succession and Wales Jo of Palatine British Royals 96 01-19-2023 07:35 PM
Prince Nicholas (son of Ferdinand and Marie) (1903-1978) Johan The Royal Family of Romania 26 12-07-2022 05:07 AM
HSH Prince Hans-Adam II (1945- ) and the late HSH Princess Marie (1940-2021) Mandy Princely Family of Liechtenstein 158 12-04-2022 07:29 PM
Prince William's Suitability to be King CharlotteAmalia The Prince and Princess of Wales and Family 1099 12-02-2022 12:15 PM




Popular Tags
#alnahyan #alnahyanwedding #baby #princedubai #rashidmrm #wedding abolished monarchies africa bevilacqua birth british camilla home caroline christenings coat of arms crest defunct thrones empress masako espana fabio bevilacqua fallen kingdom football genealogy grace kelly grand duke henri grimaldi harry history hobbies hotel room for sale jewels king king charles king george king philippe lady pamela hicks list of rulers mall coronation day movies order of the redeemer overseas tours pamela hicks pamela mountbatten preferences prince albert monaco prince christian princeharry princess alexia princess of wales q: reputable place? queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth ii queen elizabeth ii fashion queen ena of spain royal christenings royal initials royals royal wedding scarves spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit state visit to france switzerland tiaras william wiltshire woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises