Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Prince Nicolae at the Sir Winston Churchill Future Leaders Public Debating Competition:

http://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/principele-nicolae-la-sir-winston-churchill-future-leaders-public-debating-competition/

On the 15th of February HRH Prince Nicolae will be at Peles Castle in Sinaia at the opening of the "Karel Liman – The Czech Architect of the Royal House of Romania " exhibition:

Povestea arhitectulului ceh al Casei Regale a României | REALITATEA.MOBI

http://peles.ro/karel-liman-arhitectul-ceh-al-casei-regale-romane/

Last edited by a moderator:
The prince has been pretty quiet lately in terms of his public appearances. Do we know what HRH has been up to these days?

The prince has been pretty quiet lately in terms of his public appearances. Do we know what HRH has been up to these days?

There isn't any new photos after the trip to Sweden on 9th-11th March with prince Radu. Before that Nicolae was in London with crown princess Margarita and prince Radu.

Am I the only one who has not seen this handsome picture of HRH?

Can anyone tell us what the orders are that he is wearing?ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1395589311.693793.jpg

He is wearing the grand cross insignia of the Order of the Crown and the Nihil Sine Deo medal.

Has the prince received the Order of Carol I?

Not yet I don't believe. The only members of the Royal Family with the Order of Carol I seem to be King Michael, Queen Anne, Princess Margarita, Prince Radu (all Grand Cross) and his mother Princess Elena (Grand Officer). (I've seen photos of (Prince) Paul wearing the chain of the Order of Carol I as well)

Not yet I don't believe. The only members of the Royal Family with the Order of Carol I seem to be King Michael, Queen Anne, Princess Margarita, Prince Radu (all Grand Cross) and his mother Princess Elena (Grand Officer). (I've seen photos of (Prince) Paul wearing the chain of the Order of Carol I as well)

Prince Paul? I am assuming that this is HM step-brother?

There is no Prince with this name in the Royal Family. The only Princes today are HRH Prince Radu and HRH Prince Nicolae.

Today prince Constantin Brâncoveanu, professor Avinoam Șafran, playwriter David Esrig, Bogdan Olteanu, Florin Georgescu, ambassador Philippe Gustin, Simina Mezincescu, Andrew Popper, Adrian Vasiliu, dr. Jonathan Eyal, Constanța Iorga, Irina Schrotter, ambassador Răduța Matache, Victoria McDonaugh, Lady Francesca Crocetta will receive different decorations.HRH Prince Nicolae will be present for thos occasion at Peles Castle with his aunt and uncle in the same day Prince Carol I became King:

Decorări regale și dineu la Castelul Peleș | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

http://casa-regala.blogspot.ie/2014/03/video-decorari-regale-si-dineu-la.html

Last edited:
On Friday 28th prince Nicolae attended the twentieth edition of the "Public Speaking Competition". The competition is organized by the English Speaking Union and addressed to high school students. HRH handed the diplomas to the winners for the second consecutive year. National winners will participate this summer in the international phase of the competition, which will take place in London.
Principele Nicolae la a XX-a ediţie a “Public Speaking Competition” Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania

How is HRH coming along with his Romanian studies? Is there an interview with him speaking or anything? I have noticed in the clips that I have seen posted in TRF that shows his understanding of Romanian. I also noticed that he has the same young woman traveling with him to appointments -I'm guessing she is his translator if he gets in a bind?

HRH Prince Nicolae does not need a translator because he speaks a quite fluent Romanian now.

The position of the Romanian Royal House is interesting. Like the House of Bragança in Portugal, also the Romanians seem to enjoy a semi-official standing in society. Formally both Houses play no role but informally they are often seen, in their royal capacity, with authorities.

Prince Radu is not without discussion but the Romanian family owes a lot to him. It is thanks to his unstoppable energy that there is a public awareness about the royal famly, that they have a good media visibility and their growing presence amongst the who-is-who in Romania. To quote Lord Horatio Nelson: "Let him, who has earned it, bear the palm".

HRH Prince Nicolae does not need a translator because he speaks a quite fluent Romanian now.

I figured as much, but I had never heard anything recently. Is there an audio/video out there?

Last edited:
Probably because we are in the period of Lent.

Shaving is not allowed in this time? (I´m not a Christian, so I have no idea).

Many would have this little penance/sacrifice and not shave during Lent. I do not really know if this is the case also of Prince Nicholas in this period.

Lent started weeks ago and I am not sure whether Nicolae's beard is related to Lent, but it does suit him. I like Cory's description of "little penance/sacrifice" and think I should have done something for Lent this year....I am eating more healthily and there is a chocolate rabbit waiting to be eaten on the shelf, how I have managed not to eat it already, but that could be my Lent penance I suppose.

Shaving is not allowed in this time? (I´m not a Christian, so I have no idea).

I have seen it on a few gentlemen in my orthodox Parrish, so maybe this is the case. I have never asked, and it might be a little weird to do so. Especially being that ones sacrifice during lent is sometimes a personal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom