Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your view but to set the record straight...

I present opinion based on fact and where possible, I include those facts in my posts. I may not always do so via an external link but if you'd care to review my posts, you'll find that in many cases I have directly quoted from statements made by the Royal House. It is upon these statements I have based my opinion because they come from a reputable source. I accept you disagree with this and that is your right but to say I do not provide sources or base my posts only in opinion is disingenuous.

In a post made on another thread, I asked you two questions directly relating to controversial statements you had made about Prince Radu and Nicholas. I asked for sources. You chose to ignore that post and didn't respond. In a similar way, I asked Cory for sources based on the claim he made about Nicholas being excluded from an event. He provided two external links which I read. The first attributed the story to an unnamed source in the Episcopate. The website was found to be lacking in credibility and therefore I didn't consider it a source upon which to form an opinion. So I asked Cory for a second source. He provided one. A more credible website yes but the piece referred to it's own source for it's published article as a Romanian blogger. When asked for a more credible source, Cory told me that it was just something he knew because he'd spoken to some at the event. As I'm sure you would if I made such a claim on the opposing side of the debate, I discounted that.

Again, you're being disingenuous when you say I haven't posted sources because I have. And when I misrepresented (unwittingly) a source which you questioned, I apologised and put my statement right. You chose not to respond to posts requesting sources, Cory chose to do the same when his sources amounted to nothing substantial. I'm sorry you feel that I'm being unfair in this debate and I am more than willing to provide external link sources to any of my statements you might wish to question. I'm not attempting to discredit you or Cory, neither am I saying you are wrong or not entitled to your opinion. I'm simply saying that, as yet, I have seen no reliable source that backs up the claims you made about Prince Radu, the Custodian of the Crown, King Michael, Princess Elena or Nicholas himself.

On the Glenn Close source, I appreciated you posting that and of course I have no personal experience of the Moral Rearmament group. But I have heard it referenced before by very learned people and it never struck me that it was a cult. As it drifted away from Christian inspiration (around the time Ms Close was a member I believe), perhaps it took on something a little more sinister and I was actually reading into this online when you chose to attack me in your post. I can't make a stand on the statement from Ms Close alone. I have to look at others and in fact, I was looking for the lecture given by Fulton J Sheen on the Moral Rearmament Group to put a different point of view across. Perhaps I should have waited to include that before I made my post which seems to have upset you. Again, I do apologise and hope that you'll feel free to ask me for sources in the future on any statement I make which I'd be more than happy to give. :flowers:

I suppose I don't see it as my place to ask other forum participants for sources. If I want to know something, I look into it myself. This family is not new to me, nor to many people on the forum. I have friends who have actually been friends with either dead or living members of the Romanian family. I do not feel the need to ask anonymous people what their opinions are about subjects that I have heard plenty about over the course of the years (both good things and not so good things).

If I have an opinion (and obviously I have plenty), then I provide sources that back it up. I did not respond to your request for sources to the two questions you posed because I view the exercise as futile. Whatever I post, you simply try to discredit by saying that it is hearsay or you attack the paper/publication its from or you state you do not "feel" like it could be true. I have gone back through your past posts just to make sure I am not totally incorrect in saying so.

If someone else has a contrary opinion, then I expect them to provide sources to back it up. Since this is the internet, doing so has to basically consist of either citing an excerpt from a book or a publication or an article or something similar.

Simple as that.

Last edited:
Recently Jolande Withuis published a bestseller on the life of Queen Juliana and the unavoidable Faith Healer in the 1950's of course was part of her life. The author found out how all this was part in all royal families actually. From the spiritism of "Madame Blavatsky" to the readings of Krishnamutri, to the ideas of fantasts or to concepts like Moral Rearmament. For some reason almost all Royal Houses in Europe were open for this sort of theories.

The fact that it is "common place" among some royal families, and you can hardly say it is the majority, hardly makes it *normal*.

Greet Hofmans was a PR disaster for Queen Juliana.

You’re entitled to your opinion and I respect your position. However, if someone makes a statement I expect to see a credible source. In an era of so much fake news, claims to know someone personally or statements (quite defamatory in some instances) based on hearsay or “Someone told me” can be very damaging and should be questioned.

But I accept you don’t feel that’s a correct approach and I’ll be sure not to reply to your posts in the future so as not to cause any offence. Apologies again.

The fact in the last two years we have seen this organized and vicious campaign against the King's grandson is nothing but a proof certain people realized Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills could have more and more support from the Romanians. Nobody would have bothered to organize such a campaign against a "private person". He is considered certainly by those that speak and act against him as a potential Pretender to the Throne and a symbol of continuity for the monarchists.

In an era of so much fake news, claims to know someone personally or statements (quite defamatory in some instances) based on hearsay or “Someone told me” can be very damaging and should be questioned.

Further, I live in the United States, so I am quite aware of the damage fake news can wreak. Just look at the head of my country's government. (Sorry to the Admins for getting political!)

Additionally, I never wrote "someone told me blah blah blah." I named one book that you can easily find and then gave enough information to protect the privacy of an American author while still enabling at least one forum participant (who thanked me for it) to be able to quickly discover the book that Radu plagiarised. I also gave enough details of how the American publication was plagiarised by Radu to save anyone who ends up owning both books the trouble of having to look for the blaring similarities.

Lastly, the purpose of my recounting that incident *was* to damage Radu's perfect perception by some on this board. He is not a person without immense baggage. He has made plenty of enemies along the path to where he is now. That is his problem.

King Michael’s grandson wants to be returned to the Royal Family, and for this, according to his lawyer, he will do the necessary. Nicholas will mourn for 40 days, and in 3 months will not appear in public, just like the other members of his family.
The lawyer said that those in the Royal Family made a first step towards normality, accepting Nicholas’ presence at King Michael’s funeral, after when a month ago they opposed the grandson to visit his grandfather.
In front of the crowd gathered on 14 December at the Royal Palace, Nicholas said he will return to Romania.
The images of the former prince have been around the world, being taken over by the press. British journalists wrote that Nicholas won the hearts of the Romanians and pointed out that he had come in the middle of the people with his wife, Alina Medforth Mills.
Nepotul Regelui Mihai vrea să fie reprimit în Familia Regală. Mesajul transmis de Nicolae - Stirileprotv.ro
Translation

You’re entitled to your opinion and I respect your position. However, if someone makes a statement I expect to see a credible source. In an era of so much fake news, claims to know someone personally or statements (quite defamatory in some instances) based on hearsay or “Someone told me” can be very damaging and should be questioned.

I would just quickly add that on these forums, as on many forums dedicated to specific topics, you will sometimes find that some people are connected more closely to the topics at hand; in this case, to royalty. That doesn't always allow you to explain your sources in detail when adding your voice to a debate, but it doesn't take much time reading on these forums to see if someone has a genuine and more 'knowing' way of articulating an argument or offering an explanation. You can always choose to disregard a view from a lack of sourcing or a factual base satisfactory to you, but unlike some other online sources, it's quite easy to spot the ones carrying 'fake news' on a regular basis on TRF, and those who are not.

Gosh, I can't believe one has to use that terminology, and that a certain pathetic reality celebrity turned 'world leader', has had such an impact on global conversation :( (sorry for the digression, moderators)

Back on topic: Nicholas released an interesting and respectful message through his lawyer yesterday, one can only hope it will be received in the spirit seemingly intended. What the Royal Family needs now, is calm and serenity during the period of mourning, in loving memory of a much missed man.

Last edited:
A nice gesture would have been to invite Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills for Christmas at Savarsin Castle with the rest of the Family.

Last edited:
A nice gesture would have been to invite Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills for Christmas at Savarsin Castle with the rest of the Family.

Why?

By my knowledge his mother does not live at Săvârșin. And shouldn't it be Nicholas' very own mother, herself a future head of the former Royal House, with whom he has to come on speaking terms again?

You lay the ball at the feet of Princess Margareta, the resident of Săvârșin. It should be laid at the feet of Princess Elena, Nicholas' mother.

First things first. I am sure Princess Margareta will do nothing without consulting her successor, her sister Princess Elena, Nicholas' mother.

Last edited:
All the daughters of the late King will be at Savers in for Christmas and the ownership of the castle will be according to the Law and the will of the late King.
It us certainly not Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills fault he us not very close to his own mother.

I would imagine the newly weds would rather spend Christmas together, rather than with dysfunctional family [with a capital D]...

I would imagine the newly weds would rather spend Christmas together, rather than with dysfunctional family [with a capital D]...

Dysfunctional family?
Or dysfunctional son / grandson / nephew / cousin?
We have no any idea, so I would be more restraint in giving qualifications.

Probably you are right and the young couple would be happier for Christmas in a place where there is no possibility of tension.
An invitation from the Princesses would have been though seen as a sign of reconciliation

We never saw pictures of Nicholas except at the Baptism of the Children of the Duke of Vendome. The Duc did not attend King Michael's Funeral but his Sister Baroness Chantal de S.

We never saw pictures of Nicholas except at the Baptism of the Children of the Duke of Vendome. The Duc did not attend King Michael's Funeral but his Sister Baroness Chantal de S.

Princess Chantal is the Duke of Vendome's aunt not sister.

Because to it would give some faux supporters a chance to feign outrage and stir up trouble if and when such an occasion would fall apart.

The Christmas period is particularly hard for those who are in mourning and I'd imagine that both the King's daughters and his grandson would appreciate an atmosphere of calm and peace in order to grieve.

The weeks leading up to the King's death and the flurry of media activity about the family have aggravated the situation.

A time of reflection and cooling off is necessary before deep and meaningful reconciliation can take place.

Forget the questions of monarchy, royal house and succession, from a simple human point of view, a time-out is needed, far away from the vipers, the lawyers, the "monarchists" and the media.

Let's hope the Christmas period will bring new signs of reconciliation. Nobody wins if the Family remains split.

The Christmas period is particularly hard for those who are in mourning and I'd imagine that both the King's daughters and his grandson would appreciate an atmosphere of calm and peace in order to grieve.

The weeks leading up to the King's death and the flurry of media activity about the family have aggravated the situation.

A time of reflection and cooling off is necessary before deep and meaningful reconciliation can take place.

Forget the questions of monarchy, royal house and succession, from a simple human point of view, a time-out is needed, far away from the vipers, the lawyers, the "monarchists" and the media.

Hear, hear.

The well known royalist Marilena Rotary published an opened Letter to the eldest daughter of the late King asking her to reconcile with her nephew:

The well known royalist Marilena Rotary published an opened Letter to the eldest daughter of the late King asking her to reconcile with her nephew:

https://www.flux24.ro/marilena-rotaru-scrisoare-catre-margareta-depasiti-tulburarea-cugetului/
I guess this woman wrote and published a letter about this family's personal affairs with what she viewed as her right, but I actually find it quite pushy. I find this entire matter a personal family problem and unless Marilene was personally asked her private opinion, really a bit self-important on her part. Maybe just how it came across to me and I acknowledge I could be completely wrong. Or just another country's custom on personal family matters.

Nobody probably has done so much for Monarchy as Mrs Rotaru in the last 28 years. She is the best known royalist leader. Her letter expresses the view of many royalists who consider Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills should be welcomed back by the Family.

Last edited:
Nobody probably has done so much for Monarchy as Mrs Rotaru in the last 28 years. She is the best known royalist leader. Her letter expresses the view of many royalists who consider Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills should be welcomed back by the Family.

With "friends" as Mrs Rotaru, the former royal family needs no enemies. My advice: buy lots of garlic and a big crucifix to keep that woman far away!

The enemies of the Monarchy have always opposed Mrs Rotaru. The King highly appreciated her.

I guess this woman wrote and published a letter about this family's personal affairs with what she viewed as her right, but I actually find it quite pushy. I find this entire matter a personal family problem and unless Marilene was personally asked her private opinion, really a bit self-important on her part. Maybe just how it came across to me and I acknowledge I could be completely wrong. Or just another country's custom on personal family matters.

You’re not wrong and this is not the way to promote unity. H.M the Custodian walks a narrow path here in navigating what is best for the future, and she is obviously aware if the difficulties the rift in the family creates for the unity forward. If Mrs. Rotaru was smart and not more concerned with self-promotion, this is a letter that would be sent in private, and probably then received in a very different way than an open letter, much more destructive by nature, will have been.

There is a way to do these things right, and 17 ways of doing them wrong. Certain ‘supporters’ of the monarchy, who spend most of their time and energy claiming to know better than the Royal Family themselves, and thrive on pointing out every flaw and mistake, continue to not realize that all they’re achieving with their vitriol, is to harm the very thing they claim to support.

Like the fish once said, with friends like these, who needs anemones?

You’re not wrong and this is not the way to promote unity. H.M the Custodian walks a narrow path here in navigating what is best for the future, and she is obviously aware if the difficulties the rift in the family creates for the unity forward. If Mrs. Rotaru was smart and not more concerned with self-promotion, this is a letter that would be sent in private, and probably then received in a very different way than an open letter, much more destructive by nature, will have been.

There is a way to do these things right, and 17 ways of doing them wrong. Certain ‘supporters’ of the monarchy, who spend most of their time and energy claiming to know better than the Royal Family themselves, and thrive on pointing out every flaw and mistake, continue to not realize that all they’re achieving with their vitriol, is to harm the very thing they claim to support.

Like the fish once said, with friends like these, who needs anemones?

That is exactly how I feel about these "monarchists". My grandmother always says to me: "Best intentions can start World War III."

Mrs Rotaru wrote an opened Letter about a big concern among the monarchists. The letter is respectful and certainly embraces also the spirit of Christmas speaking about reconciliation and the prayer of "Our Father".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom