Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Elizabeth Medforth-Mills, Michael Kreuger, Angelica Kreuger and Elisabeth Biarneix are never mentioned in news communications on the website of the Royal House. Only the Princesses and the (then) two Princes of the Royal House. Now Nicholas is no longer a Prince, he does not appear in news communications anymore.

Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills, Karina Medforth-Mills, and Elisabeta Biarneix have all been mentioned on the Royal household “blog” at one time or another, even as commoners. Do a simple search of romaniaregala.ro and you will find them.

The Kreuger grandchildren never attended any sort of public functions in Romania, so they have not been mentioned.

Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills, Karina Medforth-Mills, and Elisabeta Biarneix have all been mentioned on the Royal household “blog” at one time or another, even as commoners. Do a simple search of romaniaregala.ro and you will find them.

The Kreuger grandchildren never attended any sort of public functions in Romania, so they have not been mentioned.

I always thought this was a personal blog from Radu Duda and not at all the blog from the Royal House. I looked up and indeed:

Realizatorii jurnalulul regal online.
Acest jurnal online continuă consemnările zilnice
ale Principelui Radu al României, împărtășite, din
anul 2007 până în anul 2013, unui număr de 4,5
milioane de vizitatori unici ai sitului.

(Royal Online Journalist.
This online journal continues daily records
of Prince Radu of Romania, shared from
from 2007 to 2013, to 4.5 millions of unique
visitors to the site.)

So apparently, with the new -current- website of the Royal House (2013) the personal blog of Radu Duda was incorporated and transformed into a sort of official blog for the whole House instead of his personal daily do-and-do.

It is funny that the man you despises so much did something good in is life as it was during his period as the author of the blog, in which the other grandchildren of the former King were named.....

:flowers:

Nicholas has given a long press release, it is at his Facebook:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=2afcbf49c7158fc3a9e2087c8dc99d00&oe=5AAA8E9E
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1717cdad8deea0aba88879b710631d93&oe=5AA93A9F

Mediafax has the whole press release at it's website:
He says at the press release among other things:
1. My statement in August 2015, relating to the acceptance of the withdrawal of the title, it has not been signed by me. I was forced to accept it, I refused to sign it and up to this moment it is unsigned.
2. There has never been any agreement signed on my final departure from Romania and the condition of not returning. I would not have accepted an exile like that. I returned to Romania in November 2015 to resolve the situation with my alleged child.
3. The modest financial support offered by the Royal House, which I had just been excluded from, was offered to me for a few months, when I had to bring my life back to another country. Unfortunately, I realize now that I was offered this money for another reason. It was not a help of any kind, but the price of exile, silence and removal.
4. After my removal from the Royal House, the only time I had access to my grandfather was at Aubonne in 2015 on my grandfather's birthday. We talked about our common passions. He asked me, at some point, how it is in Romania and what projects I have there. At that moment, I understood that the King didn't even know that I had had to leave the country. I mention this was a private conversation between me and my grandfather, so absolutely no one, except for the two of us, can claim to know what we discussed then.
5. After I informed my aunt Margareta that I have arrived in Bucharest to solve a series of personal problems, including the situation of my alleged child, I received a very unpleasant e-mail instead where I was accused of disregarding a so-called desire of the king. Later on, I received a letter from the King, written on the computer, among which I did not recognize my grandfather at all: I was coldly told that I was banned from that moment to live or work in Romania. Knowing him well and spending many years with him I have the conviction that my grandfather, King Michael, himself at an exile, would not have asked me to leave Romania definitively.
7. In Switzerland, doctors are not allowed to disclose medical records publicly. The patient's family can. All the more so if I wanted to clarify the speculation about my grandfather's state of health and whether or not he had any involvement in my removal from the family and the Royal House. But it is probably precisely because of this that preferable rather than correct information, with palpable evidence, is only uncertainty, ambiguity and aggression.
8. My name is Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills. I think it is a proof of label, of respect for your own status - that a Royal House or a representative of the Royal House, addresses to a person in an official communiqué by correctly using his name without malicious omissions.
Nicholas Medforth-Mills, nepotul Regelui Mihai_ Acceptul retragerii titlului nu e scris de mine - Mediafax
Translation

What amazes me is the fact that he can be intimidated into leaving the country. Surely the former King or his family have not this power !

who is nicholas writing this about? he clearly has no hard feelings towards the king, and does not think it was his decision to remove him from the royal scene. who exactly are the people he refers to who are actioning all these events?

who is nicholas writing this about? he clearly has no hard feelings towards the king, and does not think it was his decision to remove him from the royal scene. who exactly are the people he refers to who are actioning all these events?

Sounds like there has been a lot of manipulation behind the scenes to deny Nicholas his rightful heritage

Can't really blame him for standing up for himself

Sounds like there has been a lot of manipulation behind the scenes to deny Nicholas his rightful heritage

Can't really blame him for standing up for himself

His rightful heritage? By right of what? Until 2007 Nicholas Medforth-Mills was no member of the former Royal House, no dynast and no successor. Only when King Michael decided to leave the Constitution of the Kingdom of Romania (on which his own kingship was vested and for which he made a solemn promise to maintain and to defend as King), his children and grandchildren were added.

With the same ease the former King removed his daughter Princess Irina from the succession because of alleged misdemeanours. With the same ease he removed his two American grandchildren from said succession, for no other reason than to be punished for their mother alleged misdemeanours.

We did not hear any protest from "Prince Nicolae" about this harsh and unfair treatment to his American cousins. Apparently he also accepted that his grandfather, for decades living in Switzerland, has the power to make, to create and to break indeed, purely by personal will and pleasure.

When HE himself came in more serious problems than his completely innocent and blame-free American cousins, he really can not have been too surprised with the consequence of the mess he made of his private life despite being a public person of which many people had expections.

Anyway, for law Nicholas has zero "rightful heritage". Any Swiss or Romanian Judge will say: "Mr Medforth-Mills, in the Confederation of Helvetica / the Republic of Romania there is no such thing as a "Prince of Romania" or a hereditary succesion to a throne. We have no jurisdiction about your so-called "rightful heritage".

who is nicholas writing this about? he clearly has no hard feelings towards the king, and does not thingk it was his decision to remove him from the royal scene. who exactly are the people he refers to who are actioning all these events?

His aunt Princess Margareta, his uncle Radu Duda, his own mother Princess Elena and so to see the rest of the family who seems united in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a mess. Nicholas is a nice looking young man who seems to work very hard but IF he was excluded from the Royal Family in Exile due to an unprotected one night stand that most likely resulted in him fathering a child, he has himself to blame. He is 31 (like me) and at that age every man should know the possible consequences of having unprotected sex. As he is a public figure, it should be even more in his interest to protect himself...

On the other hand, no one except God almighty is without sins so his family should really stop being so harsh towards him and leave the judgements to God. But Nicholas should also stop blaming everyone but himself. I mean i don't think that woman held a gun to his head and forced him to have unprotected sex ;)

I really don't see the issue. If that woman wants to take 2 paternity tests at different clinics to make sure that the result is not manipulated, then do it ! The tests will by all likelyhood come back with the same results and then this mess is solved.

Last edited:
His rightful heritage? By right of what? Until 2007 Nicholas Medforth-Mills was no member of the former Royal House, no dynast and no successor. Only when King Michael decided to leave the Constitution of the Kingdom of Romania (on which his own kingship was vested and for which he made a solemn promise to maintain and to defend as King), his children and grandchildren were added.

With the same ease the former King removed his daughter Princess Irina from the succession because of alleged misdemeanours. With the same ease he removed his two American grandchildren from said succession, for no other reason than to be punished for their mother alleged misdemeanours.

We did not hear any protest from "Prince Nicolae" about this harsh and unfair treatment to his American cousins. Apparently he also accepted that his grandfather, for decades living in Switzerland, has the power to make, to create and to break indeed, purely by personal will and pleasure.

When HE himself came in more serious problems than his completely innocent and blame-free American cousins, he really can not have been too surprised with the consequence of the mess he made of his private life despite being a public person of which many people had expections.

Anyway, for law Nicholas has zero "rightful heritage". Any Swiss or Romanian Judge will say: "Mr Medforth-Mills, in the Confederation of Helvetica / the Republic of Romania there is no such thing as a "Prince of Romania" or a hereditary succesion to a throne. We have no jurisdiction about your so-called "rightful heritage".

I apologise profusely for getting it wrong re 'his rightful heritage'

I had no idea of all the extra intrigue, how horrible

King M is a nasty one, and as for Nicholas's mother....

These sorts of posts come across as the most obvious sorts of attempts at disinformation.

King Michael told the author of "An Unfinished Reign" (French book) in the early nineties that Nicholas might one day be called to serve Romania in a royal capacity. Queen Anne was extremely supportive of the King changing the succession laws so that their daughters and grandchildren could be dynasts. You, dear Duc et Pair (or Henri M, whichever you prefer), may think otherwise - but I tend to side with what the King himself expressly stated to others before his entourage was infiltrated by an unsavoury character.

As to the legality of Nicholas' rightful heritage, if the King did not sign the 2015 decision revoking Nicholas' rank and position, or if the King was not aware of the contents of the document that he was signing, then there has not ceased to be an HRH Prince Nicholas of Romania since 2010...regardless of the wishes of Tante Margarita and her husband. [This is a matter, which, if you would like to be more accurate in your depiction of events, you might want to consult the Romanian press itself, which has certainly started carrying this narrative as a result of the events of late.]

It would have been wiser for the couple to wait until the King actually died before putting Nicholas out. Then, Margarita could claim that she was acting under her authority as Head of the Royal House per the 2007 Statutes. However, the Crown Princess and Prince Radu apparently could not wait that long, which is costing them immense support in the long term. The Romanian press would not be reigniting the issue of Radu's Securitate past if this was not the case. This issue last popped up during his ill-fated 2009 presidential campaign, which baffled most supporters in Romania of the Royal family due to one of its (non-dynastic but most visible) member's foray into partisan politics.

Fortunately for the Crown Princess and her husband, though, Prince Radu has spent many years cultivating the favour of the currently ruling political parties in Romania. His father, Dr Rene Duda, was an official in the Romanian Communist Party in Iasi, and, naturally, after the Revolution, most Communist politicians suddenly changed their stripes and adopted new political labels to allow them to attain office. In exile, King Michael constantly stuck to remaining above the political fray. However, Radu actively worked as a "special representative" of Romanian governments whose parties had actively opposed the return of King Michael to his nation in the early 1990s.

If the bill before Parliament successfully passes, then the King's grandson Nicholas will quite definitely have legal recourse to appeal what has taken place since 2015. You might want to read the legislation and understand its implications before trying to out-right dismiss the matter. You consistently remind people in this particular family's forum that they should not view the Romanians through totally Western eyes; which is actually quite wise, because doing so would allow them to consider that there might indeed be rather byzantine intrigues that have been going on surrounding the Royal House of Romania.

Last edited:
On November 2nd, Nicholas and Alina Maria visited a concert of classical music, organized by the Romanian Cultural Institute in London. The event was dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of the Romanian pianist and composer Dean Lipatti and is part of the program of the Enescu Concert Institute.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

On November 28th, Nicholas and Alina Maria visited a classical music concert in London in Cadogan Hall in honor of the National Day of Romania (December 1). This event was also organized in honor of the 100th anniversary of the birth of the Romanian pianist and composer Dean Lipatti and is part of the program of the Enescu Concert Institute. Nicholas and Alina Maria at the photo with pianist Alexandra Dariescu who performed at the concert with Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

I still cannot see nor understand what would be so scandalous about this young man´ s life, who still does engagements for Romania even if he doesn´ t have to, to strip him from his royal title and ban him from succession.....!?

I still cannot see nor understand what would be so scandalous about this young man´ s life, who still does engagements for Romania even if he doesn´ t have to, to strip him from his royal title and ban him from succession.....!?

He does no engagements for Romania. He is seen in public events as the private person (or celebbie) Nicholas Medforth-Mills. Nothing official for Romania or the former Royal House. Last week the four Princesses (including his mother) received the Corps Diplomatique -the foreign Ambassadors- in the former Royal Palace in Bucharest. That was official.

There is a byzantyne struggle under monarchists: a group (realos) which says that Romania will never become a monarchy again and that the former royal family should make the best arrangements for recognition and to develop a meaningful role for it (the camp of Michael, the four Princesses and Radu Duda). The other camp, the fundis, are fiercely against any arrangement with the Republic. They want to topple down the republican form of state and re-install the monarchy. Quite loud and fierce "monarchists" are in that camp.

Nicholas felt out of grace because of alleged private misconduct or misdemeanour, in the eyes of his family. All not too dramatic in my Western eyes but... the "monarchists" (the fundis) see in him their new hero in their quest against the "appeasement" policy by the former Royal House: with the new arrangement with the State of Romania, the former royal family de facto buries the quest for a restoration. Not de jure, but certainly de facto.

When Nicholas has been too friendly with some loud voices from the fundis (and everything is possible: Nicholas is estranged, young, foreign, can become too close to figures with an own agenda, etc.) then something can happen which is simply unacceptable for the former royal family. We have seen these fundis, the "monarchists" using Nicholas as a pawn in a campaign against Princess Margareta and Radu Duda, traitors of the monarchist cause in their eyes.

It is possible that Nicholas has -when the conflict was still small- made a few faux-pas by taking distance from Princess Margareta. Just a guess. That is unforgiveable in their eyes because for years and years they have worked so hard to agree an arrangement with the State (in the eyes of the fundis, thát is unforgiveable, treason almost).

Last edited:
These sorts of posts come across as the most obvious sorts of attempts at disinformation.

King Michael told the author of "An Unfinished Reign" (French book) in the early nineties that Nicholas might one day be called to serve Romania in a royal capacity. Queen Anne was extremely supportive of the King changing the succession laws so that their daughters and grandchildren could be dynasts. You, dear Duc et Pair (or Henri M, whichever you prefer), may think otherwise - but I tend to side with what the King himself expressly stated to others before his entourage was infiltrated by an unsavoury character.

As to the legality of Nicholas' rightful heritage, if the King did not sign the 2015 decision revoking Nicholas' rank and position, or if the King was not aware of the contents of the document that he was signing, then there has not ceased to be an HRH Prince Nicholas of Romania since 2010...regardless of the wishes of Tante Margarita and her husband. [This is a matter, which, if you would like to be more accurate in your depiction of events, you might want to consult the Romanian press itself, which has certainly started carrying this narrative as a result of the events of late.]

It would have been wiser for the couple to wait until the King actually died before putting Nicholas out. Then, Margarita could claim that she was acting under her authority as Head of the Royal House per the 2007 Statutes. However, the Crown Princess and Prince Radu apparently could not wait that long, which is costing them immense support in the long term. The Romanian press would not be reigniting the issue of Radu's Securitate past if this was not the case. This issue last popped up during his ill-fated 2009 presidential campaign, which baffled most supporters in Romania of the Royal family due to one of its (non-dynastic but most visible) member's foray into partisan politics.

Fortunately for the Crown Princess and her husband, though, Prince Radu has spent many years cultivating the favour of the currently ruling political parties in Romania. His father, Dr Rene Duda, was an official in the Romanian Communist Party in Iasi, and, naturally, after the Revolution, most Communist politicians suddenly changed their stripes and adopted new political labels to allow them to attain office. In exile, King Michael constantly stuck to remaining above the political fray. However, Radu actively worked as a "special representative" of Romanian governments whose parties had actively opposed the return of King Michael to his nation in the early 1990s.

If the bill before Parliament successfully passes, then the King's grandson Nicholas will quite definitely have legal recourse to appeal what has taken place since 2015. You might want to read the legislation and understand its implications before trying to out-right dismiss the matter. You consistently remind people in this particular family's forum that they should not view the Romanians through totally Western eyes; which is actually quite wise, because doing so would allow them to consider that there might indeed be rather byzantine intrigues that have been going on surrounding the Royal House of Romania.

I find myself in complete agreement with this very clear overview of the situation, and legal intricacies aside, whatever comes after the establishment of the Royal House as an entity in itself under the headship of the Crown Princess, the good things that would have come out of this will be, and are already to quite some degree in Romanian media, overshadowed by the clear rift in the family.
One might say that Nicholas should have accepted the decision of the King, but to then follow that with the very illogical reasoning that the King had no authority to elevate Nicholas to the rank of Prince in the first place, it becomes difficult to follow the former point to conclusion.

One could always spend time claiming to have knowledge of how the Crown Princess, Prince Radu or any other member of the Royal Family reasons around the future and what they envisage for themselves and Romania, but it seems scurrilous at best, and frankly slanderous at worst. The Royal Family, through the Crown Princess in several interviews and at public forums in the last few years has made it very, very clear that they are in Romania to serve its people in whatever capacity asked. If Romania does not wish the monarchy restored, they won't ask for it, and if they do, they are ready and willing to serve. I don't really see how those words can be construed in any other way, unless it is to serve a specific agenda that really has little to do with facts, and more to do with undermining the Royal House with Trump-ian 'truths'. To do that might be entertaining to some, but it provides neither honesty to the discussion, nor decency to the level of discourse.

Naturally anyone is free to disagree with the role of the Royal Family in Romania, and whether or not Nicholas himself should be included in its future, but as long as one contests the right of the blood Princess to succeed their father to the headship of the family when that time comes, it eludes me how the discussion around the Kings grandson can be relevant. Clearly he is neither legitimate as an heir or a person of any interest to those who believe the defunct, German constitutional arrangements of the pre-war days is still the go-to for any royal future in Romania? It therefore strikes me as odd that any threads around the Hohenzollern influences in Romania are so eerily quiet, when they ‘clearly’ should be legitimately buzzing.

Oh wait .. I guess I do know why after all.

Last edited:
The Hohenzollens, even if they really are the legitimate and rightful successors, have made it abundantly clear, they are not interested in taking over in Romania from the present Royal Family. The Hohenzollerns are totally out of the picture as far as they are concerned. I can't say that I blame them.

I wonder why the Hohenzollerns suddenly pop up again in this discussion. It has been quiet for months about them. When the former Royal House has succeed in a "deal" with the State of Romania, then the Hohenzollerns are definitely out of sight, or there must be a surprise engagement of Elizabeth Medforth-Mills with Prince Alexander of Hohenzollern (the Hereditary Prince).

When the Parliament of Romania agrees with the Bill which arranges the status of the former Royal House, then the House of Hohenzollern is history (of course the five Princesses are Hohenzollerns by birth, but okay, that aside).

He does no engagements for Romania. He is seen in public events as the private person (or celebbie) Nicholas Medforth-Mills. Nothing official for Romania or the former Royal House. Last week the four Princesses (including his mother) received the Corps Diplomatique -the foreign Ambassadors- in the former Royal Palace in Bucharest. That was official.

There is a byzantyne struggle under monarchists: a group (realos) which says that Romania will never become a monarchy again and that the former royal family should make the best arrangements for recognition and to develop a meaningful role for it (the camp of Michael, the four Princesses and Radu Duda). The other camp, the fundis, are fiercely against any arrangement with the Republic. They want to topple down the republican form of state and re-install the monarchy. Quite loud and fierce "monarchists" are in that camp.

Nicholas felt out of grace because of alleged private misconduct or misdemeanour, in the eyes of his family. All not too dramatic in my Western eyes but... the "monarchists" (the fundis) see in him their new hero in their quest against the "appeasement" policy by the former Royal House: with the new arrangement with the State of Romania, the former royal family de facto buries the quest for a restoration. Not de jure, but certainly de facto.

When Nicholas has been too friendly with some loud voices from the fundis (and everything is possible: Nicholas is estranged, young, foreign, can become too close to figures with an own agenda, etc.) then something can happen which is simply unacceptable for the former royal family. We have seen these fundis, the "monarchists" using Nicholas as a pawn in a campaign against Princess Margareta and Radu Duda, traitors of the monarchist cause in their eyes.

It is possible that Nicholas has -when the conflict was still small- made a few faux-pas by taking distance from Princess Margareta. Just a guess. That is unforgiveable in their eyes because for years and years they have worked so hard to agree an arrangement with the State (in the eyes of the fundis, thát is unforgiveable, treason almost).

I didn´t claim his appearances were "official royal engagements"! Still he´s doing "romanian-related" things where he and his finceé are obviously invited as "special guests" (sitting in the front row at an event, photo call with artists afterwards etc)!
In the first year after he was treated so disgracefully, after doing such a fine job for the RF, Nicholas hardly ever has been seen anywhere while this seems to change since a couple of months now.

I stand corrected. We will see how things will evolve now Princess Margareta, the "Custodian of the Crown" is the ultimate chief.

It is very interesting how the journalists that speak about the King'sFamily these days are not very sure how to speak about Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills. They prefer to say that he is the King's grandson avoiding possible titles or comments about recent events of the family.The royalists must be happy to see the popular grandson of the King.

Last edited:
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills has already married Alina Binder in a civil marriage:

Video Nepotul Regelui Mihai, Nicolae, s-a căsătorit în secret | Stiriletvr.ro - Site-ul de stiri al TVR

Are these reports believed to be credible? There is a quote attributed to Radu Enache, the attorney of Nicholas de Roumanie, which states more or less the same thing: that the couple have contracted a civil ceremony in the United Kingdom, and that the religious wedding will be held in 2018, as planned. However, it is strange that these reports have only emerged due to the Royal Household styling Nicholas and Alina as "domnul și doamna Nicolae de Roumanie Medforth-Mills" in the funeral program.

Nicholas simply had to notify the Royal Household about his marriage to Alina.

Last edited:
Old photos:
Nicholas and Alina Maria attended at Hospices of Hope Gala Dinner dedicated to humanitarian causes at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel in London on 18th May. Photos from Hospices of Hope Facebook.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=366dcd7b38b773db362e19030465015c&oe=5AB58CA6
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8f6f96b8f8ab9e04090541766abdf38b&oe=5AD79471
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d6d65cea3da2ba4894a950770a20e7d2&oe=5ABCA673
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c7b7a78647a84a20971d140fdfc07b44&oe=5ACDCED2
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=940e1b8786e336a5a22cd5ba58a51693&oe=5A8ACD31

Nicholas visited Centrul Hospice Casa Sperantei in Bucharest on 27th May. "Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth-Mills, grandson of King Mihai, has made us happy to visit the HOSPICE House in Bucharest. Having previous experiences in volunteering and working with children with disabilities, Nicholas delighted the children admitted to our unit through his presence, offered support for lessons, wanted to know their parents and related patients, he was interested in the conditions of accommodation and treatment and was very interested in knowing and supporting the need for palliative care in Romania. We are honored by his visit and thank him for his support!"
From Facebook of Hospice Casa Sperantei
https://www.facebook.com/HOSPICECas...73711307907/10155962257937908/?type=3&theater

On 17th September Nicholas and Alina Maria visited the Trains Exhibition in Sinaia, Romania.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...16859719.49509.100001260549263&type=3&theater

Last edited:

Why should he notify his marriage to people that excluded him?

Last edited:

Standard practices in a Royal Family. Nicholas seems content, despite the sad circumstances in which we have seen him these past few days. That's a good thing, both for him personally, and for any position he might have in the Royal Family in the times ahead.

Are these reports believed to be credible? There is a quote attributed to Radu Enache, the attorney of Nicholas de Roumanie, which states more or less the same thing: that the couple have contracted a civil ceremony in the United Kingdom, and that the religious wedding will be held in 2018, as planned. However, it is strange that these reports have only emerged due to the Royal Household styling Nicholas and Alina as "domnul și doamna Nicolae de Roumanie Medforth-Mills" in the funeral program.

It is not unusual to have the civil and the religious marriage in a different period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom