The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 03-02-2018, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
You are biting in your own tail.
The daughters of the late King Michael are no successors in your opinion.
Therefore Nicholas is no successor either.

That makes the positions of Nicholas and Cristiano exactly the same:

- Cristiano is no successor to the former royal throne of Portugal
- Nicholas is no succcessor to the former royal throne of Romania
To be a member of the King's Family is very important even without dynastic rights. Republicans don't understand such things.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-02-2018, 03:27 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
To be a member of the King's Family is very important even without dynastic rights. Republicans don't understand such things.
It's important to those in it, but why it should be important to those who spend their energy denying their rights and position, is beyond me.
__________________

__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-02-2018, 03:36 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Ah, i'm not the only one....

I sometimes get the feeling i'm seeing reruns though
Me too Grab a cup of tea and sit back and relax whilst you're at it!
I must say though, these same old discussions that are going round in spirals are getting quite exhausting to read from the point of view of someone who aims to use these threads to gain more knowledge on the topic. Couldn't those who wish to consistently talk about the same opinions do so via PM?
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
In his last interview in Romanian to the magazine "Formula AS", Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills said he did his best to clarify the claims regarding paternity but his proposals were not really accepted. He can't do probably more than that.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-19-2018, 03:41 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 8,651
If the mother of his alleged child has clear conscience, she shouldn't refuse to do a genetic test.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
If the mother of his alleged child has clear conscience, she shouldn't refuse to do a genetic test.
Biri, in the interests of fairness, Nicholas refused the proposals of the child's mother, so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Nicholas only tells his side of the story.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-19-2018, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
Biri, in the interests of fairness, Nicholas refused the proposals of the child's mother, so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Nicholas only tells his side of the story.
He did not refuse to have an ADN test at all and he is the only one who wants to clarify this story.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 280
I reiterate: He refused the proposals of the child's mother.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Alina Maria and princess Elia at the Musée & Jardins Van Buuren in Brussels. Photos from Alina Maria's Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

EDIT: Alina Maria changed today her name at her Instagram and Facebook from Alina Maria Binder to Alina Maria de Roumanie.
Her husband's surname is Medforth-Mills or De Roumanie Medforth-Mills. He is no Prince of Romania anymore. If Alina is wise, I would act more careful with assumed surnames c.q. territorial designations.

Her husband should stress organisators that he is not HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania. Not only is he disobeying his late grandfather's wishes, he is also provocative towards the Royal House with allowing the use of this style and... when, once, he is Chef, his wishes can equally be ignored by members of his House, as he himself has given the best example. One reaps what one has sown.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,116
I applaud Alina-Maria for finally dropping her maiden name! Great choice!

Seeing the photos from may, 10th I get the impression the young couple wants to install a rivalry second "court" besides Margharitas...!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-11-2018, 05:53 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,879
and his Mother who is seen in public actually.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Her husband's surname is Medforth-Mills or De Roumanie Medforth-Mills. He is no Prince of Romania anymore. If Alina is wise, I would act more careful with assumed surnames c.q. territorial designations.

Her husband should stress organisators that he is not HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania. Not only is he disobeying his late grandfather's wishes, he is also provocative towards the Royal House with allowing the use of this style and... when, once, he is Chef, his wishes can equally be ignored by members of his House, as he himself has given the best example. One reaps what one has sown.
Crown Prince Leka of the Albanians titled the couple as Nicholas and Alina of Romania ("de Roumanie"). This was actually the preferred surname of Princess Helen's children after her divorce...if one would read recent genealogical books by authors who were in contact with the Romanian Royal Family then one would be cognisant of this fact. So, Princess Helen's son is merely following her lead, which was presumably also supported by her father, King Michael.

Nicholas has been received by other family members as HRH Prince Nicholas of Romania. Not all of them would appear to recognise the actions of HM Margareta and HRH Prince Radu in this affair.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-12-2018, 05:56 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Crown Prince Leka of the Albanians titled the couple as Nicholas and Alina of Romania ("de Roumanie"). This was actually the preferred surname of Princess Helen's children after her divorce...if one would read recent genealogical books by authors who were in contact with the Romanian Royal Family then one would be cognisant of this fact. So, Princess Helen's son is merely following her lead, which was presumably also supported by her father, King Michael.

Nicholas has been received by other family members as HRH Prince Nicholas of Romania. Not all of them would appear to recognise the actions of HM Margareta and HRH Prince Radu in this affair.
My advice to Nicholas would be: do nothing provocative, do not set up a rival court, show a spotless parcours, show that aunt Margareta can have all trust in him and reinstate all what his grandfather took off him. But apparently you have another idea about that. No problem. Not my advice, but everyone is his/her own (best or poor) adviser.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
My advice to Nicholas would be: do nothing provocative, do not set up a rival court, show a spotless parcours, show that aunt Margareta can have all trust in him and reinstate all what his grandfather took off him. But apparently you have another idea about that. No problem. Not my advice, but everyone is his/her own (best or poor) adviser.
Aunt Margareta will not reinstate Nicholas in his position. It is impossible to tell what must happen for her to do do.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-13-2018, 06:56 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Aunt Margareta will not reinstate Nicholas in his position. It is impossible to tell what must happen for her to do do.
How do you know that his aunt (or her successor, Nicholas' mother) will not reinstate him?
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 08-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Debbies's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 203
..a few questions...

It has taken a couple of weeks for me to go through this thread and the previous one and a few questions pop up to my mind, with all respect to everyone, including the subject of this topic:

1) Budget: Nicholas De Roumanie and his wife's travels, activities, participation to events cost money I suppose. Where do these resources come from?
I remember NDR's public statements after being removed from the Royal House mentioning a small salary given to support his move and setup of a new life out of Romania.
He wrote that such small salary was cancelled at some point and that his relationship with his family is not as good. I understand that he used to work for a living. His shall be a high salary and part-time (or remote?) job to allow him and his wife carry out all the above.
Which job is that? Does his wife work? Did he inherit from any deceased family member? Or does he have a sponsor and, if so, who?

2) If the couple moves to Romania, what are they going to do for a living? Is it easy to find a well paid and time-flexible job in Romania? I have never been there.

3) Civil marriage in UK to be followed by religious marriage in Romania: does the couple live together in the meantime? What is the position of the Orthodox Church on this subject? Is it accepted? A Royal Family is involved, after all….


I would be grateful for your thoughts
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
It has taken a couple of weeks for me to go through this thread and the previous one and a few questions pop up to my mind, with all respect to everyone, including the subject of this topic:

1) Budget: Nicholas De Roumanie and his wife's travels, activities, participation to events cost money I suppose. Where do these resources come from?
I remember NDR's public statements after being removed from the Royal House mentioning a small salary given to support his move and setup of a new life out of Romania.
He wrote that such small salary was cancelled at some point and that his relationship with his family is not as good. I understand that he used to work for a living. His shall be a high salary and part-time (or remote?) job to allow him and his wife carry out all the above.
Which job is that? Does his wife work? Did he inherit from any deceased family member? Or does he have a sponsor and, if so, who?

2) If the couple moves to Romania, what are they going to do for a living? Is it easy to find a well paid and time-flexible job in Romania? I have never been there.

3) Civil marriage in UK to be followed by religious marriage in Romania: does the couple live together in the meantime? What is the position of the Orthodox Church on this subject? Is it accepted? A Royal Family is involved, after all….


I would be grateful for your thoughts
1) No idea. Only the couple would know that. Nicholas did receive an inheritance from his father. Plus, he has formed many contacts over the years, throughout Europe.

2) Nicholas and Alina already reside in Bucharest.

3) The couple have been invited many times to religious services in Orthodox churches throughout Romania since their civil marriage.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-03-2018, 12:51 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Crown Prince Leka of the Albanians titled the couple as Nicholas and Alina of Romania ("de Roumanie"). This was actually the preferred surname of Princess Helen's children after her divorce...if one would read recent genealogical books by authors who were in contact with the Romanian Royal Family then one would be cognisant of this fact. So, Princess Helen's son is merely following her lead, which was presumably also supported by her father, King Michael.

Nicholas has been received by other family members as HRH Prince Nicholas of Romania. Not all of them would appear to recognise the actions of HM Margareta and HRH Prince Radu in this affair.

I really think one needs to be a little more fair when it comes to the issue of titles and surnames, and not be so precious about it. Nicholas has, as Benjamin says, long preferred the surname (and geographical indication therein) of de Roumanie over his fathers surname Medforth-Mills, and for him to use it onwards, should not be held against him as someone aiming above their current station. Whether or not he is an heir to the currently defunct Romanian throne, he is now the most senior male relative of the late King and a full member of the Romanian Royal Family. If anyone should use the de Roumanie name, it would naturally be members of the RRF.



Often times, frankly almost always, he is referred to in Romanian broadcasts and at functions, as prince Nicholas still. As the title was withdrawn by the King in 2015, this is technically wrong, but seeing as American presidents (and of course, many, many others:) ) still refer to Queen Elizabeth II as Queen of England and believe it to be correct, I suppose one can see where sometimes things go wrong. I don't think it's fair to expect Nicholas to go around and correct everyone all the time, and draw attention to a decision the late King made without ever being able to explain it in a way most people could understand. Instead, one moves on.
Nicholas himself doesn't use the princely title, and so he behaves correctly and in accordance with his grandfathers wish.

I really don't think the Custodian or any other member spends any energy feeling irritation or frustration over what title Nicholas is given by a news report, and I certainly hope they see all positive attention towards him or any other member of the RRF as a plus for the family as a whole, and the cause of monarchy itself.
Clearly the Custodian knows that at some point the family will have to set out a line of succession that look beyond the current generation of 5 sisters, and that the most likely option in the next family line, is Nicholas. There is however, no rush to establish this, but the focus should continue to be on building up the profile of the family, and hopefully, steadily, find a way to reconcile, step by step, and show all Romanians that the monarchy will again be a far better solution for them than the semi-republican-monarchical hybrid they see today.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Debbies's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 203
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRohan View Post
I don't think it's fair to expect Nicholas to go around and correct everyone all the time, and draw attention to a decision the late King made without ever being able to explain it in a way most people could understand. Instead, one moves on.
Nicholas himself doesn't use the princely title, and so he behaves correctly and in accordance with his grandfathers wish.

I really don't think the Custodian or any other member spends any energy feeling irritation or frustration over what title Nicholas is given by a news report, and I certainly hope they see all positive attention towards him or any other member of the RRF as a plus for the family as a whole, and the cause of monarchy itself.

Can anyone confirm if the Facebook profile as per below is Nicolae's official and right one?
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealromaniei/

In his bio on FB he does not mention having lost his position in the RF.
If this profile is his actual one, he has chosen to present himself publicly as an heir to the Romanian throne. His choice, not others'...

"..... On 30 December 2007 Nicholas' maternal grandfather, King Michael of Romania, announced for Nicholas, the title Prince of Romania with the style of "Royal Highness", which came into effect on Nicholas' 25th birthday, 1 April 2010. By virtue of his new title, he has become a member of the Romanian Royal Family.
On the same occasion, King Michael, citing EU legislation and the values of the Romanian society, signed a new Statute of the Royal House, called Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania, apparently to entail his heritage and that of his predecessors, and also in an attempt to replace the 1884 Statute. By this new statute, there is a new line of succession to the defunct throne of Romania, in which Nicholas is in the third place, after his aunt and mother. Whilst otherwise, according to the last democratically enacted royal Constitution of Romania, dated 1923, which was based on Salic law, Nicholas would be barred from the throne. On the same occasion, King Michael also asked the Romanian Parliament that, should it consider restoring the monarchy, it should also abolish the salic law of succession.
According to the new Statute, Nicholas became a member of the Royal Family, part of the broader Royal House, on 1 April 2010. He is a dynast and a member of the Romanian Royal House. As Nicholas' aunt, Crown Princess Margareta of Romania is childless, it is most likely that upon the deaths of his grandfather, aunt, and mother, Nicholas would succeed as the future Head of the Romanian Royal House.
According to designations of King Michael, the Headship of the Royal House entails governance over the foundations of the family, tenure of the estates and residences of the House, as well as sovereignty over the House orders of chivalry, among other things.
As a descendant of the Electress Sophia of Hanover, he is also 90th in the line of succession to the British Throne.
On 29 February 2008, Nicholas Medforth-Mills declared in an interview with the Romanian daily newspaper Cotidianul that if the Romanian people asked him to become a King, he wouldn't refuse."
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Facebook profile as per below is Nicolae's official and right one?
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealromaniei/
Yes, that is Nicholas' public Facebook profile. It was originally created when he joined the royal family. He has been able to maintain control of it - even though one imagines it was initially created by someone in the family's office.

Like other members of the royal family, he also has a private Facebook account. Much like his aunt, Mia, who used to have her own separate public account [...it has since been merged with the Royal Family's umbrella account], as well as her private one.
__________________

__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events (Jan 2018 -Current) Marengo The Royal Family of Romania 580 Yesterday 10:59 AM
Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills USCtrojan The Royal Family of Romania 159 01-17-2018 10:46 AM
Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania) ally_cooper The Royal Family of Romania 1991 01-17-2018 04:51 AM




Popular Tags
aristocracy armenia bangladesh belgian royal belgian royal family charles of wales chittagong crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife cyprus danish royalty denmark diana princess of wales duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex dutch royal family dutch royals french revolution future genealogy germany haakon vii hill history house of bernadotte house of grimaldi israel jumma kent kiko king salman lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing meghan markle monaco christening monarchist monogram mountbatten naples netflix nobel prize norway history official visit pakistan popularity potential areas prince charles prince daniel princely family of monaco princess margaret pronunciation queen maud queen paola rania of jordan rown royal children south korea spain state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish history thailand tracts united kingdom unsubscribe visit from sweden working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×