Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills: Discussion, Succession, Paternity Claims

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or because of not taking his paternal responsibilities? Remains a guess.

He insisted on a paternity test, which is reasonable . After the test came back positive, he says he took legal responsibility for the child. I can't see how he can be deemed to be at fault in this matter then.

He insisted on a paternity test, which is reasonable . After the test came back positive, he says he took legal responsibility for the child. I can't see how he can be deemed to be at fault in this matter then.

King Michael probably wanted Nicholas, who was never a successor, and only became one after his intervention, to run a spotless and exemplaric parcours. When Nicholas apparently had intercourse with a fling and it had a consequence (never heard about contraception, I assume), probably the King was desillusioned and disappointed in his grandson.

And with the very same "right" he created his grandson a successor and a prince, with the same "right" he took it away from him. Resulting in most amusing reactions of posters arguing the King had no right to strip him, but at the same time did not say the King had no right to create him in the first place...

:whistling:

Now it will be up to his aunt Princess Margareta and his mother Princess Elena to see if Nicholas will be back in grace and favour. And we will see how Karina and Élisabeth will react when the gates of Elisabeta Palace, the Royal Palace, Savarsin Castle and Peles Castle swing open for them. Power and prestige are deceiving. Especially when it is within reach.

My advice would be to boast less about commercial parties who sponsored his wedding and avoid poisonous complottantes like Ms Rotariu and the likes (who run an anti-Margareta agenda) like the Plague. He needs his aunt or his mother. He has the key to make a come back. I wish him sound advisers and no complotters.

Last edited:
Nicholas has long claimed that it wasn't he who refused the paternity test. I'd say what we have here is a mix of his grandfather's religious background after loosing the throne and the Lambrino story in addition to the expectations on behaviour that the very old King had on his grandson.

Then there's also the rumours about King Michael having nothing to do with the decision to demote Nicholas...

I wonder why he posted this now? I assume this was settled in private a long time ago.

It seems he came up with excuses for about 3 1/2 years. Presenting it as 'because I persisted' seems a far strectch. Nd only now is he taking some responsibilty after he denied it for about 4 years.

This might have already been asked but if Nicholas has recognised Irina Anna's paternity, does that mean she will be eligible for a royal (even if former) title and chance to inherit the defunct throne? I don't know how the Romanian RF did/does things but we've seen in British monarchial history that illegitimate children recognised by their royal fathers have gained noble titles and or succession places.

It is nice to learn that the paternity situation has come to a conclusion.

This might have already been asked but if Nicholas has recognised Irina Anna's paternity, does that mean she will be eligible for a royal (even if former) title and chance to inherit the defunct throne? I don't know how the Romanian RF did/does things but we've seen in British monarchial history that illegitimate children recognised by their royal fathers have gained noble titles and or succession places.

Romania is a Orthodox country and of course the head of the royal dynasty had to approve a marriage. Nicolas' child was not born in a marriage at all. And since a few years the father has no royal status anymore. Most likely the child will have pretty normal everyday life.

It seems he came up with excuses for about 3 1/2 years. Presenting it as 'because I persisted' seems a far strectch. Nd only now is he taking some responsibilty after he denied it for about 4 years.

Both Nicholas and Nicoleta had expressed a public desire for there to be a paternity test since Iris was born. The issue was that they each desired that the test take place at different facilities. IIRC, Nicholas wanted the test to be done at a hospital in Bucharest, while Nicoleta wanted there to be two tests (one in Bucharest, and one in Brasov, IIRC).

Overall, it is good that the parents of Iris Anna have come to an agreement. I suspect that Alina, Nicholas' wife, was also instrumental in this. She is a strong young woman who has equally strong values. Alina and Nicholas complement one another exceedingly well.

http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2016/09/a-dna-test-coming-for-nicholas-de.html

Can Nicolae be reinstated as a Prince by his mom or it does not matter? Thanks

:previous:My understanding is that his aunt Margarita would be the only one who could reinstate him as she's HM the Custodian of the Crown.

There was also discussion/supposition/rumours at the time that she was part of the decision to take him out of the line of succession in the first place for whatever the reason actually was.

If his mother ever becomes Custodian she might be able to but we don't know if she would want to either. Theoretically his sister is next in line but has shown little public interest in the semi official role they have now.

:previous:My understanding is that his aunt Margarita would be the only one who could reinstate him as she's HM the Custodian of the Crown.

Or his mother Princess Elena, who is the successor to Princess Margareta. Note that Nicholas is not on speaking terms with his mother. As long as her nephew Nicholas is in a feud with her sister Princess Elena, it is unlikely Princess Margareta will do anything. So for Nicholas, the key to an eventual rehabilitation is to reconcile with his mother.

Last edited:
There was also discussion/supposition/rumours at the time that she was part of the decision to take him out of the line of succession in the first place for whatever the reason actually was.

If his mother ever becomes Custodian she might be able to but we don't know if she would want to either. Theoretically his sister is next in line but has shown little public interest in the semi official role they have now.

Princess Elena is regularly seen, together with her husband Alexander Philips Nixon McAteer, who seems to have a prominent role behind the screens. At ceremonies held on Elisabeta Palace, so now and then the couple can be seen seated sideways.

Who will be Princess Margareta's successor at the head of the Romanian royal house?

EXCLUSIVE Shocking: Princess Margareta and Radu Duda drag Prince Nicolae, King Mihai's grandson, through the court! Behind the scenes of miserable accusations that do no good to the Royal House
More than two years after the death of His Majesty King Mihai, Princess Margareta and Radu Duda continue to settle accounts with Prince Nicolae, in a manner that does not honor the Royal House of Romania. Specifically, according to sources Podul.ro, at the end of last week took place in Switzerland, a incredible lawsuit initiated by Margareta and Duda against prince Nicolae, after the death of King Mihai. The pretext is downright hallucinating: Margareta and Duda accused Nicolae of trespassing (in Aubonne) simply because he wanted to see his grandfather before his death. According to Podul.ro sources, the former actor Radu Duda is the one who personally dealt with the attorneys' fees and the process. The same sources said that the nuns detached from Aubonne to take care of King Mihai withdrew their statements.
EXCLUSIV Șocant_ Principesa Margareta și Radu Duda îl târăsc prin tribunale pe Principele Nicolae, nepotul Regelui Mihai! Culisele unor acuzații mizerabile care nu fac deloc cinste Casei Regale

What is she trying to proof?! Insisting to see ones grandfather is a reason to be sued...?!

I don't understand it either. I think Nicolae just wanted to see your grandfather. I don't understand why they are suing you. These stories are not good for the royal house.

I am not sure what they want to sue him for? Assault? Why now?

Not a good look for Her Majesty Margaretha. Forgiveness would be a more compelling virtue instead of a petty spectacle like this.

I assume HM only wanted to ensure her own position and does not care one iota for the future, as she is at present without an heir in the next generation and the former Prince is the only viable option at this point in time.

Last edited:
Wow what an odd thing to do. Tensions were high and of course it did get slightly out of hand at the time but it was all over wanting to see a dying grandfather so it seems somewhat OTT to sue. It doesn't look good on Margaretha or Radu, it seems they are trying to make a much bigger issue out of it and to be honest makes them look vengeful and petty. Maybe they are worried Nicolae is more popular/has more support than them.

If the late KIng did not want to see his Grandson anymore , he has to respect this.
But the way Her Majesty and her Actor Prince are acting is absolutely not nice.

I’m sure there is more to this story that we don’t know about. But i just can’t understand how a mother can Cut off the contact with her own child. A mother with feelings inside her would never do that, even in tough periods when you are not on good terms with your child. Where is the love? Is there even something called love in that family ?

Like the post above me i agree that Nicolae must accept if it was his grandfathers wish to not see him even if it understandably hurted him deeply. King Michael was heartbroken over his one night stand child. But the way his Wannabe-Queen to aunt, her actor husband from hell and his mother with ice in her veins (to quote the Duke of windsor) is treating him is in absolutely no way worthy of Royals.

Last edited:
I don't understand it either. I think Nicolae just wanted to see your grandfather. I don't understand why they are suing you. These stories are not good for the royal house.

Old news. It was about enforcing a private property with violent behaviour by Nicholas Medfieth Mills. His mother, Princess Elena, laid down a legal complaint against her son. It was reported back then but, as we all know, legal procedures take time and so it is on the roll now.

See: https://apnews.com/c99224c384c04816...pat-rips-through-Romania's-proud-royal-family

I’m sure there is more to this story that we don’t know about. But i just can’t understand how a mother can Cut off the contact with her own child. A mother with feelings inside her would never do that, even in tough periods when you are not on good terms with your child. Where is the love? Is there even something called love in that family ?

Like the post above me i agree that Nicolae must accept if it was his grandfathers wish to not see him even if it understandably hurted him deeply. King Michael was heartbroken over his one night stand child. But the way his Wannabe-Queen to aunt, her actor husband from hell and his mother with ice in her veins (to quote the Duke of windsor) is treating him is in absolutely no way worthy of Royals.

Nicholas with physically and verbally aggressive behaviour against three members of staff at his grandfather's house (conform the legal complaint laid down at Aubonne Police by the staff involved plus intrusion in private property conform complaint by his mother) is conveniently not mentioned in your post.

Last edited:
Nicholas with physically and verbally aggressive behaviour against three members of staff at his grandfather's house (conform the legal complaint laid down at Aubonne Police) is conveniently not mentioned in your post.

Thank you. I had forgot about that.

But that’s what i mean when i say that he must accept if it was his grandfather’s wish to not see him.

Had Nicholas been on good terms with his grandfather or his mother, there is no way he would have been denied entrance to his grandfathers house to bid a last farewell. Normal families wouldn’t do that. But this family can hardly be called normal in any form or way...

Last edited:
If the late KIng did not want to see his Grandson anymore , he has to respect this.
But the way Her Majesty and her Actor Prince are acting is absolutely not nice.

Correction: it is neither Princess Margareta nor Prince Radu. They have never said ONE word about it in public. It is Nicholas' very own mother Princess Elena blaming her very own flesh and blood:
"My son has shown contempt for Romania, her people and the principles of the Royal House. For me, his mother, this behavior is devastating".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom