The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 03-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,941
In a monarchy these arguments are useless. One is a successor or one is not. Otherwise you can start a campaign to make Harry and Meghan the next King and Queen because Charles is too old and William is too dull.

You affiche yourself as a legitimist and a monarchist. But you are advocating a non-legitimate person (as you support the legitimist successors) and you are advocating against the monarchal system by bypassing two fully royalborn daughters, born from a King of Romania, Prince of Hohenzollern and a Princess de Bourbon de Parme.

It is just desilusional. And you know that very well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In a monarchy these arguments are useless. One is a successor or one is not. Otherwise you can start a campaign to make Harry and Meghan the next King and Queen because Charles is tooold and William is too dull.

You affiche yourself as a legitimist and a monarchist. But you are advocating a non-legitimate person (as you support the legitimist successors) and you are advocating against the monarchal system by bypassing two fully royalborn daughters, born from a King of Romania, Prince of Hohenzollern and a Princess de Bourbon de Parme.

It is just desilusional. And you know that very well.
I am supporting the restoration of Monarchy. Full stop.
If this restoration won't happen with the Hohenzollerns there will be the need of a new Dynasty and Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills can start a new one. This does not mean I recognize any dynastic rights to any descendants of the King.
People that support republic are suddenly very preocuppied of who could inherit the dynastic rights. Ridiculous.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-01-2018, 08:14 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I am supporting the restoration of Monarchy. Full stop.
If this restoration won't happen with the Hohenzollerns there will be the need of a new Dynasty and Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills can start a new one. This does not mean I recognize any dynastic rights to any descendants of the King.
People that support republic are suddenly very preocuppied of who could inherit the dynastic rights. Ridiculous.
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills is not under any scenario a representative of a new dynasty, no matter how much one says so. As a grandson of the King, he is a member of the current Royal Family, and will be, as sovereign, a continuation of the current dynasty. Why so much energy is spent on the tedious campaign against the Custodian of the Crown, is beyond me, when everyone knows that there needs to be an heir following her, and that the only realistic one at this stage, is Nicholas.

There's no need to sow more discontent. Try contributing positively to the cause you claim to support instead, the monarchy needs it, to be able to return.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRohan View Post
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills is not under any scenario a representative of a new dynasty, no matter how much one says so. As a grandson of the King, he is a member of the current Royal Family, and will be, as sovereign, a continuation of the current dynasty. Why so much energy is spent on the tedious campaign against the Custodian of the Crown, is beyond me, when everyone knows that there needs to be an heir following her, and that the only realistic one at this stage, is Nicholas.

There's no need to sow more discontent. Try contributing positively to the cause you claim to support instead, the monarchy needs it, to be able to return.
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills is a member of the King's Family which is different.
Who was the one who did not want Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills to continue the work of the Family in Romania?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-01-2018, 08:57 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills is a member of the King's Family which is different.
Who was the one who did not want Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills to continue the work of the Family in Romania?
That would be you, who advocated the Hohenzollerns, and denied any hereditary rights of any member of the Royal Family after the King.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Who invented the story in 2015 against Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills?Who supported the strange idea the King was against his grandson?Who forbid Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills to see his grandfather?Who did not let Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills to accompany his deceased grandfather in the Royal Train to Curtea de Arges?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:40 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
I'm glad you found someone in the Royal Family to support. It's a shame it's being done to attack someone else in the same family, and not to work towards the shared goal the Royal Family and the supporters of the monarchy share, a restoration.
Then again, as long as they're all illegitimate in your eyes, what does it matter?
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
I suppose the injustices made against Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills in the last 3 years are appaling.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:37 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Everyone makes mistakes, and it’s time to move on and work towards the common goal all supporters of the Royal Family share,a meaningful future for the royal dynasty in Romania.
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-02-2018, 03:03 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,941
I agree with LadyRohan: the only way to get the supposed "dream candidate" Nicholas on a possible Romanian throne is exactly to fight for the positions of his aunt Princess Margareta and his mother Princess Helena. Nicholas can possibly become their successor. When someone undermines these two ladies, there is nothing left to succeed at all...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-02-2018, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills is important not to be seen as a " continuity" of his aunt because she is considered as not working for the restoration of Monarchy.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-02-2018, 05:48 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 21,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
she is considered as not working for the restoration of Monarchy.
By whom? How many people feel that way?
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-02-2018, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
By whom? How many people feel that way?
Certainly the monarchists ( the real ones). The others do not care anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-02-2018, 06:27 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,877
How many are the real ones ? 5 % of the Romanians ??
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-02-2018, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
How many are the real ones ? 5 % of the Romanians ??
Around 30% of the population are in favour of Monarchy. Those really involved in the royalists Associations are less.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-02-2018, 07:31 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills is important not to be seen as a " continuity" of his aunt because she is considered as not working for the restoration of Monarchy.
I find this pretty insulting for a lady who, as no one else in the royal family, has put all her zest in giving a meaningful role for the former royal family.

30% monarchist means 70% no monarchists. Princess Margareta knows her statistics and understands reality. It is not so difficult: there is NO majority and NO zest to topple the democracy for a hereditary monarchy. Simple enough.

What if Princess Margareta decides to create her nephew Nicholas Prince of Romania again and makes a successor again? Will you then come here to claim that Princess Margareta has no right to do that?????
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I find this pretty insulting for a lady who, as no one else in the royal family, has put all her zest in giving a meaningful role for the former royal family.

30% monarchist means 70% no monarchists. Princess Margareta knows her statistics and understands reality. It is not so difficult: there is NO majority and NO zest to topple the democracy for a hereditary monarchy. Simple enough.

What if Princess Margareta decides to create her nephew Nicholas Prince of Romania again and makes a successor again? Will you then come here to claim that Princess Margareta has no right to do that?????
1.Constitutional Monarchy is a form of democracy.
2. Those supporting the republic are less than 50% and many are not convinced.
3. Promoting the interests of the republic is not according to royal tradition.
4. Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills is seen by many as the one who continues his grandfathers ideals.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 279
Recent exchanges have confirmed what has been evident for quite some time. The disputes about the succession are not based on principles; it's all just sordid politics. A mafia of pseudo-monarchists led by a handful of journalists with an axe to grind (because the Royal House will not do their bidding or adopt the strategy that they believe in) are trying to hijack the monarchist movement and are hell-bent on discrediting Margareta and any who support her because her success means their loss of influence. They will promote anyone as an alternative to achieve their ends. Nicholas is the current sacrificial lamb in this campaign - until he understands that they are using him as a means of attacking his family, and that they are a main cause of the problems he has in his relationship with his entire birth family. They cannot give him the crown because they have no real power and certainly zero moral authority. They are certainly doomed to failure.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
Recent exchanges have confirmed what has been evident for quite some time. The disputes about the succession are not based on principles; it's all just sordid politics. A mafia of pseudo-monarchists led by a handful of journalists with an axe to grind (because the Royal House will not do their bidding or adopt the strategy that they believe in) are trying to hijack the monarchist movement and are hell-bent on discrediting Margareta and any who support her because her success means their loss of influence. They will promote anyone as an alternative to achieve their ends. Nicholas is the current sacrificial lamb in this campaign - until he understands that they are using him as a means of attacking his family, and that they are a main cause of the problems he has in his relationship with his entire birth family. They cannot give him the crown because they have no real power and certainly zero moral authority. They are certainly doomed to failure.
Offending the monarchists that made so many sacrifices for the cause in the last 28 years is really sad not to say shameful. The only ones that try to bring back the Monarchy are offended only because they do not agree to accept the republican compromises made on behalf " of the Royal house".
The disputes about Succession are based on principles something certain people can't accept at all. Accepting invented titles is more comfortable for people that ignore the Romanian royal tradition.
Nicholas was sacrificed by some of his own family
(certainly not by the King) not certainly by the monarchists.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-02-2018, 09:26 AM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Offending the monarchists that made so many sacrifices for the cause in the last 28 years is really sad not to say shameful. The only ones that try to bring back the Monarchy are offended only because they do not agree to accept the republican compromises made on behalf " of the Royal house".
The disputes about Succession are based on principles something certain people can't accept at all. Accepting invented titles is more comfortable for people that ignore the Romanian royal tradition.
Nicholas was sacrificed by some of his own family
(certainly not by the King) not certainly by the monarchists.
You keep putting monarchist and journalists ahead of those this is actually about; the Royal Family. This is always doomed to fail when so much energy is spent on trying to elevate a monarchist as ‘the righteous one’, and the actual dynasts and successors as infidels and interlopers.
Andy is absolutely correct. You and others have found it practical recently, because nothing else has worked, to hitch your agenda onto Nicholas, and try to use him as a tool in your campaign against the one lady working for the monarchy and Royal Family tirelessly, Margareta, who the King entrusted with the future of the dynasty.

It’s just a transparent continuation of the undermining of the House of Romania that has been going on, and the only sad part about it is that you and those that do it, do not see that it can lead to absolutely no good. There will never again be a throne to ascend in Romania if Margareta fails in her efforts, and with Nicholas as her natural successor, time would easily take care of this situation, if they were given the support of everyone who claims to be behind the greater cause.
If the question of restoration and a change to monarchy is on the agenda, let’s say five years from now, the Royal Family might decide themselves, alongside politicians, that the right thing to do is to start with the next generation. That will however, not happen, if a campaign to damage the head of the Royal Family continues.

It can only happen when cooler and reasonable heads prevail, and the faux monarchists are doing nothing to make that happen at the moment.
__________________

__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events (Jan 2018 -Current) Marengo The Royal Family of Romania 579 Yesterday 12:48 PM
Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills USCtrojan The Royal Family of Romania 159 01-17-2018 10:46 AM
Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania) ally_cooper The Royal Family of Romania 1991 01-17-2018 04:51 AM




Popular Tags
alqasimi archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy belgian royal family birthday celebration castles chittagong cht clarence house countess of snowdon cover-up crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria crusades current events cypher danish history denmark duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch dutch history dutch royal family family search felipe vi future germany hamdan bin mohammed henry v hill historical drama house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha jerusalem jumma languages lithuanian castles mail marriage mbs mohammed vi monaco royal monarchism nobel 2019 norway norwegian royal family official visit palaces palestine prince charles prince harry prince of wales qe2 romanov family royal tour settings shakespeare spanish royal startling new evidence state visit sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty tracts trump united kingdom usa


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×