Old 07-10-2020, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae still working for Via Transilvanica, yesterday in Saschiz
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbww_4AJ-N/

And in Lupeni in Harghita.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbe1XFpscu/

Old 07-11-2020, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tibi Uşeriu and former Prince Nicolae brought to Sighișoara the kilometer landmarks that will mark the Via Transilvanica route
The triple winner of the Yukon Arctic Ultra ultramarathon, Tibi Uşeriu, and former Prince Nicolae of Romania work with volunteers involved in building and marking the largest tourist route in the country, Via Transilvanica "The road that unites", which he considers one of the most important country projects, which could become a kind of Romanian El Camino.
Former Prince Nicolae said, in turn, that he did not hesitate at all when he was invited to this project, as he loves nature, hiking and fresh air.
"It is a country project, national, for Romanians and not only them. It seems to me that it is a very big and very good opportunity for any community that is on this route. It is important and will be increasingly important for their future and development. Tăşuleasa Social Association already has a very large database of volunteers, but in each community I hope that the authorities or those who will set up the terminals will have volunteers from those communities around them. It's something beautiful and important to us. We, all together, build this route, it is not an association or an institution. This route has already been successful, although it is just beginning, it will certainly be a great success in the future. Tăşuleasa Social Association makes big, quality projects with quality people, this is very important,they managed to unite volunteers and authorities around them for all kinds of projects, such as Via Trasilvanica. It is a country project and it is very important for the community, we, the citizens, must support such a project. We will develop as a country much faster if we are united and get involved as we can and where we can ", said former Prince Nicolae.
He believes that such a tourist route will lead to the enhancement of human quality, heritage, gastronomy, history and extraordinary landscapes of Romania.
Tibi Uşeriu şi fostul Principe Nicolae au adus la Sighișoara bornele kilometrice care vor marca traseul Via Transilvanica _ STIRILE TRANSILVANIEI

Photos from Thursday
https://foto.agerpres.ro/storage/watermark/13863552.jpg
https://foto.agerpres.ro/storage/watermark/13863547.jpg
https://foto.agerpres.ro/storage/watermark/13863532.jpg

Old 07-12-2020, 06:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae and Alina-Maria were promoting Romanian wines at Travellers Club in London on 28th February.
They have been interviewed by Winefullness Magazine

Parts of the interview:
If you've stuck around and read previous editions of Winefullness Magazine, you might remember that in the last edition I reviewed a wine tasting of Romanian offerings that really intrigued me. The event was being hosted by Alina-Maria de Roumanie and her husband Nicholas de Roumanie, two members of the Romanian royal family with a love of promoting the wines of their country. I was fascinated by this charming couple who had chosen the viticultural path and decided to find out more. I started by asking them how they got involved with Romanian wine industry.
ALINA-MARIA & NICHOLAS: 'While living in the U.K. we thought about promoting Romanian products, including wine. In 2016 we drove from Romania to the U.K. after buying a large selection of Romanian wine with the intention to give them as gifts and to drink them with friends. While drinking them with friends we would tell the story of Romania's connection to wine and why we believe Romania is different to the rest, afterall wine is consumed in social circles. We knew enough about wine to talk to friends but we wanted to deepen our knowledge and started a course at WSET which took us on a fantastic journey as we mixed wines from all over the globe with different meals, fruits and cheese boards. One moving back to Romoania, our godfather, Livio Popescu was starting RoWine, an international wine festival in Romania of which we became ambassadors.'

WINEFULLNESS: 'How did you two meet?'
NICHOLAS: 'Alina and I met while I was running a children's charity and the 'Childhood Books' project which Alina chose to support on a number of occasions.'
WINEFULLNESS: 'The promotion that you organised in London proved to be a great success; do you see this becoming a regular event?'
ALINA: 'Myself and Nicholas both thoroughly enjoyed the event - before , during and after. The atmosphere was great, our guests enjoyed themselves as well as the Romanian wines. Our intention is to promote our national wines with every occasion.'

WINEFULLNESS: 'What were the last good books that you read, and what made them interesting?'
ALINA: 'I read '12 Rules for Life, an Antidote to Chaos' by Jordan Peterson. I discovered several explanations of man's behaviour from the animal Kingdom. I have also read The Bible from which I found deep inspiration during the lockdown period.
NICHOLAS: 'I have read '27 Steps' by Tibu Useriu. Firstly,he and his family are friends. Tibi has not had an easy life and has faced many challenges. He has won the Ultra 3366 Artic Ultra Challenge which he has won several times. His book is inspirational and motivational, especially if one has found or will find oneself in a challenging period in life.'
WINEFULLNESS: 'When times are normal, how often do the two of you visit the vineyards of Romania?'
ALINA & NICHOLAS: 'At the beginning of this year we planned a more extensive winery tour in spring, however now we hope to do this by the end of the year. Usually we try to visit wineries that are in the areas that we travel to.'

WINEFULLNESS: 'Who is the better cook, and which are your favourite restaurants?'
NICHOLAS: 'Alina is the better chef, however we both enjoy cooking together.'
ALINA: 'I enjoy cooking traditional dishes which we missed while living in the U.K. One of our favourite restaurants is Biutiful by the lake, Alioli (Argentinian) and Kaiamo (Experimental Romanian Cuisine).'

WINEFULLNESS: 'What is your favourite time of the day?'
ALINA & NICHOLAS: 'We both enjoy mornings, especially in the summer. Summers in Romania are very hot and mornnigs during this time are cool and quiet.'

WINEFULLNESS: 'How would you describe yourselves in five words (five words each of course)?'
ALINA: 'Creative, honest, courageous, sporty, natural.'
NICHOLAS: 'Sporty, outgoing, sociable, traveller, dutiful.'

The pair of them are not just charming people who enjoy sharing the wines of their country and their love of life, they are the sort of people I like to meet and talk with because their enthusiasm just grabs you.

The whole interview you can read here:
7 - winefullness.co.uk
Old 07-13-2020, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae posted yesterday to his Instagram
"I recommend a visit to Saschiz to discover how a village has revived. People sanctify the place!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCh94hUJ7qU/

Today he congratulated his aunt princess Maria on her birthday
"Happy birthday to Princess Maria! Be healthy and happy!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CClDaf5pk10/
Old 07-16-2020, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae has given a large interview to Ziua de Cluj newspaper. He talks about his work at Asociatia Principele Nicolae, and also of becoming a father.

The grandson of King Mihai gave an interview in which he talked about future projects, Cluj, historical responsibility and ... being a father.
For Nicolae of Romania the year 2018 was that of starting a family - through a marriage that attracted the attention of the international press - 2019 was that of founding his own non-governmental organization (NGO). In this new dynamic, Transylvania and Cluj play an important role, which Nicolae shares exclusively with the readers of Ziua de Cluj.
Dear Nicolae, what can you tell us about the NGO you chair, half a year after its launch?
Asociatia Principele Nicolae is a young organization, currently on hold, taking into account the circumstances of Covid. I am very pleased with the way we have conducted our activities, the impact it has had and the interest shown by the general public. From this point of view, our project to promote the history of royalty in schools has received positive feedback and is of great importance to us. We hope to be able to resume our activity in the fall with the second project ("Codrii de Mâine"), through which we intend to plant a million seedlings, reforesting areas affected by floods.
We look forward to seeing what happens in the coming months. We are still looking for sponsors. The current situation is not easy. I know organizations that have lost their sponsors because they have suspended their activity; In other cases, the sponsorships received are much reduced. I think it will take about a year and a half to return to normal.
What are the main projects?
At the moment, the only one who has life and soul is the project on the history of the monarchy, which we keep online and interact in this way with young people in Romania. I hope that in the summer months, in July or August, we will resume those related to the environment - but, obviously, we must take into account the restrictions in force, why we will be allowed to do and what not.
We would restart, together with young people and students, the preparations for reforestation, which are so important. I would not start other projects because we have to analyze the ongoing ones. One possible project, however, with a good chance of becoming a reality, is a partnership between the charity they lead and Tăşuleasa Social.
I am trying to gather a group of journalists, travel agents, bloggers and influencers to come and discover Romania in its aspects of nature and traditions, other than the ever-growing urban life. We would take them with us on the Via Transilvanica route for a few days and we would present them to some cities for a period of, say, five days.
At the same time, we are looking, in one way or another, to obtain a train car, to personalize it and to use it as a means of transport to present our project, to show them Romania and to offer them an absolutely unique reception. The talks are at the beginning, but we hope to move forward and reach our goal.
About being a member of the former royal family Nicolae says among other things:
I have always considered that my name is De România, and it would be a shame to turn my back on the Country and those fulfilled by my ancestors. I was adopted by this country and I adopted it in my turn, I love it as I think everyone loves it, maybe even more. Receiving that gift, I agreed to serve it with all my abilities, and if it will lead me to lead an institution we will see in the future ... But I can do so much without being Head of any institution, and I will mobilize in this direction .
How do you feel as a future dad?
Everyone who is or is about to become a parent knows that we are talking about an extraordinary period; I'm excited about what's next (laughs). It's a huge responsibility, but I know we'll do great. We can't wait to raise our child and discover together the challenges of parenthood. It is an extraordinary gift and we are glad to receive it properly.

The whole interesting interview:
Ziua de Cluj _ INTERVIU-EVENIMENT _ Nicolae al României_ „Clujul e fascinant prin modul în care s-a dezvoltat”
Translation
Old 07-16-2020, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Nicolae has given a large interview to Ziua de Cluj newspaper. He talks about his work at Asociatia Principele Nicolae, and also of becoming a father.

The grandson of King Mihai gave an interview in which he talked about future projects, Cluj, historical responsibility and ... being a father.

For Nicolae of Romania the year 2018 was that of starting a family - through a marriage that attracted the attention of the international press - 2019 was that of founding his own non-governmental organization (NGO). In this new dynamic, Transylvania and Cluj play an important role, which Nicolae shares exclusively with the readers of Ziua de Cluj.

Dear Nicolae, what can you tell us about the NGO you chair, half a year after its launch?

Asociatia Principele Nicolae is a young organization, currently on hold, taking into account the circumstances of Covid. I am very pleased with the way we have conducted our activities, the impact it has had and the interest shown by the general public. From this point of view, our project to promote the history of royalty in schools has received positive feedback and is of great importance to us. We hope to be able to resume our activity in the fall with the second project ("Codrii de Mâine"), through which we intend to plant a million seedlings, reforesting areas affected by floods.

We look forward to seeing what happens in the coming months. We are still looking for sponsors. The current situation is not easy. I know organizations that have lost their sponsors because they have suspended their activity; In other cases, the sponsorships received are much reduced. I think it will take about a year and a half to return to normal.

What are the main projects?

At the moment, the only one who has life and soul is the project on the history of the monarchy, which we keep online and interact in this way with young people in Romania. I hope that in the summer months, in July or August, we will resume those related to the environment - but, obviously, we must take into account the restrictions in force, why we will be allowed to do and what not.

We would restart, together with young people and students, the preparations for reforestation, which are so important. I would not start other projects because we have to analyze the ongoing ones. One possible project, however, with a good chance of becoming a reality, is a partnership between the charity they lead and Tăşuleasa Social.

I am trying to gather a group of journalists, travel agents, bloggers and influencers to come and discover Romania in its aspects of nature and traditions, other than the ever-growing urban life. We would take them with us on the Via Transilvanica route for a few days and we would present them to some cities for a period of, say, five days.

At the same time, we are looking, in one way or another, to obtain a train car, to personalize it and to use it as a means of transport to present our project, to show them Romania and to offer them an absolutely unique reception. The talks are at the beginning, but we hope to move forward and reach our goal.

About being a member of the former royal family Nicolae says among other things:

I have always considered that my name is De România, and it would be a shame to turn my back on the Country and those fulfilled by my ancestors. I was adopted by this country and I adopted it in my turn, I love it as I think everyone loves it, maybe even more. Receiving that gift, I agreed to serve it with all my abilities, and if it will lead me to lead an institution we will see in the future ... But I can do so much without being Head of any institution, and I will mobilize in this direction .

Everyone who is or is about to become a parent knows that we are talking about an extraordinary period; I'm excited about what's next (laughs). It's a huge responsibility, but I know we'll do great. We can't wait to raise our child and discover together the challenges of parenthood. It is an extraordinary gift and we are glad to receive it properly.

The whole interesting interview:

Ziua de Cluj _ INTERVIU-EVENIMENT _ Nicolae al României_ „Clujul e fascinant prin modul în care s-a dezvoltat”

Translation

Quite mature and measured comments from Nicolae. No doubt fatherhood will perhaps be the making of him for the couple themselves and his supporters nationally.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos of Alina-Maria hiking on Via Transilvanica over a week ago
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...07&oe=5F38AD73
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...df&oe=5F362FF3
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...df&oe=5F35BFF7
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...21&oe=5F3536FF
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...60&oe=5F38D745

Nicolae and Alina-Maria with Longines watches
"Time passes, memories remain, And the time spent in Sinaia is always precious!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCvinihpjy_/
Old 07-18-2020, 07:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:

Maybe i have a short-term memory loss, but isn't this guy already the parent of a 4-year-old girl?
Old 07-19-2020, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Mihai - his first descendant born in Romania. Prince Nicolae's wife, the first pregnant pictures
On June 1, Children's Day, Nicolae al României, the only grandson of King Mihai given by one of his 5 daughters, announced that he would become a father. On Thursday, July 9, he posted the first photos with Alina-Maria, his pregnant wife.
Although his title of Prince was withdrawn by the Royal House, Nicolae al României remained in the minds of all Romanians as the sole male heir of King Mihai and they do not cease to call him Prince. The fact that Romanians love him is proved by the large number of people who follow his Facebook page to find out what he and his wife, Alina Maria, are doing.
These are beautiful photos, well thought out before the camera button is pressed, because they will last not only in the family album but also for the history of this country.
The child who will be born in November is the only legal descendant of King Michael who is born in Romania.
Regele Mihai – primul său urmaș născut în România. Soția principelui Nicolae, primele poze gravidă _ Rețete și vedete
Old 07-19-2020, 05:13 AM
Majesty

Nicholas is not the only grandson, there is also his cousin Michael Kreuger (Princess Irina's son).
Old 07-20-2020, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Today is The Day Of Romanian Aviation And Air Forces, Nicolae congratulates all aviators at his social media
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC22VfKpUGL/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC2xKGnJuLH/
Old 07-23-2020, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae and Alina-Maria on Tuesday at the Aviator's Alley, inaugurated on Tuesday, photos at Alina-Maria's Facebook
"At the inauguration of the Aviator's Alley where a beautiful I.A.R. 824 built entirely in Brasov in 1971, refurbished with the support of the Romanian Aeroclub was thus donated to the community in Brasov.
We find them in the area where the IAR aircraft factory operated for 21 years, during the interwar period. Congratulations Ceetrus!"
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5b&oe=5F3F2C47
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...24&oe=5F3D5B95
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...43&oe=5F3DA3ED
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4d&oe=5F4027A8
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6b&oe=5F3DBE48

Nicolae attended at the inauguration, maybe Alina-Maria came later there.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Alina-Maria is enjoying summer
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC_gvyQJ4du/

She is having a bag from Simina Filat Design, as very often:
Summer Breeze Verde - Summer Collection - Shop - Simina Filat
Old 07-25-2020, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
Maybe i have a short-term memory loss, but isn't this guy already the parent of a 4-year-old girl?
Paternity yes, but no parenthood.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae at Facebook of Asociatia Principele Nicolae - and there is also many comments from students and people who have attended at Nicolae's lectures at "History of royalty in Schools" project.

Dear friends,
One of my soul's mission is to carry on my family's legacy. Thus, I turned duty into passion, into the joy of meeting children and teachers in a project that recalls both the history of royalty and the history of Romania, tabs from a single history.1
The curiosity in your eyes, the simple questions loaded with sincerity specific to young people, the spontaneous reactions during and after each discussion strengthen my conviction that my duty to Romania and my legacy is to continue this soul project.
On behalf of the Asociatia Principele Nicolae and my staff, I thank all those involved in this project, volunteers, supporters, sponsors, without whom the "History of Royalty in Schools" would not have been a possible project.
Despite the health context, this project will continue in September using digital means.
Dear friends, a peaceful, but especially healthy summer for you and your families.
Nicolae al Romaniei
Dragi prieteni, Una dintre misiunile... - Asociatia Principele Nicolae _ Facebook
Old 07-31-2020, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae, ambassador of Via Transilvanica, attended on 29 and 30 July at the inauguration of two new sections of Via Transilvanica. Alina-Maria attended at least on 29th, so far I haven't seen photos of her on 30th.

29th July
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...65&oe=5F486C85
https://media.szekelyhon.ro/pictures...vata_rz-06.jpg

Prince Nicolae and his wife, who have supported the project from the beginning, also participated in the inauguration of the 160 kilometers in Mureş County.
Prince Nicolae: It is a project route that can revive our soul in every community. It is very important to give back an opportunity to smaller communities and through this route we can not only do that, but we can also promote our beautiful country.
Nicolae and Alina-Maria are seen at the video and Nicolae is interviewed
Traseul Via Transilvanica a trecut de jumătate

30th July
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...fe&oe=5F4870CB
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...70&oe=5F4BAB4F
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7a&oe=5F48E972

Via Transilvanica was enriched this summer with another 285 kilometers marked on the section from Mureș and Harghita counties, in addition to the 400 km already arranged. The newest sections, from Mureș and Harghita counties, were inaugurated between 29-30.07.2020. The launch events took place in Sovata (Mureș) and Dârjiu (Harghita).
The events were attended by: His Excellency, the Ambassador of Great Britain, Andrew Noble, the ambassador of the project Prince Nicolae of Romania, Marcel Iureș, Dragoș Bucurenci, Tibi Ușeriu, Horia Tecău and Toma Coconea, together with the project partners: Mureș Runners and Colinele Transilvaniei, representatives of local, county and national institutions, strategic partners and sponsors of the project, local organizations, volunteers, locals and local and national media.
Via Transilvanica_ încă 285 de kilometri au fost marcați în județele Mureș și Harghita - spotmedia.ro
Old 08-01-2020, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae posted today to his Instagram his speech at the inauguration of the Via Transilvanica section - Harghita county.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDVxO2wJvay/

And he posted a photo of queen Ana, today is four years since the queen passed away.
"Today my thoughts are with my grandmother, Queen Ana, who watches over us incessantly with King Mihai. I miss my grandmother, but the happy memories together will always be alive. God rest her soul in peace!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDV7gMjJf-W/
Old 08-02-2020, 02:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Alina-Maria was with Nicolae at the inauguration of Via Transilvanica also on 30th July in Dârjiu in Harghita county. Nicolae posted photos to his social media today:
On July 29 and 30, we inaugurated another 280 km of Via Transilvanica in Mureș and Harghita counties together with special guests and ambassadors of the project: Tibi Ușeriu, Horia Tecău, Marcel Iureș, Toma Coconea, Dragoș Bucurenci and the Ambassador of Great Britain, Andrew Noble. With the complete counties of Mureș and Harghita, Via Transilvanica has over 680km ready to cross. Congratulations to the volunteers, sponsors and authorities who made this possible!
See you on foot on the route!
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b5&oe=5F4AF37E
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b4&oe=5F4DCC77
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...78&oe=5F4DE7D9
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...26&oe=5F4D1343
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c9&oe=5F4C589F
Old 08-02-2020, 11:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Alina-Maria posted some lovely photos to her Instagram
"Amazing days spent in Transylvania discovering hidden villages and beautiful people making things happen. This summer is all about getting to know my country better."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDZpzntp58V/

Nicolae's Instagram
"Ceramic workshop in Saschiz with Marinel!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDaxlthJK_v/
Old 08-04-2020, 02:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of Nicolae and Alina-Maria in Harghita
"At Meșendorf 65 with friends where I discovered a wonderful place. Adi and Oana gave up everything they had in Bucharest for a life in the country. Now they have Meșendorf 65 and the famous Meșendorf cheese. Thank you!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDdPD3jpDtD/

Mesendorf 65 at its Instagram
"A weekend full of surprises and unique moments."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDdP_LXJFXL/