The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2020, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Today, at the King's Day, Nicolae posted to his social media
Today is a day to celebrate our history and those who have made sacrifices for our freedom. I am with the Romanians wherever they are.
Happy birthday to the Romanian Monarchy in May 10!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAAXgSbpRj8/

Alina-Maria wishes Happy Mother’s Day to her mother
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAApW3XJUHv/

Nicolae has continued Asociatia Principele Nicolae's project "The History of Royalty in Schools".

Asociatia Principele Nicolae at its social media
The ‘History of Royalty’ project continues on the occasion of May 10 and the planned actions have been adapted to the current state.
The triple significance of May 10 was marked by the Asociatia Principele Nicolae through an online meeting to which attended over 50 students from 5 schools (St. Dimitrie Technological High School in Teregova commune, Caras-Severin County, National College Central School from Bucharest, Vinga Technological High School from Vinga commune, Arad county, Elena Cuza National College from Bucharest) and students from the Faculty of Agronomy from Bucharest and from the Faculty of Medicine. Together we addressed several topics:
The significance of May 10th
The role of the monarchy in society
Queen Maria and the Spanish flu
Royalty
Involvement in civil society
The importance of education
Concerns of the young generation about the future
The interest shown by pupils and students for the History of Romania proves that they need role models and are not indifferent to what is currently happening in society.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAC7YI8p8PC/

Nicolae at his Instagram
Not infrequently, our young people from Romania and the Republic of Moldova have shown entrepreneurial qualities, but also interest in improving them. Nicolae al Romaniei talked to students from our country and across the river Prut, during an online conference about the differences between NGOs and LLCs, about leadership models and how they are representative, entrepreneurship, communication, local markets vs. global. The debates were full of enthusiasm and useful information, strengthening the hope for a beautiful future!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAFslgYJUuD/

Old 05-17-2020, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photo of Nicolae and Alina-Maria on 6th April
With Alina-Maria de Roumanie and the former Prince Nicolae, a beautiful and noble couple, even without special titles.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-nyJz7JxAn/

Old 05-24-2020, 01:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae and Alina-Maria attended 22nd May at the funeral of Archbishop Pimen of Suceava and Radauti.

Today, His Eminence Pimen, Archbishop of Suceava and Radauti, was buried. Among the thousands of people who were present at the sad event, there was a personality that no one expected.
Mourning day in Bucovina. His Holiness Pimen was led on the last road. The service was officiated by Metropolitan Teofan, His Eminence Teodosie and PS Damaschin Dorneanul, together with a council of priests. Hundreds of people were present at the Patriarchal and Archbishop's Cathedral of Saint John the New in Suceava. Among those present was a great man. Nobody expected this. He came uninvited to the funeral and proved that he did not need special invitations.
Although no one expected, Nicolae was also present at the service, none other than the former prince of Romania. He came from the Royal House as the grandson of King Mihai. King Mihai I was closely linked to Bukovina, his presence being historic in the Bukovina area.
In fact, in his speech, His Eminence, Teofan, Metropolitan Bishop of Moldavia and Bukovina, as well as His Eminence Damaschin, Vicar Bishop of the Archdiocese of Suceava and Radauti, addressed him as his "Royal Highness". Nicolae no longer has a princely title. Nicolae was with his grandfather in April 1992, at the Easter service, when the sovereign of Romania was invited by His Eminence Pimen to the Resurrection service.
What Nicolae said
"I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing to the eternal ones of His Eminence Father Pimen, Archbishop of Suceava and Radauti. I owe to him my meeting 28 years ago, at Easter, with the Romanian people and with King Mihai, my grandfather. Then, in Putna, I lived the understanding that my grandfather was the King of the Romanians. Although I had been told that I was King Mihai's grandson, in Putna, then in Bucharest and in Curtea de Argeș, I met my King and my roots. These are images that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. The service at Putna Monastery, the moment when my grandfather and His Eminence Pimen prayed at the tomb of Stephen the Great, the King's entrance on the Royal Doors in the Altar, the moment when King Mihai received the Holy Light from Father Pimen, the crowd cheering The king came from long exile. A priest dressed me in a deacon's robe and took me in his arms to the Altar.
I am deeply grateful to His Eminence Pimen for the kindness and love with which he called, received and surrounded King Mihai, as well as my grandmother, Queen Ana, my mother, Princess Elena and me.
I send my condolences to the Romanian Orthodox Church, to the parishioners of the archdiocese and to the grieving family!
May God rest him in the Kingdom of the Righteous!”, Said Nicolae al Romaniei, the grandson of King Mihai.
His Eminence Pimen died of coronavirus 30 days after being confirmed with the disease.
A venit neinvitat la înmormântare. Nimeni nu se aștepta
Prințul Nicolae și soția sa Alina prezenți la înmormântarea ÎPS Pimen _ Suceava News Online
Mii de oameni l-au condus de ÎPS Pimen pe ultimul drum, în plină edipemie. Vezi cele mai importante momente! VIDEO - Stiri Suceava
(FOTO) Prințul Nicolae al României a venit la înmormântarea lui ÎPS Pimen - SuceavaLIVE

Nicolae was interviewed

Nicolae, king Mihai and archbishop Pimen, photo at Nicolae's social media
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAZzNSaJ6Sm/

One more video from the funeral
Old 05-24-2020, 06:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if Alina Maria is expecting? Maybe just the shape of her coat. I imagine they would have announced if they were expecting a baby.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nicolae continued Asociatia Principele Nicolae's project "The history of royalty in schools" on May 26th.

Liceul Teoretic "Gheorghe Lazăr" School in Pecica at its Facebook
His Royal Highness Prince Nicolae of Romania carried out the project "The History of Royalty in Schools" online with the students of the Theoretical High School "Gheorghe Lazăr" Pecica'
On the afternoon of Tuesday, May 26, the online meeting took place via Skype platform between HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania and our high school students, members of the high school choir who sang at the wedding of the princely couple, in September 2018, in Sinaia and Impact Club.
The meeting, which lasted over two hours, was attended by the mayor of Pecica, Petru Antal, high school representatives, director Prof. Daniel Toth and Deputy Director Blazena Karkus, along with local councilor Dr. Vasile Chifor, president of the local branch of The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown, as well as history teacher Mircea Suciu and professor Alexandru Zaharia, conductor of the high school choir.
Prince Nicolae of Romania together with the participants spoke about the Royality of Romania and the importance of the Royal House of Romania. The students answered the questions related to the history of the Royal House but had the opportunity to have free discussions and to ask questions to which Prince Nicholas answered openly.
We thank His Royal Highness for the honor of involving the "Gheorghe Lazăr" Pecica Theoretical High School in this activity and for the time given.
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e9&oe=5EF5315F
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c6&oe=5EF45407
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...89&oe=5EF674EF
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d9&oe=5EF7755A
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...94&oe=5EF4F531
Old 06-01-2020, 03:09 AM
Courtier

They are expecting, baby due in november. There's a press release on Nicholas FB-page (I'll try to post it here).

(edit) Link to the FB-page: https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...6395201070851/
Old 06-01-2020, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy news!! Congratulations to the couple!!
Old 06-01-2020, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

That's good news! Best wishes for the couple.
https://m.facebook.com/nicolaealroma...pe=3&source=49
Old 06-01-2020, 05:40 AM
Majesty

Congratulations to the couple!

They chose a perfect day to announce it - Children's Day!

I hope that this wonderful circumstance will contribute to improving relations between Nicholas and his mother and the rest of the family.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple, I hope they have a healthy and successful pregnancy at this very difficult time.

I do find it interesting that even on Facebook he has an "official press release" document and the language he used. He's still very much positioning himself as his mother's official heir and the future of the monarchy, even if he technically isn't right now.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I also think he's positioning himself as your mother's official heir.
How's his relationship with his mother?
Can he in the future be head of the royal house of Romania?
I hope so, because he is the only person who in the long run can represent the royal house, because the other members of the royal family of his generation are completely unknown.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Nicholas and Alina Maria! And a perfect day to announce indeed.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-01-2020, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the Princely couple!

As for future heir - I believe his sister is still in the defunct line of succession, after her mother. From all accounts, Elisabeta-Karina is close to her brother, and was a bridesmaid to Alina. If she succeeds to the defunct throne, she can reinstate her brother and his descendents.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Delighted for them ! Wonderful news !
Old 06-02-2020, 03:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Congratulations to the Princely couple!

As for future heir - I believe his sister is still in the defunct line of succession, after her mother. From all accounts, Elisabeta-Karina is close to her brother, and was a bridesmaid to Alina. If she succeeds to the defunct throne, she can reinstate her brother and his descendents.
I think his sister is still in the line of succession. In a defunct monarchy it wouldn't normally make any difference but I think if they want to keep this quasi official "HM Custodian of the Crown" title going or even expand it (including the palaces they currently use) then it can't just be Elizabeth de Roumanie Medforth-Mills going "I don't want it, give it to my brother instead" but a clear succession from at least if/when his mother is Custodian.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I think his sister is still in the line of succession. In a defunct monarchy it wouldn't normally make any difference but I think if they want to keep this quasi official "HM Custodian of the Crown" title going or even expand it (including the palaces they currently use) then it can't just be Elizabeth de Roumanie Medforth-Mills going "I don't want it, give it to my brother instead" but a clear succession from at least if/when his mother is Custodian.
I am happy for them and wish them well.

As the legitimate child of the elder of HRH Princess Elena's children, the newborn baby would normally be ahead of Elisabeta-Karina in the line of succession unless:
Nicholas and his heirs and successors were removed (which I don't think was explicitly the case)
or unless the infant is excluded.

It is also perfectly plausible that the child be named as HRH Elena's (or HM Margareta's if Elena pre-deceases her) direct successor. it's not inconceivable that the child will have reached the age of 18 (2038) before both HM Margareta and HRH Princess Elena have passed on.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Majesty

The Child will be de Roumanie and will never be a Royal such as his Mother.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Nicholas and Alina Maria,hopefully it will bringing some much needed joy to this bickering RF.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
They are expecting, baby due in november. There's a press release on Nicholas FB-page (I'll try to post it here).

(edit) Link to the FB-page: https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...6395201070851/
Congratulations to the couple and their families on the news

A new baby is always exciting, but such news is even better right now.