The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 03-17-2018, 03:34 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,346
More photos from the vernissage
Meeting Marilena Rotaru
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3a&oe=5B408D7A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b2&oe=5B3422BA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...85&oe=5B444567
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1d&oe=5B2E1063

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...53&oe=5B456B33
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5B4D87F3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...96&oe=5B3A95B7
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9b&oe=5B476D75
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...81&oe=5B3EB0EB
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d6&oe=5B023F37
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...76&oe=5B4C6CBA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...83&oe=5B02B256
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...99&oe=5B2E1FE2

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5B3610BF
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5B3E01F1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...68&oe=5B40EBE1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18&oe=5B4D9009
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5B3E01F1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18&oe=5B3BC0F9
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3b&oe=5B4BAF08
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5b&oe=5B34C520

A lot more photos of Nicholas and Alina Maria at this album of 341 photos.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8411437&type=3

Nicholas and Alina Maria are shown and Nicholas interviewed at the end of this video, at 2.06.
Ion Văcăreanu, pictor pe val în SUA. Americanii dau mii de euro pe operele românului _ Eveniment _ Observator

Nicholas at his Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgX0NkGn...olaealromaniei
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-17-2018, 04:29 AM
Dalriada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 302


Very interesting interview. It reveals quite a lot about Nicholas’ childhood and youth which helps to explain his actions in recent years. It all cements his connection to his grandfather The King and his beloved Romania where he feels most at home amongst its people. He refers to different cultures within the country with an appreciation for the complex nature of society there. Ultimately the interview seems to confirm his firm self-belief and independence to forge a good life in Romania. Even referring to the negative, Nicholas appears have a gift for spinning things positive! He seems quite charming.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-17-2018, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
Very interesting interview. It reveals quite a lot about Nicholas’ childhood and youth which helps to explain his actions in recent years. It all cements his connection to his grandfather The King and his beloved Romania where he feels most at home amongst its people. He refers to different cultures within the country with an appreciation for the complex nature of society there. Ultimately the interview seems to confirm his firm self-belief and independence to forge a good life in Romania. Even referring to the negative, Nicholas appears have a gift for spinning things positive! He seems quite charming.
The special relationship to his grandfather and the love for Romania are the two main points of his life.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
More photos from the vernissage
Meeting Marilena Rotaru
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3a&oe=5B408D7A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b2&oe=5B3422BA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...85&oe=5B444567
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1d&oe=5B2E1063

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...53&oe=5B456B33
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5B4D87F3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...96&oe=5B3A95B7
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9b&oe=5B476D75
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...81&oe=5B3EB0EB
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d6&oe=5B023F37
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...76&oe=5B4C6CBA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...83&oe=5B02B256
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...99&oe=5B2E1FE2

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5B3610BF
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5B3E01F1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...68&oe=5B40EBE1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18&oe=5B4D9009
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5B3E01F1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18&oe=5B3BC0F9
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3b&oe=5B4BAF08
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5b&oe=5B34C520

A lot more photos of Nicholas and Alina Maria at this album of 341 photos.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8411437&type=3

Nicholas and Alina Maria are shown and Nicholas interviewed at the end of this video, at 2.06.
Ion Văcăreanu, pictor pe val în SUA. Americanii dau mii de euro pe operele românului _ Eveniment _ Observator

Nicholas at his Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgX0NkGn...olaealromaniei
The late King appreciated Mrs Rotaru very much and it is important that there are members of the King's Family that continue to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-17-2018, 03:35 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,346
Another video from the vernissage, Nicholas and Alina Maria are interviewed. The reporter asks also about their wedding. Nicholas wants to keep the details of the religious ceremony secret, Alina Maria revealed that she has already started preparing her wedding dress.
Bat clopotele de nuntă. Nepotul Regelui Mihai, Nicolae, şi viitoarea lui soţie, Alina Binder, s-au întors în ţară _ Monden _ Observator

Nicholas and Alina Maria were skiing in Sinaia today. "First time in 14 years"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgbFukmn...olaealromaniei
Alina Maria's Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bga82ZvH...inamariabinder
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-19-2018, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,672
The idea that Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills could choose the Orthodox Monastery of Curtea de Arges for his religious marriage as alledgely proposed by the local Archbishop is not confirmed by any sources:

https://observator.tv/monden/princip...es-245787.html
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-19-2018, 05:00 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,346
Nicholas was on Saturday 10th March at the rugby match between Romania and Belgium at the Gloria Stadium.
SURPRIZA din tribună! _ Cine a fost la meciul România-Belgia și a trecut aproape neobservat – Reporter Buzoian
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-21-2018, 12:56 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,346
Nicholas at his Instagram today
"Supporting International #downsyndrome day"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BglG7V5n...olaealromaniei
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-29-2018, 10:00 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,346
At Tăşuleasa Social Association's Facebook
"It is a great joy and we are honored to have among us on Saturday in the afforestation of Tritenii de Sus the grandson of His Majesty King Mihai, Nicolae de Roumanie, together with his wife Alina Binder.
The first time we met at the green Tasuleasa action called "003", where Nicolae de Roumanie participated together with us in a clean-up vessels. This year we celebrate 10 years of friendship and volunteering together and and we are glad to have the opportunity to plant a few trees at Tritenii de Sus."
https://www.facebook.com/tasuleasaso...type=3&theater

Tăşuleasa Social is a Romanian NGO that aims to raise awareness and change teenagers' mentalities in matters concerning the disastrous effects of depositing waste in nature, air and water pollution and massive deforestation in Romania.

A member of the Royal House joins the volunteers of Tăşuleasa Social
Un membru al Casei Regale se alătură voluntarilor Tăşuleasa Social

Prince Nicolae and Alina Binder, invited by Tăşuleasa Social at afforestation of the Tritenii de Jos, Cluj
Prințul Nicolae și Alina Binder, invitați de Tășuleasa Social la împădurirea de la Tritenii de Jos, Cluj _ Răsunetul

Grandson of King Michael I and his wife will plant trees, along with Tăşuleasa Social
Nepotul Regelui Mihai și soția sa vor planta copaci, cot la cot cu cei de la Tășuleasa Social - Bistriteanul - Afla primul
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-31-2018, 06:34 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,346
Nicholas posted photos to his social media, he and Alina Maria are planting trees at Tritenii De Jos in Cluj with Tăşuleasa Social Association.
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-31-2018, 09:44 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,879
Prince Radu uses the Boyal Blog and Nicholas Instagram or facebook!
Only 21 sharings....
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-31-2018, 11:39 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,945
Seems normal to me. Nicholas is no member of the Royal House since his grandfather kicked him out.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,116
He ´s so terribly charismatic!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Seems normal to me. Nicholas is no member of the Royal House since his grandfather kicked him out.

Did I miss something...?! I thought it turned out not to be the late King to sack his grandson but other "powers" within the RF ?!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-02-2018, 08:43 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,346
Nicholas at his Facebook today:
Thank you for the beautiful and warm messages. I spent my birthday with my wife, Alina-Maria Binder, and my friends at Oașa Monastery, surrounded by nature and tranquility.
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-03-2018, 04:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,116
wife? Did they already marry?!?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-03-2018, 06:10 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 8,651
Yes, last year, in October.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-03-2018, 07:38 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 25,501
Beautiful scenery surrounding the Oașa Monastery
__________________

__________________

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement & Civil Marriage of Nicholas Medforth-Mills and Alina Maria Binder - 2017 Jacknch The Royal Family of Romania 75 09-08-2018 07:10 PM
Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills USCtrojan The Royal Family of Romania 159 01-17-2018 10:46 AM
Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania) ally_cooper The Royal Family of Romania 1991 01-17-2018 04:51 AM




Popular Tags
administrator althorp aristocracy bangladesh belgian royal family castles chittagong crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events cypher danish royalty denmark diana princess of wales dutch dutch royal family family search foundation french royalty future future wife of prince hussein germany hill history house of bourbon israel jumma kiko king philippe king salman lithuanian castles mail meghan markle memoir monaco history monaco royal monarchist monarchy naples netflix nobel 2019 norway history official visit potential areas prince charles prince of wales princess benedikte princess margaret qe2 queen mathilde queen maud rania of jordan royal children russian imperial family saudi arabia settings south korea spanish history spencer family state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty thai royal family tracts trump united kingdom valois working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×