Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events 1: 2018 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday when I posted these, I was thinking that maybe Nicolae and Alina-Maria got a painting as a gift, but I wasn't sure, since I don't speak Romanian.
They did get three pieces of art, those at the photos.
Princess gift: unique paintings to Prince Nicolae's little girl's room
Santa Claus came earlier for Prince Nicolae and his daughter Maria-Alexandra. The Princess received as a gift from Rotenberg-Uzunov Gallery two paintings to her room, one of them representing the little girl, surrounded by some of the most famous animated characters.
Eduard Uzunov got the idea of these gifts two weeks ago, during the charity event "Art gives hope". Uzunov tells that Nicolae came, as always, to the events of the Rotenberg-Uzunov gallery and he really liked some of the works that would be sold in benefit for Institutului Clinic Fundeni. One, the central work of the collection, representing a panda bear in the jungle, by plastic artist Arina Bican, and two works with animated characters by plastic artist Martina Grigoriță. Uzunov then thought of this Christmas gift for Maria-Alexandra. Uzunov had to tell Nicolae about their intention, to get a photo of Maria-Alexandra, which could be reproduced. They agreed that the gift would be a total surprise to Alina-Maria.
Alina-Maria came to the gallery at the insistence of Nicolae, without knowing what awaited her, so the gift offered in the presence of the artists and some friends of art, had the desired effect. Alina-Maria said that it is "a super surprise they will remember for a lifetime" and that she is honored to receive such a gift, and that the frame of the picture in which her little girl appears has the color of the little girl's room: pink.
Nicolae also got a surprise: he received as a gift a work signed by Martina Grigoriță, a portrait of his great-grandmother, Queen Maria. Nicolae was impressed by the beauty of the portrait and said that it will be placed next to another artwork, of King Mihai I.
Cadou de principesă_ tablouri unicat pentru camera mezinei Principelui Nicolae – Revista Vedeteler

Alina-Maria posted lovely photos of the family yesterday evening to her social media:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJMZboipuao/
Crăciun cu bucurii! ❤️ Happy Christmas!!... - Alina-Maria de Roumanie _ Facebook

The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown wishes His Royal Highness Prince Nicolae of Romania and His Family a spirit of peace and love, unquenchable light in souls and in the house, joys with Maria-Alexandra, the new royal offspring.
The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown hopes that the miracle of the birth of Jesus Christ guide and inspire Nicolae as before, in the spirit of Christian morality permanently served by his tgrandfather, King Mihai.

Last edited:
Nicolae writes at Facebook of The Prince Nicolae Association, that it is neither too early nor too late to give someone a small gift to make someone smile, to bring joy. Today, the Prince Nicolae Association gave tiramisu to 25 children, to help them end 2020 nicely and welcome 2021. Nicolae thanks Poesia Restaurant for bringing the smile on the lips of 25 children from Marie Curie Pediatric Hospital.
Pe măsură ce anul se încheie, lăsând loc... - Asociatia Principele Nicolae _ Facebook

At Facebook of Asociatia Principele Nicolae
"January 3, 1948, the forced exile of King Mihai and Queen Mother Elena began.
"I was asked several times what my feeling was when I left Romania. I found no other way to tell the truth about my condition then than that I left with death in my soul." H.M. King Mihai I of Romania"

Nicolae congratulates his sister on her birthday.

Nicolae in December
"It was an honor to be able to discuss with His Highness Prince Nicolae about Converted Wood products"
Converted Wood - A fost o onoare să pot discuta cu Alteța... _ Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria-Alexandra's christening was yesterday at the Archbishop's Cathedral in Curtea de Argeș.
The service of little Maria-Alexandra was officiated by a council of priests, headed by Nicolae and Alina-Maria's friend His Eminence Calinic, Archbishop of Argeș and Muscel (we remember that archbishop Calinic wed Nicolae and Alina-Maria). Nicolae, Alina-Maria and godparents of Maria-Alexandra wore folk costumes. Only a few people close to the family were present at the christening.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1879264168893261&set=a.160512657435096&type=3&theater

It was an honor for us to make the floral arrangements for the baptism of little Maria-Alexandra, daughter of Prince Nicolae of Romania.
A fost o onoare pentru noi sa realizam... - FLORARIA ADALEXA _ Facebook

Good video
Others
Fiica Principelui Nicolae, creștinată astăzi la Curtea de Argeș - ARGES EXPRES
Prinţul Nicolae al României și-a botezat fetița. Imagini emoționante cu strănepoata Regelui Mihai _ Click
Ştirile TVR - Strănepoata Regelui Mihai a fost botezată la Curtea de Argeș _ Facebook

Last edited:
Wonderful pic's of the Baptism of little Maria Alexandra. She did not like the water being poured over her head, and she let them know it . Good for her. She is a little beauty. I assume Margarita and Radu or Nicholas mother have not been there. The future of ROMANIA, are Nicholas and Maria Alexandra.

:previous: Thank you Lady Finn for providing the videos and websites of Maria-Alexandra's baptism. She is a beautiful baby! It appears the ceremony includes a full immersion as evident right at the end. I find it a bit sad that Nicholas' mother wasn't there but maybe not invited or perhaps guest limits due to covid. I like that both the parents and the Godparents dressed in traditional costume.

Video of Nicolae, Alina-Maria and Maria-Alexandra leaving the Cathedral.
Facebook

Photo
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a9fe66bc9d820ae04f0180e3140d6546&oe=603289E5

Nicolae and Alina-Maria with archbishop Calinic
https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/sveta_kopylova/74741186/3512878/3512878_900.jpg

Nicolae and Alina-Maria with archbishop Calinic
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5017558071650127&set=a.115637905175526

Archbishop Calinic has been interviewed about the christening. He said he gave Nicolae and Alina-Maria an an icon on glass with the Mother of God, especially since the baby is called Maria-Alexandra. She is extremely lively. She has alertness and health, being born without surgery. She looks like Prince Nicolae, the grandson of King Mihai I. That's what the most skilled in physiognomy say, but she also looks like her mother, Princess Alina Maria. From Queen Ana, on the other hand, she has sharpness and, Calinic thinks, certain physical features
Exclusiv. Arhiepiscopul Argeşului dezvăluie culisele unui botez princiar _ Calinic_ „Pentru sprijinul dat lui Nicolae, mi s-a reproşat că sunt antidinastic” - Jurnalul de Arges.
Translation

I thought Nicholas 's Sister would be the Godmother ?

Assuming she lives him the UK, we're in a national lockdown and flying for non emergency personal reasons isn't allowed and entry into Romania is restricted. She has a brother who is a Romanian citizen (I don't know if she is) so she would be allowed in but she would have to isolate for 14 days and again when she returned to the UK. So she may well have wanted to be there but couldn't be, and that goes for all over the world at the moment.

Could she still be a godmother in absentia in the Romanian Orthodox Church?

A lot of Godfathers or Godmothers are unable to attend the christening . They are known and on that very day another person is there.

New photo and official announcement of maria-alexandra's christening.

Very lovely written by Nicolae. The photo is taken by David Nivière, perhaps we will get more photos.

Point de Vue
Maria-Alexandra de Roumanie a été baptisée - Point de Vue

Nicolae congratulated his wife yesterday on her birthday
"She is a friend, a wife, a mother and beautiful! Happy Birthday!"
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=258303415658606&set=p.258303415658606

Liviu and Simona Popescu, Nicolae and Alina-Maria's friends and godparents at their wedding, attended also the christening
"We were honored to take part in the christening of the little Princess Maria Alexandra!"
Liviu Popescu Facebook

Do we know who the woman holding little Maria-Alexandra is or the gentleman standing next to her during the baptism, both dressed in traditional costume? I was assuming they were the Godparents or as already mentioned, due to travel restrictions, standing in for the Godparents.

She is not a Princess...just a cmmunor
Geraldine of Albania is a Princess !

She is not a Princess...

Well no, but supporters of Nicolae and he himself still refer to him as Principele Nicolae al Romaniei in various things including his own organisation, so it's not surprising that their archbishop friend referred to his wife as a Princess.

Various places have also referred to little Maria-Alexandra as a princess or royal.

Video from 22nd December of Nicolae and Alina-Maria at the Rotenberg-Uzunov Gallery. The event was a surprise to Alina-Maria. Their friend Eduard Uzunov gave Maria-Alexandra two paintings to her room, one of them representing Maria-Alexandra surrounded by some of the most famous animated characters and another with a panda bear in the jungle. Nicolae also got a surprise: he received as a gift a portrait of his great-grandmother, Queen Maria.

Alina-Maria posted these photos to her Instagram
The christening
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKmlwCBJJDa/?igshid=1gv4vdbmtki4h

Maria-Alexandra, our angel. At the last photo they are with Alina-Maria's mother
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKmnHcrpQUD/?igshid=jkwa60kl1afs

Photos of babies with their proud parents are always the best ?

She is such a sweet baby and her parents obviously adore her.

David Nivière posted to his Facebook an article from the christening published at this week's Point de Vue.
"This week in Point de Vue magazine, Royal Christening of Princess Maria-Alexandra of Romania in Curtea de Arges in Romania, January 23, 2021."
The article tells that Maria-Alexandra was baptized in the presence of some of her godparents, if I understand correctly via translation, she has 12 godparents.
The godparents of Maria-Alexandra who held her at the christening are prince Mihai and princess Emanuela Ghyka, close friends of Nicolae and Alina-Maria and descendants of one of the oldest families of the Romanian aristocracy. Other godparents photographed at the article are Tatian Diaconu and Flavia Pau.
Princess Elena and Nicolae's sister took part in the christening via phone.
There is a nice photo of the family with Alina-Maria's parents and brother.
David Nivière - This week in Point de Vue magazine, Royal... _ Facebook

Cover of Point de Vue
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKy-3TKF8Qo/?igshid=xd3hb9k2oezq

Last edited:
More photos from the christening by photographer David Nivière at Legion-Media

John Florescu (Symbolic godparents due to different Religion) with his wife Ana Vandoros and their daughter Nadia, Charles-Antoine Uyttenhove (Symbolic godparent due to different Religion), Nicolae, godparents prince Mihai De Ghyka and princess Emanuela Ghyka, Alina-Maria, godmother Denisa Fatusan, godparents Tatian Diaconu, Flavia Pau, Maria Pau Lorelai Brezeanu And Cristian Sultana.
https://d0.momapix.com/legionmedia/....d9b1655c134b831076d6c45620a78c33&w=834&h=660

John Florescu, TV producer, businessman and journalist, comes from one of Romania’s oldest families with roots going back more than 600 years. Florescu has produced movies of queen Maria and king Mihai, and Nicolae has attended with him at the premieres of the movies.

Nicolae with his family with godparents prince Mihai and princess Emanuela Ghyka
https://d0.momapix.com/legionmedia/....87f4d79e36d68c3031ccf6c55e9bbd39&w=834&h=660
Nicolae and Alina-Maria with prince Gregory Ghyka
https://d0.momapix.com/legionmedia/....96629f1aac6ddb7a7cfa82574b6722d4&w=834&h=660

Gallery
Legion-Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom