Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events 1: 2018 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Nicholas and Alina-Maria on the birth of their daughter, Maria Alexandra!

Congratulations to the parents!

Welcome to the World, Maria-ALexandra!

Such welcome news. Welcome to the world to little Maria Alexandra :flowers:

I am sure both families are thrilled with their new little member.

Congratulations th the couple!!! And what a beautiful name!!!

"Princess Helen of Romania learned with joy of the birth of her second granddaughter, Maria-Alexandra, the daughter of her son, Nicholas Medforth-Mills, and his wife, Alina. HRH, along with the entire Royal Family, wishes her new-born granddaughter good luck, wisdom and health!"

https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/mesajul-altetei-sale-regale-principesa-elena/

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose they will be flags on Elisabeta Palace , Savarin , Peles and Bucarest Official Buidings. and.in whole Roumania.....
Why Maria-Alexandra and Maria Alexandra ? N with a Crown ??
Congratulations and best wishes for the secret and happy family life .

I suppose they will be flags on Elisabeta Palace , Savarin , Peles and Bucarest Official Buidings. and.in whole Roumania.....
Why Maria-Alexandra and Maria Alexandra ? N with a Crown ??
Congratulations and best wishes for the secret and happy family life .

N with a Crown because he's using it as his royal monogram and is still positioning himself as a Prince of Romania, hence also signing it Nicolae al Romaniei.

Glad she acknowledged this was her second granddaughter. But hopefully in time, this might lead to some personal healing for the family. I notice that she used Nicholas Medforth-Mills not Nicolae de Roumanie/ al Romaniei though.

Glad to read that ! Glad too that Nicolae's mother has acknowledged this birth !

Glad she acknowledged this was her second granddaughter. But hopefully in time, this might lead to some personal healing for the family. I notice that she used Nicholas Medforth-Mills not Nicolae de Roumanie/ al Romaniei though.

Medforth Mills is Nicholas' original legal surname, so that is likely why she did so.
“de Roumanie” was not actually part of his or Karina's legal surname, more like a middle-name.

Guessing Margareta & Radu influenced the wording of Helen's announcement: the plainest form of name of Nicholas is used, plus the very public reminder to Alina on her big day that there is another grand-daughter. Very spiteful people.

Last edited:
Guessing Margareta & Radu influenced the wording of Helen's announcement: the plainest form of name of Nicholas is used, plus the very public reminder to Alina on her big day that there is another grand-daughter. Very spiteful people.

It surprises me that you refer to acknowledging her out-of-wedlock granddaughter as "spiteful", as most considered King Albert II of Belgium spiteful for previously not acknowledging his out-of-wedlock child and grandchildren.

Which other forms of the name Nicholas exist?

Medforth Mills is Nicholas' original legal surname, so that is likely why she did so.
“de Roumanie” was not actually part of his or Karina's legal surname, more like a middle-name.

I had assumed that de Roumanie had become part of their legal name when the King changed the laws of succession for his family. My mistake if not.

The original translation had Helen quoted as using "Nicholas Medforth-Mills" which seemed very pointed, although it's obviously not there on the RR page now.

I don't think it's spiteful to acknowledge his older daughter. She's a fact of Alina's life as well as Nicolae's and born before they were married.

Last edited:
IIRC "De Roumanie Medforth-Mills" was/is Nicolae's (and Karina's) legal surname.

Btw, congratulations to Nicolae and Alina-Maria! What a great news!

I'd say Elena is pretty clearly acknowledging the birth of Maria-Alexandra while also reminding the people that neither Nicolae nor Maria-Alexandra are prince and princess of Romania - as the newborn has an older half-sibling.

What great NEWS. Welcome to the World little Maria Alexandra of Romania. Your arrival completed your parents happiness. Congratulation to Nicholas and Alana.

I find this comment highly objectionable.

[...]
To your defence, you admit you are 'guessing' - and indeed there is no basis in fact or evidence offered.

However, you go on to insinuate not only that a press release by HRH Princess Elena about the birth of her grandchild has been influenced by HM Margarita and her husband but also that they did it with malicious intent.

You ascribe the meanest possible motivation for the mention Nicholas' father's name, and for the acknowledgement of the Princess' other grandchild.
[...]

If I remember correctly, Elena was very clear in her views about her son's failure to assume any responsibility for his first daughter's conception and well-being before the long-delayed paternity test. Given her stance then, it would have been highly hypocritical to airbrush HER Grandchild's existence out of the picture now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news indeed. Congratulations to the couple. Let's hope that the birth may cause some reflection within the family on how to proceed towards the future. A future that can only include Nicholas de Roumanie MM and his family.

Last edited:
It seems not to be the Headline in Newspapers and TV in Roumania.
May they remain private citizins they are and have a happy life with their daughter.

Which other forms of the name Nicholas exist?

Nicolae Medforth-Mills de Roumanie (yes in that order now on ID).

What they ordinarily use in society: Nicolae al României, Alina Maria a României.

Last edited:
You are right, the news got in the main media, but mostly as a brief information, copied and thrown somewhere on the website. You had a tough time finding it unless you knew what to search for. Or google search. No headlines.

KanalD is a Tv station with good audience mostly due to the Turkish soap opera. I do not know how many watch the news, but what you have found is a midday news (mostly tabloid) in which the birth of Maria-Alexandra is announced between news about some guys painting a pedestrian crossing and some people who give advice about healthy breakfast.

I have never heard about 24H.

IIRC "De Roumanie Medforth-Mills" was/is Nicolae's (and Karina's) legal surname.

Their only surname at birth was their father's surname, which is still true for Karina. “de Roumanie” was a middle name for both siblings, but Nicholas now has a new Romanian identity.

Last edited:
Nicolae Medforth-Mills de Roumanie (yes in that order now on ID).

What they ordinarily use in society: Nicolae al României, Alina Maria a României.

The statement linked upthread did use Nicolae; it was I who used the English form.

Interesting; has he shared an photograph of his ID?

The remark about spiteful people is for your account. All what grandmother said was factual. Her son is Nicholas Medforth-Mills indeed. And the youngborn is her second grandchild indeed. With stating so, the Princess actually acknowledged her first grandchild as well. That is more than what we can say about daddy Nicholas denying parenthood in the first place. And en passant the Princess placed both her grandchildren a par.

Spiteful would have been: remaining silent in blissful non-existence and that is not the case at all!

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple! :flowers:

Nice that the baby was named after Queen Maria.

I am always the kind of person who loves to know the reason for a baby's name (if there is one other then just personal like). I had wondered if the little was named for Queen Maria (Marie Alexandra Victoria of Edinburgh). Happy to have it confirmed. Such a beautiful choice.

Maria is by far the most common name for girls. Alexandra in probably in top 5. Also Maria-Alexandra or Alexandra-Maria are popular. But not Victoria.
I saw some statistics about this in Romania. But, yes, it is the name of queen Maria.

Last edited:
I think Maria Alexandra is a beautiful name and sounds very regal indeed!

I wonder does Princess Elena have a private relationship with her first born granddaughter?

Maria is by far the most common name for girls. Alexandra in probably in top 5. Also Maria-Alexandra or Alexandra-Maria are popular. But not Victoria.
I saw some statistics about this in Romania. But, yes, it is the name of queen Maria.

Maria is a handy name being that it has always been common - and it's variants - in many countries in the world. Miriam is a version of Mary/Maria and is a classic name in the Arab world, and Mary was the most popular name here in England for several decades straight. Now it's less common, but I have seen some parents reviving it for future generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom