The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 02-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA, United States
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
So, Nicholas married either in the last few days of his grandfather's life or just after he passed away so he could take Alina with him to the funeral? While I understand thst he wanted her with him, the timing seems inappropriate.

Did they share the exact wedding date?

And why is he still calling her Alina-Maria Binder? Foes that mean that she doesn't (intend to) share(s) his surname (and titles he most likely is after)?
They were married in a civil ceremony in October 2017, not December. Exact date not released but anyone can apply for the marriage certificate
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,668
Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills attended the special Concert in memory of the late King at Saint Joseph Roman -Catholic Cathedral this evening. The program included " Funeral Sentences" by Henry Purcell.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-25-2018, 08:55 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,507
Nicholas and Alina Maria attended at Diaspora Start-Up event in London on 16th February.
https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/svet...141812_900.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Alina Maria's Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/alinamariabinder/
Nicholas's Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nicolaealromaniei/
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,668
It was so touching to see how many people wanted to greet Nicholas (" the Prince of the people") and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills at the end of the concert in memory of the late King at Saint Joseph Roman Catholic Cathedral of Bucharest few days ago. Especially the many young people wanted to greet the young couple and to have photos. What really matters is only the love of the people.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-27-2018, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,668
Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills gave an interview to " Point de Vue" speaking about the funeral of the late Royal King, the difficult relationship with the eldest daughter of the late Sovereign and their marriage next September and future projects in Romania. The photos are beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-27-2018, 11:52 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills gave an interview to " Point de Vue" speaking about the funeral of the late Royal King, the difficult relationship with the eldest daughter of the late Sovereign and their marriage next September and future projects in Romania. The photos are beautiful.
We have already seen some of the photos, they are part of the photoshoot with David Nivičre published some weeks ago and the link is in this thread.
The interview at Nicholas' Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-02-2018, 12:23 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,507
Nicholas and Alina Maria greeted people yesterday because of Mărțișor. It is a celebration at the beginning of spring, on 1st March in Romania, Moldova, and all territories inhabited by Romanians and Moldovans.
"Alina-Maria Binder and I wish you a joyful spring with friends and loved ones!"
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...type=3&theater

Nicholas and Alina Maria on the cover of Formula AS
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-03-2018, 10:07 AM
PetticoatLane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Small Town, United Kingdom
Posts: 631
They are a very attractive young couple. I don't know the ins and outs of what's gone on but it seems utterly incomprehensible to me that the Romanian royal family should do anything other than take advantage of the fact they are young, beautiful and dynamic, particularly when a viable alternative to Nicholas basically does not exist. Utter madness. The phrase cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
They are a very attractive young couple. I don't know the ins and outs of what's gone on but it seems utterly incomprehensible to me that the Romanian royal family should do anything other than take advantage of the fact they are young, beautiful and dynamic, particularly when a viable alternative to Nicholas basically does not exist. Utter madness. The phrase cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind.
The majority of people think exactly like you.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-03-2018, 06:37 PM
LadyRohan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden, Slovenia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The majority of people think exactly like you.
Could we have evidence of this in the form of a poll please?
__________________
"He who has never failed to reach perfection, has a right to be the harshest critic" - Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 22,141
Let's not use this thread for the same debate we are having in two others....
Further OT replies will be deleted.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-04-2018, 05:26 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
They are a very attractive young couple. I don't know the ins and outs of what's gone on but it seems utterly incomprehensible to me that the Romanian royal family should do anything other than take advantage of the fact they are young, beautiful and dynamic [......]
What would your rationale have been when Mr Medforth Mills was balding dude with a tummy?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-10-2018, 11:13 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,507
Nicholas has been working voluntatarily for Hospice Casa Sperantei, coordinating an event. Alina took part too. Small volunteers at the British School of Bucharest - girls aged 5-14, visited today at the headquarters of Hospice in Bucharest and, together with the little ones from Hospice, made Easter handcrafts and atttended at Easter floral workshops.
Photos from Nicholas's Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...type=3&theater

More photos at Hospice Casa Sperantei's Facebook (Alina is at one photo)
https://www.facebook.com/HOSPICECasa...56830070462908

About Hospice Casa Sperantei
HOSPICE in Romania _ HOSPICE Casa Speranţei

On 4th March Nicholas and Alina Maria attended at Teatru National București at the premiere of “Fotograful Unirii" by Denis Dinulescu, directed by Mihai Panaitescu, a performance in the memory of photographer Samoila Mârza. After the performance there was an exhibition of Mârza's photos.
https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/svet...169406_900.jpg

On March 11, on Sunday of the third week of Lent, Nicholas and Alina Maria attended at the Holy Divine Liturgy at Arhiepiscopia Catedral in Curtea de Argeș.
Slujire Arhierească în Duminica a III-a din Post în Catedrala Arhiepiscopală

After the Divine Liturgy, Nicholas and Alina, accompanied by Archbishop Calinic, visited the monastery of Robaia.
Nicholas and Alina prayed in the monastery church, visited the monastic community, and also a workshop for tailoring. At the end of the visit, Nicholas thanked the archbishop for his warm welcome on such a holy day.
Pelerinajul Principelui Nicolae la Mănăstirea Robaia
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-13-2018, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On March 11, on Sunday of the third week of Lent, Nicholas and Alina Maria attended at the Holy Divine Liturgy at Arhiepiscopia Catedral in Curtea de Argeș.
Slujire Arhierească în Duminica a III-a din Post în Catedrala Arhiepiscopală

After the Divine Liturgy, Nicholas and Alina, accompanied by Archbishop Calinic, visited the monastery of Robaia.
Nicholas and Alina prayed in the monastery church, visited the monastic community, and also a workshop for tailoring. At the end of the visit, Nicholas thanked the archbishop for his warm welcome on such a holy day.
Pelerinajul Principelui Nicolae la Mănăstirea Robaia
The site gives Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills the title of Prince.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-15-2018, 05:31 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,507
Nicholas's interview in Formula AS
Nicolae de România - _Pentru mine, acasă e România_ - Lumea romaneasca - Numarul curent - Formula AS
Translation

Nicholas and Alina Maria were the special guests at the vernissage of Zoo Urban -exhibition of Ion Văcăreanu, held at Rotenberg-Uzunov Gallery in Bucharest on 15th March.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8e&oe=5B35F0FE
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...34&oe=5B4AD723
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bc&oe=5B30F4BD
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...af&oe=5B2F82C3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3c&oe=5B40CD1E
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bc&oe=5B3CB31C
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...19&oe=5B49F4E4
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=5B309040
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...00&oe=5B4833C4
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c7&oe=5B4AC25F

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=5B43E48A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d3&oe=5B2B9E30
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...89&oe=5B42C2CF
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...23&oe=5B4BFEC7
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...29&oe=5B387858
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...14&oe=5B467A23
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1e&oe=5B02C420
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d1&oe=5B4B30D8
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...87&oe=5B3BBDB5
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c3&oe=5B3E2DB2

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...32&oe=5B340A01
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...42&oe=5B4295CD
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...fa&oe=5B3ECD28
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b7&oe=5B3992A1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...72&oe=5B4A1457
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f1&oe=5B4C1092
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cd&oe=5B37FDD1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...09&oe=5B46473F
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0a&oe=5B4AD80B
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1b&oe=5B2E8845
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...31&oe=5B311D7A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...dc&oe=5B4457D5

Photos are from this gallery.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,668
It is so important he believes in his Romanian people and in His country and he presents himself as a person that has found his love even if he is not understood by his own maternal Family.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-17-2018, 03:34 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,507
More photos from the vernissage
Meeting Marilena Rotaru
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3a&oe=5B408D7A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b2&oe=5B3422BA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...85&oe=5B444567
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1d&oe=5B2E1063

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...53&oe=5B456B33
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5B4D87F3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...96&oe=5B3A95B7
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9b&oe=5B476D75
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...81&oe=5B3EB0EB
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d6&oe=5B023F37
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...76&oe=5B4C6CBA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...83&oe=5B02B256
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...99&oe=5B2E1FE2

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5B3610BF
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5B3E01F1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...68&oe=5B40EBE1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18&oe=5B4D9009
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5B3E01F1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18&oe=5B3BC0F9
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3b&oe=5B4BAF08
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5b&oe=5B34C520

A lot more photos of Nicholas and Alina Maria at this album of 341 photos.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8411437&type=3

Nicholas and Alina Maria are shown and Nicholas interviewed at the end of this video, at 2.06.
Ion Văcăreanu, pictor pe val în SUA. Americanii dau mii de euro pe operele românului _ Eveniment _ Observator

Nicholas at his Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgX0NkGn...olaealromaniei

Another video from the vernissage, Nicholas and Alina Maria are interviewed. The reporter asks also about their wedding. Nicholas wants to keep the details of the religious ceremony secret, Alina Maria revealed that she has already started preparing her wedding dress.
Bat clopotele de nuntă. Nepotul Regelui Mihai, Nicolae, şi viitoarea lui soţie, Alina Binder, s-au întors în ţară _ Monden _ Observator

Nicholas and Alina Maria were skiing in Sinaia today. "First time in 14 years"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgbFukmn...olaealromaniei
Alina Maria's Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bga82ZvH...inamariabinder
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-17-2018, 04:29 AM
Dalriada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 362


Very interesting interview. It reveals quite a lot about Nicholas’ childhood and youth which helps to explain his actions in recent years. It all cements his connection to his grandfather The King and his beloved Romania where he feels most at home amongst its people. He refers to different cultures within the country with an appreciation for the complex nature of society there. Ultimately the interview seems to confirm his firm self-belief and independence to forge a good life in Romania. Even referring to the negative, Nicholas appears have a gift for spinning things positive! He seems quite charming.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-17-2018, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
Very interesting interview. It reveals quite a lot about Nicholas’ childhood and youth which helps to explain his actions in recent years. It all cements his connection to his grandfather The King and his beloved Romania where he feels most at home amongst its people. He refers to different cultures within the country with an appreciation for the complex nature of society there. Ultimately the interview seems to confirm his firm self-belief and independence to forge a good life in Romania. Even referring to the negative, Nicholas appears have a gift for spinning things positive! He seems quite charming.
The special relationship to his grandfather and the love for Romania are the two main points of his life.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
More photos from the vernissage
Meeting Marilena Rotaru
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3a&oe=5B408D7A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b2&oe=5B3422BA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...85&oe=5B444567
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1d&oe=5B2E1063

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...53&oe=5B456B33
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5B4D87F3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...96&oe=5B3A95B7
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9b&oe=5B476D75
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...81&oe=5B3EB0EB
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d6&oe=5B023F37
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...76&oe=5B4C6CBA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...83&oe=5B02B256
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...99&oe=5B2E1FE2

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...77&oe=5B3610BF
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5B3E01F1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...68&oe=5B40EBE1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18&oe=5B4D9009
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5B3E01F1
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18&oe=5B3BC0F9
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3b&oe=5B4BAF08
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5b&oe=5B34C520

A lot more photos of Nicholas and Alina Maria at this album of 341 photos.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8411437&type=3

Nicholas and Alina Maria are shown and Nicholas interviewed at the end of this video, at 2.06.
Ion Văcăreanu, pictor pe val în SUA. Americanii dau mii de euro pe operele românului _ Eveniment _ Observator

Nicholas at his Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgX0NkGn...olaealromaniei
The late King appreciated Mrs Rotaru very much and it is important that there are members of the King's Family that continue to do so.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement & Civil Marriage of Nicholas Medforth-Mills and Alina Maria Binder - 2017 Jacknch The Royal Family of Romania 75 09-08-2018 07:10 PM
Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills USCtrojan The Royal Family of Romania 159 01-17-2018 10:46 AM
Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania) ally_cooper The Royal Family of Romania 1964 01-17-2018 04:51 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones baby names british royal family buckingham palace canada carolin cht coronavirus cpr duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon elizabeth ii emperor family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo haakon vii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry jumma kids movie list of rulers maxima mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family pless prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen louise queen maud resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress settings spain stuart thailand thai royal family videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×