King Michael's Younger Daughters: Elena, Irina, Sofia & Maria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did he marry?

He got married to Tara M. Littlefield on 26 February 2011.

Any photos of the event?The Royal Family did not say a word about it.

Beautifou photos!
Was their baby already born?

I understood Michael Kreuger de Roumanie and his wife Tara had a boy born at the Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Richland, Washington, USA on March 22nd, 2012. Who knows the name of this child?

Last edited:
his name is Kohen

Source:Nobiliana BAG2012

It is not known if Kohen Kreuger de Roumanie will be in the line of Succession to The Romanian Throne after his own father.

Royal visitor for sixth form college
28 June 2012

A college received a royal visitor yesterday ahead of a charity visit to Eastern Europe.

Princess Helen of Romania, who now lives with her English husband near Durham, visited Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College, in Darlington, after hearing about plans by students to travel to her homeland to build community housing.

The group of 18 students and two teachers will travel to Brasov, in the Transylvania region of Romania, next month to build housing for some of the country’s poorest people.

Full article: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/local/darlington/9788780.Royal_visitor_for_sixth_form_college/

It is rather interesting HRH Princess Elena, even if second in the Line of Succession, is less present at public events in Romania than her son and her daughter.

Unfortunately, bad news for Princess Irina. I live just outside Portland, Oregon and had no idea there were any Royals amongst us. Apparently Princess Irina and her husband own a ranch in Irrigon, OR which is about 175 miles east of Portland on the Columbia River. Who woulda thought??

Romanian princess among 18 rounded up in alleged Oregon cockfighting ring - U.S. News

John Wesley Walker and Irina Walker, the third daughter of Romania's King Michael I, staged at least 10 cockfighting derbies at their ranch near Irrigon between April 1, 2012, and last May 19, government prosecutors allege.

The accused cockfight hosts, with a supporting cast of 16 other suspects in Oregon and at least 10 in Washington, were charged in a conspiracy to violate the federal Animal Welfare Act.

Princess Irina beyond the pale...

and more, courtsey of Janet H

Romanian princess, Oregon husband arrested in bust of suspected two-state cockfighting ring | OregonLive.com

Romanian princess, Oregon husband arrested in bust of suspected two-state cockfighting ring

excerpt
The indictment alleges that the derbies featured dozens of cockfights in a ring, much like a fight card in a night of boxing. But the combatants were roosters, each with knives, gaffs or other cutting instruments attached to their legs, fighting to their deaths in a blood sport now outlawed in all 50 states.

The "fairly large-scale cockfighting venture" also supported illegal gambling.
A referee supervised the fights as concessionaires sold beer and food, and those managing the action took a 10 percent "house" cut, prosecutors allege.

John and Irina Walker -- along with Irrigon neighbors and Hermiston friends -- were charged with operating an illegal gambling business and unlawful animal fighting ventures at the Walkers' Morrow County ranch.Each of the charges carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Romanian Princess Ran a Cockfighting Ring in Oregon - Allie Jones - The Atlantic Wire

Romanian Princess Ran a Cockfighting Ring in Oregon

excerpt
Irina Walker, Princess of Romania, is allegedly a fan and facilitator of cockfighting. Walker and her husband have been living on a farm in Oregon, where they were indicted Thursday after an illegal cockfighting ring was discovered at their home. The Oregonian reports that the Walkers hosted at least ten derbies where trained roosters fought to the death with knives, gaffs, and other instruments attached to their legs.

v Princess Irina mugshot
courtesy of Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

Attachments

• Irina of Romania.jpg
    Irina of Romania.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,237
Last edited:
Saw the news on CNN earlier this morning.

Alexey 1904

I am surprised Prince Radu hasn't commented on this and King Michael has.:whistling::whistling:

What's there to say?
Disgraceful, appalling, despicable, vile...

I think that this answers the common question:

Q: When does a member of a non-reigning house cease being royalty?
A: When the person gets arrested for cockfighting.

Is Irina estranged from the rest of the Royal Family? Did something happen to make her run off and live this kind of life?

She's a Hohenzollern and about as blue-blood as they come, but she moved to a different continent, married someone who doesn't come across too well (at least in news reports) in a wedding chapel in Las Vegas and runs cockfights? Seriously?

When I first read this article, I was surprised and read it again to make sure that what I read was correct. Very sad to say the least. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the court system. Even though she is a Princess, I don't think people are going to have much sympathy for her as this involved harming animals.

Last edited:
Even though she is a Princess, I don't think people are going to have much sympathy for her as this involved harming animals.

Agreed. King Michael's statement made it sound as if he'll be fine with whatever justice is served, too.

Separately, what was Irina's first husband like?

Being a blue blood, I'm just surprised that she married someone blue collar. King Michael sure didn't- the Queen is from a noble background.

This is an account from the Business Insider:

Two years ago, Irina Walker, daughter of the last king of Romania, celebrated her father's 90th birthday with other European royalty.
Now, she faces charges for allegedly hosting cockfighting derbies at her Oregon ranch, Steven Dubois of the Associated Press reports.

Federal agents arrested Walker, aka Kreuger, and 17 others, including her husband John, a former sheriff's deputy, on Thursday.

The unsealed indictments show the duo charged with hosting cockfighting derbies and illegal gambling at their Irrigon, Oregon ranch, according to the AP.

The indictment also said blades were attached to rooster s's legs, and the events, bringing in almost $2,000 a day, often sold food and drink.

"She kind of turned hippie," Angelica Kreuger, Irina's daughter, told the AP. "From when we were growing up to when she moved to Hermiston, she just kind of did the whole free-spirit thing. She just wanted to wake up in the morning and tend to her goats and mess with her horses."

Angelica said her mother became estranged from the family, and the two haven't spoken recently. She also warned her mother about John Walker — whom she called "bad news."

Regardless of changes to Irina's personal life, her father expressed concern.

“His [Royal] Majesty [Michael I] and the entire royal family hope that the American justice system and the courts of the state of Oregon will solve this case in the fairest and quickest way possible," the statement from the king’s press bureau read, according to NBC.

The statement didn't mention John, according to the AP.

Read more: Romanian Princess Irina Walker "Krueger" Arrested for Cockfighting - Business Insider

There's isn't really any information about her first husband.

Surprising that someone from a noble background would marry someone who economically and socially were much lower than themselves. This would be giving up a lot and would be a major adjustment in their life as their partner or spouse wouldn't have the means financially to keep up the lifestyle that they were used to or could be using them to better their financial situation. Of course there might be a very few royals who don't care about this but I would think that they would be few and far between.

^^^^
Well when Michaels children were growing up they were not exactly well off. Michael had to work at various jobs to support his family. Their school fees were reportedly paid by wealthy Rumanian expats as Michael would not have been able to pay the fees himself.

^^^^
Well when Michaels children were growing up they were not exactly well off. Michael had to work at various jobs to support his family. Their school fees were reportedly paid by wealthy Rumanian expats as Michael would not have been able to pay the fees himself.

Having class and having money are different things.

King Michael has class, even if he wasn't always wealthy.

Irina, on the other hand, now seems to have neither money nor class.

Plus she could have had a good choice of husbands and could have used her royal status to really do wonderful things for Romania, but she didn't.

^^^^
Well none of his daughters made especially upper class marriages, and with the exception of his eldest, they were not terribly successful in their marriages. Other than Margaretha they do not seem to be especially involved with Roumania or with their family in Roumania.

Last edited:
You're right.

I wonder what the family dynamics are; perhaps there are some family issues that have split the family apart? Maybe King Carol II's genes skipped King Michael but got passed to his daughters?

Unfortunate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Take the cl out of class and you get a right royal one in this person.

The Royal Family was in exile but tried to represent all the time the Romanian people.Do not forget HRH Princess Helen and especially her son, HRH Prince Nicolae are quite involved in the life of the country.

Princess Irina of Romania arrested in alleged cockfighting ring. Source : The Guardian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom