King Michael's Health & Transfer of Duties

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is extremely sad. Is there a way to send a sympathy card or something so that the King will actually receive it?

King Michael is a saint and all that he has done for freedom and well-being of others in the world is amazing. He should be celebrated--while he is living--as one of the true heroes of the 20th century.

In which religion/church is he a saint? I hope he is made very comfortable in his last days. A very sad ending to a very sad life. My prayers are with him and his family.

Last edited:
In which religion/church is he a saint? I hope he is made very comfortable in his last days. A very sad ending to a very sad life. My prayers are with him and his family.

He is a saint, figuratively. What's so sad is how much better off Romania would have been if it had been able to keep him as King rather than have Communist dictators.

I think we have to expect the worst the next weeks (maybe even days) :/ I hope the government gives him the full state funeral he deserves (I hope I don't sound morbid).

I agree, does not sound good at all.

Oh, this is sad news. King Michael has lived a long and eventful life. It would have been interesting to see what the situation in Romania would be like today if he had still reigned.

I think we have to expect the worst the next weeks (maybe even days) :/ I hope the government gives him the full state funeral he deserves (I hope I don't sound morbid).

No, you don't sound morbid at all. Just accepting of the sad reality of His Majesty's health. :(

He truly has done so much to try and, not only help Romania, but the wider World as well. My wish is he is comfortable and surrounded by all he loves.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Without being morbid , She is trying to prepare the King's National Funerals in Romania.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark has told about how, during the final days of her fathers life, she and her mother were busy in preparing for her succession. Although both was naturally devastated about losing a loved one they did what had to be done. Queen Ingrid - the daughter, granddaughter, daughter-in-law & wife of kings knew that duty always comes first, even in times of grief, and set the wheels in motion.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

If the King is so seriously ill why his eldest daughter does not stay near him?

Do we really have to read these nasty, insidious questions at a time when all decent-minded posters are expressing concern and sympathy?

The relationship between a father and his daughter is a special one and in the case of a King and a Crown Princess, there is an additional element to that relationship that goes beyond the usual obligations one might expect from a daughter when her father is ill.

It seems obvious to me that Crown Princess Margarita was obliged to return to Romania and that King Michael will have very much wanted her to do so.

Do we really have to read these nasty, insidious questions at a time when all decent-minded posters are expressing concern and sympathy?

We all express symparhy and concern and pray for the recovery of the Sovereign but it's really surprising not to see all the family near a person with such a frail health.

Is concern for somebody's health "insidipus"m

I am sure in these circumstances we all have to pray for the King's health. He has had certainly a very tragic life. Now he needs prayers and support .

Last edited by a moderator:
We all express symparhy and concern and pray for the recovery of the Sovereign but it's really surprising not to see all the family near a person with such a frail health.

In real life, children are often not able to be with their parents constantly in times of crisis.

We know that the King is seriously ill but we do not know (a) what his wishes are (b) what the circumstances of his children are and (c) what the doctors are saying to the family. neither should we. It is none of our business. It might be more constructive to limit yourself to prayers rather than making insidious remarks and insinuations and obsessing unhealthily over the relationships of this particular family.

The relationship between a father and his daughter is a special one and in the case of a King and a Crown Princess, there is an additional element to that relationship that goes beyond the usual obligations one might expect from a daughter when her father is ill.

It seems obvious to me that Crown Princess Margarita was obliged to return to Romania and that King Michael will have very much wanted her to do so.

Hear, hear.
The Crown Princess is acting perfectly appropriate to the situation, and I certainly hope the King is allowed adequate rest in these difficult days, while he is in our prayers.

Is concern for somebody's health "insidipus"m

Your comments about the King, his in your view 'tragic life', who of his children is where and when, the continued sniping at what you see as a lack of sitting vigil next to the King, are usually best ignored, because they are both distasteful and cruel.

Now stop pretending to be innocently accused, and move on. The King needs rest while he is clearly fighting for his life, and the Crown Princess is filling her role in accordance with her fathers wishes. While we wait for more news, the best we can do is send our best wishes, and support the Royal Family in their efforts to represent the Crown, and the dynasty.

Romania's government should immediately pass a resolution to thank King Michael and recognize all the good that he has done, and officially allow him to use the title King. That would be a nice gesture and should be done while he's still living.

Romania's government should immediately pass a resolution to thank King Michael and recognize all the good that he has done, and officially allow him to use the title King. That would be a nice gesture and should be done while he's still living.

Well said! That would indeed be a great gesture.

The government does use the title king. The president released a statement regarding the king's health - Michael is acknowledged as a former head of state and receives a pension.

The government does use the title king. The president released a statement regarding the king's health - Michael is acknowledged as a former head of state and receives a pension.

Yes, and the US government calls former presidents "President" as a courtesy, too, but that's not the same thing as being given the title and recognized as currently having the title.

It would be a nice gesture to do. I believe that Afghanistan did something like that for its former king.

His title is recognized but he is officially a former Head of State.

His title was taken away from him in 1947 and he is called "King" due to his former role as king.

I think that he should be granted the title again now by an official government proclamation. With all of the other things that he's gotten back, that would more or less be a restoration, but in a symbolic, modified role.

There will be no such a statement but he is always reffered as "HM King Mihai" by the majority of the leaders of the country.

His title was taken away from him in 1947 and he is called "King" due to his former role as king.

I think that he should be granted the title again now by an official government proclamation. With all of the other things that he's gotten back, that would more or less be a restoration, but in a symbolic, modified role.

There is precedence for such a measure, in the examples of the Crown Prince Nikola of Montenegro being recognized in a symbolic way, as well as the late King Zahir Shah being recognized as 'Father of the Nation' of Afghanistan, short of a full restoration of the monarchy.

It would be a good gesture by the Romanian politicians, and I share your sentiments fully.

Almost all leaders and all media speak about King Michael. That is already a HUGE difference with Austria where HI&RH Archduke Otto of Austria, Prince of Hungary was strictly called 'Otto Habsburg' even denying him the 'von'...

The Romanians are not that narrowminded and petty. It is King Michael before and after. And that counts for his daughters as well. Even in monarchies there are die-hard republicans speaking about Mr Borbón of Mr Von Amsberg. It is all pretty symbolical.

Please use this thread to discuss the health of King Michael and his subsequent transfer of duties to Crown Princess Margarita.

Last edited:
The Princess just represents her father as she has always done lately.

King Michael has been released from hospital today.

The King returns to his private residence, where his condition will continue to be monitored by doctors.

In addition to Queen Anne, Princess Elena is also with her parents during this time. Crown Princess Margarita is in contact with the team taking care of her father. She will return to Switzerland soon to review the situation.

Buletin de sănătate a Regelui Mihai I, 15 martie 2016 | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Last edited:
We give thanks to the Lord and we hope HM the King will soon be able to travel again to his country.

Let's hope he will recover and he will be abe to visit his country in this special year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom