King Michael and the late Queen Anne current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholas Medforth-Mills posted yesterday to his Facebook that he is in Switzerland.

"Today, November 8, 2017, the great Feast of Saints Michael and Gavriil finds His Majesty King Michael in distress, at the residence in Switzerland, surrounded by their Royal Highness Princess Margareta and Prince Radu.

Also at the residence are the employees of His Majesty's House detached in Switzerland and the nuns from the monasteries in Romania who assist the King constantly.

There will be no organized event at the residence, today, on the occasion of the great celebration.

Last night, an envoy of the Metropolitan Joseph of Western and Southern Europe Metropolitan Joseph arrived at the residence of Switzerland to give His Majesty the Holy Communion, in the presence of the Heirly Principle.

At the Elisabeth Palace, after 2001, King Michael hosted on November 8 the "Open Gates" event, to which all the Romanians who wished to wish them for many years were welcome. The last two occasions when the King appeared on the balcony of Elisabeth Palace on the birthday party were November 8, 2013 and November 19, 2014.

Princess Margareta thanks everyone who has sent so many messages of love, admiration and encouragement to His Majesty in the last two days!

The Royal Family urges all those who bear the names of Saints Mihail and Gavriil peace of mind, joy and fulfillment!"

Ziua Sfinților Mihail și Gavriil | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

As to be expected. It's a pity he's had to go through this ordeal with his family at war with his grandson and the resulting turmoil. Peace be with King Michael.

The report below cites "royal sources" as saying that there has been an improvement in the King's condition, that His Majesty is conscious, able to communicate and eating.

Antena 1 - Mereu cu tine a1.ro

May the blessing of this precious time be well used.

The report below cites "royal sources" as saying that there has been an improvement in the King's condition, that His Majesty is conscious, able to communicate and eating.

Antena 1 - Mereu cu tine a1.ro

May the blessing of this precious time be well used.

That’s how it goes sometimes just before you leave. My late grandmother was communicating and eating the day before her death. It was the oddest thing I have ever seen.

My God be with His Majesty and the rest of the royal family.

I wish Him a peacefull passage.

Poor man,what a life he had,I don't envy him for a second.

That’s how it goes sometimes just before you leave. My late grandmother was communicating and eating the day before her death. It was the oddest thing I have ever seen.

My God be with His Majesty and the rest of the royal family.

That means he can express his will to see his grandchildren or not.

I don't think that he is much listened by his family, he is perhaps conscians but I doubt he is very able to communicat a lot, he is surely very weak and the visits are surely rare because he is very ill
I think he does not know all the mess around his grandson Nicolas and the other parts of his family.

The association "Amicii Regelui Mihai" has published an appeal.
One of the most renowned associations for supporting the monarchy in Romania, believes that the situation in Switzerland at the residence of the Royal Family of Romania raises questions. The monarchists wonder what is behind this case.
The association formulated an appeal on Saturday asking for details.
"The communiqué issued by the Royal Family of Romania on the serious health of His Majesty King Michael I of Romania brought a profound sadness to us and to all Romanians. At such times we believe that the entire Royal Family should have been with the father and grandfather. Strange is the fact that only two family members are with his Majesty the King. In addition, the royal family is missing a medical bulletin signed by doctors. We ask: what is hidden and what is true? Now, after all the events that have passed, we find that His Majesty's state of health is stable. Has this been directed to obtain sympathy only to those who were with His Majesty the King in these moments? We need the truth!"
_Amicii Regelui Mihai_ despre situaţia din Elveţia_ lipseşte un buletin medical semnat de medicii curanţi
Translation

Nicholas published this appeal of Amicii Regelui Mihai at his Facebook:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=411bcb56a08dc54cfd3f544ca84af337&oe=5A63C4CC

These "monarchists" have done more harm dan good. They are meddling in a family situation which has nothing to do with a monarchy. Nicholas is clearly going Trump by shooting loose farts in the media. This sort of actions will only widen the gap with his family and will only confirm their (pre)judgement that he lacks the maturity, dignity and consciousness to be a Prince of Romania.

Last edited:
These "monarchists" have done more harm dan good. They are meddling in a family situation which has nothing to do with a monarchy. Nicholas is clearly going Trump by shooting loose farts in the media. This sort of actions will only widen the gap with his family and will only confirm their (pre)judgement that he lacks the maturity, dignity and consciousness to be a Prince of Romania.

Indeed!!Mental lot more often than not.

This Nicolas kid has not a cell of what it needs to be a leading figure in anything let alone a Monarchy.King Mihail saw that wise as he is.Good!

Marilena Rotaru and other monarchists accuse: The King is kept artificially alive until the Royal House Institutionalization Act is voted. King Michael's last arrest. At the bedside of the King, are people with links to the secret services in Romania.
Marilena Rotaru și alți monarhiști acuză_ Regele este ținut artificial în viață până când se votează Legea Instituționalizării Casei Regale. Ultimul arest al Regelui Mihai. La căpătâiul Regelui oameni cu legături cu
Translation

The National Convention on Constitutional Monarchy (a coalition that unites all local monarchic associations) unveils unprecedented accusations against the Margareta-Duda couple of removing Prince Nicholas from the line of succession without the consent of King Michael I who is beingpremeditated, just to keep him away from the real games of the Restricted Royal Family. Also, in a press release issued by EVZ, the Convention reveals that Prince Nicolae was stopped not less than seven times to see his grandfather on the deathbed, which is "a violation of Christian morality and sacredness of Communion". Representatives of the Convention criticized in tough terms the "alliances" initialed by the couple Margareta-Duda with the pesedists of Liviu Dragnea and asks if the King is not kept alive artificially, until the Royal House Institutionalization Act is voted. Last but not least, the monarchists ask Princess Margareta to give public explanations for the monstrous scandal which has happened at the Royal House of Romania.
CUTREMUR în CASA REGALĂ! Monarhiştii ACUZĂ CUPLUL Margareta-Duda că l-a ÎNDEPĂRTAT pe Nicolae din succesiune FĂRĂ CONSIMŢĂMÂNTUL Regelui MIHAI I
Translation

Who need enemies with "monarchist groups" like these? Apart from the situation of Nicholas, Princess Margareta is the number one and Princess Elena is the number two (assuming that these "monarchists" back the michaelian version of the succession).

Oh wait a moment.... these "monarchists" do not back the constitutional succession (the Fürst and the Erbprinz von Hohenzollern), they do not back the michaelian version of said succession (Princess Margareta and Princess Elena), they back THEIR version of the succession: 1. Nicholas, 2. Nicholas, 3. Nicholas.

It is Breitbart in optima forma.

Last edited:
:previous: Perhaps, however, we are not in a position to know who is at fault and I have to believe that had they nothing to hide his family would have allowed Nicholas to see his grandfather. I find it amazing that things got physical which, since no charges were able to be laid due to lack of cause, makes me wonder exactly what happened and if the family tipped the media off in an attempt t blacken his name.

In the end, rightly or wrongly, people and I mean the people of Romania, must hold the royal family in contempt as their public behaviour comes across as calculated and cruel. While there is no monarchy in Romania, does the royal house have assets they would be unwilling to share?

[...] While there is no monarchy in Romania, does the royal house have assets they would be unwilling to share?

Yes, the royal family has assets like the Royal Domain and the Castle of Săvârșin (countryside residence, just completely restored), the Royal Domain and the Castle of Peleș (given in use to the State with a museal destination), the Royal Domain and the Castle of Pelișor (private residence) and Elisabeta Palace (official residence). The last one is not owned but given in use by the State of Romania. All by all the Republic of Romania has made good arrangements with the former royal family, handling it all in a prudent manner.

Last edited:
Who need enemies with "monarchist groups" like these? Apart from the situation of Nicholas, Princess Margareta is the number one and Princess Elena is the number two (assuming that these "monarchists" back the michaelian version of the succession).

Oh wait a moment.... these "monarchists" do not back the constitutional succession (the Fürst and the Erbprinz von Hohenzollern), they do not back the michaelian version of said succession (Princess Margareta and Princess Elena), they back THEIR version of the succession: 1. Nicholas, 2. Nicholas, 3. Nicholas.

Actually, these assertions are considered as plausibles ones, even if very hard to prove, by some respected royal experts whose advice on the matter I had the pleasure to read recently. It is even suggested that king Michael is suffering from dementia from years before he stripped his grandson from his royal title and status. The "never explain, never complain, never protest against anything made or said by a highly-esteemed royal if it can cause a scandal" is not always an attitude that serves the justice. If the appearances are to be preserved whatever the cost, even when it means there are patent injustices, then maybe "royal values" are wrong ones. Nicholas Medforth-Mills is entitled to a fair defence and to get justice if needed, may it cause a lot of stir.

Actually, these assertions are considered as plausibles ones, even if very hard to prove, by some respected royal experts whose advice on the matter I had the pleasure to read recently. It is even suggested that king Michael is suffering from dementia from years before he stripped his grandson from his royal title and status. The "never explain, never complain, never protest against anything made or said by a highly-esteemed royal if it can cause a scandal" is not always an attitude that serves the justice. If the appearances are to be preserved whatever the cost, even when it means there are patent injustices, then maybe "royal values" are wrong ones. Nicholas Medforth-Mills is entitled to a fair defence and to get justice if needed, may it cause a lot of stir.

But when it are the Princess Margareta-Duda machinations, then still there is no problem because they will be followed, according the michaelian version of the succession, by Princess Elena. And that is the very mama of Nicholas Medforth-Mills, and she can restore him back in grace and favour. But who is the hardest for Nicholas? Right.... la Mamma.... :ermm:

But when it are the Princess Margareta-Duda machinations, then still there is no problem because they will be followed, according the michaelian version of the succession, by Princess Elena. And that is the very mama of Nicholas Medforth-Mills, and she can restore him back in grace and favour. But who is the hardest for Nicholas? Right.... la Mamma.... :ermm:

The very same mamma who sued her own son when he was still a minor for inheritance matters ? Who didn't let him grow up in Romania whereas her father the King did request it ? It is reported by a journalist who was once close to the royal family and it brings a new light on princess Elena's shameful release. One wonders who is really unfit to have some royal responsabilities.

Last edited:
I find it extremely interesting, that although the counsellor of king Michael said on 10th November, that the king is on his last days or hours on his life, there was no report by the Royal Family, that princess Maria, princess Elena and her daughter and princess Sofia and her daughter would have gone to Switzerland.

The only one who desperately wanted to see the dying king/grandfather, was Nicholas. Did the others know something which Nicholas, the outsider of the family didn't know?

Imagine a similar situation in Britain(I know that there are a lot of differences,but still) let's say in a few years the Queen would be in hospital,or secluded at home where nobody could visit her exept Charles and Camilla and there would be a statement that William is excluded from succession. How do you think the media and the people would react?
As much as it would be a private family matter some clarifications would be needed.
I think the Romanian public(at least those who have an interest in the monarchy) deserves a bit more transparency.

Until now, the monarchy represented a far more stable and moral alternative for the republic. But it has changed. If we want uncertainty,scandals and struggle for power- we have our politicians....

Imagine a similar situation in Britain(I know that there are a lot of differences,but still) let's say in a few years the Queen would be in hospital,or secluded at home where nobody could visit her exept Charles and Camilla and there would be a statement that William is excluded from succession. How do you think the media and the people would react?
As much as it would be a private family matter some clarifications would be needed.
I think the Romanian public(at least those who have an interest in the monarchy) deserves a bit more transparency.
there's no way that that scenario could happen. William can't be excluded from the succession, by the say so of the queen.
He COULD be kept away from the queen's private hospital or sickroom, but its very unlikely to happen.
The Romainan RF are NOT a ruling RF, so really while they're not exactly private citizens, one could say that they are more private citizens than anyting else, so they can protect their privacy.

As long as they live in Elisabeta palace(owned by the state)and are negotiating with the government for a role in Romanian public life,people are entitled to know what will happen when the Crown Princess will no longer be among us. I can deal with the fact that they excluded Nicholas but I expect that they give an alternative. Princess Maria cannot be a long-term "solution" she is approching 60 and doesn't have children of her own.
That is what bothers me,the uncertainty of the future.

Add to this that the former King's hobby, removing and adding people to or from the Royal House or the Succession was already executed when he was in good health, with the former Queen (by account a moderating factor on the former King) was alive. Maybe the King is aware, maybe not. But there are five adult daughters responsible for their father. We hear nothing from Elizabeth Medforth-Mills or Elisabeth Biarneix. We hear nothing from the American grandchildren. The only one making a scène is Nicholas.

The only reason I can think about is Nicholas desperately wanting his frail grandfather to beg forgiveness and make him a Prince again while the rest of the royal family probably already see Nicholas as an irrelevance for the House of Romania.

These feuds are nothing new. See the Bourbon-Parmas, the Orléanses, the Due Sicilies, the Savoias, the Von Sachsens, etc.

Last edited:

Ultimately we have to blame history for this situation...WWII and the communists who ousted the Royal Family and broke the continuity of our monarchical system.
Sad, but it seems that some things just can't be fixed after 50 years..

Add to this that the former King's hobby, removing and adding people to or from the Royal House or the Succession was already executed when he was in good health, with the former Queen (by account a moderating factor on the former King) was alive. Maybe the King is aware, maybe not. But there are five adult daughters responsible for their father. We hear nothing from Elizabeth Medforth-Mills or Elisabeth Biarneix. We hear nothing from the American grandchildren. The only one making a scène is Nicholas.

The only reason I can think about is Nicholas desperately wanting his frail grandfather to beg forgiveness and make him a Prince again while the rest of the royal family probably already see Nicholas as an irrelevance for the House of Romania.

These feuds are nothing new. See the Bourbon-Parmas, the Orléanses, the Due Sicilies, the Savoias, the Von Sachsens, etc.

Actually, this feud is nothing like the others, because it involves a formerly reigning house that is on the cusp of receiving an unprecedented recognition by the current republican government of their country. Further, the divisions are personal. This family is small, and was extremely united in exile, and only after the entrance on the scene of a certain individual did it all start to fracture. One would have to be extraordinarily naïve to believe otherwise - and there are plenty who are, it would appear.

Further, only one of the five adult daughters is responsible for the King. Only Crown Princess Margarita is a Swiss citizen, where Michael is kept, and clearly she (and her husband) are the ones who are making the decisions. The couple has been doing so for some time now.

Your interesting line of reasoning does nothing to dampen the immense scandal that is brewing in the mainstream Romanian press about this. There have been many stories that were told in private before all of this broke. Now, it is like a floodgate has been opened.

Suddenly the king was announced to be deathly ill. His heiress and her husband rushed to his bedside. Michael was given the last rites. His grandson, who has been denied multiple attempts to simply *see* his grandfather and has been kept totally in the dark about Michael's health, flies from London to Geneva with the hope that he will at least be able to see the man who acted as his second father before the king dies. That same day, the heads of the two houses of the Romanian parliament announced that the legislation on the royal house was finally being put forth (and it had been on the table since before Queen Anne's death). Now, radio silence about the king's health. Margarita and Radu have remained in Aubonne, but Marie is still in Bucharest. Perhaps they all knew something that Nicholas did not.

Last edited:
All of these people (King Michael and Margarita excluded) are trashy. It doesn't matter who might have done or said whatever.

Actually, this feud is nothing like the others, because it involves a formerly reigning house that is on the cusp of receiving an unprecedented recognition by the current republican government of their country. Further, the divisions are personal. This family is small, and was extremely united in exile, and only after the entrance on the scene of a certain individual did it all start to fracture. One would have to be extraordinarily naïve to believe otherwise - and there are plenty who are, it would appear.

Further, only one of the five adult daughters is responsible for the King. Only Crown Princess Margarita is a Swiss citizen, where Michael is kept, and clearly she (and her husband) are the ones who are making the decisions. The couple has been doing so for some time now.

Your interesting line of reasoning does nothing to dampen the immense scandal that is brewing in the mainstream Romanian press about this. There have been many stories that were told in private before all of this broke. Now, it is like a floodgate has been opened.

Suddenly the king was announced to be deathly ill. His heiress and her husband rushed to his bedside. Michael was given the last rites. His grandson, who has been denied multiple attempts to simply *see* his grandfather and has been kept totally in the dark about Michael's health, flies from London to Geneva with the hope that he will at least be able to see the man who acted as his second father before the king dies. That same day, the heads of the two houses of the Romanian parliament announced that the legislation on the royal house was finally being put forth (and it had been on the table since before Queen Anne's death). Now, radio silence about the king's health. Margarita and Radu have remained in Aubonne, but Marie is still in Bucharest. Perhaps they all knew something that Nicholas did not.

I miss your insight in the actions of Princess Margareta's Heir, who happens to be Nicholas' mother and was quite damning towards her own son. Oh wait... that must be the influence of a certain individual again, that even the own mother publicly desavoued her own son? There is a gap in your reasoninh which essentially says: all are wrong, Nicholas is good.

I miss your insight in the actions of Princess Margareta's Heir, who happens to be Nicholas' mother and was quite damning towards her own son. Oh wait... that must be the influence of a certain individual again, that even the own mother publicly desavoued her own son? There is a gap in your reasoninh which essentially says: all are wrong, Nicholas is good.

I guess you didn't read my previous post about princess Elena's behaviour toward her son. It explains why Elena can't be seen as a neutral person when it comes to the former romanian crown prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom