Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USCtrojan

Royal Highness
City
Phoenix
Country
United States
I notice that we do not have a thread dedicated to Elisabeta-Karina, and although she is not a member if the royal house, she is the sister of HRH Prince Nicolae, granddaughter of HM the King, and daughter of HRH princess Elena.

I don't know much about her, but perhaps others do.

We can also post pictures here as we'll, being that she does make some (although not solo) visits in Romania.

Hopefully there are more members of the forums interested in her as much as I am.

She does not even speak Romanian but she visited the country more often than her American cousins Angelica and Michael Kreuger.

Last edited:
Will she ever accept to go to Romania and risk the same experience like her brother?

Elisabeta-Karina is the Nr 3 according the "michaelist" line of succession (her aunt Margareta von Hohenzollern and her mother Elena von Hohenzollern are 1 and 2).

Her far cousin Alexander von Hohenzollern is the Nr 2 according the constitutional line of succession (his father Karl-Friedrich, the Fürst von Hohenzollern is 1).

An alliance with Alexander would be a major help for Elisabeta-Karina, might she have some aspirations. And if Romania becomes nothing, ach, then she still is the future Fürstin von Hohenzollern and in charge of several splendid castles and estates studded with artworks and valuables...

:whistling:

An old picture: Prince Alexander is the young man at the right.

:previous: Oh my god at the end will marry and fault only you for this :D

Will she ever accept to go to Romania and risk the same experience like her brother?

I think we touched on this elsewhere before, but if I was her, I would stay well away from it all - "thanks but no thanks grandpa" kind of thing!

King Michael may put her in a potentially awkward position if he invited her to take her brother's place, but maybe Nicolae will be Ok with it and say to his sister to go for it, better luck than he had.

She can gamble on two horses, as I said in post #5.

Does Romania not succeed, ach, she then still would be Ihre Königliche Hoheit Elisabeta-Karina Fürstin von Hohenzollern, Prinzessin von Rumänien geb. de Roumanie Medforth-Mills and lead the life of a grande dame.

But when Elisabeta-Karina has no any desire, neither for Romania nor for Hohenzollern, tja.. then it ends all there for michaelian line, of course.

Elisabeta-Karina is the Nr 3 according the "michaelist" line of succession (her aunt Margareta von Hohenzollern and her mother Elena von Hohenzollern are 1 and 2).

Her far cousin Alexander von Hohenzollern is the Nr 2 according the constitutional line of succession (his father Karl-Friedrich, the Fürst von Hohenzollern is 1).

An alliance with Alexander would be a major help for Elisabeta-Karina, might she have some aspirations. And if Romania becomes nothing, ach, then she still is the future Fürstin von Hohenzollern and in charge of several splendid castles and estates studded with artworks and valuables...

:whistling:

An old picture: Prince Alexander is the young man at the right.

Her mother and aunt are not Princesses of Hohenzollern anymore and the young Elisabeth has no connections to the Hohenzollerns.

She is not too known in Romania either.

She does not seem to attend any of the events dedicated these days to her royal grandfather 's Birthday.

I think we touched on this elsewhere before, but if I was her, I would stay well away from it all - "thanks but no thanks grandpa" kind of thing!

King Michael may put her in a potentially awkward position if he invited her to take her brother's place, but maybe Nicolae will be Ok with it and say to his sister to go for it, better luck than he had.

Until now she does not seem to have any intention to live in Romania.

Until now she does not seem to have any intention to live in Romania.

Unfortunately, you can't blame her. There is such a circus as of late within the family, which makes me so sad. The drama regarding Nicolai likely didn't help much, which is sad, as I had hoped that he would be great for the future of the family. It's not good, and tragic that things fell out for him. I just wonder if Romanian royal supporters expect her to step forward to fill in her brothers footsteps? She is so quiet and timid, so I am sure she would prefer to continue to hide from the craziness of the world around her.

I love the Romanian Royal family, but, I am sad to see that things have gone down hill recently. I am slowly loosing my hopes of a restoration.

I really doubt many of the monarchists expect her to come to Romania and be envolved in the monarchists cause.

I do not know if Mr Biarneix's daughter has ever even visited Romania. Her father lives mostly in Bucharest.

Last edited:
I do not know if Mr Biarneix's daughter has ever even visited Romania. Her father lives mostly in Bucharest.

If the michaelist line sees itself as the future of Romania's monarchy, I would set up a program to introduce the logic future "thronefollower" -Karina Medforth-Mills - to Romanian society. If the lady in question has no any interest whatsoever in the Romanian monarchy, tja..., then they have to introduce Elisabeth... It is all quite unclear.

We will see. In Ye Olde Times a marriage between Hereditary Prince Alexander von Hohenzollen and Karina Medforth-Mills would be a solution, but that is not realistic in 2016.

None of the two young ladies was seen at events in Romania in the last year and obviously there is no possibility for a marriage with a Hohenzollern Prince after the decision taken in 2011.
The "miguelist Line" has no younger generation envolved in Romania.

None of the two young ladies was seen at events in Romania in the last year and obviously there is no possibility for a marriage with a Hohenzollern Prince after the decision taken in 2011.
The "miguelist Line" has no younger generation envolved in Romania.

A marriage with a Hohenzollern is always possible. Why not? Do you really think that former King Michael of Romania, Prince von Hohenzollern and Queen Anne, Princess de Bourbon de Parme would disapprove when their granddaughter Karina introduces her fiancée Prince Alexander von Hohenzollern to them???

A marriage with a Hohenzollern is always possible. Why not? Do you really think that former King Michael of Romania, Prince von Hohenzollern and Queen Anne, Princess de Bourbon de Parme would disapprove when their granddaughter Karina introduces her fiancée Prince Alexander von Hohenzollern to them???

A reconciliation would be great but Ms Medforth Mills has even met the Hohenzollerns from Siegmaringen?

The King would probably quite disapprove of a marriage between his granddaughter and the son of the man who has in the past aided the Lambrinos in a legal action involving the Royal family and its illegitimate branch.

The Queen would object, too, if she were in such a state of health to be concerned about such matters at all.

It was, after all, the forward thinking Catholic Queen Anne who was one of the big advocates for the change in the succession that was announced in 1998, enacted in 2007, and probably formally recognized by the Romanian parliament (as the King requested) in 2016 when the legislative body approves the law on the Royal House.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Succession formally recognized by the Parliament of the republican state of Romania?

You really think that Prince Alexander, who had nothing to do with Lambrino, and seems a gifted young man studying Economics in Freiburg, would be disapproved by Karina's grandfather???

We speak about a possible marriage that probably will never take place but it's obvious it would be embarasding for the King's Family to accept a marriage with a Hohenzollern Prince after what happened 5 years ago.

She hasn't been seen at public events in Romania for a good while. She won't probably even attend her grandmother's funeral. Is she not interested at all in Romania?

Our fellow poster Marlene informed that when Karina's brother Nicholas lost his role, it was communicated that she would not pursue a role. So the answer seems to be: no, Karina has no interest in "project Romania".

She should have attended the fineral of her grandmother anyway.

Karina does not move in royal circles. She lives in the UK. Her mother and stepfather live in northern England, rather quietly, more middle class ... in 2012 Helen opened a tea shop
https://ellendean.blogspot.com/2012_04_01_archive.html
Karina did not grow up as a royal.

You do not have to be a royal to go to your grandmother's funeral.

It is really sad to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom