Death and Funeral of King Michael, 5th & 16th December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be honest the death of the King surely makes it less likely that the monarchy will be restored - who would want to put his daughter who didn't grow up in the country in the position of Head of State. At least Michael had the right to say he was once King of the country. I think the Romanians are already doing the best thing - having some sort of role for the former RF but keeping a President as Head of State.

I think you're negating the fact that she wasn't even allowed to step foot in the country, you also said "King Michael had the right to say he was once king of the country", well Margareta has since birth been Princess of Romania, even if it is a republic, there was still a royal family, they don't just stop being royal. You've also missed out that the current president didn't even grow up in Romania

I think you're negating the fact that she wasn't even allowed to step foot in the country, you also said "King Michael had the right to say he was once king of the country", well Margareta has since birth been Princess of Romania, even if it is a republic, there was still a royal family, they don't just stop being royal. You've also missed out that the current president didn't even grow up in Romania

According to the last royal Constitution the daughters of the King did not have dynastic rights so being the daughter of the King has nothing to do with the Restoration of Monarchy or with the Headship of the Royal House.
The President grew up in Romania and not abroad.

King Michael was allowed to return to Romania. Some castles and domains were returned. He preferred to stay in far-away Aubonne in the Swiss Alps. So the choice was also voluntarily.

He wanted to return on the Throne but that was not the case because of too much propaganda against Monarchy.

According to the last royal Constitution the daughters of the King did not have dynastic rights so being the daughter of the King has nothing to do with the Restoration of Monarchy or with the Headship of the Royal House.

The President grew up in Romania and not abroad.

The last constitution is void, as the King was head of the house, it was within his rights to change any of the house laws and rightfully he did so without any dispute, both the Hohenzollern dynasty and the cadet branch, Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen seem to accept the fact that she is Head of the House of Romania and heir of the Former Throne of Romania as does the Romanian Government, foreign governments and foreign royal families

King Michael was allowed to return to Romania. Some castles and domains were returned. He preferred to stay in far-away Aubonne in the Swiss Alps. So the choice was also voluntarily.

King Michael's and has families citizenships were restored, the entire Peles Complex consisting of the park, the castles and the hunting lodge was returned as well as Savarsin Palace and Park.
He was quite frail and in Switzerland, the age expectancy as well as healthcare is one of the best in the world

King Michael's and has families citizenships were restored, the entire Peles Complex consisting of the park, the castles and the hunting lodge was returned as well as Savarsin Palace and Park.
He was quite frail and in Switzerland, the age expectancy as well as healthcare is one of the best in the world

He would have certainly returned to the country if Monarchy were restored.

He would have certainly returned to the country if Monarchy were restored.

Of course but you have to remember that he was also ill and quite frail too so either way there would've most probably still been a regency

Of course but you have to remember that he was also ill and quite frail too so either way there would've most probably still been a regency

It us sad he could not live in his country in the last few years of his life.

TVR had different news about the Parastasis today at Curtea de Arges but the other televisions covered the event too.

Except Curtea de Arges any other commemorations at 40 days (since the passing away of the King) in Orthodox, Greek-Catholic or Roman-Catholic churches?

Also the Orthodox in Savarsin organized a Parastasis at 40 days since the King had passed away.

Anyone knows the lady sitting left handside to Nikolae M.M. (wearing a fur hat)?

Anyone knows the lady sitting left handside to Nikolae M.M. (wearing a fur hat)?

The woman is Baroness Alexandra von Holzhausen (daughter of Archduchess Maria Magdalena of Austria, Princes of Tuscany and her husband Baron Hans-Ulrich Von Holzhausen)

Today, December 5, has gone one year from his Majesty King Mihai I's death.. The ceremony will take place in Curtea de Arges, at 12.00.
Crown Princess Margareta, Prince Radu, Princess Elena and her husband, Alexander Nixon, Princess Sofia and Princess Maria attend.
The religious service takes place in the Old Episcopal and Royal Cathedral of the Curtea de Arges Monastery. Former Prince Nicolae is also present, along with his wife, Alina.
Colivă cu chipul Regelui Mihai I și culorile tricolorului. Pomana de un an la Curtea de Argeș _ Click

Last edited:
Some photos, and video of Nicolae and Alina-Maria arriving

Requiem for a year after the death of King Mihai in Monastery Curtea de Arges. Prince Nicolae arrived
At the old Episcopal and Royal Cathedral of the Curtea de Arges Monastery took place on Wednesday the memorial parastasis one year after the death of King Mihai I. The service was attended by Princess Margareta, custodian of the Crown and Prince Radu, Princess Elena and her husband, Alexander Nixon, Princess Sofia and Princess Maria. Prince Nicolae, accompanied by his wife, Alina, arrived at the monastery.
Although a year has passed since the death of the King, tensions within the Royal House have not extinguished. Shortly before noon, Prince Nicolae, grandson of King Mihai, accompanied by his wife, Alina, arrived at the Episcopal and Royal Cathedral of the Curtea de Arges Monastery. Prince Nicolae came as a simple citizen. At the exit of the cathedral, Nicolae said the reunion with his family was moving.
Parastas de un an de la moartea Regelui Mihai, la...

Nicolae at his Facebook
"It's been a year since my grandfather passed on to the eternity. Every day I feel how he watches over us and his memory stays eternal in my soul and me. Rest in peace, Grandpa and King!"

Video, the royal family arriving at 1.14. Also Nicolae and Alina-Maria are shown, and Nicolae is interviewed in the end of the video.

Last edited:
He may have participated as a simple citizen but that's also the case for his stepfather Alexander Nixon; neither of them is a royal highness and both were seated with their royal family members at the front of the church.

This requiem clairly shows that Nicholas is a Romanian Citizen and sadly an Orphan.Mr Nixon was there as Husband such as Prince Radu.

Another video. Nicolae and Alina-Maria are shown first at 3.48, when they go to the car and start to drive to the church, later the royal family arrives. Then they come out from the church and walk to the tombs of king Mihai and queen Ana, Nicolae and Alina-Maria come later than the royal family. At 11.15 Margareta, Radu and the others come out. A little later Nicolae and Alina-Maria come out, they greet the people, Nicolae looks very moved and Nicolae is interviewed.

Again , The Royals ignored totaly Nicholas and Alina. They had to come earlier and left later with flowers. is earsier to interview a Citizen as a Royal.
I still wonder if Nicolas saw his Grandfather at his last moments??

Again , The Royals ignored totaly Nicholas and Alina. [....]

"At the exit of the cathedral, Nicolae said the reunion with his family was moving."

That does not sound at all as "ignored totally" to be fair.

Parastas two years after the passing of King Mihai I was held at the New Archbishop and Royal Cathedral at Curtea de Argeș and was officiated by His Highness the Archbishop Calinic of Argeș and Muscel.

Margareta, Radu, Sofia, Nicolae and Alina-Maria attended.
Photos from Facebook of Arhiepiscopia Argesului Si Muscelului
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a0cfc16a68de77d1eef3a3deb42ca9d9&oe=5E4EC051
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d30bc455bf00b8453c122abdba1e6d1d&oe=5E48837E
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=874e9b27b8755f4d9380116c898c0f24&oe=5E4E53AF
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=59ac76ebb3d90a560e039709d690286e&oe=5E4B0AED
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=85c99ae10972be7461019b6e749f0074&oe=5E8B7F2A

The whole gallery
Slujba de parastas pentru Regele Mihai I... - Arhiepiscopia Argesului Si Muscelului _ Facebook

Last edited:
:previous:
Nicholas and his wife were there. It may be a sign of family reconciliation.

:previous:
Nicholas and his wife were there. It may be a sign of family reconciliation.

Nicolae and Alina-Maria were there also last year when a year had gone from the king's death. They attended the forty-day service and the six months service of the death of king Mihai and they attended also the repatriation of Queen Mother Helen's remains to Romania. So there is nothing strange at their attendance.

Back
Top Bottom