Death & Funeral of Her Majesty, Queen Anne of Romania - 01 August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How can the future of the Romanian royal family be a private matter? As any form of state also monarchies need to have wide public support. Since Karina will not attend her grandmother's funeral and I understood no public role is foreseen, the question is pretty logical and lies at hand.

That brings me to the other side of the family: the Hohenzollerns. Will the Fürst von Hohenzollern and Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia attend?

This is a funeral not a referendum on Monarchy.

We don't know if it is true that the grand children are invited and the other members? are they invited?
Who will be the next heir ? and don't say that it is a privat matter, I never saw that the future of a monarchy is privat, it was never a privat matter, in a monarchy the people have to know who will be the next ruler , it is the less privat matter .

But no matter this family is no more reigning and the people of Romania does not know the former royal family. there is so much misery.

All of the grandchildren were invited.

That brings me to the other side of the family: the Hohenzollerns. Will the Fürst von Hohenzollern and Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia attend?

The foreign royal guests will be announced on Thursday. There is no love lost between the Prince of Hohenzollern and the Romanian Royal House. Georg Friederich has ties to the family. He and his wife were guests at Michael's 90th birthday (as was I).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any relevance to this post with regards to the death of Her Majesty the Queen, or is it just another chance to derogatory label individuals and the Royal Family as a whole?

Derogatory? Half of the family remains absent from the funeral, which raises question marks and pops up new confusion on the future of the Royal House and we can not discuss that?

Then we can be short
- the former Queen will be buried;
- half of her family will not attend;
- two foreign Royal Houses will be represented by one person, so far.

And then we can end the thread?

Last edited:
Duc, it seems that more or less everyone in the family were invited to the funeral. An invitation gives one a choice, either attend or do not attend. For those not attending, it is a matter for them, a private matter and could be for any number of reasons.

There is no confusion as to the future of the Royal House, it remains exactly as it was before Queen Anne died - which is what we are meant to be discussing here - and it's future will not be based upon who does or doesn't attend the funeral.

At the arrival of the airport of the coffin of the late Queen there will be the first Catholic moment of prayer.

The Catholic prayer at the airport will be celebrated in Latin by HE Monsignor Ioan Robu, Roman Catholic Metropolitan of Bucharest. Two other Catholic Bishops present are HE Monsignor Petru Gherghe, Roman-Catholic Bishop of Iasi, and HE Monsignor Cornel Damian, auxiliary Roman Catholic Bishop of Bucharest.
Mr Medforth Mills is not with the rest of the Family at Otopeni.

Last edited:
Elisabeta Maria Biarneix, the daughter of Princess Sophie, was present at the airport.

She was standing next to her aunt Princess Maria during the religious ceremony.

This would be the first time that Mlle Biarneix has ever attended an event in Romania.

Elisabeta Maria Biarneix, the daughter of Princess Sophie, was present at the airport.

She was standing next to her aunt Princess Maria during the religious ceremony.

This would be the first time that Mlle Biarneix has ever attended an event in Romania.

At least one of the five grandchildren of the Queen was there.

The prayers at the airport wwre both in Latin and Romanian.

For those commenting (in several threads) about family who isn't there: what we don't know and what is a possibility is that one or two familymembers are with King Michael during these days....

For those commenting (in several threads) about family who isn't there: what we don't know and what is a possibility is that one or two familymembers are with King Michael during these days....

Irina had some "problems" with the law lately.
I'm not even sure she's allowed to leave the USA.
Plus she was stripped of her royal title by her own father.

There are more family members :flowers:

The only family members present today at Otopeni Airport and at Pekes were Princess Margareta, Princess Elena, Princess Sofia, Princess Maria as well as Ms Biarneix, Prince Radu, and Mr Nixon McAteer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Impressed.
13th August National Mourning Day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom