A potential bride fror HRH Prince Nicolae

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

Heir Apparent
City
Kingdom
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Who do you suppose could be a potential bride for HRh Prince Nicolae of Romania? One of the daughters of Prince Karl of Hohenzollern?A Habsburg Archduchess?Another German Princess?Princess Theodora of Greece?

Isn't His Royal Highness in a relationship with Rebecca Byatt? Also, the Romanian Royal Family does not require equal marriages anymore.

But yes, a German Princess would be a good match. But doubt that this will happen.

But he broke up with Rebecca.

For the moment there is no Statement of the Royal Family concerning a possible marriage of the Prince.

Last edited:
Yes, beautiful couple. I definitely can see her as a Princess of Romania and - who knows - Queen.

She's a bit plump but she is rather pretty.

Haven't you heard? There is no royal family of Romania. Why are these people still called "King and/or Queen"? Do the Romanians want them back?

Haven't you heard? There is no royal family of Romania. Why are these people still called "King and/or Queen"? Do the Romanians want them back?

I heard about a communist coup d'état, and you should get better informed, because there's a Romanian Royal Family, recognized by the Government. The King, The Queen and others members of the Family perform official duties on behalf of the country and there's a monarchist movement, which is getting bigger and stronger.

I think you are the one who haven't heard.

Last edited:
Nobody in Romania doubts about the existence of the Royal Family.
A royal marriage with a foreign Princess could be very helpful to Prince Nicolae for the future of the Dynasty.

Would not a marriage to a Romanian be the best solution for Prince Nicolae? Given his absence from Romania for much of his life (obviously for reasons out of his control), a Romanian from a good family would surely bolster his position in the country.

Is he expected to marry a foreign Princess?

I believe that president Bush is still called president Bush and yet many do not want him back either. King Mihai has every right to use the titles he used when the communists kicked him out. And I am quite sure that his daughter will never use the title 'Queen' after her father passes away.

Is he expected to marry a foreign Princess?

Princess Margarita married a commoner (Mr Radu Duda). She is in line of succession.

Princess Elena married a commoner (Mr Robin Medforth-Mills). She is in line of succession.

Princess Irina married a commoner (Mr John Kreuger). She is in line of succession.

Princess Sophie married a commoner (Mr Alain Biarneix). She is in line of succession.

So the answer on your question is: no, Prince Nicholas is not expected to marry a foreign Princess. He can marry anyone as long he gets permission from the head of the royal family.

I think Prince Nicolae has become quite an eligible bachelor if recent photos are anything to go by and, more importantly, by the excellent way he has taken on the role of royal prince these last few years. It shows great strength of character and commitment on his part. As such, I have rest hopes that he will find a very lovely, suitable woman to become his wife one day. Whether she is Romanian, English or whatever, she will embrace the beauty and charms of Romania and its people and be an asset to the royal family.

A marriage to a Romanian woman could cost Prince Nicholas the lost of every hope to ever become King. A marriage to a European Princess could bring insteat a great interest in the Royal Family.

Last edited:
A marriage to a Romanian woman could cost Prince Nicholas the lost of every hope to ever become King. A marriage to a European Princess could bring insteat a great interest in the Royal Family.

Why would his marrying a Romanian cost him the throne? A smart, poised, confident and pretty Romanian consort, one who knew her place was ultimately to support the Prince in his role, such as Prince Philip does for Queen Elizabeth or the Empress of Japan does for the Emperor, would bring him even closer to his people, I would think. Please explain.

How about HRH marry for love -especially being that he has already stated he would only marry for love! Unless he falls in love with blue blood, I think its safe to say that he will go with his heart, rather than "duty".

Plump... How sad! When will people realize that the world comes in all shapes and sizes, and all looks! Why must she be less than "plump"?

A marriage to a European Princess will be really helpful to the cause of Monarchy.

But the people may appreciate if he marries an ethnic Romanian girl. Now many crown princes married women from their country, not taking in consideration titles or everything about it.

I don't know feelings and opinions of most Romanian people, but I doubt they will be disappointed if Nicolae marries a woman from non-aristocratic background.

Besides all, princess Margareta's husband is not aristocrat and he is Romanian, if I'm not wrong.

No Romanian marriage was ever popolar in Romania.

It may be time for the people of this country to appreciate a Romanian girl. Otherwise, one might think they do not like themselves or their culture.

A marriage to a Romanian will not help the cause of Monarchy.

Last edited:
Which Romanian noble families have eligible daughters that could be a potential bride for Prince Nicolae?

Their families have noble Romanian roots but they likely do not live there. They are daughters of heirs to titles so they also should have other young female relatives.

Marica Cantacuzino (79)
Sophie Mavrocordato (83)
Zoé Bibesco-Bassaraba de Brâncoveanu (85)
Nina Soutzo (87)

Today prince Constantin Brâncoveanu, professor Avinoam Șafran, playwriter David Esrig, Bogdan Olteanu, Florin Georgescu, ambassador Philippe Gustin, Simina Mezincescu, Andrew Popper, Adrian Vasiliu, dr. Jonathan Eyal, Constanța Iorga, Irina Schrotter, ambassador Răduța Matache, Victoria McDonaugh, Lady Francesca Crocetta will receive different decorations.HRH Prince Nicolae will be present for thos occasion at Peles Castle with his aunt and uncle in the same day Prince Carol I became King

He was with a Prince Constantin Brâncoveanu (maybe one born in 1991 son of Mihai Bibesco-Bassaraba Prince de Brancovan/Bettina Funck-Brentano) recently so maybe there are some Brâncoveanus in Romania.

Last edited:
No Brancoveanu members live in Romania now.

Would a marriage with a Princess raise more support for Mr Medforth Mills?

Royal marriages typically always garner affection and attention for the two people involved.

In the case of Romania, it seems that many people are already very fond of Nicholas: they took him to heart. I doubt the Romanians would care whether or not he married a royal or a noble or a commoner. The main factor that most would likely care about was that the prince had found someone with whom to share life.

Surely all would wish for him the kind of strong bond that existed between his grandparents, King Michael and Queen Anne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom