90th Birthday Celebrations of HM King Michael (25 October 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two Monarchs , One Queen Consort.
Nobody from the Royal Courts from Britain, Norway, Denmark the Netherlands and the House of Monaco.

I really like the guest list. Many are not reigning but bring a regal aura which some reigning houses doesn´t have anymore.

It is a wonderful list and surely many other Royal Families sent greetings to HM King Mihai I.

The most important thing is the fact Hm King Mihai I is loved by His people and by the european Royals.He is an important symbol.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great gathering of royals this will be! Will there be a tiara event? If so I hope well see the Savoy-Aosta tiara as its been a while since its been work in public. Also would be nice to se the Duchess of Braganza in one of her tiaras other then the bandeau one.

I wonder which tiara will wear Princess Alexandre of Belgium ?

Is the Royal gathering tonight or later this week?

Does anyone know if will be present anyone from a British royal family?

and we are all in the same hotel

Today will begin to arrive members of Royal Families from all over Europe but also from Asia to participate at HM King Mihai I's Jubilee.

It is a formal event -- perhaps some women may wear tiaras .. but it was not on the invitation

What a great gathering of royals this will be! Will there be a tiara event? If so I hope well see the Savoy-Aosta tiara as its been a while since its been work in public. Also would be nice to se the Duchess of Braganza in one of her tiaras other then the bandeau one.

Is Queen Anne attending any of the celebations or is her health to poor to allow her to attend?

Thank you for the link!
Although I do not understand the language,I am glad I could see this event.

This is something wonderful!

The speech of HM King Mihai I in from of the Parliament:

Familia Regala - Activitati curente

The speech of His Majesty King Michael I « Romania. Altfel

"I cannot address the nation without speaking about the Royal Family and its importance in the life of the nation. The Royal Crown is not a symbol of the past, but a unique embodiment of our independence, sovereignty and unity. The Crown is a reflection of the State in its historical continuity and of the Nation in its evolution. The Crown has consolidated Romania through loyalty, courage, respect, probity and modesty."( HM King Mihai I before a joint assembly of the Parliament of Romania, the 25th of October 2011)

HM King Mihai had spoken in the romanian Parliament in 1946 and then he hasn't spoken until today:

VideoNews :: Video :: Regele Mihai a vorbit din nou în Parlamentul României dup

Videos with HM King Mihai I and the Royal Family at the Parliament in Bucharest:

VideoNews :: Video :: Regele Mihai a ajuns la Parlament, unde va sus

http://videonews.antena3.ro/action/...t-regele-mihai-din-partea-camerei-deputatilor

http://videonews.antena3.ro/action/...laudat-minute-in-sir-la-palatul-parlamentului

http://videonews.antena3.ro/action/...-putem-avea-viitor-fara-sa-respectam-trecutul

Thie evening from 5 p.m. (Romanian hour) Antena 3 will broadcast in direct the royal event in Bucharest:

Antena 3 LIVE TV

VideoNews :: Video :: Regele Mihai: Nu putem avea viitor, f

Antena 3 (the most watched news Television in Romania) will dedicate much of today program to the King's Day:

Urm
http://videonews.antena3.ro/action/...in-nou-in-parlamentul-romaniei-dupa-65-de-ani

It's a bit of a poor show that Norway, Denmark, Sweden and the UK aren't sending a representative to the party tonight. I call that rather unkind.

HM King Karl Gustav XVI and HM Queen Silvia are in Bucharest for the Jubilee of Hm King Mihai I.

HM King Karl Gustav XVI and HM Queen Silvia are in Bucharest for the Jubilee of Hm King Mihai I.

I stand corrected. And happily so. No UK or Norwegian representatives though? It's very strange. Maybe we just havent had it publicized yet.

It's a bit of a poor show that Norway, Denmark, Sweden and the UK aren't sending a representative to the party tonight. I call that rather unkind.
I share the same opinion,it was a surprise for me.Did anyone attend from Monaco(maybe not all guests are mentioned in the previous list)?

Surely Britain could have sent someone? I assumed Prince Michael would attend, he loves this kind of thing.

Does anyone from Dutch royal family attend this event?

Nobody from the British Royal family, Dutch Royal Family, Norway Royal family, Dannish Royal Family or from the Princely Family of Monarco attends.

"I cannot address the nation without speaking about the Royal Family and its importance in the life of the nation. The Royal Crown is not a symbol of the past, but a unique embodiment of our independence, sovereignty and unity. The Crown is a reflection of the State in its historical continuity and of the Nation in its evolution. The Crown has consolidated Romania through loyalty, courage, respect, probity and modesty."( HM King Mihai I before a joint assembly of the Parliament of Romania, the 25th of October 2011)
Wonderful words and it's amazing to see this unfold. Thankyou Cory for all your updates! To hear these words coming from the King is very moving considering how long he was kept away from his homeland. I wondered whether he would make reference to the monarchy and it's role in modern Romania and I'm glad that he has.

Nobody from the British Royal family, Dutch Royal Family, Norway Royal family, Dannish Royal Family or from the Princely Family of Monarco attends.
This is a really poor show. A brief look through the engagements of the families listed shows that they all have at least two members of the family to send. All of them send invitations to the Romanian Royal Family and Crown Princess Margarita usually attends, it wouldn't hurt to return the compliment.

Thanks Cory for all you are doing in this board for the Royal Family of Romania.
Great pictures of a Monarch his wife and his family.
May I ask was the President of Romania this morning for King Mihai istoric discurs ?

Hardly unkind - all of the royal guests are at the hotel .. not the palace. If the prince of Wales, who was in Romania a few months ago, were here, the security would be way worse than it is now for Sophia and for the Swedes. It is rather low key actually.

...May I ask was the President of Romania this morning for King Mihai istoric discurs ?
The president boycotted the speech ... he has said some unkind things about Michael, for example, calling the abdication a betrayal of Romanian people ...
We watched the speech in the hotel, the restaurant was open only for Michael's guests ... very moving

This is a really poor show. A brief look through the engagements of the families listed shows that they all have at least two members of the family to send. All of them send invitations to the Romanian Royal Family and Crown Princess Margarita usually attends, it wouldn't hurt to return the compliment.
You have no idea what you are talking about ... you are not one of the guests. You have no idea what the security would be if the Prince of Wales was here ... he was in Romania a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom