Prince Kardam seriously injured in Madrid car accident, August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been any announcements/updates from the family about his condition?

With the extent of the Prince's injuries in that he had to be kept in a medically induced coma for weeks after the accident, his recovery is going to take a long time and it's possible that he may never regain the health he had before the accident. We can only hope. I'm sure that the Princess cannot remember anything from the crash. It's a tragic occurence for the entire family.

I didn't realize his injuries were so extensive. I wish him a complete recovery.

I hope prince Kardam is recovering completely from his injuries. All the people in the BRF are very nice and pleasant.Thanks for the photos of Prince Kubrat and family at the beach.

Prince Kardam - update

Prince Kardam of Bulgaria in critical condition

According to this article dated 2 February 2010, on January 23 Prince Kardam was admitted to Conxo Hospital in Galicia, Spain.
The Prince was admitted with a high temperature and respiratory problems.
His condition has deteriorated. Prince Kardam shows no signs of movement in his body and is connected to several machines.
He remains in a critical condition.

Santiago | El príncipe Kardam de Bulgaria sigue en estado grave en el Provincial | El Correo Gallego - Diario de la Capital de Galicia

Automatic Translation
Google Traducir

The report states that Princess Miriam is currently staying with Prince Kardam in his room at the hospital, accompanied by a personal assistant.

It seems that Princess Miriam and Prince Kardam moved some time ago to Galicia in order that Kardam could follow an intensive treatment in a clinic specializing in these kind of patients.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a good development. Any form of relapse after an accident of this nature, does not bode well. Have taken a 'particular interest' in this case since my Mother was involved in a car accident last year {fyi she is well and about 89% of her former self). I had hoped for such a recovery in the Princes case as well.

Oh my, this is not good news. As so happens a respiratory infections sets in and it usually is devestating to the body's system. Time will tell what happens.:sad:

Hopefully the Prince will recover from this setback.

From this article, is it safe to assume that the Prince has been in a comatose state ever since the accident? How awful. The poor family.

:previous:
No, see earlier posts, including this quote from January 2009:
"Kardam is currently at home and has been responding well to physical therapy and rehabilitation procedures. With great effort on his part he is now able to stand up and to communicate with his wife Miriam Ungria and his children, the same sources further state."

From our blog:

Prince Kardam Released from Hospital

bulgaria_small.gif
Though only two days ago the Spanish newspaper ‘El Correo Gallego’ and Bulgarian Newspaper ‘24 hours’ had alarming reports about the health of prince Kardam of Bulgaria, today magazine ‘Hola!’ writes on their website that prince Kardam has been discharged from the Conxo provinvial hospital in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.

In ‘Hola!’ Kardam’s wife, princess Miriam, says that the prince has been discharged. The prince was taken to the Conxo hospital because of a high fever, combined with a severe kidney infection and respiratory problems.

According to the princess, her husband continues to recover from the brain damage he suffered due to a car accident in 2008. The recovery goes in slow steps, the prince and his family moved to the town of Teo in Gallicia where prince Kardam works on his recovery in the medical center FOLTRA. The prince, princess and their two sons moved to the town during last summer and have only returned to Madrid to celebrate christmas.

Gosh, what an ordeal for the family. Those kind of injuries take time to recover, but I´m praying that Prince Kardam will soon regain his health.

I must say that this story sounds much better than the one put out two days ago. The Prince is still not in the best condition and still has a very long and rough road ahead as well as his family.

Hi!

Does anyone knows what´s going on with Kardam? Last week in Svensk damtidning they wrote that he is back in coma. Is that true or is it not?

Marie

At that time, I heard as well that he was back in a coma. I was wondering today how he´s doing right now! Does anybody know how he´s doing recently? Is he still in a coma or not? Who know's!?

Thanks!

Queen Margrethe said months ago, I read that he moved his fingers, but after, I read that the income back into the Hospital. Princess Kalina gave an interview to HOLA magazine and she does not speak of state of Health his brother, I imagine that the situation has not changed.

Thanks for your answer, Beltraneja! I hope he will get beter soon!

So nice of them, they're family after all !:flowers:

They are all Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha.

This is an news article from today (May 9th, 2011) on the condition of crown prince Kardam.

Bulgaria: Bulgarian Prince Health Improves Slightly after 2008 Crash - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency

There is a slight improvement in the physical condition of Crown Prince Kardam, the eldest son of Bulgaria's former King and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg. "We all hope for his recovery, but the family is abstaining from public comments," said a Saxe-Coburg spokesman.

The spokesman Dicheva further explained Princess Miriam had sent their two sons – Boris and Beltran to a boarding school in order to dedicate all her time and attention to her husband. Last summer she remodeled their entire home to fit the needs of the injured prince.

Recently, Simeon told 24 Chasa he was examining the possibility to summon two world-renown neurologists from Sankt Petersburg, Russia, to help with his son's recovery.

This is so sad - please keep us posted. There's virtually no news of it in the regular places I get my news. It seems his condition has been rather grave for quite awhile - it's not as if he's gotten a lot better since the accident. Can someone recount how the accident happened?

Kardam and Miriam his wife, returned to Madrid in his car, jaguard mark, at the entrance of a village near Madrid on a curve the vehicle ran off the road making several turns and crashing with a tree and then again with one house. The Prince was taken in a herlicoptero the hospital, his situation was extremely serious, while Miriam suffered an elbow injury and the neck. Kardam has a severe brain injury from this accident, Miriam recovered from her injuries. He can not communicate and remains immobile.

I'm afraid with the severity of his brain injuries, the Prince won't be any better than he is at present. He may make some small progress, but will never be as he was before his accident.:sad:

Any update on his status? Is he in a coma/vegatative state?

The House of Wettin is definitively unlucky. They suffer very much.

As far as I know he is awake coma. But I do not know details. We pray every day His Majesty to be fine. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom