Prince Kardam seriously injured in Madrid car accident, August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Biri: The House of Saxe Coburg und Gotha had many early death at the last two centuries. It´s like the Braganza´s Curse which occurs in Portugal and Brazil.

Is there any update on his state? Last time I read anything about it, he was unable to move or communicate...

The accident of Prince Kardam and Princess Miriam sounds similar to the one that Prince Guillame(Grand Duke Henri's youngest sibling) and Princess Sybilla had in France years ago. He was in a coma, and she was not seriously injured. He came out of his coma and I believe he is back to his usual self. Let's hope that will happen with Prince Kardam.

Just an awful news the prince condition seem to be getting better than here comes a relapse.I really want him to recover being he has a wife and two young sons that need their father.

No. The Prince is still in coma. There is no danger to his life now.

He is still unconscious, isn't he?

Count Dunkel said:
No. The Prince is still in coma. There is no danger to his life now.

I would say that he is considerable danger of clots in the lungs, due to prolonged immobilization. Eventually one gets big enough to block blood low to the heart, and it's all over.

As yesterday good news from the Dutch Royal House announced a little improvement of Prince Friso's state of health I remembered that we royal watchers have another Prince in coma. It is a big wish from me that Prince Kardam will recover soon and will come back into "our world".

Is the state prince Karam is in the same as that of prince friso?

As yesterday good news from the Dutch Royal House announced a little improvement of Prince Friso's state of health I remembered that we royal watchers have another Prince in coma. It is a big wish from me that Prince Kardam will recover soon and will come back into "our world".

What good news?

There was no "improvement," they just did a closer evaluation of his status and revealed it. People in the public and the press had been saying Friso was in a "coma" but there are more specific states (minimally conscious is what they called him - meaning he can breath without a machine and doesn't need a heart stimulator). There is "inconsistent" cognitive mediation of such things as breathing or moving. They appear, at times, to try and shift their bodies or breath faster when it's hot. They may shake or nod their head when spoken to (although the actual response seems random). They may be able to follow a few simple commands (such as "open your mouth" and "swallow your food.")

This is news - it clarifies what type of coma he's in, but I cannot in my heart call it good news. It must be terribly painful for the family. It is definitely better than a persistent vegetative state - but no one knows if the prognosis is really any better.

I did not know about poor prince Kardam. His injuries sound tremendously serious.

I think of them both often, and of their families - tragic.

When someone is in a coma and they can't communicate in a way that they are understood, it's difficult to know if they are aware of what is going on or if they are in discomfort or in pain. It's possible someone in a coma who has severe injuries to the body could have their mind intact or have some level of understanding of what is going on around them but because of the injuries they suffered can't communicate this.

It's difficult to measure what you can't see or hear as doctor or nurses can only judge on others who have had similiar injuries and what the outcomes of those injuries where.

I pray that Prince Kardam's condition improves and he recovers.

Prince Kardam has died today. Posts about his death have been moved to this thread: Death of Prince Kardam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom