Death, Funeral and Memorial service of Prince Kardam of Bulgaria, 7 Apr / 8 Jun 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad ending for a sad story... he doesn't suffer anymore now.

The Prince was the Heir to the Bulgarian Throne so it is rather strange he won't be buried in Bulgaria.

I think talking about trivialities and making insinuations are quite strange in a situation like this.

I think talking about trivialities and making insinuations are quite strange in a situation like this.

We are speaking about the funeral of a Crown Prince and I do not suppose are "trivialities" to suggest he should be buried in the country where his Family reigned and he should be buried accordind to the traditions of his House.

We have to accompagny with our prayers the last journey of this Prince that could have become King of the Bulgarians.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are speaking about the funeral of a Crown Prince and I do not suppose are "trivialities" to suggest he should be buried in the country where his Family reigned and he should be buried accordind to the traditions of his House.

But to suggest his Family has no interest in Bulgaria is a very unnecessary speculation, if not disrespectful to the King and Queen - and they live in Bulgaria, by the way -, as they just lost their son.

But to suggest his Family has no interest in Bulgaria is a very unnecessary speculation, if not disrespectful to the King and Queen - and they live in Bulgaria, by the way -, as they just lost their son.

I would never be disrespectful to them but this funeral in Madrid won't be seen in Bulgaria as a symbol of a Bulgarian Royal even.

Perhaps the King and Queen decided to follow the wishes of the late Prince and/or his wife. Where do his children live? If they live in Spain, perhaps it was decided that Spain would be the best place for their children [i.e. give them the chance to visit their father's grave].

I tend to believe that the family has a better idea on why they decide to bury the late Prince in Spain than we do.

My deepest condolences to his family.

As has already been said, neither the time nor thread to discuss this in. In other words : Show some respect for God sakes!!

My condolences to his Family and Friends. I can not even imagine the Hell they have been through these close to ten years on now. May Prince Kardem be at Peace. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

As has already been said, neither the time nor thread to discuss this in. In other words : Show some respect for God sakes!!

My condolences to his Family and Friends. I can not even imagine the Hell they have been through these close to ten years on now. May Prince Kardem be at Peace. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Well Said Tiggersk8, RIP Prince Kardam.

i guess kardam was born and always lived in spain, his wife is spanish and so are his sons, so i guess he had a tighter attachment to spain than he possibly did towards bulgaria.

The death of Prince Kardam received extensive coverage in Bulgaria (which goes against the claims of one poster that Bulgarians could not care less). I don't think it is disrespectful to discuss Prince Kardam's funeral arrangements, or what his death might mean for the dynasty, and this thread seems the most suitable place. If some people feel the need for a period of mourning, perhaps a dedicated memorial thread might be worth considering.

Saxe-Coburg Dynasty in Bulgaria

Boris IV is the new Crown Prince

Prince Kardam Tarnovski

Seven Years Waiting

After the Death of Kardam

Who is Prince Kardam Tarnovski?

Death of firstborn son of Simeon Sakskoburggotski

The death of Prince Kardam received extensive coverage in Bulgaria (which goes against the claims of one poster that Bulgarians could not care less). I don't think it is disrespectful to discuss Prince Kardam's funeral arrangements, or what his death might mean for the dynasty, and this thread seems the most suitable place. If some people feel the need for a period of mourning, perhaps a dedicated memorial thread might be worth considering.
Yes, prayers for the next forty days especially important.

Condoleances to the family, what a sad story, similar as for Pc Friso. As for the burial, i m also surprised as king Simeon was openly acccepted in Bulgaria, he has been also Prime Minister for a while. Bulgaria counts a lot for the whole family, so I would expect him to be buried there. Strange

Apart from the immidiate family I recognised the Infanta Margarita,Maria Vladimirovna of Russia, Beatrice d' Orleans and the Infanta Elena.

I'm surprised that Crown Prince Pavlos did not attend. Kardam was godfather to his son Achilleas so I assumed they were friends.

I think in a few days they will organize a more formal funeral in the Orthodox church in Madrid, which will be attended by more family and friends.

Great close family , His wife , his parents and his 2 sons. Respectful Persons.

Among King Simeon 5 "K" Children , are they divorces ?
I don't like ladies wearing sun glasses for funerals.

Only Kyrill is divorced

Are Kirill and Rosario divorced? As far as I remember they have indeed been living separately since 2009 but have not divorced (yet).

Some anonymous person said the spanish media that Kyril and Rosario are separated but they're not divorced and since then, they appeared together on the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden

Miriam Ungria explained to reporters that following the Orthodox tradition they will celebrate a funeral in 40 days.

Miriam Ungria explained to reporters that following the Orthodox tradition they will celebrate a funeral in 40 days.

My condolences to the family. It is a terrible tragedy.

According to the Orthodox church the funeral will be now but the so call "deep mourning" period goes on for 40 days after the funeral. In our church (and I belong to the Bulgarian Orthodox church) there are special memorial services at established times after a death - third, ninth and 40th day being the most major one.

The mother of the late Prince Kardam, Queen Margarita of Bulgaria born Doña Margarita Gómez-Acebo y Cejuela is a first cousin to the late husband of the Infanta Doña Pilar de Borbón y Borbón (sister of King Juan-Carlos). She is a widow to the late Don Luis Gómez-Acebo y Duque de Estrada, Vizconde de la Torre.

This explains the close relationship of the Spanish and Bulgarian royal families and the great hospitality always shown to King Simeon and his family.

Last edited:
My sincere condolences to the family. To lose a child, a sibling, a partner or a parent is the hardest personal tragedy any one of us goes through and whether that loss be through long-term illness, sudden or accidental death, the loss is equally acute. In the case of this particular prince, a "happy release", a somewhat curious phrase in English, seems appropriate in the circumstances. The Prince is released from his suffering and his loved ones are spared further pain seeing him suffer. I hope they are able to draw some comfort in their loss from the knowledge that he is now at peace.

Infante Carlos and wife were there yesterday

I noticed Infante Carlos in a wheelchair yesterday with his wife Princess Anne,he looked very frail.

My sincere condolences to the family. To lose a child, a sibling, a partner or a parent is the hardest personal tragedy any one of us goes through and whether that loss be through long-term illness, sudden or accidental death, the loss is equally acute. In the case of this particular prince, a "happy release", a somewhat curious phrase in English, seems appropriate in the circumstances. The Prince is released from his suffering and his loved ones are spared further pain seeing him suffer. I hope they are able to draw some comfort in their loss from the knowledge that he is now at peace.
I think seeing a loved one suffering is the worst thing in the world.:sad:

The prince was in a coma since August 15th 2008. Last year his father, king Simeon II, told a Dutch tv show: "It is a cross we have to bear". Very sad for his wife, sons, parents and family. May he rest in peace.

In Spanish:
Fallece el pr?ncipe Kardam, hijo mayor de Sime?n de Bulgaria y G?mez-Acebo | www.diariosur.es

I had no idea that it's been over 5 1/2 years! :ohmy: What a cruel fate for him, and how sad for his loved ones.

Thank God he is free now from his failed body.:sad:

Back
Top Bottom