The UAE Royalty 4: August-September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samitude

Courtier
Country
United States
Here is the new thread for the Uae Royalty.

PA, your last post has disappeared!?!?

Originally posted by La la@Aug 5th, 2004 - 2:29 am
PA, your last post has disappeared!?!?
Mine too in other threads...I guess this is due to moving the site to another server...So, LTR is not stable yet...

SM le Roi félicite le Président de l'Etat des Emirats Arabes Unis à l'occasion de l'anniversaire de son accession au pouvoir

Rabat, 05/08/04 - SM le Roi Mohammed VI a adressé un message de félicitations à SA Cheikh Zayed Ben Soltane Al Nahyane, Président de l'Etat des Emirats Arabes Unis, à l'occasion du 38ème anniversaire de son accession au pouvoir.

Dans ce message, SM le Roi exprime au Président émirati Ses chaleureuses félicitations et Ses sincères voeux de santé et de bonheur, souhaitant davantage de progrès et de prospérité pour le peuple frère des Emirats Arabes Unis.

Le Souverain exprime également la fierté du Maroc, Roi, gouvernement et peuple, pour les liens de fraternité et l'amitié sincère unissant traditionnellement les deux pays, soulignant Son souci de les maintenir solides et étroits dans l'intérêt des deux peuples frères.

SM le Roi souligne, par ailleurs, Sa considération pour le rôle positif joué par SA Cheikh Zayed en faveur de la Nation arabe ainsi que Ses remerciements pour l'intérêt et le soutien qu'il accorde au plan marocain de développement global.

Tout en assurant le Président émirati de la fidélité aux liens d'amitié sincères qui L'unissent à sa personne et qui unissent les deux pays frères, SM le Roi réitère Sa détermination à poursuivre l'action, de concert avec SA Cheikh Zayed, en vue de renforcer les relations de coopération fructueuse et la solidarité agissante établies entre le Maroc et l'Etat des Emirats Arabes Unis.

Le Souverain conclut son message en implorant le Tout Puissant d'accorder davantage de succès et longue vie au Président émirati, de le combler de santé et de bonheur et de l'entourer ainsi que son illustre famille de ses bienfaits infinis.

Originally posted by pallas athina@Aug 5th, 2004 - 1:27 pm
I wondered what happened to it.
There's a clear resemblance between LTR and Yahoo chat these days. :shifty:

Arab leaders congratulate Zayed

Arab leaders congratulate Zayed Abu Dhabi, Aug. 7, 2004 (WAM)-- H.H. President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan has received cables of congratulations from Arab leaders on the 38th Accession Day. President Mohammed Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, King Mohammed VI of Morocco, King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain, Syrian President Bashar Al Assad, Sheikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince and Commander General of the Bahrain Defence Force and Jordanian Crown Prince Hamza bin Al Hussein.

Thanks Gusto! I had no clue it was Sheikh Zayed's day.

The following sheikhas are missing and I hope it's not Mo's men this time.

1. Sheikha QueenB
2. Sheikha Guess Who
3. Sheikha Houri
4. Sheikha Pallas Athina
5. Sheikha Noura

.. and the list goes on. Girls, please let me know whether it is the CID or you, sparing your semantic energy for Haya's forthcoming appearance for Halloween.

Hi....

La la said:

1. Sheikha QueenB
2. Sheikha Guess Who
3. Sheikha Houri
4. Sheikha Pallas Athina
5. Sheikha Noura

.. and the list goes on. Girls, please let me know whether it is the CID or you, sparing your semantic energy for Haya's forthcoming appearance for Halloween.
Hi...SOrry everyone I have been soo busy lately and travelling, If there is anything you would like to know about or to confirm anything please let me know and i would be soo happy to help anyone out.

Welcome back Sheikha Guess Who! We're happy you're back and can answer our questions. :)

GW: what is the latest on Ramadan this year? Big parties in the tent or quite solemn reflection?????

(By the way, if you say Big Parties-I'M COMING!!!!)

.....edited comment below.....

I read somewhere that New Years Eve there is going to be a huge bash on the Palm but the organizers have yet to sell enough tickets. Have you heard anything????

Guess Who said:
Hi...SOrry everyone I have been soo busy lately and travelling, If there is anything you would like to know about or to confirm anything please let me know and i would be soo happy to help anyone out.

Last edited:
Did I just see a Sheikh in the Olympics in the trap finals?

Ahmed al Maktoum, who's he related to? There's another al Maktoum there too, Saeed, whom I haven't spotted yet but he's married anyway so we're not interested ;)

sheikh ahmad, is sheikh maktoums son... sheikh mohamed bin rasheds nephew....
he did quite well today , came 4th though :-(

Driven said:
Did I just see a Sheikh in the Olympics in the trap finals?

Ahmed al Maktoum, who's he related to? There's another al Maktoum there too, Saeed, whom I haven't spotted yet but he's married anyway so we're not interested ;)

*Lol* Thanks for directing my attention that way (to the Olympics). I've actually never seen any of them on television, except Tamim and Mo. :)

Party / Ramadan

Ipi Tombe said:
GW: what is the latest on Ramadan this year? Big parties in the tent or quite solemn reflection?????

(By the way, if you say Big Parties-I'M COMING!!!!)

.....edited comment below.....

I read somewhere that New Years Eve there is going to be a huge bash on the Palm but the organizers have yet to sell enough tickets. Have you heard anything????

Well ramadan might start in the middle of October and end mid-novemeber. Usuallay no parties take place during the holly month. Small dinner parties do take place in homes.
I havent heard about the palm parties for new year.

I know they are not 'called' parties...that would be very bad.:( ;)

But the scene late at night at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is usually anything but quite & solemn.

One year, Ramadan festivites were supposed to be toned down and they were-considerably. Muslims were getting booted out of bars and the Ramadan tents were considerably more somber than the year before. But that was bad for business.....

Guess Who said:
Well ramadan might start in the middle of October and end mid-novemeber. Usuallay no parties take place during the holly month. Small dinner parties do take place in homes.
I havent heard about the palm parties for new year.

happygolucky said:
sheikh ahmad, is sheikh maktoums son... sheikh mohamed bin rasheds nephew....
he did quite well today , came 4th though :-(
Thanks for the info!

Today he won the double trap with a new Olympic record, congratulations! :)

La La, you still beat me as Mr Gold Medallist is the only one I've seen on TV ;)

Yippee

if i could put a million happy face icons and hand clapping icons here-i would.

congrats, Shk Ahmed!!!! You deserve it!!!!!

Driven said:
Thanks for the info!

Today he won the double trap with a new Olympic record, congratulations! :)

La La, you still beat me as Mr Gold Medallist is the only one I've seen on TV ;)

Congrats!

But his name is Sheikh Ahmad bin Hasher al Maktoum. He is related to Sheikha Hind somehow, don't remember how. Think he's her cousin. Oh, and Sheikha Hind is of course, as we all know, the wife of our beloved Mo.

The other UAE shooter is Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum al Maktoum.

One of your Al Maktoums

Ahmad Ben Hashr ALMAKTOUM, 40, won his gold medal in Men's Double Trap by scoring 189.

Attachments

• almaktoum1.jpg
    almaktoum1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 389
  • almaktoum2.jpg
    almaktoum2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 426
Hi....... I've been all over the place.... hehehe, nope, no sign of Mo's men anywhere......
La la said:

1. Sheikha QueenB
2. Sheikha Guess Who
3. Sheikha Houri
4. Sheikha Pallas Athina
5. Sheikha Noura

Humble, thanks for posting the pics!!!! My Mom read about him in the newspaper yesterday and mentioned Ahmed from Dubai - I thought it was the muscular one until she said it was the 'cousin of the ruler of Dubai...'
Jeez that man is ugly! Figures, they take Jassim's pictures from far away and dare to take a picture of that Ahmed, 40, up close... wonder if he has a waterbed.... hehehehe

Humble said:
Ahmad Ben Hashr ALMAKTOUM, 40, won his gold medal in Men's Double Trap by scoring 189.

Welcome back home Sheikha QueenB! As for your comment on Mr.Goldmedallist, you read my mind. :) I had no clue he existed!

I'd read several times about the Sheikh Ahmed - he's mentioned often especially anything related to horses - at least here he is... but I figured it was The one and only Ahmed - I thought, 'wow, he gets around.... he's everywhere...' now I know it's but another Ahmed....

Jassim should take up an Olympic sport, like swimming...... I'd watch that over and over again - and I wouldn't complain that the Olympics is waay too long...... I'd even sit through those gymnastics and volleyball events.....
La la said:
Welcome back home Sheikha QueenB! As for your comment on Mr.Goldmedallist, you read my mind. :) I had no clue he existed!

Jassim....Swimming.....Oh how sweet the day.......

QueenB said:
I'd read several times about the Sheikh Ahmed - he's mentioned often especially anything related to horses - at least here he is... but I figured it was The one and only Ahmed - I thought, 'wow, he gets around.... he's everywhere...' now I know it's but another Ahmed....

Jassim should take up an Olympic sport, like swimming...... I'd watch that over and over again - and I wouldn't complain that the Olympics is waay too long...... I'd even sit through those gymnastics and volleyball events.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom