The UAE Royalty 1: May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Layla,

Are you from the UAE? Thank You so much for sharing all this info and these photos with us. It is very much appreciated. Please continue to share more....

Silver Charm,

I read somewhere that some Sheikhs have air-conditioned stables for the horses? Is that true?

I think Tamim of Qatar is a hottie.

There were articles in the news in England that the runaway then kidnapped Princess had retained a lawyer and was apparently trying to have her father brought up on charges that he kidnapped her (she was a legal adult). I don't know what became of case. I don't think it looks to well for Haya's future.

Silver charm: how are the horses groomed? I thought they get state-of-the-art grooming, as each one costs so many million dollars.

Chanel: no I am not from the UAE but travel there quite a bit (both business and pleasure). I love the place, people, and have so many Emirati friends... and hence my limited knowledge on the UAE royal family.

Yes the horses live in air conditioned stables. But so do most of the horses in the UAE. Endurance horses don't (as far as I know) because a part of their training is being acclimated to the hostile conditions of the desert.

But regarding the grooming...they are groomed, trained and cared for utilizing the most up to date methods, techniques and equipment possible. But the actual way the horses hair is cut is quite ugly (in my opinion). The mane is cut in a blunt straight line all the way down the horses neck about 6-8 inches from where the horse's hair comes out of the skin. Also the tail is cut bluntly. In female haircutting terms-they are given a 'blunt' cut. Whereas most of us ohhhh and ahhhhhh photos of horses whose tail grows and appears to be natural (not all in a straight line). Of course you have to cut the mane and tail to keep the horses healthly. But if the tail is left 'natural' it looks quite majestic flowing behind the horse at full gallop whereas when it's in a blunt cut it looks like a geometric puzzle piece. Of course the horses are beautiful at full gallop anyways but it just looks quite weird. Also I used to use the same picture framer as the royal family. Shka Hind & Mo's daughter's have the same blunt cut to their bangs and the back of her hair.

All the these runaways sheikhas and princess who are trying to sue their families won't be able to due to soveriegn immunity of the family.

Example of horses grooming.....

http://www.godolphin.com/nashama/zone_champions.asp

Click on the picture under the title.....

BACHIR (IRE) - 1997 b c Desert Style / Morning Welcome

You will see the mane is fanned out in a straight line just under the jockey's face and the tail looks like a wedge. Of course, it's obvious this horse is super fit and incredibly well trained.

I watched Sulamani win at Longchamp. Absolute beauty and majesty.

If anyone wants my complete and uncensored opinion on why Shk Hamdan bin Rashid al Maktoum is the better brother when it comes to racing....just stick your head out of a window in Toronto and listen for the deranged rantings of a mad woman.

I see what you mean silver charm. The cuts look as if they were done with a ruler.

Horses definitely look more majestic with a long mane and tail, but the godolphin horses (Bachire in particular) looks kind of retarded with that cut. :rolleyes:

Here is a history of the Dubai rulers:

www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/english/dubai/dubai_almaktoum.asp

Rulers of Dubai

Maktoum bin Buti (1833-1852)
Saeed bin Buti (1852-1859)
Hasher bin Maktoum (1859-1886)
Rashid bin Maktoum (1886-1894)
Maktoum bin Hasher (1894-1906)
Buti bin Suhail (1906-1912)
Saeed bin Maktoum (1912-1958)
Rashid bin Saeed (1958-1990)
Maktoum bin Rashid (1990-present)

Is it true that Sheihk Hamdan bin Mohd of Dubai's brother Rashid is died? :huh:

No the prince who died was Sheikh Rashid bin Maktoum (son of the present ruler of Dubai: Sheikh Maktoum) in a car crash a few years ago.

Does anyone know (about) how many kids Sheikh Zayed, the President, has? How young are his younger children--adolescents, teenagers, in their 20s, etc? Or how many wives he has had and currently has?

I think Baba Zayed has 33 sons. How many daughters he has, I don't know. Fatima bin Mubarak, who is his fav wife and considered the First Lady, is his fifth wife with whom he had 9 kids.

But that did not stop him from "acquiring" more wives unlike his neighbour the late ruler of Dubai Sheikh Rashid who stuck to his beloved Latifa as Layla mentioned his entire life. I read that Sheikh Zayed had 14 wives in a book that I read, from the late 70's.

I think some of his children are as young as in their 20's (Baba Zayed is 86).

How old is Sheikh Hazza?

There is a photo that hangs in many shops of Dubai with all the sons of Shk Zayed. There is a alot of them. I've heard rumors of close to a hundred kids (male and female). But you never know.

I don't know the age of Shk Hazza but he looks to be in his 30's.

Also regarding the Maktoums. People in the Dubai always talk about Shk Rashid was a nice man & good business man and he had one wife he loved and was a dedicated father. This is why the kids are such excellent business men and leaders today. Whereas the current crop of sheiks (Mo-ness and brothers), have nannies raising their kids and disposable wives. Generally EVERYONE I met in the Emirates thought Shk Rashid was a visionary and a saint. His kids are considered professionally quite astute but not nearly as desireable personally. I read an interview with Shk Mo where he responded to a question about the similarities between him and his father. He said they both 'had beards'. I thought this was a disrespectful and flippant answer.

Anyone who know anything about Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed? :blush: Is he Fatimas son?

Sheikh Rashid was a visionary and he laid the whole infrastructure of Dubai all those years ago. What his children did was build on that. I heard from an Indian doctor in Dubai that when he started working in a public hospital in Dubai, he was visited by a "local" at 7 a.m. sharp. The "local" stopped his car at the entrance, and doctor (who happened to be passing by) told him off! He told him this is a hospital and you are not allowed to park here. All of a sudden, everyone came storming out of the hospital telling the doctor off, because the local was none other than Rashid himself. The doc said he was so petrified that he started packing his stuff etc. The next day, he got called by his boss and thinking the worst, he took his resignation letter with him. He said not only was he not reprimanded but he was given a raise because of his dedication!

When Sheikh Rashid passed away, a one minute silence was announced at the UN. That is quite something especially for a small sheikhdom.

I once read a book about the Shah, and it said that the only Sheikh the Shah treated with respect was Sheikh Rashid. Apparently with the others he had a very condescending attitude (which is not nice at all). He was quoted as saying that "you cannot but respect Sheikh Rashid".

La la & pallas athina: Hamdan is Fatima's son. I don't know how many kids Sheikh Zayed has in total but as silver charm mentioned, there is a picture of him with all his sons. Let's just say that the picture is landscape and not portrait :rolleyes: . I can't find the picture online.

Zayed's last wife is from the prominent Kitbi tribe and some of her sons are Mansour, Saeed, Saif and.... forgot the last one.

I have read in the Western press that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid is the defacto ruler of Dubai. Given the power structure, how likely is it that one day one of his sons will become ruler? If so, which one is currently leading the running?

He is the defacto ruler. However I think the next in line is Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum (the current ruler's son) and not SMo's kids.

If one of Mo-ness sons will rule the sheikhdom, I think it will be Hamdan. :winkiss:

I think Hamdan is his favourite. Some years back, Sheikh Mohammed had a link to a beautiful poem written by Hamdan bin Mohammed and there is also a poem by Sheikh Mohammed 'Oh victorious arrow' dedicated to his son Hamdan (so cute). He has brilliant equestrian skills and is also the Chairman of the Board of the Establishment for Young Business Leaders. He makes his parents proud! :clap:

I thought the same. In a lot of the pictures on WAM in recent months, it's been Hamdan attending events with Sheikh Mohammed. If Rashid were there, I'd think they'd show him too.

Originally posted by Layla@May 11th, 2004 - 7:58 pm
He is the defacto ruler. However I think the next in line is Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum (the current ruler's son) and not SMo's kids.
Any pictures?

Yesterday in www.elaph.com
announced that the Marraige of sh. Manal bint Mouhammed bin Rashid Dubai Crown prince To the sh. Mansour Bin Zayd will take place very soon.
Acc. to elaph it is the 1st time for the UAE royal family to annouce the marraige of one of the family members normally such news are very private.

Originally posted by Layla@May 11th, 2004 - 5:00 pm

Let's just say that the picture is landscape and not portrait   :rolleyes: .
:D

Is there any homepage similar to WAP and/or elaph in English as I can not read Arabic?

What about Sh Mohammed's younger brother Sh Ahmed who is also 'officially' single? The one who sleeps in a giant remote-controlled bed placed amid three small islands that he vascillates/oscillates to and fro, in his bedroom? Is he also married to a non-Emirati?

Bubette: I doubt very much it's a love marriage. The Sheikh is VERY powerful in Abu Dhabi (not to mention loaded). That should overcome the looks :rolleyes: .

La la: will look for some pages in English. As to Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid.... he keeps a very low profile and does not get involved in politics. As to his remote control bed etc. that is new to me. He has a beautiful palace in black marble on the beach. He's very loyal to his friends too and has built them all villas (quite fancy ones) right beside his palace. That's the limit of my information.

Layla: You got it wrong girl about shayk ahmed rashid livin in the black palace, thats shayk saeed hasher...he lives futher on down the freeway but its on the beach, the black palace isnt even on the beach!!!

So, what does Sheikh Mansour do? Does he have a minister post like the other bin Zayed kids? Did they mention anything how much mahr she got? (Just curious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom