Sheikh Mohammed's Children 7: June 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually he made a couple of mistakes that he should not have done espacially since he was reading from a paper

http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/vgn...eoId=b9462fbf0bae8110VgnVCM1000007064a8c0RCRD

I think it is Sheikh Majid speaking at a big event,it´s in Arabic,so maybe someone can translate what he´s saying? (Thanks!)

He started welcoming Sheikh Mohammed and then gave a brief description on Sheikh Mohammed's vision and the start of the new project.

actually he made a couple of mistakes that he should not have done espacially since he was reading from a paper

I thought he read it perfectly and quite calmly with no hesitation in his speech.

His classic arabic is good

I wouldn't say that is classic arabic, its more of a proper UAE accent/speech he gave.
Classic arabic sounds a bit different.

Last edited:
Ok i just heard that Maryam ((2nd one)) got engaged like yesterday or today.. any info? :)

"Congratulations *ring *blushing*" this is what she put on her twitter

I wouldn't say that is classic arabic, its more of a proper UAE accent/speech he gave.
Classic arabic sounds a bit different.
He was reading an arabic classic speech, but his accent is more emirati.
I still dont understand why they dont pronouce classic arabic properly in their speeches, and most emiratis have that problem IMO!

He was reading an arabic classic speech, but his accent is more emirati.
I still dont understand why they dont pronouce classic arabic properly in their speeches, and most emiratis have that problem IMO!

because of the accent and slightly different words that are used.
Its like how the Americans and British have different accents even the Australians and they all speak English :)
Arabic is the same, North African countries all talk slightly different, Gulf countries talk slightly different, the classic arabic isn't used in daily life much.

I´m just glad I don´t have to do a speech in front of you;-) You are judging him very rigid,but I have to believe you because I don´t speak Arabic!
I don´t think that a local accent/dialect is anything bad as long as you can still understand what the speaker is trying to say IMO.
At least it tells where you come from,what kind of education you received and locals can better relate to it- more than if you speak in a posh,pretentious way so that everybody thinks you are an arrogant person....I once met a guy who was speaking so unblemished German pronouncing every syllable perfectly and using antiquated words that you just find in 200-year old books that I really had to pull myself together not to jump into his face even though I also speak proper German...to me it is more comfortable to listen to someone who speaks effortlessly and "normal";-)

I´m just glad I don´t have to do a speech in front of you;-) You are judging him very rigid,but I have to believe you because I don´t speak Arabic!
I don´t think that a local accent/dialect is anything bad as long as you can still understand what the speaker is trying to say IMO.
At least it tells where you come from,what kind of education you received and locals can better relate to it- more than if you speak in a posh,pretentious way so that everybody thinks you are an arrogant person....I once met a guy who was speaking so unblemished German pronouncing every syllable perfectly and using antiquated words that you just find in 200-year old books that I really had to pull myself together not to jump into his face even though I also speak proper German...to me it is more comfortable to listen to someone who speaks effortlessly and "normal";-)

Do you mean I am judging him?
If so, I don't recall my posts judging anyone :)

So will they announce the engagement publicly or will it be a private thing:whistling:???

usually private until wedding date is set, even then its usualy till a month or two befor the wedding

Haha,I would really like to meet all of you in real life one day,I think we could have a lot of fun together;-)
Everybody has the right to his own opinion and I don´t bother if anyone is having a different opinion than me,I am not too serious about what I write on TRF,I sometimes I employ Mr Sarcasm and Lady Irony so when I say "I´m just glad I don´t have to do a speech in front of you;-)" I´m just kidding,you are probably right with what you say about his Arabic,I don´t know!It doesn´t seem to bad if you don´t know what he´s talking about,at least he doesn´t move his hands around too much or make silly gestures.The speeches are probably always some kind of "Oh, my father is such a great man and I´m so honoured to follow his example,he´s my inspirer and I am happy to do everything he asks me to and even if he´s asking me to marry my fat,ugly,silly cousin I will be happy to oblige because I want to do everything to live up to his expectations and make him proud of me..." Haha,somehow i feel sorry for these quys who still need to do everything their parents want to do after they are 18 years old,maybe they have to pay back all the money their father spent on their schooling,food and living and they won´t get out of this contract till they are 50 cause they always got the most expensive stuff and went to the most exclusive places...!Ok,sorry, I guess my imagination is taking off now,do you think that the Al Maktoum boys can keep the prize money they get for their endurance races/show jumping or other jobs for themselves or do they have to hand it in? I noticed that Mohammeds children always give their medals to him after they win something,it´s a nice gesture but still I think it´s their own work and they should also get the credit for it.Their father may have supplied thm with money and opportunities to practice or support them mentally but still they should not be his slaves for the rest of their life just because of that.I guess he didn´t have much time for them when they were young because he worked a lot and he has (...???...)wives and still they always praise him as if they couldn´t think a proper thought without him,win a race without his support or make money without his blessings...don´t know what you think about this, maybe I´m wrong?

We still don´t know what happened to Sheikh Rashid,he doesn´t take part in any races,there are no news on his homepage and nothing to be found in the world wide web,I guess he´s fallen out of galahad´s nest and now his father doesn´t want him to be in the public again....no matter what he did (we don´t know as there´s little transparency,free press or speech in the UAE) it is completely wrong that a father is abandoning his child, it seems he doesn´t practice what Islam is preaching-forgiveness....! Ahhh,the more I learn about the UAE the more I am happy to live in my beautiful city/country and that I´m blessed to be able to do everything I want to:)

Last edited by a moderator:
@blauerengel
Wow I always have fun reading your long speeches :D:p

No, I didn´t tell he did a capital crime,no, I said that even if he did, no parent should abandon their child-so as far as I know there was just this scandal in South Africa -which is what I know!

I don´t know why he´s not in the public anymore,and Dior I don´t think that he doesn´t like to be seen,just look at his old pictures and you will see he likes to pose for the camera!It´s no wonder,haha,I think he´s really fit and handsome;-)
And I am sorry that I wrote something that was so terribly misunderstood,I will try to be more precise.What I was basically saying is that Sheikh Rashid has made one mistake (and we don´t know about anything else except for the strange story in South Africa) and now he doesn´t take part in any endurance rides and I don´t think it´s because he has a sport-related injury or doesn´t have a horse to train with.There are lots of good horses in Dubai,I have seen them with my own eyes,there must be like hundreds of them,but I didn´t count so i can´t give you the exact number *lol*

Now you will probably not find anything about it when you search google,all the articles relating this issue have been removed and somehow the story seems so odd that I find it hard to believe.They wrote that he bought lots of horses and other stuff and couldn´t pay for them- a sheikh who can´t pay his bills? Thought that only happens to ppl like me,haha, but obviously I was wrong and now he disappeared? I forgot to pay my phone bill when I went on holiday and they closed my phone but that didn´t make me grovel in submission or hide away from the public, I paid and now I am back,writing on the TRF....

@blauerengel: About one of your older posts from yesterday where you asked yourself if mohs sons can keep their prizes etc. I think the "overgiving" of their medals etc to their dad after they got it is more of a public gesture. Showing their respect to their fathers and older ppl in their family is much more important than it is here in europe for us, so I think it's just a nice gesture to show their respect to moh and like saying thank you for his support so they could win the races. There's actually a museum or something like that in dubai where all they godolphin stable prizes are shown. I don't know if the moh sons ride for the godolphin stable in their endurance races (or if the godolphon stable is only for horse racing) so if they ride for it guess their prizes are all shown there?
I actually also have wondered about their money situation because they don't have actual jobs that gives them money so I guess they live on their fathers money but make a lot for him (f.e. they always attend events with him and have official roles in the dubai government) or if they are business men as well and own anything that gives them money. Also I wonder how it is if they'll marry one day? I mean they can't live from their dads money forever (even though he has enough money so they could do so) so I think they have their private businesses?
Btw. Moh always said his family is really important for him and he tries to spend as much time with them as possible so I don't think they just saw their dad like once a week or so. I think the fact that moh has more than one wife isn't such a big deal for them simply because they don't know it else and if you watch some old pictures of them with their dad they always seem to be very happy and moh seems to be a very caring father.

In pictures everybody "seems" happy, even Grace Kelly,Diana or Marylin Monroe smiled all the time while they were having serious problems and difficulties to cope with their situation.And just because you are unhappy or depressed you don´t go around and tell everybody or cry all day.

They don´t only make prize money,they also own horses - some of them also win flatraces or horse shows. (Makes good money too,I just know what you get for the German derby winner,but in UK or Dubai it must be even more!) Must be terrible to live from your parents money when you are grown up,I would hate that,but that´s just my personal opinion,I know that in the arab world they are doing everything their parents want them to,so let them do what they think is right & if they want to ask for permission for everything and they like it they shouldn´t have it any other way*lol*

just a tiny note have you even thought that maybe rashid didnt really like or enjoy the endurance races?? Ahmed use to ride more than rashid and he doesnt anymore...
also Majid does not like it at all but does it for his father/ the only brother who seems to enjoy the ridding part of horses is Hamdan , Rashid was always a flat race person

Rashid was & maybe still the most passionate of all Sheikh Mohd sons about all kind of races. He enjoyed it with passion & took it very seriously! IMO

I don´t know why he´s not in the public anymore,and Dior I don´t think that he doesn´t like to be seen,just look at his old pictures and you will see he likes to pose for the camera!It´s no wonder,haha,I think he´s really fit and handsome;-)
And I am sorry that I wrote something that was so terribly misunderstood,I will try to be more precise.What I was basically saying is that Sheikh Rashid has made one mistake (and we don´t know about anything else except for the strange story in South Africa) and now he doesn´t take part in any endurance rides and I don´t think it´s because he has a sport-related injury or doesn´t have a horse to train with.There are lots of good horses in Dubai,I have seen them with my own eyes,there must be like hundreds of them,but I didn´t count so i can´t give you the exact number *lol*
I agree with you. Rashed even had his own professional photographer that was with him everywhere! So saying suddenly that he doesnt like to be seen publicly is not reasonable IMO Rashed actually was very spontaneous in his interviews too! :D

just a tiny note have you even thought that maybe rashid didnt really like or enjoy the endurance races?? Ahmed use to ride more than rashid and he doesnt anymore...
also Majid does not like it at all but does it for his father/ the only brother who seems to enjoy the ridding part of horses is Hamdan , Rashid was always a flat race person

Yeah it's pretty weird that they spent so much time with riding races when they were young and now stopped for no obvious reasons (talking bout rashid and especially ahmed) So maybe you're right that they didn't enjoy it. But I wonder if they really would've done it just for their father and why Majid didn't stop yet if he shouldn't enjoy it. I thought they really enjoyed it all because they seem to love their horses and riding such huge races takes a lot of effort and practice I guess so it would be really sad if they don't enjoy it after all. But yeah, I'll never understand the "arab way of thinking" because it seems like they really do a lot for their father/ family just to make them happy ( I mean seriously, I really wonder if just a single guy enjoys those "men rounds" they have in their huge living rooms (or should I call them halls?) where they just sit around and can only talk to the persons right on the left and right because everyone else is too far away. For me, those rounds always look pretty boring in the videos and I wonder what they always talk about.

So you mean they do all of this even though they completely loathe it? I always thought they love horses and riding because they grew up with it and everybody seems to enjoy it..
The more I get to know the more I am amazed how they tolerate to be so messed around with, why do they do it?I also took up a lot of hobbies but if I wanted to stop it my parents didn´t try to force me even if they have paid a lot for my training or equipment....

I wouldn't speculate whether if they were forced into riding or not. People can grow out of their hobbies for some reason or the boys just lost interest or have more to do. They might be riding in their private time but not joining races which can be very difficult and you do need a good amount of training to do.

The men meetings that take place in their big sitting rooms don't last long, its a traditional sitting where people meet the royals and they can talk to them about their problems, obviously not everything is shown on tv. These gatherings take no more than one and a half hour from in to out. Its a good way for royals and citizens to meet different people from different families and work areas.

Sometimes back, somebody posted a link (DUBAI ROYAL FAMILY AIDE LIFTS LID ON UK PALACE SEX SECRETS. « The Battle for Britain) in a particular thread (I forgot which one) where in the article it is mentioned that Rashid underwent drug rehabilitation. This is probably why he has disappeared (if that article contains some truth).
As for Majid and horse racing, I personally do not think that he does not like to ride. In his 2009 annual book it is mentioned that “His Highness Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is a passionate equestrian and an avid follower of this particular sport”.
Additionally, he still takes part in the races and had won the CE13* 160 at Euston park in June. Here (RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: June Ferguson's Royal Genealogy Page) it is also revealed that he owns 16 horses (8 years back)which according to me he loves that sport. The number of horses he currently owns may have increased.
Coming to Ahmed, when comparing pictures of him when he was in his late teens and now, it can be seen that he has put on weight. He probably cannot ride due to his inappropriate weight for that sport.;)

Last edited:
i didnt say forced!! no i ment they might like it but not madly in love with it/ but some times you would do things to please your dad like all of us

The one that really do everything to please his dad, is Hamdan. He doesnt seem to enjoy riding anymore IMO nor poetry lol But he's the CP, so he's doing his duty, and pleasing Sheikh Mohd is maybe not that easy!

dazzling, I think you are right,maybe they like the sports in private but they don´t enjoy to compete which I could understand as it´s an awful lot of training and those races are very stressy and there are too many people and too many cars and everybody is shouting around,but I thought that the boys enjoyed all of this excitement and attention *lol*
I was just thinking about what lady blue said,maybe she´s met the boys and knows more about it?

@ Cato Vent- your first link is to an anti-Arab/muslim website so of course they will use any rumour to defame the Dubai Royal family, I don´t take that seriously, hate from no matter which side or religion is not good and just because you disagree with someone or you doubt their good intentions you shouldn´t spread bad rumours about them,IMO.
Let´s try to stick to the facts,which is,that we know absolutely nothing!

And forget this official biography,all of these press releases and texts are written by underpaid ghostwriters, I don´t think that they truly represent the person it was written about *lol*

@blauerengel : I think you misunderstood what I wrote. The ‘Rashid Part’ was just a probability about why he has disappeared because so many people ask about him. Or maybe I should not have assumed the reason for his disappearance. As for the article, you are probably right & that is why I previously said “If that article contains some truth” because we all know how journalists can twist what they are told.
I’ve nothing against Rashid and his family or anyone else. My post was just what I thought of the whole situation and it was honestly not targeting anyone else’s post.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom