Sheikh Mohammed's Children 1: June 2004-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikha Maitha bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has dedicated her most recent gold medal to her father, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and to the people of the UAE.

Sheikha Maitha won an international kickboxing competition in Cyprus yesterday.

Al Bayan

Shaikha Maitha takes gold in kick-boxing
By Our Sports Reporter 14 March 2005
DUBAI — Shaikha Maitha bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum claimed a historic gold medal for the UAE in the over 70kg category of the ongoing Kick-Boxing International Championship in Cyprus on Saturday night. The talented UAE woman athlete dedicated the victory to her father General Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence and the people of the United Arab Emirates.
“It is also a message from the women of the UAE that they are not less talented and skilled than their fellows sportsmen and can also register their names in the international records and fly the flag of their country even higher,” she said.
“I have lived the warmest emotional moments of national pride in my life when the national anthem of my country was played in front of the crowd. It was a moment in which the tears were mixed with smile and the time has come to complete pause,” she added. Shaikha Maitha beat her Czech contender 7-0 easily in the first round and outclassed Masara Denzet from England 7-3 before she advanced to the final to take on Oksanara from Russia to lead 9-7 and win the gold after a marathon duel.

Meanwhile, Shaikha Maitha has carried the flag of the UAE during the brief opening ceremony which of the championship which attracted athletes from 53 countries around the world. Later in the evening, Shaikha Maitha was received by the chairman of the Cyprus Tourism Bureau who said he was too much impressed when visited Dubai last May and is too much keen to do it again. “I was too much impressed with the city which I believe is the fast growing place in the whole world,” he commented. He also told Shaikha Maitha that he found some facilities in Dubai which were not available even in some leading European countries. “We are prepareing for opening channels with Dubai and the first step will be the establishment of the a representative office for the tourist bureau in May in order to enhance and develop our business ties with the UAE,” he said.

Attachments

• sdgj.jpg
    sdgj.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,703
  • sdfgh.jpg
    sdfgh.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,948
  • sk.jpg
    sk.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,888
Last edited by a moderator:
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment For Young Business Leaders, has said that small-to-medium-sized (SME) enterprises will benefit from the International Entrepreneurship Forum and Exhibition at the Dubai International Convention Centre from May 23 to 25.

“As the Establishment's name suggests, we are seeking to develop young leaders in business or entrepreneurs. The objective is to also provide rewarding opportunities for our young UAE nationals that graduate out of our schools, colleges and universities, who are looking to maximise their potential in business, but are not finding the opportunities to do so.

We provide not only the start-up capital, but guide them through the process of how to develop a business plan, see that it has all the chances of succeeding and ensuring that young entrepreneurs stay on course through mentoring and monitoring their progress."

Khaleej Times

Monday, March 14, 2005

Attachments

• jjfgh.jpg
    jjfgh.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,975
Pictures of Sheikh Hamdan

Attachments

• 2-11-2005-m3p3%20friday.jpg
    2-11-2005-m3p3%20friday.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,905
  • 10-27-2004-camelraces.jpg
    10-27-2004-camelraces.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,891
  • asdfghjk.jpg
    asdfghjk.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 736
  • xcvbnm,.jpg
    xcvbnm,.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,787
  • Satellite.jpg
    Satellite.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,914
Some old pictures of Sheikh Rashid

Attachments

• %232---1.jpg
    %232---1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2,831
  • Hamdan 2.jpg
    Hamdan 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 1-18-2002-Hamdan.gif
    1-18-2002-Hamdan.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,792
Most of these pictures are of Sheikh Ahmed, but they have Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Rashid in them too.:)

Attachments

• 8-1-2002-ahmed%20M%203.gif
    8-1-2002-ahmed%20M%203.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 2,087
  • Hamdan 17.jpg
    Hamdan 17.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,808
  • Hamdan 13.jpg
    Hamdan 13.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 922
  • Hamdan 12.jpg
    Hamdan 12.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Hamdan 14.jpg
    Hamdan 14.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,611
  • 25.gif
    25.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,762
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,768
Shaikha Maitha

Attachments

• dfghjk.jpg
    dfghjk.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,735
  • hjjjk.jpg
    hjjjk.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 2,523
  • sdhg.jpg
    sdhg.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,986
  • fgghjk.jpg
    fgghjk.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 3,533
Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum is a multi-talented young man who enjoys the traditional sports of horse and camel riding as well as football, swimming and shooting.

He considers his father, General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister, his coach, teacher, and mentor.

Sheikh Majid, 16, studies at Rashid School for Boys. He is heavily involved with many sporting and social activities. He has participated in several endurance races in Europe, and is currently preparing for the World Junior Championships on September 27 in Italy.

He says that his father taught him that it is much more important to build a mutual understanding with your horse than to win races. A rider must know how far he can push his horse, sense when it is tiring and not just focus on winning at any price.

He believes that the rider bears 80% of the responsibility with 20% left to the horse. The rider should always control the speed of the race.

Sheikh Majid feels that today’s youth should be more involved in traditional sports, including horse riding, swimming, shooting, and camel riding, because he believes they play a major role in developing people mentally and physically.

Sheikh Majid is also following in his father’s footsteps as a racehorse owner. He says that he currently owns 35 racehorses and is eager to continue developing his stable.

Away from sports, Sheikh Majid enjoys reading about history in Arabic and English and is also very interested in current affairs.

Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid and his brother Sheikh Ahmed received and welcomed, yesterday, the victorious UAE team upon their return from Cyprus after a successful campaign led by Sheikha Maitha bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The UAE won 40 medals at the World Kick boxing championship - 2005.

Al Bayan
Thursday, March 17, 2005

I am a little confused. Is sheikh Rashid the son of mohammed that died a couple of years a go?? Because I thought he had a son that died in a carcrash.

He is the son of mohammed but he didn't die. He is still around; we are not seeing very much of right now because he focusing on his horses right now. Two of them won a week or 2 ago. Here is a picture.
trish79nl said:
I am a little confused. Is sheikh Rashid the son of mohammed that died a couple of years a go?? Because I thought he had a son that died in a carcrash.

Attachments

• 2-13-2005-rashid.jpg
    2-13-2005-rashid.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,819
But mohammed does have a son who died right? Whats his name?

trish79nl said:
It was Sheikh Maktoum's son Rashid who died in a car accident a few years ago. Maktoum is Sh Mohammed's elder brother.

trish79nl said:

No.

You were thinking of Sheikh Rashid bin Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum. He was 22 when he died in winter 2002, it happened on the way to an endurance race. He was the son of the current Ruler of Dubai: Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

Sheikh Mohammed is not the Ruler (Emir) of Dubai, just the Crown Prince. He is the third oldest brother in the family of ruling men. The Ruler is his older brother, Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid. There is another brother between them in age named Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid who is the Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance for the UAE and a younger brother named Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid who runs the public safety department.

Sheikh Maktoum, the Ruler, has several other sons in addition to Rashid who died: Saeed (about 28 or 29), Mohammed (about 13), Hamdan (about 12) and Zayed (about 9). There may be some others. He's had several wives.

Sheikh Mohammed's 7 sons are: Rashid, Hamdan, Maktoum, Ahmed, Majid, Saeed and Mansour.
His 10 daughters are: Manal (about 26-27), Maitha, Shamsa, Hessa, Latifa, Maryam, Sheikha, Fatima, Salamah, Shamma (baby of 2 or 3 years)

Is that clearer? The royal families in the ME are confusing because there are many of them and most have the same tribute names repeated every generation and from every brothers' family.

Last edited:
One of Sheikh Mohammed's daughters is the girl in the middle

Taken yesterday

Attachments

• hjhjjk.jpg
    hjhjjk.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 6,545
Sheikh Mohammed and sheikha Hinds Children

The Daughters and sons of sheikh Mohammed and sheikha Hind:
Hassa
Rashid
Hamdan
Maktoum
Ahmed
Saeed
Latifa
Maryam
Sheikha
Fatma
Salamah
Shamma

Is the girl in the middle really one of Mo's daughters?

desertrosemrk said:
One of Sheikh Mohammed's daughters is the girl in the middle

Taken yesterday

the one on the left of the picture is sheikha sheikha and the one in the middle is sheikha Fatma

Mohammed's Youth Projects Award Cermony next April
Mar 19, 2005
Mohammed's Youth Projects Award Cermony next April Dubai, 19 March, 2005 (WAM)--The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Authority for Supporting Youth Projects has announced here today that the Award's ceremony will be organised in April 5,2005, to honour UAE creative businessmen and businesswomen. The Award which was launched by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Award'sBoard of Directors, will witness intensive competition among young contestants as was the case in 2004.

Some old pictures of Sheikh Hamdan

Attachments

• 23334abmhdendus[1]_EN.jpg
    23334abmhdendus[1]_EN.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 2,717
  • 1-11-2005-hai.jpg
    1-11-2005-hai.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 743
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 867
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 460
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 785
  • fzaa3-34[1].jpg
    fzaa3-34[1].jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 969
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 826
  • 1-30-2004-2endurance.jpg
    1-30-2004-2endurance.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 894
  • 1-14-2004-showjumping.jpg
    1-14-2004-showjumping.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 872
Hamdan with his father Mohammed

Attachments

• 3-23-2004-5sme.jpg
    3-23-2004-5sme.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 899
  • 3-23-2004-6sme.jpg
    3-23-2004-6sme.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 824
  • 3-23-2004-7sme.jpg
    3-23-2004-7sme.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 886
First Picture---Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikh Maktoum, Sheikh Ahmed when President Khailifa came to visit Maktoum Second Picture---Sheikh Hamdan is in back-ground

Attachments

• sdsdfsdfsdf.jpg
    sdsdfsdfsdf.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 643
  • dfsdffds.jpg
    dfsdffds.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 426
Mohammed bin Rashid attends reception wtih sons;

Mohammed bin Rashid receives French Minister wtih his son, Sheikh Hamdan

Attachments

• dcfgvb.jpg
    dcfgvb.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 544
  • sdcfgvbhjnm.jpg
    sdcfgvbhjnm.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 415
I find it very strange that the oldest son, Rashid, has not made an appears in the last few weeks. Everytime you turn aroudn Hamdan is front and center. Now Hamdan has a new side-kick with his brother Ahmed. It seems as though Rashid has been banished to the dog house.

What I am getting from everything I am reading about him; Rashid right now is spending time with his horses. To be honest I don't think Rashid likes being the center of attention and that he would rather spend time being involved with his horses and other sports.
Akilah said:
I find it very strange that the oldest son, Rashid, has not made an appears in the last few weeks. Everytime you turn aroudn Hamdan is front and center. Now Hamdan has a new side-kick with his brother Ahmed. It seems as though Rashid has been banished to the dog house.

A porm Presented From sh. Mohammed to His son Sheikh Rashid

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Became, Oh Rashid, of the people a leader[/font]

Presented to His Highness
Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
on the occasion of his victory in the endurance race, (11/11/1998).

Heightened zeal and fulfilled expectations, Rashid
And it is the nature of Rashid to realize my hopes

A knight who has such a nature
As I, when his age, in my youth

If I compose for Rashid the longest poems
I find him in my mind and in the greatest dreams

Astride a horse that runs down its prey
Familiar with its gait from beginning to end

Responding to it, trained to surmount challenges
In harmony, this bending that to his will

When the course alters, so changes its gait
For each track, a plan and a target