Sheikh Mohammed current events 2: February 2006 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Shaikh Mohammad at the Government Summit

Vice-President, Prime Minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai talks about the successes of the UAE (video with english subtitles): Shaikh Mohammad at the Government Summit | GulfNews.com

May Allah blessed Sheikh Mohammed with strength, good health and a long, active life to fulfill all his good deeds. :uaeflag:

Yes,hopefully he will have a long life because he has good leadership qualities and great plans for his country :flowers:
“My brother, the President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, has said the citizen is the first priority. The citizen is the second priority. The citizen is the third priority.”

I hope this will also include people who work in Dubai/UAE,because they are the backbone of the economy and without these hard-working Thai,Bangladeshi & Indian workers the city would not be were it is today,not to mention that no restaurant or hotel could survive a single day without their help.When I was in Dubai I was quite astonished how some Emiratis are treating their servants or other blue-collar workers who were doing all the labour that is considered too dirty/boring/exhausting for nationals like cleaning,carrying suitcases or working as a supermarket cashier.Of course not everyone is treating them bad and the Dubai Royal family is a good example in the way that they treat their workers well.As a person of white colour/European/US-citizen you are treated nicely,but if I were a dark-coloured person from a "not-to have"-country I wouldn´t like to live in Dubai:ohmy: Sheikh Mohammed´s "Thank you campaign" was a great idea to change people´s perception about blue-collar workers,but to make a real change they need to get better laws that protect their dignity and save them from exploitation.Of course they earn better money than in their home countries,but it doesn´t mean they have to give up their human rights...

I hope this will also include people who work in Dubai/UAE,because they are the backbone of the economy and without these hard-working Thai,Bangladeshi & Indian workers the city would not be were it is today,not to mention that no restaurant or hotel could survive a single day without their help.When I was in Dubai I was quite astonished how some Emiratis are treating their servants or other blue-collar workers who were doing all the labour that is considered too dirty/boring/exhausting for nationals like cleaning,carrying suitcases or working as a supermarket cashier.Of course not everyone is treating them bad and the Dubai Royal family is a good example in the way that they treat their workers well.As a person of white colour/European/US-citizen you are treated nicely,but if I were a dark-coloured person from a "not-to have"-country I wouldn´t like to live in Dubai:ohmy: Sheikh Mohammed´s "Thank you campaign" was a great idea to change people´s perception about blue-collar workers,but to make a real change they need to get better laws that protect their dignity and save them from exploitation.Of course they earn better money than in their home countries,but it doesn´t mean they have to give up their human rights...

I am convinced that we will keep this in mind. Thanks for your open minded comment.

Currently under 10 percent of the residents of the UAE are Emirati nationals. This percentage ratio leads to tensions in society and creates difficult conditions for genuine equality of all (if at all feasible). Currently there is an imbalance - that can be seen critically in some points - but can not be changed now, because it will destroy the society from its footing. This may be neither our desire nor our goal, because it would destroy everything that our forefathers and the foreign workers have built. So we need a third way and I´m sure, all of our leaders are hard working to find it. We are governed by the best of our country. I rely on the vision of our wise leaders.

Last edited:
A little girl posed a question through a video broadcast during the opening session of the Government Summit, which was held last week in Dubai. Sheikh Mohammed expressed his pleasure at the request of the young girl and visited her today in school as a surprise.

Mohammad makes schoolgirl's wish come true | GulfNews.com

Last edited:
I am sure the situation with immigrants is difficult,just like in every country it is important to find a balance between protecting the countries own heritage,people and culture and allowing other influences and foreign workers to make an impact on society.In Austria we have a little bit of tensions with Turkish immigrants,because many of them are poorly educated,don´t want to work while at the same time they have a lot of children that are paid for by Austrian tax money.Of course it is important to support people in need,especially when children are concerned ,but at the same time everybody has to take responsibility for their own life!You should only raise a family if you have financial security and everybody should aim to have a job or something else to care for his/her own needs.
What I found particularly interesting in Dubai-it is not so much Emirat vs foreigner or Muslim vs other faiths but the visitors from rich countries are treated like equals while people from poor countries and dark skin were treated inferior.Something needs to be done about the situation,so that citizens/tourists/workers can co-exist in peace and live a good life.

By the way,I loved the post about Mira,the smart school girl who´s asked Sheikh Mohammed to visit her school:)
It´s a nice gesture and it´s good he´s praised the man who has done so much for schools in Dubai,it is very important to have good teachers & excellent leadership in education.

Last edited:
The school visit after the young girl requesting it is a lovely story and a great visit by the ruler.

I am sure the situation with immigrants is difficult,just like in every country it is important to find a balance between protecting the countries own heritage,people and culture and allowing other influences and foreign workers to make an impact on society.In Austria we have a little bit of tensions with Turkish immigrants,because many of them are poorly educated,don´t want to work while at the same time they have a lot of children that are paid for by Austrian tax money.Of course it is important to support people in need,especially when children are concerned ,but at the same time everybody has to take responsibility for their own life!You should only raise a family if you have financial security and everybody should aim to have a job or something else to care for his/her own needs. What I found particularly interesting in Dubai-it is not so much Emirat vs foreigner or Muslim vs other faiths but the visitors from rich countries are treated like equals while people from poor countries and dark skin were treated inferior.Something needs to be done about the situation,so that citizens/tourists/workers can co-exist in peace and live a good life.

I understand your concerns and I can assure, that Sheikh Mohammed is committed to the good co-existence of the different parts of the society. His desire and vision is that all (citizens / tourists / workers) have a good life in peace within UAE. Be sure that all the necessary decisions for the benefit of all be taken in time.

Certain behaviors of some groups are not caused just by the lack of special legislation. More often cultural/traditional or social attitudes in society have a strong influence of it. In order to achieve a sustainable improvement all members of a society are needed.

Last edited:
A Social Values Survey found out, that "UAE is one of few countries driven by positive values like strong leadership and the values of religion. The results of the survey showed that the UAE had the second lowest cultural entropy, which refers to the level of dysfunction and negativity, showing that the people in the UAE are highly satisfied with the country’s current situation. Despite the UAE having a diverse society, UAE nationals and residents have similarities in personal values which enable people to coexist in a peaceful manner." (indication of source: GulfNews)

In the study participated 18 countries, including the U.S. and UK. The announcement of the results of the survey was held on Monday in Dubai under the patronage of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid and with the presence of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed: UAE one of few countries driven by positive values | GulfNews.com

A little girl posed a question through a video broadcast during the opening session of the Government Summit, which was held last week in Dubai. Sheikh Mohammed expressed his pleasure at the request of the young girl and visited her today in school as a surprise.

Mohammad makes schoolgirl's wish come true | GulfNews.com

https://twitter.com/HHShkMohd/status/303165880467075072/photo/1

Heart gripping story continued: The little girl is very cute. She was so surprised and excited about Sheikh Mohammed's visit that she forgot to hand over her gift to "Baba Mohammed": Excited Mira forgot to give gift to

How lovely,I wanted to know what kind of gift she wanted to give him but unfortunately it was not mentioned in the article (or I missed it).I guess Mira is now a little bit famous in Dubai,her story is very beautiful:)

How lovely,I wanted to know what kind of gift she wanted to give him but unfortunately it was not mentioned in the article (or I missed it).I guess Mira is now a little bit famous in Dubai,her story is very beautiful:)

Indeed, her story is lovely and reaches the heart immediately. Sheikh Mohammed continues the attitude of his predecessor and takes seriously the concerns of its citizens - also those of the youngest.

His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum attended on Tuesday night the gala opening of the 25th anniversary celebrations of the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT).

Shaikh Mohammad attends Higher Colleges of Technology celebrations | GulfNews.com

Shaikh Mohammed wants to share moments in life with his new comprehensive book "wamadhat min fikr" (means: flashes of inspiration).

The new book of Shaikh Mo illustrative ideas reflected the experiences of Shaikh Mohammad as the Ruler and leader. He also describes his inspiration that he received from other leaders in the UAE and through conversations with people. In the past Shaikh Mohammad has previously published five books on poetry, literature and social topics. The current book of him extension of his previous book, "My Vision", as it presents new ideas of modernity and innovation. "Wamadhat min fikr" convinces with a clear, direct language and reflects Shaikh Mohammad’s exceptional personality, as well as spontaneous way in conversing with others who take part in his meetings. It describes the shape of open dialogue, which Shaikh Mo cultivates to do with his fellow men and it mirrors the cultural depth of his personality.

http://www.wam.ae/servlet/Satellite...yout&parent=Collection&parentid=1135099399983

http://gulftoday.ae/portal/8403f00c-dba6-4d41-91b9-6d56a5c3c10a.aspx

His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum yesterday attended the graduation ceremony of the 22nd batch of the Joint Command and Staff College in Abu Dhabi.

Mohammad Bin Rashid attends military graduation | GulfNews.com

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid´s campaign to clothe a million children has hit its target after only 10 days.The initiative by the Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai raised more than Dh40 million barely half way to its deadline of Ramadan 19 - Emirati Humanitarian Work Day, held in memory of the nation's founder Sheikh Zayed.

His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum received the chairman and members of the Emirates Writers Union and a host of Emirati intellectuals and poets at Zabeel Palace this evening.

News - Zabeel Palace

HH Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum has donated Dh60 million to the ‘Dress one million needy children campaign’, providing clothing to an additional one and a half million needy children and totalling the number of beneficiaries to three million.

Shaikh Mohammed said:“The UAE will continue in fulfilling its Islamic and humanitarian duty in supporting deprived people. It is a path that was set by out founding fathers and God willing we will continue on this path. We will instil the spirit of giving in the coming generations so that the path of giving will continue being a key part of our future."

Mohammad donates Dh60m

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum performed Eid Al Fitr prayers at Zabeel Mosque in Dubai this morning.

Praying alongside Sheikh Mohammed were Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler and Finance Minister Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Sheikh Mansour bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, other sheikhs, senior officials and a large congregation of Muslim worshippers.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/g...il-members-rulers-offer-eid-prayers-1.1218284

His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, watch the world premiere of the documentary, "Ultimate Airport - Dubai, featuring the emirate's aviation sector", at Meydan Imax Theatre on Monday. It was shown by the National Geographic Channel's global network.

Welfare of citizens top priority: Mohammed - Khaleej Times

His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum visited Sunday morning the Granada Primary School for Girls in Mazhar, Dubai and Al Nukhba Model Primary School for Boys in Al Rashdiya.

Shaikh Mohammad visits Dubai schools: in pictures | GulfNews.com

http://khaleejtimes.com/kt-article-...ation_September18.xml&section=educationnation

:previous:

Here is a video of the visit.
Its a nice visit that he does yearly to schools on the first days. The children all seemed very happy by it.

:previous: These students are lucky!, Must have been a very interesting experience for them to have a lunch with Sheikh Mohammed !!

:previous: These students are lucky!, Must have been a very interesting experience for them to have a lunch with Sheikh Mohammed !!

Sheikh Mohammed is very popular among all ages and nationalities. He reigns in close connection to UAE citizen. Especially the higher education of the youth is a big concern to him.

GITEX 2013

His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum inaugurated the 33 edition of Gitex Technology Week 2013 yesterday and toured all exhibition halls. Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Shaikh Maktoum Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum attended the opening amid a big gathering of top government officials, technology experts and business professionals.

Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid open Gitex 2013

H.H. Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum has hoisted the UAE flag at the Union House in Dubai today to mark president H.H. Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan’s accession as President of the UAE. The ceremony came as the UAE celebrated its 6th Flag Day by hoisting the nation’s flag at public and private buildings at noon. Shaikh Mohammed was accompanied by Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Shaikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

In pictures: UAE celebrates Flag Day | GulfNews.com

heritage-culture/uae-flag-day-1.1251833

H.H. Shaikh Mohammad bin Rashid al Maktoum today received at the Dubai Government Media Office 25 Kuwaiti university students who are visiting the UAE and are accompanied by 25 Emirati students .

The students were briefed on the activities carries out by the Dubai Government Media Office and its role in activating cooperative relations between the emirate of Dubai and the local, regional and international media community.

Then the guest watched a presentation on the various initiatives and projects, such as the Arab Media Forum and Arab Journalism Award.

Later, Shaikh Mohammad took a commemorative photo with each of the students and reaffirmed his support for Arab youth.

big picture

http://wam.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=WamLocAnews&cid=1290007247206&pagename=WAM/WAM_A_Layout

http://khaleejtimes.com/kt-article-.../government_November30.xml&section=government

Under the aegis of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum the UAE will host the first global conference on the UN Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) from 4th-5th March 2014.

WAM | Emirates News Agency

British Prime Minister David Cameron arrived in the UAE today, with his office tweeting that he was here to support the country’s bid for Expo 2020. Cameron stopped off in the UAE on his way back from the Commonwealth Summit in Sri Lanka. He mets Shaikh Mohammed also.

Cameron in UAE to back expo bid | GulfNews.com

H.H. Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum had presented the Islamic Economy Award to a number of individuals and institutions today.

Mohammad Bin Rashid announces Islamic award winners | GulfNews.com

His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has attended the ceremony honouring the winners of the 8th cycle of the Mohammed bin Rashid Award for Young Business Leaders, organised by The Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment for SME Development.

The awards ceremony, held at the Dubai World Trade Centre, was also attended by H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai.

big picture: http://wam.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=W...0760&pagename=WAM/WamPhoto/WAM_Photo_Download

HH Shaikh Mohammed mets HE Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Bahrain in Zabeel palace today ....

His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Sunday received His Highness Shaikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah at Zabeel Palace in Dubai.

http://wam.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=WamLocAnews&cid=1290008776663&pagename=WAM/WAM_A_Layout

The UAE is considering developing education as per latest international standards, and utilising technology in education to make it one of the best education systems in the world by 2021.

The statement was made by Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum during the Mohammad Bin Rashid session for policies, which was held under the theme of “Future approaches to develop education”, at Al Bahr Palace in Dubai on Sunday.

Mohammad attends policy session on education | GulfNews.com

Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum honoured the top ten graduates from Dubai Medical College and Dubai Pharmacy College when he attended today the graduation ceremonies for both colleges held at Madinat Jumeirah. Graduates from the faculty of medicine took the Hippocratic Oath before Shaikh Mohammad.

Mohammad attends graduation ceremony | GulfNews.com

Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid attended Endurance Cup in Saih Al Salam on January, 11 along with Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed, Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed, Shaikh Mansoor bin Mohammed and a number of officials. Winner of the race was Shaikh Rashid bin Dalmook bin Juma al Maktoum.

Last edited:
Shaikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum held talks with Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn today morning in Dubai.

http://wam.ae

Last edited:
Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, yesterday issued a law, establishing a new body, Dubai Corporation for Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DCTCM).The Dubai Corporation for Tourism and Commerce Marketing will be headquartered in Dubai, and will operate offices around the world to help facilitate its work. The Corporation will report to, and will operate as an affiliate of DTCM, which remains the authority responsible for the planning, development, supervision and regulation of the tourism sector.

What for a great ruler who is full of kindness for people:

Away from the skyscrapers and the hustle and bustle of the city, in a tiny hamlet near the mountains of Dibba Al Fujairah, 94-year-old Emirati lay half-paralysed in his house, recalling the visit of Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum that changed his life.

Ninety four year-old-man recalls visit that changed his life | GulfNews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom