Sheikh Mohammed current events 2: February 2006 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jamila said:
Sheikh Mohammed and Sheikh Hamdan tour DOHMS, from WAM, 07/06/07 :
photo
article

Thanks Jamila

Sometimes I think people must be scared of Mo because of his body language. They way he looks or puts his hands to his hips make him look very unpatient. It's even worse when he does a surprise visit. I don't envy anyone who has to do a presentation or explain something to him :ohmy:
Hamdan looks much more relaxed, maybe Mo brings him along to calm him down from time to time.

Duke of Marmalade said:
Thanks Jamila

Sometimes I think people must be scared of Mo because of his body language. They way he looks or puts his hands to his hips make him look very unpatient. It's even worse when he does a surprise visit. I don't envy anyone who has to do a presentation or explain something to him :ohmy:
Hamdan looks much more relaxed, maybe Mo brings him along to calm him down from time to time.

:lol: yes, sheikh Mohammed looks scary sometimes. :) From this photo,I would say he is listening carefully what's being explained to him whereas sheikh Hamdan is absent-minded in this very moment.

I´m a bit confused about Sheik Mohamed (or "MO" like I call him). Some times he looks very unpatient, and serius. But when I see him with Princess Haya, she looks very kind with him a he looks her with other face....

I think that his personality can´t be to compare with his..."look" and body language. IMO he is not what he look!

Most times Sheikh Mohammed looks grumpy. Not as grumpy as his brother Hamdan bin Rashid but still with an expression on his face that is a bit scary. So it might run a bit in the family :)

Sometimes he smiles or even laughs, mostly when he's around horses or with King Abdullah :lol:

The late Sheikh Maktoum used to smile a lot and Mo's sons do better too, most boys have a nice smile and use it much more often than their father.

jamila said:
whereas sheikh Hamdan is absent-minded in this very moment.

You are right. I wonder what caught Hamdan's eye here. Maybe a good looking nurse or physiotherapist :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke of Marmalade said:
You are right. I wonder what caught Hamdan's eye here. Maybe a good looking nurse or physiotherapist :lol:

Actually, when I take a better look, they are looking in the same direction ( Mo and Hamdan) but I don't think the object is nurse. :lol:

One more photo of sheikh Mohammed in Tunisia (profimedia) : link

Farewell ceremony in honour of Sheikh M'hamed Ibn Rached Al Maktoum - article
President Ben Ali hosts lunch in honour of Sheikh M'hamed Ibn Rached Al Maktoum - article
President Ben Ali and Sheikh M'hamed Ibn Rached Al Maktoum lay foundation stone of "Sama Dubai" project in Tunis southern lake - article

Last edited:
Can I ask something ? Why do not Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum appointed Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum as the Chairman of Dubai Executive Council and get him the crown prince of Dubai because Sheikh Ahmed is the last senior family member of Al Maktoum and being the son of late ruler and brother of ruler dont he deserve to be the next ruler of Dubai atleast after Sheikh Mohammed ?

Why he dont let the last senior family member rule Dubai as after Sheikh Ahmed death there will be no one to succeed him but ofcourse Sheikh Mohammed sons only ?

What is the real reason behind this ?

Succession is a family issue and is discussed to great detail amongst the more powerful family members. It is certainly not something which is guaranteed by birth. It is given to one who is best capable of leading and making wise choices. And the individual has to want to position also.

Look at Abu Dhabi as perfect example of this.

Further, Sheikh Mohammed may live 20 more years so his sons will be mid fourties when they take over, a good and energetic age, while Ahmed will be at the beginning of his seventies by then. However, depending on what will happen in the future in terms of the health of Mohammed and Hamdan bin Rashid, I am sure the family is already prepared today. So if something should happen to them in the near future, Ahmed bin Saed might be the one taking over because Mohammed bin Rashids sons lack the experience etc to become rulers. Just my guess.

Also remember, Dubai went more than a few years without a named Crown Prince. Sheikh Maktoum took over as Ruler in 1990 when his father died but it wasn't until 1995 that Sheikh Mohammed was named Crown Prince.

Also remember, Dubai went more than a few years without a named Crown Prince. Sheikh Maktoum took over as Ruler in 1990 when his father died but it wasn't until 1995 that Sheikh Mohammed was named Crown Prince.

That's correct. So basically the family always has plan B in the closet, no matter if there is a named crown prince or not. I personally think it's a very effective procedure, the family deciding who is the fittest for the job instead of having a heir who could be not fit for purpose etc.

But this only works in systems like these, unthinkable in European monarchies.

But what Sheikh Mohammed is trying to show is that he want to replace Sheikh Ahmed by his sons because lets look at most official events or appointments are being by Sheikh Hamdan like recently taking over as Chairman of Dubai Executive Council.
Was that fair enough that Sheikh Ahmed a person more experienced and well educated be working under the chairmanship of his younger nephew son ?

I agree but that's almost business as usual. King Abdullah stripped his step brother of the crown prince role although it was King Hussein's wish he'd follow up. When time has come, KA will officially install his oldest son as Crown Prince, at least that's my guess.

Regarding Ahmed, he has the brains to do the top job, no question. Maybe Mo wants another himself, outspoken and everywhere in the limelight at the same time and that does not suit Ahmed's character but may suit Hamdan bin Mo's character once he gets older and more experienced.

Thank you for sharing this much info it had let me known the real reason behind all this.

Is Sheikh Ahmed mother still alive ? Is anyone sure about it ? Do he also live in Zabeel Palace or have his own home ( is that villa or palace ) ? Is he married to European Lady and have a young daughter Is that true ?

Is there any picture of Sheikh Ahmed & Sheikh Mohammed where they are seen sharing a light and happy moment together ?

Sheik Mohammed, his sons and sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed ( I believe, next to sheikh Maktoum ) during the launch of new intiative "Dubai Cares" , Dubai 19/09/07. The rest of the photos are posted in Sh. Mohammed's Children thread No. 5 .

photo 1
photo 2
photo 3
photo 4
photo 5
photo 6
photo 7

Mohammad: Publish only the truth

WAM - Published: October 02, 2007, 00:37
Dubai: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, last night received local, Arab and foreign media and senior editors in the presence of Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign Minister - Read full article here(gulf-news.com)

Mohammed bin Rashid confers with Siniora

Oct 2, 2007 - 12:29 - Dubai, October 1st, 2007 (WAM)- H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, received at his Zaabeil Palace here on Monday Fouad Siniora, Prime Minister of Lebanon. They discussed means of bolstering bilateral relations between the two countries. They also reviewed developments in Lebanon and efforts to reach a political settlement to internal conflicts - read full article here (WAM), Picture

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Chairman, Board members of Al Ja'faria Awqaf - article

Mohammed bin Rashid attends DIHQA closing ceremony - article

Mohammed bin Rashid visits the Al Abbas Majlis - article, picture

Mohammad to hold talks with Brown - article

i saw part of the 60 minutes interview and it was very interesting to see the sheikh in "person". i had always wondered what Haya saw in him until now. he's handsome (it doesn't show in photos, imo he looks stern and hard in them) and has a great sense of humor. he was very enjoyable in the interview and the love of his country and people was very evident. very impressed.

Emiratis must 'live better now, not after 20 years' - article
Mohammad: I want Dubai to be No 1 - article
Dubai Properties launches Dh40b Mudon development in Dubailand - article & pictures
Mohammad leaves for Uzbekistan today - article

Is Sheikh Ahmed mother still alive ? Is anyone sure about it ? Do he also live in Zabeel Palace or have his own home ( is that villa or palace ) ? Is he married to European Lady and have a young daughter Is that true ?

When I left UAE in 2004 as far as I know (my late partner was a very close friend of Shiekh Ahmed) Sheikh Ahmed was not married and had no children. He did have a long standing Lebanese partner although I know of lots of girls who claimed to be his girlfriend (non of which was ever true, except the Lebanese one, who quite a few of our social circle met).
Originally Posted by help_ful2002
But what Sheikh Mohammed is trying to show is that he want to replace Sheikh Ahmed by his sons because lets look at most official events or appointments are being by Sheikh Hamdan like recently taking over as Chairman of Dubai Executive Council.
Was that fair enough that Sheikh Ahmed a person more experienced and well educated be working under the chairmanship of his younger nephew son ?

To be honest I do not think Sheikh Ahmed really cares about working under the chairmanship of his nephews. He was very laid back as far as I know and enjoyed the life he was living without any additional headache.

Family tree

Hi all!
Where can I find the Al Maktoum family tree?

:heart: monchichi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom