Sheikh Mohammed current events 1: October 2004 - February 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Abdullah of Jordan visited the UAE... photos from Getty

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 339
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 426
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 383
Foundation comes to the aid of tsunami victims
By Bassam Za'za', Staff Reporter
shim.gif

Dubai: More than Dh5.5 million in aid has been donated to tsunami victims in Thailand by the Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Charitable and Humanitarian Foundation.

Medical equipment and services, in addition to relief support and healthcare materials, have all been donated by the foundation.

Ebrahim Mohammad Bu Melha, Deputy Chairman of the Dubai Department of Justice, Attorney-General and Vice-Chairman of the foundation's Board of Trustees announced the figure last week.

Supporters of charities and humanitarian organisations have also donated about Dh4 million worth of relief materials and cash to sufferers in Thailand and Indonesia, he said.

Bu Melha said a study was under way to reconstruct schools, hospitals, religious houses and homes for the needy, in cooperation with the Indonesian Ministry of Housing.

"The foundation has collected fishing boats, boat engines and fishing equipment for tsunami victims in Thailand.

"All the materials will be distributed to the sufferers in a special celebration scheduled to take place at the end of February in Thailand.

"The celebration will take place under the patronage of Thailand's authorities. About 200 families will benefit from this equipment because they work in the fishing industry," Bu Melha said.

Bu Melha said the foundation would be transporting eight highly equipped ambulances for use in remote villages.

He said these aid missions came under the directives of General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister.

"Following Shaikh Mohammad's call for quick action, our rescue teams travelled to east of Asia on the second day of the disaster.

"We were the first international humanitarian foundation, along with a special rescue team from Dubai police to step into the damaged areas, north of Sumatra, the mostly affected spot.

"The first step of the work was the search and rescue of victims, and that was completed successfully," he said.

The Dubai rescue team was made up of 35 people and a number of highly trained police dogs.

The rescue teams chose to go to Indonesia, first, because it was the country most severely affected, said Bu Melha.

The foundation set up four hospitals in different areas. He said that 42 physicians and 150 nurses were running the hospitals that could offer medical treatment for 250 patients and admit about 70 patients.

The foundation's general manager, Adeeb Mohammad Bin Lootah, said donations are still pouring in.

"Schools and university students and many residents have shown a high level of interest in donating aid materials and cash.

"Humanitarian organisations, public establishments and foreign communities residing in the UAE have also made a contribution," he said.

Abdul Rahman Bin Sbeih, who headed the rescue teams, praised Dubai police for doing an excellent job.

"The Dubai team rescued a fisherman who was thrown four km from the shore. He sustained several bone fractures. He fought for his life for five days on his boat. We were able to reach him and rescue him."

Mohammed on surprise visit to local Dubai departments

Feb 26, 2005 - 10:36 -

Mohammed on surprise visit to local Dubai departments Dubai, 26 Feb., 2005 (WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Minister of Defence, made today a surprise visit to various local institutions and departments in the emirate, as part of his field activities to follow-up the progress and performance of those bodies.

Among the institutions he visited, were the Economic Department , Lands and Property Department, Dubai National Bank and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

He instructed the institutions to upgrade their performance capabilities by introducing electronic services for prompt accomplishment of citizen's transactions away from time-wasting red tape procedures, adding that conducting citizen's affaires in a sophisticated manner should be the order of the day in UAE institutions and departments.

Mohammed holds dinner banquet for Hamad

Mar 7, 2005 - 10:39 -

Mohammed holds dinner banquet for Hamad Dubai, 7 March, 2005 (WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai's Crown Prince and Minister of Defence, held today a dinner banquet for His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Emir of Qatar.

The banquet was attended by Fahim bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Minister of the Supreme Council and GCC Affaires, Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi, Minister of Economy and Planning, Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Civil Aviation's Department and Chairman of Emirates Airlines, Sultan bin Salim, Executive Director of the Ports and Customs Authority and Jebel Ali Free Zone, and Mohammed Al Gargawi, Chairman of Dubai's Holding Company.

On the Qatari side, Sheikh Hamad bin Jasim bin Jabr Al Thani, First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affaires and Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Othman, the Qatari ambassador to the UAE, attended the banquet.

WAM/CB 22 38 CCCCQQE

Last edited by a moderator:
Dubai Crown Prince visits Al Bayan press

Mar 12, 2005 - 08:24 -

UAE Defence Minister, visited here in the afternoon of today the premises of the Arabic daily, Al Bayan Press and Publication Corporation to acquaint himself with the activities at the various sections of the establishment.

Sheikh Mohammed, who was received on arrival by a number of the paper's officials, toured the editorial and technical sections where he was briefed by Da'en Shaheen, Executive Chief Editor and Sami Al Qamzi, Executive Director General of the paper.

The Dubai Crown Prince, who expressed satisfaction on the progress of work at the company, also met with a number of cadres working at the company and urged them to exert more efforts to achieve the best in press work in the years ahead.

Sheikh Mohammed was accompanied by a number of officials, including Mohammed Gargawi, Member of the Dubai Press Corporation, DPC and Hussein Lootah, DPC Executive Director.

WAM/SA

pics of the event....

Attachments

• BlobServer.jpg
    BlobServer.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 317
Dubai Deputy Ruler watches endurance race

Mar 17, 2005 - 07:18 -

Dubai Deputy Ruler watches endurance race Dubai, Mar. 17, 2005 (WAM) -- Dubai Deputy Ruler and Minister of Finance and Industry, Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, witnessed here today the 4th Sheikh Saeed bin Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Horse Racing Challenge, which was held here at the Dubai International Endurance Race City at Sieh el Silm.

Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, also witnessed the race, which was also watched by a large horse racing fans, including sheikhs and renowned horse owners.

Seventy five contestants from UAE vied for honour in the 120-kilometre race which was covered in five stages.

WAM/SA 18 15 CCCCQQE

Attachments

• fgfgfg.jpg
    fgfgfg.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 602
Mohammed to head for Oman tomorrow

Mar 18, 2005 - 08:46 -

Mohammed is to head for Oman tomorrow DUBAI, 18 MAR. 05 (WAM)-- General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, is Saturday heading for the wilayat of Nizwa in the Sultanate of Oman on an official visit at the invitation of Sultan Qaboos bin Saeed.

A high level delegation will be accompanying Sheikh Mohammed during his trip.

Qaboos receives Mohammed bin Rashid

Mar 19, 2005 - 08:50 -

Qaboos receives Mohammed bin Rashid Nizwa, Oman, 19 March 05 (WAM) -- His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Saeed of Oman received here today General Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister who conveyed to him greetings of President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and H.H.

Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.

Sultan Qaboos welcomed Sheikh Mohammed to Oman and highlighted the deep-rooted ties between the two brotherly countries and peoples.

Sheikh Mohammed stressed the importance of such brotherly visits in boosting bilateral relations and exchanging views on issues of mutual interest.

The meeting was attended by Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation and Chairman of Emirates Group, Dr Mohammad Khalfan Bin Kharbash, Minister of State for Financial and Industrial Affairs, Juma Al Majid, Chairman of the Dubai Economic Council, Ebrahim Mohammad Bu Melha, Deputy Chairman of the Dubai Department of Justice and Dubai Public Attorney, Lt General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Dubai Police Chief and other top officials.

Attending from the Omani side were Ali bin Hamood, Minister of the Omani Royal Court, Badr Saud bin Hareb, Minister In Charge for Defence Affairs and other officials.

Sheikh Mohammed's two-day visit comes as a response to an invitation from His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Saeed.

WAM/MAB 18 40 CCCCQQE

Attachments

• hjkjk.jpg
    hjkjk.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 349
  • sdfg.jpg
    sdfg.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 305
  • fdffd.jpg
    fdffd.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 320
  • erweradfsfdsdf.jpg
    erweradfsfdsdf.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 298
Mohammed bin Rashid visits Nazwa's historical sites

Mar 19, 2005 - 09:52 -

Mohammed bin Rashid visits Nazwa's historical sites Nazwa, 19 March, 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, today toured landmarks of Oman's historical city of Nazwa.

Sheikh Mohammed toured the castle of Nazwa which was built by Sultan Yousif Al Yarubi in 1660. The castle has a seven-gate fort surrounded by 21 canons.

Sheikh Mohammed also visited Jabrain castle, dating back to the the reign of Yarubi dynasty. He said Oman enjoys a very rich heritage and history that is well-preserved by today's generation.

Attachments

• hjhhh.jpg
    hjhhh.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 262
  • ftghjh.jpg
    ftghjh.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 257
  • dfgh.jpg
    dfgh.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 235
  • dfghj.jpg
    dfghj.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 288
  • dfghjjh.jpg
    dfghjjh.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 228
Mohammed in Oman Yesterday

Attachments

• dfsdfsds.jpg
    dfsdfsds.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 253
  • gfdf.jpg
    gfdf.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 298
  • fddsfgh.jpg
    fddsfgh.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 351
  • erdfg.jpg
    erdfg.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 350
  • dxfcgvhb.jpg
    dxfcgvhb.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 329
  • dfgh.jpg
    dfgh.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 228
  • zxcgvhbjn.jpg
    zxcgvhbjn.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 376
  • sedrfg.jpg
    sedrfg.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 300
  • sdfgvhbjn.jpg
    sdfgvhbjn.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 305
  • sdfg.jpg
    sdfg.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 312
Some more pictures of Sheikh Mohammed in Oman

Attachments

• xfcgv.jpg
    xfcgv.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 570
  • dfghj.jpg
    dfghj.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 549
  • fguhji.jpg
    fguhji.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 538
Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and his accompanying delegation visited the Sultan Qaboos Academy for Police Sciences in Nizwa yesterday.

After watching police officers perform drills, Sheikh Mohammed visited the academy's research centre.

The UAE officials also visited the Jissa resort, a tourism and investment project that includes three luxury hotels.

The Dubai Crown Prince ended his tour aboard the Al Maymoon yacht, where he was briefed on several offshore projects.

After leaving Oman, Sheikh Mohammed sent Sultan Qaboos a cable to thank him for his hospitality.

Gulf News

Thank you, desertrosemrk, for all the photos and news that you've been providing us with. It is greatly appreciated.

Pictures of Sheikh Mohammed while President Khalifa visits Sheikh MaktoumMarch 21, 2005

Attachments

• dfsdffds.jpg
    dfsdffds.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 255
  • fdfdf.jpg
    fdfdf.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 230
  • dfghklkk.jpg
    dfghklkk.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 313
  • vcxvcvx.jpg
    vcxvcvx.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 342
Mohammed bin Rashid attends reception

Mar 22, 2005 - 04:56 -

Mohammed bin Rashid attends reception Dubai, 22 March 2005(WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence attended here last night a reception hosted by Abdullah Rashid Juma bin Eid on the occasion of the wedding of his son , Mohammed to the daughter of Major General Mussbah Rashid Al Fatan, Director of the Office of the Dubai Crown Prince. The reception was also attended by Saeed Mohammed Al Kindi, Federal National Council Speaker , Dr. Ali Abdullah Al Kaabi, Minister of Labour and Social Affairs, Dr. Mohammed Khalfan bin Kharbash, Minister of State for Finance and Industrial Affairs in addition to other senior officials.

Attachments

• esdfcv.jpg
    esdfcv.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 266
  • sddct.jpg
    sddct.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 311
  • vvbvfr.jpg
    vvbvfr.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 242
Mohammed bin Rashid receives French Minister

Mar 22, 2005 - 04:55 -

Mohammed bin Rashid receives French Minister Abu Dhabi, 22 March(WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence received here today Gilles de Robien, French Minister for Public Works, Transport, Housing, Tourism and Marine Affairs.

During the meeting , the French official conveyed to Sheikh Mohammed the greetings of President Jacques Chirac of France and his appreciation for the great achievements that the UAE had made over the last three decades.

He also expressed his country's willingness to broaden the scope of cooperation with the UAE .

Separately, Sheikh Mohammed received members of the board of directors of the world Gold Council who held their 16th meeting in Dubai.

Attachments

• dfvgbhnjk.jpg
    dfvgbhnjk.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 300
  • sdfvghbj.jpg
    sdfvghbj.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 290
  • sxdc vn.jpg
    sxdc vn.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 354
A new poem by shaikh Mohammed :D :)

To the Equestrienne

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear, when one inquires the night about me,
He’ll find out that my care comes from the night.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And that I love horses, my sweet concern,
The one who loves horses, I also love;
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A knight, whose love of races worries me,
For whom I called out, wail, o wail-a-way!
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Equestrienne, who’s not given to wishes,
For you I wish that luck be on your side.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So used to win, my trust has never failed,
Each time she comes out a hero acclaimed.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You wearied racing-steeds, I bear witness,
As every day you reach the target first.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]World championship, listen to what I say
Is in your reach; you can and should achieve.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To championship accustomed, on them wage
A raid, like boisterous and torrential rain.
[/font]

Poem from shekih Mohammed to his wife sheikha Hind

This Poem was presented to sheikha Hind From Her husband sheikh Mohammed on their 21 st anniversary in year 2000
it has her name in it at the end... enjoy...
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To..?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are like you are though much happened
Dearest one, nobody attains your dearness to me
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your dearness I do not hide but declare it openly
Oh my foremost dream, ahead of me and after me
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The letters of your name in my heart hold a secret
Your name for the description of beauty stands in
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh perfume of 'ud, when arranged, scattered
And the first the third as the 'ud is Hindi*
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you beyond the limit of your lifetime a lifetime, and for me a lifetime
With you, and all that is left of life is immortality
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh pure as the full moon! Oh aunt of the full moon!
Oh light! Oh scattered Arabian jasmine and roses!
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you depart one hour I feel it an era
I keep a vigil at the door awaiting your return
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The course of nights, and nights have a course,
Did not change me and you are my days of bliss
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh lady of the fair, the rosy and the tan
Oh fondness, I cannot measure the ebb and flow
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have seen all nights as the Night of Destiny
And my existence thence since first I saw you, oh my love, passion
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*The line is a pun on the Arabic word for perfume, “dhn”: shifting the first letter to the third position gives “hnd”. India is the source of the finest (and now rarest) 'ud.[/font]

Dubai Crown Prince receives Intel CEO

Mar 27, 2005 - 08:46 -

Dubai Crown Prince receives Intel CEO Dubai, 27 March, 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister received here today Dr. Craig Barrett, Chief Executive Officer of the Intel Corporation.

Sheikh Mohammed discussed with Dr. Barrett the rapid transformation in the information technology currently witnessed in the UAE.

Dr. Barrett praised Sheikh Mohammed's vision for Dubai and his initiatives in the IT fields which helped UAE to become the favourite destination for investors.

"Dubai has become the destination of choice for computer and information technology firms, thanks to the excellent facilities provided by the Internet City which is considered an incubator for technology businesses," he added.

The meeting, which was attended by Mohammed Al Gergawi, Chief Executive Officer of Dubai Holding and Ahmed Binbyat, Director General of the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone, also explored avenues of spreading IT knowledge in the region through the Dubai Internet City.

Attachments

• BlobServer.jpg
    BlobServer.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 302
Mohammed bin Rashid visits Equestrian exhibition

Mar 28, 2005 - 07:25 -

Mohammed bin Rashid visits Equestrian exhibition Dubai, 28 March 2005(WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown and Minister of Defence visited here today Dubai International Equestrian Paraphernalia Exhibition which is currently under way. Sheikh Mohammed toured different parts of the exhibition which has brought together 16 countries.

Attachments

• BlobServer.jpg
    BlobServer.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 207
  • BlobServer2.jpg
    BlobServer2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 297
  • BlobServer1.jpg
    BlobServer1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 211
  • BlobServer0.jpg
    BlobServer0.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Some more pictures of Mohammed bin Rashid visiting Equestrian exhibition

Attachments

• cfgvhj.jpg
    cfgvhj.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 516
  • dfcgvhb.jpg
    dfcgvhb.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 536
Sheikh Mohammed inaugurates Dubai Men's College

Mar 30, 2005 - 04:15 -

Sheikh Mohammed inaugurates Dubai Men's College DUBAI, 30 MAR. 05 (WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, today officially inaugurated the new buildings of the Dubai Men's College.

He and Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Education, toured the buildings and spoke with the students.

Sheikh Mohammed said he was pleased to see such modern installations and orientate himself with computer and technology-based teaching methods applied in the College.

"The Dubai Men's College is the right step in the right direction and a nucleus of a future university city in Dubai, which will include new colleges and universities," said the Dubai Crown Prince.

On his part, Sheikh Nahyan dedicated the achievement to the soul of late president Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, founder of the UAE. He also thanked President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan for his "infinite support" for education and H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, for his generous bracing of the education sector in general and the Dubai Colleges of Technology in particular.

Built on a total area of 43,000 sq. meters, the new installations of Dubai Men's College cost around Dh 200 million, according to Passim Sultan, director general of Dubai Municipality, which executed the project on the directions of Sheikh Maktoum and Mohammed bin Rashid.

the pics..... from wam

Attachments

• BlobServer0.jpg
    BlobServer0.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 295
  • BlobServer1.jpg
    BlobServer1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 201
  • BlobServer.jpg
    BlobServer.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 220
  • BlobServerv.jpg
    BlobServerv.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 189
More pictures from WAM

Some more photos

Attachments

• mo.jpg
    mo.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 367
  • mo7.jpg
    mo7.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 209
  • mo6.jpg
    mo6.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 203
  • mo5.jpg
    mo5.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Satellite1.jpg
    Satellite1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 490
  • Satellite.jpg
    Satellite.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 520
A momentous boost for education By Bassam Za'za', Staff Reporter
shim.gif
Dubai: In a step described as a "momentous occasion," the long-awaited new campus of Dubai Men's College was officially inaugurated at Academic City in Ruwayyah yesterday.

31_nation_college00.jpg
Addressing an audience of more than 500, the UAE Minister of Education and Chancellor of the Higher Colleges of Technology said: "To all of us who have witnessed the birth of the college in 1989 and followed its progress, this is indeed a momentous occasion. It is a celebration of our many accomplishments over the years and it renews our confidence in the future."

"On this day, we dedicate these new facilities to the enlightened and wise leadership of the UAE's founding father, the late Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan," said Shaikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan.

31_nation_college02.jpg
The Dubai police band participated in the opening ceremony. Several students displayed electronic, mechanical, photographic and technical projects as well as business-related UAE heritage projects.

The ceremony was held under the patronage of General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, who attended the occasion.

"It is a high personal honour to welcome General Shaikh Mohammad, who is without question, an embodiment of the hopes and aspirations of the UAE people. He is truly a quintes-sential leader.

31_nation_college01.jpg
"His vision, his energy, and his commitment to excellence have enabled Dubai to achieve great economic success becoming a premier city in the Gulf," Shaikh Nahyan said.

The Dubai Crown Prince's support of education, in particular, reflects his profound commitment to the development of human resources in the country, said the Education Minister.

Shaikh Mohammad, Shaikh Nahyan and other guests explored the campus's facilities and looked at many of the students' scientific projects.

Shaikh Mohammad said he was pleased to see such modern installations and orient himself with computer and technology-based teaching methods applied in the college.

"The Dubai Men's College is the right step in the right direction and a nucleus of a future University City in Dubai, which will include new colleges and universities," said the Dubai Crown Prince.

"I am very happy with what I have seen today, because this is applied science. Applied science assists students when they graduate, especially when they join the workplace," he said.

"It is an exciting time to be in Dubai and to be at the college. We look forward to providing quality education to the future leaders of the UAE," the director of Dubai Men's College, Dr Bill Vega, told Gulf News.

In a move set to raise the benchmark of educational services across the region, DMC and IBM meanwhile announced the completion of the highly sophisticated IT infrastructure at the new campus.

The project provides DMC students with access to advanced educational technologies and helps position the college as an e-learning pioneer in the Gulf.

The campus features some of the latest technologies that enable new methods of learning, including online video lectures and online library archives and video conferencing.

Mohammed bin Rashid helps ten men get out of jail

Apr 3, 2005 - 11:02 -

Mohammed bin Rashid helps ten men get out of jail Dubai, 3 April , 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince ,UAE Defence Minister and Chairmanof Police and Public Security today helped ten inmates, nine nationals and one Indian, to breeze the air of freedom again after having settled their diya or blood money.

The initiative was made in response to pleadings made by the prisoners who were entangled by diya cases , and which the Dubai T.V. brodcasted.

It was also necessitated by Sheikh Mohammed's concern that such elements return to the society as productive and effective members of the UAE community.

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Al Ahli players

Apr 4, 2005

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Al Ahli players Dubai, 4 April, 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince, UAE Defence Minister and honorary chairman of Al Ahli Club, received here this evening members of the club's football team who were heading to Kuwait for a an away match against Kuwait club in the Asian Cup Champions league.

Sheikh Mohammed urged the players to put up best performance and to reflect the image of their country.

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Chairman of British Bank

Apr 5, 2005

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Chairman of British Bank Dubai , 5 April, 2005 (WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister has received here today Sir John Bond, Chairman of the British Holding Group, HSBC, who is on a visit to the UAE to see the progress of the Group's progress and to meet with UAE officials in the economic and banking sectors.

Sir Bond expressed his surprise and admiration as to the tremendous development in ddifferent areas making Dubai one of the fastest economically growing cities in the entire world accompanied by technological advancement.

He lauded the facilities provided for HSCB by the UAE , affirming that the booming national economy was one of the basic entities of global economy and a powerful element of attracting external investments ,especially in the banking and financial sectors.

Sheikh Mohammed also received Sheikh Hamdan bin Mubarak, Minister of Public Works who briefed him of the activities and projects and programmes of his Ministry.

Both meetings were attended by Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum,Chairman of Dubai Civil Aviation, Major General Musabah Rashid Al Fattan , Director Dubai Crown Prince's Office, Sultan bin Saleem, Executive Director of Dubai Seaports and Customs Authority, Mohammed Abdullah Al Gargawi , Chairman of Dubai Holding Company and a number of officials.

Sheikh Mohammed and his son Sheikh Rashid

Sheikh Mohammed and sheikh RashId Yesterday

Attachments

• Mo& R1.bmp
    175.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Mo& R2.bmp
    157.4 KB · Views: 118
Sheikh Mohammed

Attachments

• mo.jpg
    mo.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 206
  • mo1.jpg
    mo1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 205
  • mo2.jpg
    mo2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 271
  • mo3.jpg
    mo3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 237
  • mo4.jpg
    mo4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 206
  • mo5.jpg
    mo5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 228
  • mo6.jpg
    mo6.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 175
  • mo7.jpg
    mo7.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 202
On Monday evening, General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince, UAE Defence Minister and honorary chairman of Al Ahli Club, received members of the club’s football team.

Al Ahli is playing Kuwait in the Asian Champions League.

Sheikh Mohammed asked the players to do their best when representing their country.

WAM

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Turkish Foreign Minister

Apr 6, 2005 - 09:19 -

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Turkish Foreign Minister Dubai, 6 April 2005 (WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister has received here today Abdullah Gul, the Turkish Minister of Foreign Affaires who conveyed to him greetings from Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Sheikh Mohammed and Gul discussed bilateral relations between the UAE and Turkey and the status quo in the region.

Gul lauded the wise policy pursued by the UAE leadership at both the regional and global levels, which he described as very respected by Turkey. He also referred to the advanced developmental projects which were being implemented by Dubai emirate.

He said that Turkey was concerned with enhancing bilateral ties between both countries, especially in areas of economics, technology and exchange of technical and administrative experiences .

Sheikh Mohammed affirmed UAE readiness to extend expertise and training assistance to friendly and sisterly nations which could benefit from the rich experience gained by the UAE in building its national economy and integrated financial and investments markets, that have proved their ability to satisfy the needs and aspirations of global firms operating in technology, tourism, information and banking sectors.

The meeting was attended by Sultan bin Salim, Chief Executive of Dubai Seaports and Customs Mohammed Al Garagawi, Chairman of Dubai Holding Company and Selim Karaosmanoglu, ambassador of Turkey to the UAE.

Attachments

• mo3.jpg
    mo3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom