Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed al Maktoum

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pallas athina

Aristocracy
Does anyone know anything about Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed? Is he married? Does he have children? Is he popular in Dubai?

Ahmed bin Saeed is the uncle of sheikh Mohammed. He is also the Director of Civil Aviation Authority & Emirates Airlines.

He is a popular sportsman (mostly water sports), very popular in Dubai, and no he is not married yet.

Here are some pics:

When I lived in Dubai, the local gossip was that he was not 'officially' married (i.e. his marriage was not to a local.) However, my friends all said he was definately married to an European lady and had many kiddos. Also I think he's younger than ShkMo.

But he's definately well liked locally and respected due to his business acumen and not his politcal breeding.

:eek: he is not married ?? :wacko: ,but he looks so old....he must be gay,or at lest BI like Hamzah :lol: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by lunara@May 8th, 2004 - 7:48 pm
:eek: he is not married ?? :wacko: ,but he looks so old....he must be gay,or at lest BI like Hamzah :lol: :rolleyes:
well maybe he is and i bet many of them are ,but marry under pressure . :huh:

Hm, I have never heard of him. But he looks handsome!

Thanks! I had read awhile ago that he was not married so I was wondering if he was gay or had an unofficial Western wife. I think he is very handsome.

He is definitely not gay as he is a well known womanizer. I think he is too involved in his career to have thought of marriage. Look at what he has made of Emirates Airlines...

He is Sheikh Rashid's (Sheikh Mohammed's father) younger brother and I believe he is younger than Sheikh M.

When he was younger, he was even more handsome than now.

So do you have any pictures of him when he was younger? Also, do you know anything about Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyans son Abdullah?

I read that his brothers raised him after his father died. Do you know what happened to his mother? Does he have full siblings?

Pallas AThina: Unfortunately I do not have any pics of him when he was younger. And as to the question, are you referring to Ahmed bin Saeed or to Abdulla bin Zayed? If you are, here is some info I have. Ahmed bin Saeed's mother is originally from Ras Al Khaimah (another of the seven emirates in the UAE) from a prominent tribe. I don't know if this true, but I believe that at one stage the Maktoums conspired against him and banished him to the UK for a while for fear of him seizing the "throne". He was then returned on condition that he would not get involved in politics.

La la: Abdulla bin Zayed al Nahyan is the UAE Minister of Information and
Culture. He is the son of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, President of the UAE & Ruler of Abu Dhabi. I believe he studied at the UAE University in Al-Ain. He speaks excellent English and seems to be a very dynamic person. He is also relatively young.

He is one of Sheikha Fatima's children. Sheikha Fatima is the most powerful (and favourite) of Sheikh Zayed's (Abdulla's Father) wives. Fatima's children are all very good-looking, but surprisingly Abdulla has not inherited the good looks.

I saw him in a TV interview once, and he sounded extremely broad-minded. I will post some pics of Abdulla and his brothers (if I can find any) in the other thread on the UAE Princes, as this one is exclusive to Ahmed bin Saeed. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Layla. Yes, I have only seen Sheikh Mohammed bint Zayed and he is quite old but very handsome. I think Sheikh Abdulla bin Zayed is also cute, at least in some of the pictures. So, is he married? :blush:

Also Layla, I was quite confused when you wrote the Sheikha Hind is the only wife he has. But Sheikh Mo must have had other wives as all those 16 kids can not be his you know? Anyway, I have sent you a mail. Hope you receive it.

By the way, how can Sheikh Zayed say no to Sheikh Mo when he himself has 11-15 wives right? He is indeed one of the most visionary and generous leaders in the world and I wish him a long, healthy and fruitful life. Wished there were more great leaders like Sheikh Zayed. :flower:

/Bear Hugs

*Can not be Sheikha Hinds, I meant.

La la, I did not say that Sheikha Hind is Sheikh M.'s only wife (Princess Haya is his new bride). However, I believe that he was married twice before but divorced both wives. And yes, all his children are not from Sheikha Hind.

I don't know if Sheikh Abdulla is married or not (he probably is). Maybe one of the Emiratis can provide information on this issue.

Thank you for all the interesting information. You were right, I was referring to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid's uncle. I find it curious that the Maktoums would have banished him specifically. Didn't Sheikh Rashid (Sheikh Mohammed's father) have other brothers who could have had just as good or better a claim to rule as Sheikh Ahmed?

As an aside, I had known of Sheikh Mohammed's sons, Rashid and Hamdan, for awhile. But upon his marriage to Haya, I wanted to know more about the family. Sheikh Ahmed came up in a few searches. I think he must be a good business man as Emirates Airlines seems to be blowing away the competition. :flower:

Originally posted by lunara@May 8th, 2004 - 6:48 pm
which hamzah are you referring to?

LOL! You never know, he might see the humour in it and reply. Anyway, you don't really need to ask that question because we already know.

Yeah, I'm guessing he wouldn't reply to "Are you a womanizer?"

:lol: That was a good one!

Originally posted by Layla@May 9th, 2004 - 7:11 pm
LOL! You never know, he might see the humour in it and reply. Anyway, you don't really need to ask that question because we already know.
...that he is gay...i know it's so obvious :yuk:

How old is Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed? In his late 30s?

He was born in 1958. His father Sheikh Saeed bin (I don't know) died a few months before he was born.

La La, yes Shk Ahmed is 25yrs older than you & yet you still find him a hottie. And on this board everyone is dogging PHaya for marrying a man many years her senior. Can we all now agree that older men can be attractive?

FYI: My husband is 20yrs older than me.

Age is just a number; You go girl :flower:

Is yours a love marriage? (Just curious)

I don't have a problem with age at all either way: husband OR wife being older. I think most of the attack on Princess Haya was because she became a second wife.

Silver charm: And I quote La la (since I suck when doing a proper quote here): "you go girl".

He's married to 'white' woman.

And, yes, my marriage is a 'love' marriage. However statistically speaking arranged marriages have a lower incidence of divorce. The couples who enter an arranged relationship know their will be compromises and difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom