Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed al Maktoum

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Moroccans, Egypts and Libyans also considered arabs?

Originally posted by La la@May 30th, 2004 - 8:36 am
Yep

Actually the term I always heard used was 'blonde'. Euro/Americans were 'blond' and everyone else was something else. Sorry, I mis-informed.

Originally posted by La la@May 30th, 2004 - 12:36 pm
I'm going to kill myself. I just typed this LONG message and somehow hit something that deleted it. I'll try to recapture some of it.

There are 22 Arabic countries:

Algeria
Bahrain
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Mauritania
Morocco
Oman
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

The total Arab population is approximately 350 million. Arabic is the 6th official language of the UN because of the wide number of people who speak it worldwide.

Arab is a race and not a nationality. A Kuwaiti, Lebanese, Morrocan, Iraqi may be an Arab (not all people living in certain Arabic countries are Arabs. For example in Iraq, you have Arabs, Kurds, Assyrians, Turkomans etc. Morrocco has Arabs and Berbers). To better understand this concept, think of the South Americans. They are mostly Latins but their nationalities are Venezuelan, Colombian etc., or take the Red Indians of different tribes etc.

Now to get to the white deal. The white race is the Caucasoid race. The other two races are Negroid and Mongoloid. All people of African origin are Negroids (although there are different shades of them). All people of Far Eastern origin with slanted eyes etc. are Mongoloids (once again there is a variety here). All other people are Caucasoids. So the Anglo-Saxons, Hispanics, Arabs etc. are Caucasoids or in colloquial term "white". Once again there is a variety in the looks and colouring of these people. People of European origin are fairer while you get darker shades in the Middle East and the Subcontinent.

When Arabs refer to Europeans as "whites", they do not mean the Caucasoids. They just mean Europeans. Blonde Arabs are referred to as Arabs, so it has nothing to do with the actual colouring. For example, in the old days in Iran (which is not an Arabic country), the Europeans were referred to as "Farangi". The literal meaning is foreigner but in the olden days it was used with reference to Europeans only (Arabs were Arabs, Indians were Indians etc.). "Whites", "farangis" are not condescending terms but merely used to help distinguish what kind of people are being talked about.

Sorry for this long lecture and my apologies if you are aware of this. Just trying to clarify some points so there is no misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Layla+May 30th, 2004 - 11:17 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Layla @ May 30th, 2004 - 11:17 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-La la@May 30th, 2004 - 12:36 pm
I'm going to kill myself. I just typed this LONG message and somehow hit something that deleted it. I'll try to recapture some of it.

Algeria
Bahrain
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Mauritania
Morocco
Oman
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

The total Arab population is approximately 350 million. Arabic is the 6th official language of the UN because of the wide number of people who speak it worldwide.

Arab is a race and not a nationality. A Kuwaiti, Lebanese, Morrocan, Iraqi may be an Arab (not all people living in certain Arabic countries are Arabs. For example in Iraq, you have Arabs, Kurds, Assyrians, Turkomans etc. Morrocco has Arabs and Berbers). To better understand this concept, think of the South Americans. They are mostly Latins but their nationalities are Venezuelan, Colombian etc., or take the Red Indians of different tribes etc.

Now to get to the white deal. The white race is the Caucasoid race. The other two races are Negroid and Mongoloid. All people of African origin are Negroids (although there are different shades of them). All people of Far Eastern origin with slanted eyes etc. are Mongoloids (once again there is a variety here). All other people are Caucasoids. So the Anglo-Saxons, Hispanics, Arabs etc. are Caucasoids or in colloquial term "white". Once again there is a variety in the looks and colouring of these people. People of European origin are fairer while you get darker shades in the Middle East and the Subcontinent.

When Arabs refer to Europeans as "whites", they do not mean the Caucasoids. They just mean Europeans. Blonde Arabs are referred to as Arabs, so it has nothing to do with the actual colouring. For example, in the old days in Iran (which is not an Arabic country), the Europeans were referred to as "Farangi". The literal meaning is foreigner but in the olden days it was used with reference to Europeans only (Arabs were Arabs, Indians were Indians etc.). "Whites", "farangis" are not condescending terms but merely used to help distinguish what kind of people are being talked about.

Sorry for this long lecture and my apologies if you are aware of this. Just trying to clarify some points so there is no misunderstanding. [/b][/quote]
smarty pants!

Somalia
Sudan

The people of Sudan and Somalia are mainly black - not arabic - ain't they ?

Okay, you read about once a year where half the gulf rulers, sheikhs and poo-bahs all go falconing together, usually in Pakistan. The question, why don't they advertise for help to organize these events. You know how the USOpen has ball girls/boys and baseball has bat girls/boys. Well, I'm thinking we can be of use somehow.

I would happily volunteer my time and effort to foster greater understanding between hot-y sheikhs and well....me.

(That is until the poo-bahs find out what we have written about them online!!!)

Originally posted by stacy@May 30th, 2004 - 5:15 pm
Somalia
Sudan

Good point Stacy. That's a bit complicated. They are mixed and have some Arabic blood. Also, they are Arabic speaking.

SC: I second that but what would we be collecting? The birds? Who cares as long as we'd be in close proximity. I think I'd bee hanging to Jassim's and Haza's dishdashas, and they'd probably be kicking me to back off.

Originally posted by Layla@May 30th, 2004 - 2:41 pm

SC: I second that but what would we be collecting? The birds? Who cares as long as we'd be in close proximity. I think I'd bee hanging to Jassim's and Haza's dishdashas, and they'd probably be kicking me to back off.
I say we go cook for the boys-give them a nice hot meal once they get back from doing whatever it is they do with those birds. Here's my theory on life (like anyone on this forum cares about my various theories-but do I seem daunted, No!)

Any ways.

The human body needs two things to continue to be viable on this planet. One is nutrients and the other is well....You know. Now since we are girls of virtue and modesty (usually) we will do for these guys the one thing their wives and various girlfrinds can't do. Cook. It's old fashioned but a very, very VERY effective way of getting a man's attention. Give him what he wants. Men are simple creatures after all, they have two emotions hunger and well...You know.

What do you say girls???

SC: I can't stop laughing. You're right: the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! I swear I can't stop laughing. Since I hate the smilie that is the laughing one, I will substitute with hahahahahahhaha.

Actually, a good lesson in anthropology will teach you that your views on race are quite flawed. Asian, Negroid and Caucasian are vague terms that do not define race accurately. A scientist would never use such terms (neither do most governemts).

There are some 45 different races of people in China. All of them are Asian (as are Arabs) but they are dramatically different races. Take for example Han and Mon chinese they don't even look similar. They have similar slanting of the eyes, but even that is different. Chinese (another vague term that does not have anything to do with race) and Japanese don't even look alike.

The African continent is just as vast when dealing with race. Features, coloring, and body porportions differ just as much in Africa as they do in Asian.

Europe is also a vast wonderland. There are 16 races of people in Spain. All of them deemed "Spanish" or "caucasian" by most but they are different races none the less. Take a Prussian and a Bavarian for example two very different peoples who are classified as caucasian Germans. Prussians look Aryan while Bavarians look latin. The German language is almost unrecognizable when spoken by a Bavarian.

It is incredibly naive to say everyone from Africa is a simple Negriod or everyone is Asia is Asian. This simply isn't true and doesn't do justice to the wonderful variety of peoples who are native to these continents.

The color of your skin and the place you live have nothing what-so-ever do to with your ethnic race. Anthro 101.......simple enough.

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@May 30th, 2004 - 9:12 pm
Actually, a good lesson in anthropology will teach you that your views on race are quite flawed. Asian, Negroid and Caucasian are vague terms that do not define race accurately. A scientist would never use such terms (neither do most governemts).

There are some 45 different races of people in China. All of them are Asian (as are Arabs) but they are dramatically different races. Take for example Han and Mon chinese they don't even look similar. They have similar slanting of the eyes, but even that is different. Chinese (another vague term that does not have anything to do with race) and Japanese don't even look alike.

The African continent is just as vast when dealing with race. Features, coloring, and body porportions differ just as much in Africa as they do in Asian.

The color of your skin and the place you live have nothing what-so-ever do to with your ethnic race. Anthro 101.......simple enough.
Thank you for the information.

Blueice: welcome on board girl ;)

Originally posted by Layla+May 30th, 2004 - 7:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Layla @ May 30th, 2004 - 7:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-stacy@May 30th, 2004 - 5:15 pm
Somalia
Sudan

Good point Stacy. That's a bit complicated. They are mixed and have some Arabic blood. Also, they are Arabic speaking.

[/b][/quote]
Thanx for the information :)

I like the last one, PA. He looks relaxed. I'm sick of seeing these photos where the guys look like they are spooked horse.

Originally posted by silver charm+May 30th, 2004 - 4:02 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silver charm @ May 30th, 2004 - 4:02 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Layla@May 30th, 2004 - 2:41 pm

I say we go cook for the boys-give them a nice hot meal once they get back from doing whatever it is they do with those birds. Here's my theory on life (like anyone on this forum cares about my various theories-but do I seem daunted, No!)

Any ways.

The human body needs two things to continue to be viable on this planet. One is nutrients and the other is well....You know. Now since we are girls of virtue and modesty (usually) we will do for these guys the one thing their wives and various girlfrinds can't do. Cook. It's old fashioned but a very, very VERY effective way of getting a man's attention. Give him what he wants. Men are simple creatures after all, they have two emotions hunger and well...You know.

What do you say girls??? [/b][/quote]
Silver Charm :D You've struck gold, baby!

Pallas Athina : thank you sweetie. :flower:

La la: Some (a lot actually) pics of you know who....enjoy:

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Pics:

1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ... 7 ... 8 ... 9 ... 10 ... 11 ... 12 ... 13 ... 14 ... 15 ... 16 ... 17 ... 18 ... 19 ... 20 ... 21 ... 22 ... 23 ... 24 ... 25 ... 26 ... 27 ... 28 ... 29 ... 30 ... 31 ... 32 ... 33

Just thought I'd mention that pic 29 is a Mauri way of greeting. It was taken during SA's trip to Auckland.

I would also like to add that I think the Emirates uniforms for the trolley dollys are absolutely horrific.

Originally posted by silver charm@May 31st, 2004 - 9:57 pm
I would also like to add that I think the Emirates uniforms for the trolley dollys are absolutely horrific.
Which ones? Apparently the Duty Free ones have been designed by Nina Ricci!!!!! I find those horrific.

Originally posted by Layla+May 31st, 2004 - 6:05 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Layla @ May 31st, 2004 - 6:05 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silver charm@May 31st, 2004 - 9:57 pm
Which ones? Apparently the Duty Free ones have been designed by Nina Ricci!!!!! I find those horrific. [/b][/quote]
The ones the girls where on the plane. That pink/khaki!!! It makes me nauseous!!! The head scarf thingy that tucks into the lapel. Yuck!!!

Aha...I think the colour's beige. And the head thingy is something I think they took from the Gulf Air outfit. At least those use a better colour. Oh yes, another thing, the finishing on the EK outfits is so bad. I could have done a better job stitching.

Originally posted by Layla@May 31st, 2004 - 5:51 pm
Pallas Athina : thank you sweetie.  :flower:

1  ...  2  ...  3  ...  4  ...  5  ...  6  ...  7  ...  8  ...  9  ...  10  ...  11  ...  12  ...  13  ...  14  ...  15  ...  16  ...  17  ...  18  ...  19  ...  20  ...  21  ...  22  ...  23  ...  24  ...  25  ...  26  ...  27  ...  28  ...  29  ...  30  ...  31  ...  32  ...  33

Just thought I'd mention that pic 29 is a Mauri way of greeting. It was taken during SA's trip to Auckland.
Thank you, Layla. I can't believe we do this for one another – you know, me, you, Silver Charm, Bibi, Athina and co posting pictures and links and bein agog for tidbits. I highly appreciate it, thanks! :kiss: Have you enlarged some of the pictures – I remember some of them were impossible (blurry, taken from the outer space etc.).

Silver Charm, come on I thought the Maori thing was so cute (but ok it didn't look like him indeed).

You guys are great, I just want to tell you guys that (see, I'm a softie on the inside).

Originally posted by Layla@May 31st, 2004 - 5:51 pm
Pallas Athina : thank you sweetie. :flower:

1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ... 7 ... 8 ... 9 ... 10 ... 11 ... 12 ... 13 ... 14 ... 15 ... 16 ... 17 ... 18 ... 19 ... 20 ... 21 ... 22 ... 23 ... 24 ... 25 ... 26 ... 27 ... 28 ... 29 ... 30 ... 31 ... 32 ... 33

Thanks, Layla! I love 19 and 29. Why does he have to be so handsome?!?!?! And why can't men that handsome live in my world?

SC: I don't see anything wrong with his face. Nothing at all :innocent:

I guess I'm the only one who likes the flight attendant outfits. I thought they were beige and red with a white scarf.

Anything for my favourite girls. You are most welcome.

He does have a rugged, masculine "Marlboro" look.

And this is a lol I missed about SC's comment about the stroke. Sorry girls, but it was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom