Ruling Family of Dubai current events 1: 2004 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Desertrosemrk: is this guy form the pix the son or brother of the current King or i'm just plain confused?

How old is he and does he has any family?:confused:

thanks a lot

very confused person in England:)

hsh1969 said:
Oh thanks a lot: No I was referring to the guy in the pix not the avatar one. So he is the uncle of the current king of SA?
You're welcome. He's uncle to the ruler of Dubai. Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the UAE. Saudi Arabia and the UAE are two different countries that are ruled by different rulers and dynasties. Let me know if you don't understand. :)

Middle_East_Link_Map_208170141.gif

hsh1969 said:
he is certainly younger:p
:D Yes, he's younger than the current ruler.

hsh1969 said:
does he has a family?
He's not married but rumours are doing the rounds that he has a daughter by an Italian lady.

Last edited:
Family Tree

As stated before Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum is the uncle of the current Ruler (Emir) of Dubai. Here is some detail of that relation.

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum of Dubai (b1958), is the son of the late
Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum al-Maktoum (b 1888, d Sept 1958). He was born the same year his father died.

Sheikh Ahmed's mother, Sheikha Fatima bint Ahmed bin Suliman is the second wife, whom his father married during his last years.

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum was raised by his older half-brother
Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed al-Maktum, (b1912, d Oct 7 1990), is the father of the of Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum (B1946), the current Prime Minister of the UAE and the Ruler (emir not king) of Dubai.

Sheikh Ahmed's father is the grandfather to the current Ruler of Dubai, they were raised together by the current Ruler's father.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot: I was falling sleep last night that's why i wrote SA instead of UAE. Needed more cuban coffe to wake up:D

And so he was born the same year his father died, how sad. Is his mother still alive, she should have been very young when she was having kids and probably his father was older.
there is a good seed in the pretty genes of the guys that were born in the 1958 since he is very elegant and also Prince Al of Monaco was born in 1958.

thanks a lot.

Yes, Sheikh Ahmed's mother, Fatima, is still alive. I agree, he is a very elegant man, those are some very good genes.:D

DSF 2006: The flavour of the festival will be inspired by the remarkable projects of Dubai
http://www.ameinfo.com/71840.html
(Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum is Chairman of DSF Supreme Committee. He talks in the article about it.)

Maktoum issues Credit Law for Dubai International Financial Centre
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1130586679223&p=1041492 777827

Hamdan bin Rashid recieves foreign emissaries
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1130586673669&p=1041492 777827

Ahmed bin Saeed inaugurates 12th oil and gas exhibition
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?GXHC_JSESSIONID=fc4dd551b974f1c4&pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1130586647881&p=1041248621847

Is Princess Haya the only non-UAE national in the whole family?

tourmaline said:
Is Princess Haya the only non-UAE national in the whole family?

No, Sheikh Maktoum the ruler of Dubai married a young Iranian, I don't know if they are still married because he now has a new young "thing" on his arm.

Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan Al Nahyan question

Hello

I am doing some research for a story on the Maktoum brothers for a racing publication and am hoping someone can help me please (I have looked everywhere for a family tree but can't find one!).

Is it correct that Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum was so madly in love with Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan Al Nahyan that he only ever had her as a wife - no others?

So all four of the brothers, Maktoum, Hamdan, Mohammed and Ahmed are full brothers?

I assume this is quite rare, well both would be rare, first one wife only and second all siblings being full siblings, no half siblings?

Also, if that is the case, how many daughters did they have please?

And, if anyone has any tips about protocol and how to describe the brothers I would appreciate it, ie. is it okay to call them the Maktoum brothers?

By the way, this site is amazing and I really do think I'm hooked! I will be visiting lots I think!

Thanks!

I found this I hope this is of some help. It is from a book about Sheikh Rashid.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...However despite Sheikh Rashid’s own recovery, tragedy befell the Al Maktoum family again. In May 1983, Sheikha Latifa, wife of the Ruler, was in London for medical treatment when she passed away. Early on May 18, the Ruler’s office in Dubai broke the news of the tragedy when it announced to the media: “With our hearts full of grief for what Almighty God had ordained, the Court of HH Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum announces the death of Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan bint Zayed Al Nahyan yesterday. May her soul rest in peace and God console our hearts for the grave loss.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unusually for a woman who played her role from the background, full state mourning was accorded to Sheikha Latifa. National flags were lowered to half mast, seven days of mourning were ordered, UAE Embassies the world over were closed for three days and all public engagements cancelled.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The shock felt within the community seems to have been palpable, to the extent that the English daily Khaleej Times reported ten thousand mourners attended the last rights.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sheikh Rashid was devastated. His beloved wife of forty-four years torn from him, the stinging grief of his loss was almost too much to bear. “He loved Sheikha Latifa dearly and was hurting like I had never seen,” recalls Bin Sukat. “In around forty years of knowing Sheikh Rashid, this was the only time that I ever saw him cry. He loved her so much.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hundreds of citizens and expatriates offered their personal condolences to Sheikh Rashid and his sons. UAE President Sheikh Zayed and the Rulers of Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman and Fujairah called on them at Za’abeel Palace. The Iranian Deputy Prime Minister, Mirza Taheri, flew in to pay his respects, as did the Qatari Foreign Minister and representatives of the Rulers of Kuwait and Oman. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The death of Sheikha Latifa was a blow to her husband. Hamad bin Sukat recalls that it took several months before Sheikh Rashid seemed to return to normal, adding: “I’m sure it was never my imagination, but he never seemed quite the same.” ...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.sheikhmohammed.ae/english/dubai/fatherofDubai_fight.asp[/FONT]

thanks and....

Thanks for your help - the women don't seem to be mentioned on the family tree?

What about the four brothers/sons of Sheikh Rashid - Maktoum, Hamdan, Mohammed and Ahmed. Does anyone know how many wives and children each of them have?

And there seems to be controversy about Mohammed's wives - Hind and Haya and who is the primary wife?

Thanks in anticipation!

Picture From WAM

Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid

Attachments

• hamrashid899300234432.jpg
    hamrashid899300234432.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 242
ZZZ said:
Ahmed bin Saeed hosts dinner banquet in honour of S. Korean Premier
Sheikh Ahmed looks so cheerful and happy to meet the Korean guy.

Saba said:
Family and the role of women in child rearing, education and participation in society are very important and of great concern in the UAE. This has been an ongoing discussion for a number of years. It is an interesting look at a society trying to hold onto what they feel is important and coping with the increased influx of ideas and cultures different than their own, a delicate balance.

The UAE Women’s Federation which was established in 1975 under the leadership of Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak addresses several issue of concern regarding marriage and the family. [URL="http://www.arab.net/uae/ue_womenfederation.htm"]http://www.arab.net/uae/ue_womenfederation.htm[/URL]

Anywhere in the West, this would be called rascist and classed as discrimination!

Sheikh Ahmed
Picture from Al Bayan, Taken a couple of days ago

Attachments

• edrtfgyh.jpg
    edrtfgyh.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 767
Dubai's first Olympic Gold Medal

Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Hasher Al-Maktoum won an Olympic gold medal in the men’s double trap shooting final in the 2004 Games at Athens.

Shaikh Ahmed bin Hasher Al-Maktoum is not only the first Emirati to win an Olympic gold medal and the first sportsman from an Arab country to do so at the 2004 Games, but he also tied a world record.

This is not much more than a guess on my part, but I do not think Shaikh Ahmed is a descendant of His Highness Shaikh Rashid bin Saeed bin Maktoum Al-Maktoum (grandfather of the current ruler of Dubai, His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid bin Saeed Al-Maktoum).

Can anyone tell me what is the family relation between His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid bin Saeed Al-Maktoum (ruler of Dubai) and Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Hasher Al-Maktoum (who won the gold medal for the United Arab Emirates)?

Thak you,

Atsuo

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Khalifa Al Maktoum

Can anyone answer the 3 questions below?

1. How many brothers does Sheikh Mohammed Bin Khalifa Al Maktoum has?

2. In what way is he related to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

3. Does Sheikh Mohammed Bin Khalifa Al Maktoum own a horse called "Motivator"

alby said:
Can anyone answer the 3 questions below?

3. Does Sheikh Mohammed Bin Khalifa Al Maktoum own a horse called "Motivator"
Motivator the winner of last(?) years Epsom Derby is owned by a syndicate, who I belive is somehow conected to the Ascot racetrack

I hear that sheikh majid has a Moroccan mother. Is it true?

Yup that is true he is from a Moroccan mother...the only child he got from the lebanese lady is Shaikha Manal

hey guys i wanna ask how old sheikha roudha and sheika latifa now? about sheikha roudha she seems so cute and intelligent. thx.:)

hi guys, im new here and just wanna ask about sheikha roudha coz im big fans about her and sheikha hind. i was read in sheikh mohammed al maktoum part 1, that sheikha roudha is not her daughter. so sheikha roudha is daughter of who? as far as i know she is one of sheikh mohammed daughter, and she was open bride internatinal affairs in dubai in 2005.:sad: can anyone tell me more about sheikha roudha? and how old is she? this is some news and picture about her. thx:wub: :wub:

www.thebrideshow.com/upl_images/photogallery2005/pages/...
www.strategiy.com/exhibitionsnew.asp?id=20050413085626
www.ameinfo.com/57622.html

anyone have sheikha manal picture?

okay if sheikha roudha is not sheikh mohammed al maktoum so she is daughter of who?

The filing of this lawsuit is new, though the accusation is rather old international news that has been around for years. It has long been published of in magazines, & there is also film documentary.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060914/2/10j88.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/magazine/specials/sportsman/2004/11/12/camel.jockey/index.html

http://www.hbo.com/realsports/correspondents/bios/bernard_goldberg.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_racing

It appears that the accusations are based upon some very solid facts of evidence. A Google search will pull up much more information in regard to the plights of the child camel jockies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom