Ruling Family of Dubai current events 1: 2004 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCE

Country
Saudi Arabia
:uaeflag:

Ruling Family of Dubai current events

¤ ¤ ¤

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of leader do think Sheikh Hamdan would have made? Mak and Mo seems to be two different sides of the same coin.

La la said:
What kind of leader do think Sheikh Hamdan would have made? Mak and Mo seems to be two different sides of the same coin.
i think hamdan is more conservative (fiscally & socially). i don't think he has the inspiration to be at the helm. i think he is a very good 2nd in command. for all of mo's rogue/out of left field behaviour hamdan is more restrained. part of what has made dxb so successful is mo going off the deep end (but with his brother hamdan holding the safety rope). that is my opinion. they are very yin and yang. they complement each other.

also i think if mo was left unbridled he would've turned dxb into vegas YEARS AGO.

Ipi Tombe said:
shk mo bin khalifa al maktoum??? is that him??? he runs the land department used to be big into waterskiing. now is involved with endurance.

quite nice looking. :D
If it's him, he looks different. I saw a couple of old pictures of him with the polo-loving al Habtoor, handing over a trophy. He looks better here - he's very kind-looking.

La la said:
If it's him, he looks different. I saw a couple of old pictures of him with the polo-loving al Habtoor, handing over a trophy. He looks better here - he's very kind-looking.
from the habtoor polo site....whaddya think??? same guy???

Attachments

• mobinkhalifa.jpg
    mobinkhalifa.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 691
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=52269&subsec=1

[font=Arial,]HRTV to air Dubai International Racing Carnival [/font][font=Arial,]HorseRacing TV will provide live coverage of the 11-date Dubai International Racing Carnival at Nad al Sheba racecourse, which will begin on Thursday and conclude with the Dubai World Cup (UAE-G1) program on March 26. Additional dates for the carnival include January 27, February 3, February 10, February 11, February 17, February 24, February 25, March 5, and March 10. HRTV coverage will begin at 12 p.m. EST, with the exception of the Dubai World Cup telecast, which will begin at 9 a.m. EST. [/font]

if this is the same feed that is seen by viewers in dubai-there should be some pretty good sheikh watching. usually the boys are there chatting and goofing off. and occasionally mo shows up for a race or two. if you can get hrtv-check it out. :)

The ALMaktoum's at Eid Prayers ToDay

Attachments

• EID.bmp
    150.3 KB · Views: 351
  • eid2.bmp
    160 KB · Views: 206
http://www.prestontoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?sectionid=73&articleid=924821

Sheikh boosts city aid mission
The Sheikh of Dubai is providing one of his Hercules planes so that Preston's Muslim community can take much-needed medical aid to Indonesia.
Mosques in Preston have been rallying round to raise funds to help those affected by the tsunami disaster which hit South Asia on Boxing Day.
More than £100,000 has so far been raised by Preston's Muslim community and one delegation has already been out to distribute funds directly to those in need. Now, a team from Preston is planning to head out to Indonesia on behalf of the North West Relief Trust which has donated £6,000 to deliver medical aid such as painkillers, ointment and bandages to the devastated region.
Sohail Nawaz, general secretary of the Raza Mosque, on St Paul's Road, is flying to Indonesia on Sunday with Ishaq Ahmed, Mohammed Abdul Samad, Abdul Maroof and Abdullah Valli, who all live in Preston.
The men have paid for flights themselves and were planning to take the medical aid with them on their
mercy mission. Thanks to the generosity of pharmaceutical companies and the public, they have collected three-and-a-half tons of medical equipment.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, has offered them the use of a Hercules transporter to deliver the equipment.
The plane will fly into Heathrow on Sunday before heading for Indonesia.
The team will be met by members of the Indonesian Army who will help them to distribute aid.
Sohail said: "We began ringing around companies to ask for donations or to allow us to buy supplies at trade prices.
"We realised we were not going to be able to carry all the aid with us on the plane, so began looking at alternatives.
"One of the chaps going out with us told us he knew someone in Dubai who was willing to donate the freight costs.
"Our contact spoke to the Sheikh, who responded by giving us a Hercules.
"This mission demonstrates how the Muslim community can come together to the aid of the world, irrespective of race and religion."
The Raza Mosque has collected around £8,000, while Muslim organisation Al-Ansar donated £3,000 and the Aqsa Mosque collected £2,000 towards the mission of mercy.
Mosques in Preston have all pledged a donation.
Ishaq Ahmed, of Argyll Road, Deepdale, said: "We want to take basic medical necessities rather than clothing as other countries and organisations are donating items like this.
"If we get there and we have too much in the way of medical supplies, at least we can donate it to hospitals in the country as they will be able to make use of the equipment and it will not be wasted."
e-mail: aasma.day@lep.co.uk
20 January 2005

This is the ALMaktoum Family Tree but Many are missing
dubairulingfamily.jpg

Attachments

• dubairulingfamily.jpg
    dubairulingfamily.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,559
Sheikh Ahmed

Attachments

• dgh.jpg
    dgh.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 735
  • dsfgh.jpg
    dsfgh.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 732
  • fgghhj.jpg
    fgghhj.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 842
  • ghhjk.jpg
    ghhjk.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 753
Sheikh Ahmed from yesterday

Attachments

• jjjkjk.jpg
    jjjkjk.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 698
  • fghj.jpg
    fghj.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 532
  • sdf.jpg
    sdf.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 651
Sheikh Ahmed with Mohammed bin Rashid visits Nazwa's historical sites

Attachments

• hjhhh.jpg
    hjhhh.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 623
  • ftghjh.jpg
    ftghjh.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 534
Sheikh Ahmed with Sheikh Mohammed visiting Oman

Attachments

• Ahmmed.jpg
    Ahmmed.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 645
  • dfsdfsds.jpg
    dfsdfsds.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 693
  • sdfg.jpg
    sdfg.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 608
  • sdfgvhbjn.jpg
    sdfgvhbjn.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 566
Some more pictures of Khalifa visiting Maktoum

Attachments

• trtrr.jpg
    trtrr.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,274
  • sdsdsf.jpg
    sdsdsf.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,297
  • dssdfds.jpg
    dssdfds.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,298
At Dubai World Cup

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,204
  • cup.jpg
    cup.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 536
  • cup12.jpg
    cup12.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 384
Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum,

Attachments

• ertyu.jpg
    ertyu.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,213
  • rftghj.jpg
    rftghj.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,210
  • rty.jpg
    rty.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 516
  • sdfghj.jpg
    sdfghj.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,162
  • tyui.jpg
    tyui.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,186
Sheikh Hamdan

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,204
  • esrd.jpg
    esrd.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,294
  • Satellite.jpg
    Satellite.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,212
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,247
Another Photo of Sheikh Hamdan

Attachments

• Satellite7.jpg
    Satellite7.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,159
  • ham.jpg
    ham.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 666
‘Stop nationals from marrying foreign women’
By Salah El Debarki

7 April 2005

FUJAIRAH — The Parents Council of Hamad bin Abdulla Al Sharqi School in Fujairah has urged the Marriage Fund to support mass weddings in Fujairah and to discourage national youth from marrying foreign women mainly because of the prohibitive cost of a wedding. Shaikh Abdulla Al Sharqi said the extravagant spending in marriages had only resulted in problems among youth, often leading to debt traps. The high cost involved in a wedding forced the youth to prefer marriage with foreign women, which would have a negative impact on society, he said, and asked the Marriage Fund to take measures to reverse this trend.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2005/April/theuae_April243.xml&section=theuae&col=

Family and the role of women in child rearing, education and participation in society are very important and of great concern in the UAE. This has been an ongoing discussion for a number of years. It is an interesting look at a society trying to hold onto what they feel is important and coping with the increased influx of ideas and cultures different than their own, a delicate balance.

The UAE Women’s Federation which was established in 1975 under the leadership of Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak addresses several issue of concern regarding marriage and the family. http://www.arab.net/uae/ue_womenfederation.htm

Last edited:
Thank you very much Ms. Saba for the link. I remember reading sometime back that highly educated Emirati women were reluctant to marry local men who were not as educated as themselves so I guess the problem is reversed now, as they had predicted. The UAE and Qatar are the only countries that I can come up with where literacy among women outstrip that of men.

As for the problem of local men marrying foreign women, are they contemplating permitting local women to sponsor foreign husbands for instance, for a change? I know this has been a problem for quite some time but I'd like to know how big of a problem it is. Does anyone have a figure to present? You know, it would be disasterous if a man who actually fell in love with a foreign woman couldn't marry her....

Last edited:
La la said:
You know, it would be disasterous if a man who actually fell in love with a foreign woman couldn't marry her....

you can always marry in a foreign jurisdiction (the brides country, for example.)

Marriage and Education of Women in the UAE

First time I have attempted to post pics, hope it works. Women from Zayed University in Abu Dhabi were honored by President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed.
The pics are courtesy of WAM, published earlier in the week.

LaLa, Thank you for your link as well. Each state of the UAE is slightly different in its rulings and ideas about marriage of local women to foreign husbands, there are exceptions. I recently read about such a marriage in Abu Dhabi in that regard but can not recall the details; it really does not seem to be a huge problem. I doubt that there are any internal records that would be made public in this matter. The open discussions about marriage and family in the UAE are simply proactive.

Marrying foreign women is of great concern for several reasons, family law is governed by Shari’a law and that is very important. Often the foreign woman may not fully understand family law and its impact.

There is something very positive to be said for wanting to maintain a strong sense of family and its precious bonds.

Attachments

• Women of Zayed U honored by Pres Shk Khalifa ld.jpg
    Women of Zayed U honored by Pres Shk Khalifa ld.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,453
  • Women of Zayed University ld.jpg
    Women of Zayed University ld.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Women of ZU honored ld.jpg
    Women of ZU honored ld.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,262
Last edited:
Saba said:
There is something very positive to be said for wanting to maintain a strong sense of family and its precious bonds.

i completely agree with you!!!

also i think the stats are that 'arranged' marriages have a 30% divorce rate and 'love' marriages have a 50% divorce rate.

OK, according to this article local women can sponsor foreign husbands.

Local women can now sponsor expat husbands
By Nada S. Mussallam

14 July 2004

ABU DHABI - Foreigners married to local women can now be sponsored by their wives and obtain a labour card, said a senior official.

Earlier, non-nationals married to local women were not allowed to have the sponsorship of their wives. The new system is based on the cabinet decree No. 3/455 of 2004 which stipulates that it is permissible that husbands in this category could be sponsored by their wives, said Dr Khazraji.

The ministerial decision will be implemented with immediate effect, he said.

The under-secretary said the ministerial decree also stipulates that the couple should abide by the order of higher authorities in obtaining an approval from the Presidential Court for the marriage.

'The ministerial decree stressed that the couple should abide by the decision of the Presidential Court concerning approval of the marriage,' said Dr Khazraji.

He said that the decision will help in overcoming difficulties faced by this category in being dealt with as foreigners.

He said his ministry had earlier received a large number of applications requesting that non-national men who are married to national women get special treatment regarding labour transactions and procedures.

'As per the directives of Mattar Humaid Al Tayer, Minister of Labour and Social Affairs, to study the issue, we carefully investigated the matter and came up with a recommendation on which the ministerial decision was based,' said Dr Khazraji.

'I think the decision is good and quite fair. It will definitely create a kind of social stability and strengthen family bonds. Foreigners married to local women must be treated in a special way, I believe,' he said.

About the duration of the residence visa, Dr Khazraji said so far it has been agreed that the residence visa will be valid for three years. According to preliminary statistics, the ministerial decree will be in favour of nearly 8,000 non-nationals married to local women most of whom are Egyptians and Syrians.

however children of those marriages can not recieve their mother's passport. :confused:

Sheikh Ahmed beside Sheikh Mohammed

Attachments

• mo ah.jpg
    mo ah.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 388
  • mo ah.jpg
    mo ah.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 320
sheikh majid

Does anyone know anything about Sheikh Majid? We were introduced, but I am just curious about him.. I don't know much about his role, and stuff like that.
Is he going to University? Does he live in Dubai?

This is from Sheikh Mo's website it is a profile on Sheikh Majid it is a little old from 2003

Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum is a multi-talented young man who enjoys the traditional sports of horse and camel riding as well as football, swimming and shooting.

He considers his father, General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister, his coach, teacher, and mentor.

Sheikh Majid, 16, studies at Rashid School for Boys. He is heavily involved with many sporting and social activities. He has participated in several endurance races in Europe, and is currently preparing for the World Junior Championships on September 27 in Italy.

He says that his father taught him that it is much more important to build a mutual understanding with your horse than to win races. A rider must know how far he can push his horse, sense when it is tiring and not just focus on winning at any price.

He believes that the rider bears 80% of the responsibility with 20% left to the horse. The rider should always control the speed of the race.

Sheikh Majid feels that today’s youth should be more involved in traditional sports, including horse riding, swimming, shooting, and camel riding, because he believes they play a major role in developing people mentally and physically.

Sheikh Majid is also following in his father’s footsteps as a racehorse owner. He says that he currently owns 35 racehorses and is eager to continue developing his stable.

Away from sports, Sheikh Majid enjoys reading about history in Arabic and English and is also very interested in current affairs.

Al Bayan

tourmaline said:
Does anyone know anything about Sheikh Majid? We were introduced, but I am just curious about him.. I don't know much about his role, and stuff like that.
Is he going to University? Does he live in Dubai?
So what was he like? was he polite? arrogant? just a regular kid?
:) just curious. I've heard of encounters with both Rashid bin Mo and Hamdan bin Mo, but none of the other brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom