Ruling Family of Dubai current events 1: 2004 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe everything i read but i know that some royals are known to be with women they are not married to and some wives know about it. but as far as the slave thing i really hope thats not true but who knows whats true or not unless we live there

It would be hard to believe that they would abuse their workers especially in a foreign country where they know they can take legal action against them, take them to court, sue them etc and itll be all over the papers something which im sure they wont want. Most times, I find such stories & articles to be taken to the next level to make them more interesting for readers.

Olatunji Faleye claims he was targeted because he was one of few black employees working for Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the multi-billionaire ruler of Dubai.
The allegations emerged at an employment tribunal providing a rare glimpse into the inner workings of the Sheikh’s UK palaces, including claims of adulterous affairs and drug addiction. - The Telegraph

I wonder which part of the allegations is true.:whistling:
The article has some inaccuracies. For example, they claim the Princess Haya "gave birth to a son in 2007".:ermm:

well if they don't have any idea about the sex of Haya baby who is born a years ago what make them sure this allegations is true????:D

sometime this accusation are not more than attempt from the employees to get more money from their royals boss IMO.

It would be hard to believe that they would abuse their workers especially in a foreign country where they know they can take legal action against them, take them to court, sue them etc and itll be all over the papers something which im sure they wont want. Most times, I find such stories & articles to be taken to the next level to make them more interesting for readers.

Quite to the conterary! Why would it be hard to believe? Many Gulf Royals are not held in high regard internationally for their moral sophistication & the ingrained culture of abuse of employees in the UAE is long established knowledge by foreign govermants the press & human rights organizations... Given this, is it so hard to believe that this culture pervades into the housholds of Gulf Royal Families & that of Sheikh Mohammed's Household. Is it hard to believe that sometimes it is forgotten that diplomatic immunity will NOT save any of them from being humiliated by the exposure or discussion of allagations in the free press that existists outside the UAE & the Gulf. Can anyone else on here site examples? Please feel free for there are many... One very recent & very high profile case of abuse of a Black employee in London by a Gulf Royal.., Please feel free...

Sometimes they forget themselves.

Last edited:
That is true but the article unfortunately said Rashid and depending on which website that has reposted it ( appx 56) at this time you get different excerpts of it and I don't know who the journalist is but I have a feeling he didn't fully check facts before publishing because he said Haya has a son and we know she has a daughter. There is usually always some truth to a rumour. I don't know what the vendetta against Rashid by this reporter is but the article in truth didn't have anything to do with his kids behavior that was just 1 sentence thrown in. The sad thing is he has a reputation in the Horse industry apart from his dad and he is very well liked and admired by people who are in those circles. If I were him I would throw the journalist with a slander suit if he couldn't come up with concrete proof. Just like people misconstruing the lawsuit several years ago in which the other guy who sued him has a horrible reputation and never actually spoke to him directly over the matter before taking him to court.

What vendetta? Fortunately there is freedom of speech & expression in Europe so no one can sue for slander simply for saying something they don't like about them. They must prove it is untrue & prove real damage. If they can be proven untrue, hurt feelings, embarresment are not thing that damages could be awared for (to my understanding), it must cause a significant financial loss or damage to career or business that must be demonstrated or damage to ones health. The journalist simply quoted an allegation made by one of the 3 people who have bought cases against them which is of public interest, regarding Sheikh Rashid recently undergoing drug rehabilitation. Printing quotes or allegations is not stander, is perfectly legal & and is his professional duty if it is relevent which it is. If the Sheikh Rashid did not undergo drug rehabilitation & should want to sue then he would have to sue the person who alleged it & not the reporter & if he were to sue this person can he prove without lieing that he has not undergon drug rehabilitation? A high profile politition has recently been sentanced to prison for several years for lying in court in an attempt to protect his reputation from damaing allegations about him attending sex orgies at a swingers club, then there was the other very high profile case of Jeffry Archer (a cabinet member of Margrett Thatchers government), been sent to Prison for several years for having lied in court about paying prostitute in a lible case he brought, then there was Jonathan Atkin before him. So, if it is untrue, let Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed sue but if he lies he could be in big very big trouble.

...Actually you are incorrect. Coming from someone in my family who is in the newspaper business a journalist is liable for printing untrue information. It is obvious for whatever reason you seem to have an issue with him anyways. Regardless I could care less what he does I just stated what I would do. BTW it would be more then hurt feelings he is not the lazy spoiled rich brat people think he is and he does have a reputable reputation and is very highly regarded here in the horse racing industry. So yes it could damage his income. Lastly the topic was completely irrelevant to the article which was discussing the issues regarding the affairs etc. I dont believe he gives a rats butt about some stupid so called journalist.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Maddytravels, you are incorrect. The reporter has not printed untrue information unless you count the incorrect sex of Haya's child which is not libleous. The reporter reported an allegation or quote which is entirly legimate & legal under freedom of speech & freedom of expression & Human Rights laws of the European Union & USA. The reporter is reporting allegations made by 3 former employees in the process of opening 3 cases of unfair dismissal of staff at the Maktoum household in which one of them was pressured to spy on sexual behavior and was encouraged with a bribe offer. If you are mistreated by an employer or treated unfairly by an employer is it surprizing or wrong that someone feels no obligation to keep silent about matters that might cause great damage to reputations or embrassment?

< ed by Warren >

...when Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum was taken to court in South Africa a few years ago it was as a result of more that 200 calls & messages requesting payment of what Sheikh Rashid owed falling on deaf ears... Only a complete Fool would be suprized at being taken to court & quite reanonably being publicly outed for conducting their business affairs in such an irrational, dispeputal & foolishly arrogant manner to people who have rendered services to them. Finally does anyone see think it is possible to further damage the reputation of someone who would gleefully allow themselves to be photographed [allegedly] inflicting the most aweful cruelty, untold, unessecessary suffing on an a Zebra by [allegedly] slicing it's legs of while it alive & on it's feet?

I ask, how is it possible to damage the reputation of person who is so skillful or wreckless as a servent of his own doom?

....... Freedom of expression Does Not Include printing unproven accusations against someone. My family has personally been thru this recently from a journalist who was fired and had a vendetta and started a blog to trash my family. He told many lies and his opinions and false accusations down to complete stupid stuff as to decor and flooring in the house. He was court ordered to shut the blog down. None of us know the truth and frankly it's none of our business. If he had a problem that's his business, he is only human. As for the lawsuit there are 2 sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between. The guy who filed the lawsuit has a horrible reputation and is a crook so based on his character I would definitely say the truth is somewhere in the middle. As for the Zebra pic if you had any knowledge at all about that animal you would know that they are not by a long shot a gentle docile animal. They are an extremely agressive and ferocious animal.
Also he was in Africa on a SAFARI hunting trip and hello they are an animal that is hunted and killed. That is just life. If the pic wasn't photo shopped them he must have some heck of a strength to hold that animal in place like that. As far as his reputation in the horse racing industry here in the US he has an excellent reputation. I know that first hand. It is very apparent you have issues with the Maktoum family and you are entitled to that as well as I am titled to my opinion and everyone else is entitled to theirs. Stop spending your energy on whatever your grudge is and worry about yourself as for me I am really over this subject peiord with you. I find this somewhat of an annoyance and you can write whatever you want but you will not change my opinion of him. Peace Out.

Finally does anyone see think it is possible to further damage the reputation of someone who would gleefully allow themselves to be photographed inflicting the most aweful cruelty, untold, unessecessary suffing on an a Zebra by slicing it's legs of while it alive & on it's feet?

I'm speechless and completely repulsed after reading this. How can anyone with a conscience live with themself treating an innocent animal in such a way. Disgusting.

I ask, how is it possible to damage the reputation of person who is so skillful or wreckless as a servent of his own doom?

I agree.

Just because someone may be considered "Royalty, Prince, Princess, Sheikh, Highness" or whatever title, does not mean they have the class, integrity, conscience or heart to use what they've been priviledged in life in positive ways. Money may buy alot and may also hide alot of secrets but nobody is invincible from the ultimate judgment we will all have to face one day...

...I do know Sheikh Rashid very well. I have no issue with the Maktoum family but do with ALL people who abuse the privilage or position & think they can do what ever they want & think no one will speak up about them when they see it fit to exploit & abuse others they deem themselves superior to.

Dealing with Sheikh Rashid in the US or UK is entirely different to dealing with him in the UAE as many have discovered.
< ed..Warren>

ok did I understand it right that there is a picture in which Rashid slices the legs of a living Zebra? u sure?
and he was on court in Africa? any further information about that? is it the story of him failiung to pay for horses which has been mentioned already in the forum and has he been in court for other reasons too?

Wait a sec, tommy1, have you actually witnessed Rashid torturing the zebra??

Yes there is and it has been posted on this & other forums. Yes it's the same court case. Maddytravels brought with a spin on it, so I addressed it. In the case where a valuable horse was seized by the court which forced Rashid to settle before it came to court, it came out he had lied to his father over money matters. This coinsided exactly with Rashid's sudden dissapearence from the scene & very soon afterwards Sheikh Hamdan was made Crown Prince of Dubai.

@tommy1 can you maybe post the picture here? I'm 100 % i've never seen it. :) btw. I think we had the story already why Rashid dissappeard/ why hamdan's the crown prince. I think we never will know 100 % what happened and it actually doesn't matter. Maybe we should move on because the rashid-story has nothing to do with the article about the employees or am I wrong?

Wait a sec, tommy1, have you actually witnessed Rashid torturing the zebra??

What are you trying to say Jamilla?
I have not "actually whitnessed" Sheikh Rashid torturing the Zebra. Nor have I actually whitnessed a Man land on the Moon nor an Atomic Bomb dropped over Hiroshima... Does that mean that it is unreasonable to be convinced that these events actually happened??

Actually Tommy1 you are the one who bought up the zebra issue and court case in your post. I just responded to it. Second in previous posts in the past you gave the impression you were in the UAE but go back up to your first response to my post and your claiming to be in England and once again your leaving the insinuation your in the UAE????

What are you trying to say Jamilla?
I have not "actually whitnessed" Sheikh Rashid torturing the Zebra. Nor have I actually whitnessed a Man land on the Moon nor an Atomic Bomb dropped over Hiroshima... Does that mean that it is unreasonable to be convinced that these events actually happened??

Don't be childish tommy1... I'm saying that you are jumping into conculsions based on a single photo, very dubious photo on top of everything. We are talking about fragments of second here which many times are interesting and unusual but do not mirror reality (that's why photography is the considered art btw). In "your" photo there is no single trace of blood for example ( except of author's signature which was colored in red - accidentally??) , it is not clear what is the "tool" that Rashid is holding and as the poster above already said, zebra is a wild animal, ok? In all honesty, I somehow cannot imagine him standing still and patiently waiting for his highness to chop off his leg...

Anyhow, I didn't react on your post in order to argue with you, I know your opinion on al Maktoums, especially on Rashid, I don't agree with you and that's it. More than that I am surprised that moderators let you write such unsubstantial gossips for such a long time. This forum is known for it's strict compliance with rules but on one hand, posts which are considered "empty" are being deleted big time ( at least mine have been) and those containing defamatory and false information are in best case, being ignored. How come?:question:

jamila said:
Don't be childish tommy1... I'm saying that you are jumping into conculsions based on a single photo, very dubious photo on top of everything...
Thank You and Amen!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/LadySkyler/leg.jpg
Here is some picture of the doubters. But this topic has been gnawed bones!:bang: I even think that Rashid's only victim.:sad: I look forward to he come back. I think he is much better than Hamdan.
For me, Hamdan has a better profile of a future ruler
Eventhough, Rashid has a much more strong personnality i guess, he would be a selfish & strict ruler...just saying
When Hamdan is rather more calm & warmful, maybe he's not like that, but atleast thats what we feel toward him.

This is quite a heated discussion going on, and I personally have never understood the anger and strong opinionated comments tommy1, seems to have against Rashid, because it is a re-occuring theme pattern with him. I'm just curious is all...

I can only say that it has nothing to do with the employment dismissal case against the Al-Maktoum estate in the UK, and my personal opinion is that these rumors about Rashid do not ring true to me. In his last recent pictures he looks rather healthy and muscular and smiling with his siblings, and not thin, haggard, and anxious looking like a drug addict. That's just my opinion, and we have no proof that he is a drug addict, and just some off colour comment by a reporter in an article unrelated to Rashid himself is not enough for me to be convinced that he has a problem with drugs.

Personally I admire Rashid for the name he has made for himself in horse racing at such a young age.

Good for maddytravels for sticking up for herself and her comments...I also wish we could see more of Rashid in the public eye.

And I am also curious to know in what context tommy1 "knows" Rashid as he claims...I mean he always puts that out there on the forums, but never goes deeper into how he met/knows him. Yet he has very strong emotional responses to any posts regarding Rashid. Personally, I find that behavior very intriguing.:flowers:

Unless the complaints of all 3 people are settled out of court, then we may hear a great deal more. Let's see.:whistling:

Even if this employee is saying the truth or not, we have the right of doubting specially that its very easy to invent things about those people.
But none can deny that those sheikhs do bad things & dont respect their own rules, & some of them use their power to humilate people, but of course not all of them, i do believe that generalizations are all false including this one

Totally agree with you! I think no one's a angel but just talking about the whole family or all sheikhs is not fair since so many of them seem to be pretty nice and down to earth and do a lot of charity etc.
I also think that we may never will know the truth about the employee-story (if they lied or if it's true) so it doesn't help anything if we judge about them now. :)

Posts containing defamatory statements have been edited or deleted.
Posts personally abusing other members have been deleted.
Posts referring to Forum posters in abusive and insulting terms have also been deleted.
Replies to deleted posts have been removed as they no longer have any context.

If anyone has objection to this, contact me by PM. Do not post objections in this thread.

Warren
UAE moderator
TRF Administrator

Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Sports Council Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Egypt's Minister of Culture Emad Abu Ghazi, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, his Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and the wife of Prince Ali of Jordan Princess Rym Lakhdar Brahimi attend the opening ceremony of Arab Media Forum 2011 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 17 May 2011.

Belga picture gallery

:previous:
the video : News

just watched the video...he is such a sweet and adorable sweety!!!
girls, have a look at the new video of Wednesday, 18: Mohammed meets with media personalities on www.sheikmohammed.com.ae
His smile is soooooo lovely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom