Ruling Family of Dubai current events 1: 2004 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum's horse won the Breeders' Cup. Sheikh Mohammed's horse came in second. Mohammed's son Hamdan accepted the award on behalf of his uncle. I have heard him speak english before but he while accepting the award he was studdering a little and having a heard time speaking english.

thats pity on hamdan bin mohammed and rashid bin mohammed for their weak english

Do anyone can post the picture of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid with his Uncle Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum ? waiting to hear ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Madiya pleased with strides made in health for UAE women

By Alaric Gomes, Staff Reporter

Dubai: The captain of the UAE women's endurance team is pleased with the drastic changes taking place in the world of women's fitness since the past few years.
"It's really amazing to see so many health and fitness clubs and programmes exclusively dedicated for women in the UAE," stated Shaikha Madiya Bint Hasher Al Maktoum in an exclusive interview with Gulf News...

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/06/11/17/10083177.html

Can i ask one question ?

If Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa bin Saeed Al Maktoum is the cousin of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum so whats the relationship of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed with Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa bin Saeed Al Maktoum ?

Kalifa bin Saeed, Rashid bin Saeed, and Ahmed bin Saeed are brothers. Therefore, Ahmed is the uncle of the offspring of both Kalifa and Rashid.

Shaikh Saeed proud to have won medal

Dubai: Shaikh Saeed Bin Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum demonstrated what the true definition of a sportsman is when he took defeat in his stride and said that he was 'happy to have won the silver medal' in the men's Skeet individual shooting competition at the Asian Games yesterday...
(Includes photo)
http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Shooting/10088178.html

What can be the reason ?

Do any one know if Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum ( The uncle of Dubai Ruler Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum ) is single or married ? I heard rumours saying he is married to a foreigner lady but he haven't announced officially and that he also have a child from her is this true ? If not why dont he get married even though when he is already 46 years old ? Do he have any personal fortune ?

Shaikha Latifa and UAE team wins bronze Medal at Asian Games

UAE quartet rides high

By Sarah Tregoning, Staff Reporter

Doha: As his grey gelding Almutawakel cleared the final fence, Mohammad Al Kumaiti dropped his reins and punched both hands in the air in jubilation.
His clear round had just sealed the UAE's third-place position in the team showjumping competition at the Asian Games...
(Includes Photos)
http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/General/10088835.html

help_ful2002 said:
Do any one know if Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum ( The uncle of Dubai Ruler Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum ) is single or married ? I heard rumours saying he is married to a foreigner lady but he haven't announced officially and that he also have a child from her is this true ? If not why dont he get married even though when he is already 46 years old ? Do he have any personal fortune ?

From what I have heard... He is not married but he does have a daughter with a foreign lady.

Thanks for the information

Do you know where she is from or what she do ? Is the sheikh seen with her daughter any picture available ? whats her age ? do the sheikh ever visit her ? whats the sheikh fortune ?

i've a doubt that is out of this context. with Sheikh Maktoum's death, shouldn't be Sheikh Hamdan the ruler? He's older than Sheikh Mohammed ...

Not always is the succession one of age. Derivation often occurs. Sheikh Mohammed was the Crown Prince and thus the heir designate. Sometimes the Crown Prince can change as has happened over the past few years in Qatar, Sharjah, and Ras al Khamaih.

D'arcy said:
i've a doubt that is out of this context. with Sheikh Maktoum's death, shouldn't be Sheikh Hamdan the ruler? He's older than Sheikh Mohammed ...

Yes sheikh Hamdan is older but sheikh mohammed was the crown prince and as Royal friend said its not always about age

Do any one know the full name of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum mother ? Is she still alive ? How about Sheikh Khalifa Bin Saeed Al Maktoum is he is alive and do he have any official positions ?

I discovered that Sheikha Fatima Bint Ahmed Bin Suliman is the mother of Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum but do any one if she is still alive ? Do any one she was from which tribe ? When was that Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum married her ?

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum was born on December 20, 1958 in a traditional Arab fort in Shindagha, an area of Dubai located between Dubai's Creek and the sea . After attending school at Al Ittihad School in Dubai , he studied in England and went on to University and earned a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Denver, Colorado, USA .His Father name was Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum and his is mother Sheikha Fatima Bint Ahmed Bin Suliman.

He is President of the Department of Dubai Civil Aviation and Chairman & Chief Executive of Emirates Airline & Group, which includes Dnata, the sole ground handling agency at Dubai International Airport and the biggest travel agency in the Middle East .Sheikh Ahmed is also the Chairman of The Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority, Chairman of the Supreme Committee of the Dubai Shopping Festival and Dubai Summer Surprises, Director of Dubai Golf Club and Director of the Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club and Chairman of Alliance Insurance Co., Dubai International Marine Club, the British University in Dubai and Dubai Power and Energy Committee.

He is the younger brother of the late ruler of Dubai, HH Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al-Maktoum.
In early 2003, Sheikh Ahmed was appointed Deputy Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council where he is responsible for formulating strategies and policies for Dubai.
He is Well-known in Dubai and abroad, Sheikh Ahmed is a hands-on Chairman and Chief Executive of the Emirates Group who encourages innovation. He is regarded as a team player and a good listener, someone who will give the opinions of others careful consideration. Many who work with him also tell of his exceptional memory.

Yesterday he was appointed as the head for Nur Islamic Bank by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid .
Can any one open one forum where we can post his interview,pictures and activities ?

Why we not open one forum where we discuss and post pictures of Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum children or better we open one forum which will be opened for about every member linked with Al Maktoum Family ? Because i have seen that Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid and His older brother Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum together with their uncle Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum are leading Dubai in to a visionary hub for every field so why dont we meet together to follow them up with photo's and news together of all three as family news ?
Their uncle Sheikh Khalifa Bin Rashid Al Maktoum is still alive or dead do any one know ?

shaikh Hamdan

does anyone know if shaikh hamdan is set to marry a certain person yet?
if so, who?

I'm pretty new here, but I was wondering if Sheikh Mansour was Sheikha Hind's son.

Rihga said:
I'm pretty new here, but I was wondering if Sheikh Mansour was Sheikha Hind's son.

yes he is sheikha hinds son

I saw Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid today at Epsom. One of his horses became first, another one third. He seems to become much more successful than Godolphin - I wonder what Mo is thinking about that.

Does anyone know if Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid has more wives than one - I think officially he's married to Sheikha Alia - as both his brothers Mo & the late Mak have / had more than one wife?

Duke of Marmalade said:
Does anyone know if Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid has more wives than one - I think officially he's married to Sheikha Alia - as both his brothers Mo & the late Mak have / had more than one wife?

No other wifes have been mentioned before for sheikh hamdan. He's wife is not sheikha Alia. Sheikha Alia was Sheikh Maktoum's wife. Sheikh Hamdan's wife is Sheikha Roda

dazzling said:
No other wifes have been mentioned before for sheikh hamdan. He's wife is not sheikha Alia. Sheikha Alia was Sheikh Maktoum's wife. Sheikh Hamdan's wife is Sheikha Roda

Oh yes, got it wrong. Found her name as Sheikha Rawda (= Roda) bint Ahmed bin Maktoum, sounds like a cousin.

So Ahmed bin Saed and Ahmed bin Rashid are the bachelors in the family?

However, Hamdan bin Rashid looks like a grumpy old man and he doesn't even smile when his horse does a winner. Runs in the family, huh?

But I like his quiet and more down to earth style more than the behaviour of other family members. You can see it in his jockeys too. The Hills brothers are successful but not very outspoken in comparison to Mister Dettori who went screaming all over the track yesterday when he won the Derby, luckily not for Godolphin :D

Duke of Marmalade said:
Oh yes, got it wrong. Found her name as Sheikha Rawda (= Roda) bint Ahmed bin Maktoum, sounds like a cousin.
Yes, a cousin. Several ways to spell the name:)

So Ahmed bin Saed and Ahmed bin Rashid are the bachelors in the family?

Yes they are...

However, Hamdan bin Rashid looks like a grumpy old man and he doesn't even smile when his horse does a winner. Runs in the family, huh?

Sheikh Ahmed tends to smile, so did sheikh Maktoum. Sheikh Hamdan seems to be more of a serioues person and does not like all the fuss and attention like sheikh Mohammed

You can see it in his jockeys too. The Hills brothers are successful but not very outspoken in comparison to Mister Dettori who went screaming all over the track yesterday when he won the Derby, luckily not for Godolphin :D

I like how the Hill brotehrs are big but not out there if you get what i mean. Godolphin is everywhere you look, i dont like that. I guess it refelcts on the owners personalities:D

dazzling said:
Sheikh Ahmed tends to smile, so did sheikh Maktoum. Sheikh Hamdan seems to be more of a serioues person and does not like all the fuss and attention like sheikh Mohammed
Maktoum always gave the impression that he was a very shy person. He did not like the spotlight at all (as Ahmed). Hamdan avoids the spotlight too but he sends out the message "better don't mess with me". Amazing how different brothers can be - and they are clever enough to tolerate each other to a certain degree so Dubai's power is not endangered.

dazzling said:
I like how the Hill brotehrs are big but not out there if you get what i mean. Godolphin is everywhere you look, i dont like that. I guess it refelcts on the owners personalities:D
Yes, Godolphin is everywhere you look but where are the results :lol:
Even our italian friend was speechless when he became last in the DWC - I bet Mo & Haya will leave this year's Royal Ascot without a winner and a sour expression on their faces - as they did last year.

Mo has banned Signore Dettori from riding Coolmore trained horses. But even when he allowed him to ride yesterday's winner, Authorized, he had to face reality as Authorized is sired by a Coolmore stallion. I wonder when Mo will realize that money can't buy a successful bloodline. At the moment Godolphin's horses seem to be saloon cars on a formula one circuit but of course Mo knows better, as always : - )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom