Princess Haya current events 1: February 2003-February 8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
w: endurance is a whole subject in itself.

many endurance riders are quite knowledgeable horsepeople but some are complete friggin idiots. the games the Arabs play with their horses in the endurance areana is known worldwide.

phaya-i doubt she can do anything about this but be an silent conspirator to mo's mechanations. to be perfectly honest-she just doesn't have the clout to stand up to him.

in flat racing, mo is renowned for his horsemanship but endurance it is another story.

Ipi Tombe
They say "Love can move Mountains" so perhaps Haya has more sway with Mo than we think!

Princess Haya from Jordan, daughter of former King Hussein and half-sister of King Abdullah shakes hands with Jordanian swimmer Omar Abu Fares 14 August 2004 during a visit to the Jordanian 2004 Olympics Games athletic delegation in Athens. Princess Haya competed in the Sydney Olympics in the equestrian events, but pulled out from the Athens competition after her horse was injured

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51169506.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=CACF07A1008DBC17455A8359DFA2FA53A9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51169524.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=CACF07A1008DBC1732505CECC33CA0AFA9C30E9B9B114CE8

she looks much better in these pics than she has in a LONG time.

and amazingly her husband is nowhere to be seen.

Lyonnaise said:
Princess Haya from Jordan, daughter of former King Hussein and half-sister of King Abdullah shakes hands with Jordanian swimmer Omar Abu Fares 14 August 2004 during a visit to the Jordanian 2004 Olympics Games athletic delegation in Athens. Princess Haya competed in the Sydney Olympics in the equestrian events, but pulled out from the Athens competition after her horse was injured

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51169506.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=CACF07A1008DBC17455A8359DFA2FA53A9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51169524.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=CACF07A1008DBC1732505CECC33CA0AFA9C30E9B9B114CE8

Ipi Tombe said:
she looks much better in these pics than she has in a LONG time. and amazingly her husband is nowhere to be seen.

Yes, she looks much better may be because her hubby was not around :D
When she is with him, he projects his old age on her..Although some men look cute and handsome when they grow older, but Mo looks always stiff and not lively...

I'm so happy she looks like Haya again. I only wish she would remain that way.

Last edited:
mo used to look much better, also.

when i used to see him in the emirates he did not look like the crabby old man he does next to Haya. he looked like he was 'up for anything' (and whole helluva lot younger). not like he just sentenced someone to a year's worth of detentions. he lost tons of weight recently so from the shoulders down he looks good but from the shoulders up-you can see his age. his fat used to fill out his face.
Humble said:
Yes, she looks much better may be because her hubby was not around :D
When she is with him, he projects his old age on her..Although some men look cute and handsome when they grow older, but Mo looks always stiff and not lively...

Princess Haya's New Way of Dressing

Go to the MGA Production site. I just can't get used to PH in full traditional burka type dress......Is it necessary? Mary Shawn

Those pictures were all taken pre-wedding and in countries where most Muslim women wear abayas or traditional dresses. I'd say that's more or less the appropriate dress code. Besides, I haven't seen any pictures of her in abaya after her wedding/in recent pictures.

Last edited:
maryshawn said:
Go to the MGA Production site. I just can't get used to PH in full traditional burka type dress......Is it necessary? Mary Shawn
Its hardly a burqa. A burqa's not even worn in the middle east. I wouldnt generalize traditional clothing that way if i were you. Besides, Haya wears it because its the traditional dress in Dubai, just like she wore the traditional Jordanian dress when in Jordan. She's an Arab and there's nothing wrong with her wearing her traditional dress.

Last edited:
what haya wore in dubai is not national dress. it is jordanian traditional dress. the garmet ladies of dubai wear is much more gauzy, fluid and not as 'shaped'.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Its hardly a burqa. A burqa's not even worn in the middle east. I wouldnt generalize traditional clothing that way if i were you. Besides, Haya wears it because its the traditional dress in Dubai, just like she wore the traditional Jordanian dress when in Jordan. She's an Arab and there's nothing wrong with her wearing her traditional dress.

Ipi Tombe said:
what haya wore in dubai is not national dress. it is jordanian traditional dress. the garmet ladies of dubai wear is much more gauzy, fluid and not as 'shaped'.
there are lots of pictures of Haya in dubai at various different occasions, I have seen a couple where she's wearing the same clothing as the other women. But it doesnt really matter what national dress she was wearing, my point was that its perfectly natural for her to wear traditional arab clothingn.

This picture of P. Haya in Qatar,with nice sandales !
Do P. Haya will wear the emirati clothes when she will be in Dubai and modern suits outside of Dubai?

Attachments

• haya.jpg
    haya.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 467
With regard to all responses to my questions, thank you; I guess this is what this is all about--educating people like me who don't know or understand. I was so used to seeing her in riding garb, jeans, etc., it just seemed so different. What you are saying makes sense though so thank you all.

FROM IBL.SE

princess haya with her husband at the united emirates sponsores champions day race meeting. 16/10/04

(sorry i can´t enlarge the pics)

Attachments

• 810401.jpg
    810401.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 952
  • 810403.jpg
    810403.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 950
  • 810404.jpg
    810404.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 971
  • 810405.jpg
    810405.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 949
  • 810406.jpg
    810406.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 930
  • 810407.jpg
    810407.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 916
  • 810409.jpg
    810409.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 961
Thank you Salma for posting the pictures. Too bad they couldn't be enlarged. I do like the color of her suit.

Yes, she is. I like very much the smile that she has always in her eyes. Wonderful !

After the death of Sheikh Zayed, do you think they postponed their wedding party at later date of next year ????

Well, I find an article and I see P. Haya is getting active in Dubai, and maybe she plans to represent Dubai in arab women summets !
So what do you think?
It seems it is not only horse races :)

Due to the death of Sheish Zayed, the Key international forum was postponed to the last week of December.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2004/November/theuae_November362.xml&section=theuae&col=

the link to the article:
http://domino.ips.org/ips/ageneng.nsf/0/66EFF85AAFDB5039C1256F2F004ED6D1?OpenDocument

and here is the article:

UAE-WOMEN
International cultural forum in Dubai

Att.Editors: The following item is from the Emirates News Agency (WAM)

ABU DHABI, Oct. 16 (WAM) - More than three thousand women from various parts of the world are due to take part in the International Women's Cultural Forum to be held at the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) from November 28 to 29.

The event will be held under the patronage of Princess Haya bint Al Hussein of Jordan, wife of General Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister.

Iman Ismail, Vice-President of the forum, told 'Khaleej Times' that the organising committee and sponsors have been working for eight months continuously to complete preparations for the forum -- the first such event to be held in Dubai.

She said that speakers at the forum would cover various topics including cultural tradition, marriage arrangements, marriage ceremonies, traditions and customs, family values and women in the family.

She said that the two-day forum would feature six sessions to be chaired by Princess Haya who will deliver a working paper during the forum titled 'Women in Arab World.' Princess Haya will discuss the role of Arab women in the development process, she added. (WAM)

Abir,
Haya cant represent duabi in the arab womens summit.It is dont by country, so a UAE women has to represent the UAE.Dubai is a city adn Haya is a jordanian.

sorry, wanted to say uae instead.
in fact who usually represented the uae in arab women summits?
And do you think one day, P. Haya will get uae nationality?

abir said:
sorry, wanted to say uae instead.
in fact who usually represented the uae in arab women summits?
And do you think one day, P. Haya will get uae nationality?

well, no ! Hayah is a Jordanian, Hashemite Princess, and I bet she will die this way, it's only fair, no matter whom she got married to.....

From the Thoroughbred Times, 11/18/2004

Racing to resume on Sunday in UAE following mourning period

Racing will resume on Sunday in the United Arab Emirates after being halted in a nationwide mourning period for the death of UAE President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan on November 2.

Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan was unanimously elected to succeed his father as president.

Sunday’s card at Abu Dhabi will feature the return of 2001 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-G1) winner Summoner following a break of more than two years.

Summoner, who previously raced for Godolphin, will start for the first time in the colors of Princess Haya, the wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum. Women rarely are listed by name as owners in UAE racing.

Some1 now how many time she ride? And she stop compit after de wedding? Post more fotos of her in horse.

she will lead the Jordanian team to the world championship in Dubai next month, but I think she will not participate as it is for power and endurance of horses not for Jumping that she do.

Princess Haya in UAE team!

http://66.132.136.245/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/sports/2004/September/sports_September97.xml&section=sports&col=

Princess Haya wins endurance ride in England
(Wam)

6 September 2004

NEWMARET - Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance and Industry, yesterday witnessed the Thetford Forest Endurance Ride at Newmarket, which ended with the participation of the UAE team, led by General Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Minister of Defence.

The UAE team included Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, who eventually won the race on 11-year old Flambor in a time of 10hrs, 56 mins, 25 secs. Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Shaikh Rashid bin Hamdan Al Maktoum, in addition to a host of other participants from Britain, Ireland and Jordan competed in the ride. The 160-km ride was run in six stages of 30.1 km, 27.5km, 31.9 km, 33.7 km, 28.5 km and 9.3km respectively. The participation of the UAE team in the ride was part of its preparation for the 10th World Endurance Ride, to be hosted by Dubai on January 26 and 27, next year.

About the card that some said Haya distributed for eid,where is this card? Didn't hear about it,I searched for it like crazy,I went to newspapers' offices,called and visited the Jordanian embassy,went to Burj al Arab hotel,well,not inside of it thus had to pay for getting in! Yet I didn't find anything,is it true or the same trish trash Haya thingie? I want to meet her,don't know how,hope Mos' men aren't tracking me now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom