Royal Family of Romania current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any Heir in Romania? I know that they aren't a monarchy but I mean, Austria, for exemple isn't a monarchy but the have an heir, Archduke Otto.

Have any of our posters seen or have pictures of the actual tombs of the Romanian
Kings and Queens at Curtea de Argers?

What's the deal with Princess Sophie?

I've looked in so many places and still haven't found an explanation for the absence of (former?) Princess Sophie of Romania, younger sister of Princess Margarita and daughter of King Michael and Queen Anne. Does anyone know what circumstances led to her estrangement from her family?

Mapper

Hereditary Mapmaker said:
I've looked in so many places and still haven't found an explanation for the absence of (former?) Princess Sophie of Romania, younger sister of Princess Margarita and daughter of King Michael and Queen Anne. Does anyone know what circumstances led to her estrangement from her family?
Mapper
I think you'll find this falls into the category of "private family business". There's been questions and speculation, but no answers or facts. Sophie's giving up her title as Princess of Romania on her marriage shows there were problems early on.

Romanian princess on charity visit to Capital

Princess Sturdza, who was forced to flee Romania when she was three years old, is to be guest speaker at a charity dinner in aid of the Hospice of Hope, Romania.
The princess is also set to officially open the charity's third shop on Gorgie Road earlier in the day. The dinner will take place at the Carlton Highland Hotel on Wednesday evening.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=606702006

Last edited:
Pics of Grandchildren of King Michael and Queen Anne
1) photo of Queen Anne, Princess Helen, and son Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills (1992)
2) photo of King Michael and grandson Nicholas (1992)
3) photo of (l to r) Angelica Kreuger, Princess Irina, the King and Queen, Michael Kreuger (1998)

Source: Corbis

Thank you very much!! I always wondered what they looked like!

The Romanian Royal Family is hosting a visit from their Serbian cousins, Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine. The couple will be in Bucharest from 3 to 7 November.

See here for press release and pictures of the visit thus far: SAOPSTENJE ZA STAMPU

Only Princess Margareta speaks romanian. She learnt this language in the last few years. The other daughters of King Mihai and Queen Ana don't speak Romanian . At least I never heard (they don't come very often in Romania).

Kreuger Family

Is Princess Irina's husband realted to the wealthy scandinavian family Kreuger. Is her husband well off. Will their children inherit from their paternal grandfather's flarge fortune?

Thanks

You mean the match-maker Kreugers?
I dont think so. I think they were raising horses in the US.

Breeding horses sounds better....I guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking about Torsten Kreuger, the famous Swedish family. By the way, I read with pleasure Queen Anne's biography. Her life is remarkable. She has done whatever she can to make her husband happy. What order was she wearing on her wedding day? Who designed her wedding gown? What family jewellry was she wearing. In her book, she explains that her family did not attend her wedding as the Pope refused to bless the wedding. However, Ii suspect that ther parents were not happy with her marrying a deposed royal as at the beginning her parents arranged her meeting with King Michael.

Thank you

Yolande

Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia paid a visit to his Romanian relatives in April 2008. Pictures can be found here and here.

I've been looking for the photos of King Michael's daughters it is easy to get the pictures of Crown Princess Margareta but not the others Elena, Irina, Sofia, Maria, even at the Diamond Wedding pictures. I've found old pics of Irina on this forum but hardly any of the others. I cant hardly find any recent news on them or their family either. Would someone care to enlighten me....? thank you in advance.

The Royal family is spending their summer holiday at Savarsin castle in Arad county, receiving representatives of the local authorities, mass-media and various other organizations.

Princess Catherine Caradja was quite a presence in Texas. Her life was amazing and full of tragedy.

Does anyone have some pictures of King Michael's younger daughters,Princess Irina,Princess Sofia,Princess Maria? I can't find anywhere their photos.

The 3 Princesses are rather private people and don't seem to have any public role, so no photos. But if you go to:
Familia Regala
At the bottom of the page there are 4 documents that can be downloaded, the second, the blue on, is called "Raport Anual2006 - 2007". You can download it by clicking on the image of the blue document, or on the text "Descarca PDF". At around p 32 there is one photo of Princess Irina, next page Princess Sophie, then Princess Marie. That's all I can find

Pics 24.12.2008

Queen Ana of Romania, King Michael I of Romania, Princess Margarita of
Romania and Prince Radu with dog Ursus. 12/24/2008. The family handed
out presents to their employees.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Gallery **

On her blog, royal author Marlene Eilers Koenig recently released details and pictures of the second marriage of Princess Irina of Romania as well as the marriage of Irina's daughter, Angelica Krueger. Also included in the posting is the complete information about the birth of the first great-grandchild of King Michael.

Royal Musings: QVD updates

she had her first child too young, at 21.

Princess Marina Sturdza of Romania attends Lighthouse International
presents the 2009 LightYears Gala: The Lighthouse Salutes The Arts
at The Plaza Hotel on November 10, 2009 in New York City

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Who is she ?? Nice and elegant princess. What is her relationship with King Michel ?

maria-olivia said:
Who is she ?? Nice and elegant princess. What is her relationship with King Michel ?

She is not related to King Michael. Well, there is probably some distant common ancestor but if they are related, then very distantly.
Although members of the Sturdza family members are often referred to as Princes and Princesses of Romania, they are not as such members of the Romanian Royal Family and the 'of Romania' style is incorrect.

The Sturdza family is an old Moldavian/Romanian Princely Family, which was founded at the beginning of 17th century. They have always been extremely prominent in Romanian political and social life, especially before 1920's. One of the most prominent members of the family was Prince Dimitrie Sturdza, the 4 time Prime Minister of the country. Also from the dynasty (the Moldavian branch) came Michael and John Sturdza (Princes of Moldavia), Alexander Sturdza (Russian statesman) and Ion Sturdza, who was Moldavia's Prime Minister in 1999.

Princess Marina is a very prominent social figure not only in Romania but also in Serbia and Moldavia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom