Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 4: September 2017 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: It's just the playing out of the Order of Precedence. His rank is dependant on his wife and should she not be there. Princes and Princesses of the blood come first. Same as the BRF.

Svensk Damtidning has an article about Haga Palace. In the end of the article they write that the atmosphere is very relaxed and familiar, even when Victoria and Daniel have guests. Svensk Damtidning has spoken with a businesswoman, who has been a dinner guest at Haga Palace many times. She says:
- My husband and I have been home at crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel many times. It's very nice and very familiar. Princess Estelle is so cute. She usually comes into the dining room in her pajamas and says good night before bedtime.

The fourth Prince Daniel's Entrepreneurial Day will be held on 22nd March at The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
A little over 100 entrepreneurs have received a personal invitation to the Entrepreneurial Day, and now The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences asks them to sign up for the event. The invitation is personal and only one founder per company can attend the event. They will have the opportunity to participate in smaller group discussions led by experienced entrepreneurs. The invited are asked to choose the topic they are mostly interested, and two other topic. The topics are Sales, Ownership issues, Internationalization, Board issues, PR & Marketing, Recruitment & Employee Issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
The house where Daniel went to a play school as a child is on sale in Ockelbo. The house from 1906 is called Villa villekulla by the people. Before being used as the base of the play school, this villa was home to the banker of the city. The house has in recent years served as a home and villa for the family who now sells it. Throughout the sale, a discussion about the interior has also blown up on social media. Many people think that the family has been refurbishing the house from the turn of the century.
- There are many opinions, strong feelings and discussions online, confirms real estate broker Lena Kock at HusmanHagberg in Gävle. Many people think they have renovated too much and made too luxury of it, others think it's fine.
Hemnet_ Prins Daniel lekte här som barn _ Leva & bo

Feel free to move this (tell me where though, if possible), as I suspect I'm posting in the wrong thread, but I came across an old article that confused me.

Swedish royal wedding: how country boy Daniel Westling was transformed into Prince Daniel - Telegraph

The section I reference is below:

"Her father, the authoritarian King Carl XVI Gustav, 64, was dead set against their relationship.

His precious daughter was lined up for a Danish prince with impeccable lineage and the king was determined not to admit a tongue-tied commoner from the forests into the royal fold."

Which Danish prince was Victoria ever lined up for? Surely not Frederik, as they were both Crown Prince/ss, and Joachim was long married by the time Daniel came into the picture. I understand that the world wanted Madeleine and William together since they were children, but I never heard of anyone for Victoria. Is this article merely pulling at strings?

Feel free to move this (tell me where though, if possible), as I suspect I'm posting in the wrong thread, but I came across an old article that confused me.

Swedish royal wedding: how country boy Daniel Westling was transformed into Prince Daniel - Telegraph

"Her father, the authoritarian King Carl XVI Gustav, 64, was dead set against their relationship.

His precious daughter was lined up for a Danish prince with impeccable lineage and the king was determined not to admit a tongue-tied commoner from the forests into the royal fold."

Which Danish prince was Victoria ever lined up for? Surely not Frederik, as they were both Crown Prince/ss, and Joachim was long married by the time Daniel came into the picture. I understand that the world wanted Madeleine and William together since they were children, but I never heard of anyone for Victoria. Is this article merely pulling at strings?

We don't have to believe everything the press writes about the royals. The british press writes often totally strange things for instance about the swedish royals. It is an old article and Victoria and Daniel have been happily married for over seven years and Daniel is well liked by the Swedes. That is what matters.

In the Netherlands Victoria was seen as an excellent option for (now) king Willem-Alexander. They clearly were friends... age difference wasn't considered a big issue, so the only big hurdle was Victoria being the heir as well (solution: she should give up her rights to the Swedish throne and CG would be glad that his son could succeed him). I don't know anything about a Danish prince, but Dutch and Danish is sometimes confused.

In the Netherlands Victoria was seen as an excellent option for (now) king Willem-Alexander. They clearly were friends... age difference wasn't considered a big issue, so the only big hurdle was Victoria being the heir as well (solution: she should give up her rights to the Swedish throne and CG would be glad that his son could succeed him). I don't know anything about a Danish prince, but Dutch and Danish is sometimes confused.

In Sweden, I don't remember that the local press "lined up" any foreign prince for Crown Princess Victoria.

:previous: It's just the playing out of the Order of Precedence. His rank is dependant on his wife and should she not be there. Princes and Princesses of the blood come first. Same as the BRF.

I meant that it would seem no other European royal family has created an analogous order of precedence at court. While the British consorts' rank is dependent on their spouses, I cannot remember the Duchess of Cornwall walking behind the Princess Royal or the British Princes of the blood in official situations; if I am mistaken, please correct me.

Last edited:
That's a very British concept it seems. I don't see the same thing happening in other countries; however, it seems that you are right about this being the case in case in Sweden; next to the earlier example. In the text about the first day of the state visit from Iceland it says 'prince Carl Philip, princess Sofia and prince Daniel als attended'; and in the list for the state banquet, Daniel is also mentioned after his brother-in-law and sister-in-law. The three of them walked in together...

At least at the Te Deum after his children's births he was seated next to the queen; so at least at that time (without his wife present) he took precedence over his brother-in-law (it would be rather weird if that hadn't been the case).

Victoria attended yesterday evening at an event, possible of Transcom, because it is at hashtags.
Xzakt Kundrelation posted yesterday evening a photo of Victoria with Gunilla von Platen, the founder and Chairman of the Board of Xzakt Kundrelation, to their Instagram and Facebook.
"Gunilla von Platen and our wise Crown Princess Victoria, who is a great Ambassador to Sweden. Best one can have. Thank you for everything you do with such passion and dedication."
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bes1m81nHss/?taken-by=xzaktkundrelation
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=4c42c3f44b985d4d503734569f87eb36&oe=5AE5B973

Gunilla von Platen is one of the experts/inspirators at Prince Daniel's Fellowship Entrepreneurial Programme and has been often with Daniel at the school visits.

Swedish comedienne Therese Sandin told at her Instagram four days ago, that she performed on that evening to Victoria and Daniel at Cirkus Arena & Restaurang. So obviously Victoria and Daniel were at comedian Johan Glans' World Tour of the World Stand up comedy show, Therese Sandin performs in it.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Be30z-alsIp/

Generation Pep made a campaign with Johan Glans at Upp och Hoppa, Sverige! ("Jump up, Sweden!"). Johan Glans made three videos to Generation Pep showing how to break off sedentary.

On Thursday evening Victoria, Daniel and the children were seen in Östersund.

I think they were on their way to ski in Åre, perhaps they are there together with Andrea Brodin and Cedric Notz.

Sarah Andersson, who took the photo, told to Expressen about seeing the crown princess family and how she took a photo of them at Västra Björnen:
- We were in the same lunch place and then we ended up following them on the hill. The little prince went between Daniel's legs and Estelle skied without sticks. It was fun to see that they teach the kids to ski.
Later the royals moved towards the child-friendly area of ​​Björnen. Sarah Andersson tells her that the family was left alone during the holidays.
- Now I may speak against to myself because I took a photo, but they were able to be alone. Nobody came and bothered them, she says.
Margaretha Thorgren confirms that the Crown Princess with family spent the weekend in Åre.
- Because they were there privately, I can not comment on what they have done, but in Åre, skiing and different winter sports are in focus, she says.
Is Åre a favorite?
- There are many places that the entire royal family is trying to visit. But Åre is also a place that is traditionally very popular in Sweden.
What kind of safety routines are there?
- There are safety routines and those are also something we don't comment. But it is clear that those are always done, regardless of official or private trips, says Thorgren.
Kronprinsessan Victoria med familj på skidsemester i Åre. _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Stoppa pressarna:
Victoria's determined decision for the family's best
Victoria is increasingly prioritizing the family. Victoria is available for extended periods and makes holiday trips with her family.
- It's a conscious choice. Victoria knows that the wonderful years with the children go fast and wants to take care of them as much as possible now when they are small, tells a friend of the Crown Princess.
Princess Estelle, 5, and Prince Oscar, 1, get a completely different and more modern education than the one that the previous royal generations have received. Among other things, Daniel is very determined in his opinion that the children should get as normal upbringing as possible and that they should not be completely isolated from the outside world.
- They are a good match. Victoria gives the kids a lot of love and shows how to behave in more formal contexts. Daniel takes them to fun and excited things like hockey matches and shopping centers, tells the friend.
Victorias beslut för familjens bästa _ Stoppa Pressarna

Last edited:
Swedish royal magazine Kungliga Magasinet has Daniel's interview on their newest issue (on sale from 8th February). Roger Lundgren, the editor-in-chief of Kungliga Magasinet, interviewed Daniel on The Sports Day and Prince Daniel's Race in Haga Park in September.

"Exercise every day makes wonders"
Daniel says that on Prince Daniel's Race every child gets a medal and this is perhaps the first time a child takes part in a race and feels that it is fun and important. This is one of the most important days of the year for Daniel. The whole crown princess family comes to Haga Park, Estelle looks really curious to all exciting activities. The crown princess greets happily, but goes further with Estelle and Oscar. The article tells about GEN-PEP and how they work to get the children and young people to move more and break off the sedentary. Daniel says that nowadays the children, and the adults, sit too much. Because our bodies are made to move, sedentary causes both physical and mental problems. Those who already have it tough because of their economic situation are exposed to bad health more often than those who have a better economic situation. In our fantastic country it can't be like that. Efforts are required to solve this problem, says Daniel.
Victoria and Daniel are passionate about these issues. They exercise a lot. Estelle goes to a dance class once a week, and the family loves to hike in the forest and land. And Victoria aims to hike in all Swedish provinces in two years. Daniel says that he and Victoria are quite sporty, but with two children it can mean that they train early in the morning or late in the evening. But it is important that you do it. He sees that their children like to move, and it is of course very positive. On the whole, Daniel thinks that it is good that the families move together, that they have a nice family activity.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited:
Fifteen young entrepreneurs have been elected to the mentorship program within The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' project Prince Daniel's Fellowship. In the two-year program, they have the opportunity to develop their businesses together with a mentor chosen from the Swedish business community.
The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' project Prince Daniel's Fellowship, has launched a third round of the mentoring program for young entrepreneurs.
In addition to the mentorship, company visits, lectures and other activities are organized to stimulate entrepreneurs to the next step in business development.

Mentees and mentors at Prince Daniel's Fellowship mentoring program 2017–2019
Mekina – Catrine Sageryd * Mentor: Johan Skoglund, JM

Pharem Biotech – Martin Ryen och Christian Ryen * Mentor: Håkan Lundstedt, Synsam

Sniph – Lisa Kjellqvist and Tara Derakshan * Mentor: Pernilla Ekman, Zound Industries

Salipro Biotech – Jens Frauenfeld * Mentor: Anders Ekblom, oberoende styrelseledamot

Beet – Martin Rengfjord * Mentor: Johan Skarborg, Academic Work

ETP kraftelektronik – Christer Sigurd * Mentor: Johan Söderström, ABB

DeoDoc – Hedieh och Hast Asadi * Mentor: Magnus Brännström, Oriflame Holding AG

Karma – Elsa Bernadotte * Mentor: Mia Brunell Livfors, Axel Johnson

Cellink – Erik Gatenholm * Mentor: Bahija Jallal, MedImmune

Worldfavor – Frida Emilsson * Mentor: Jacob de Geer, iZettle

Gårdsfisk – Mikael Olenmark Desalles och Johan Ljungqvist * Mentor: Henrik Treschow, Foodman
Nya entreprenörstalanger till Prins Daniels mentorprogram - IVA

Some of the mentees visited companies Tobii and Klarna with Daniel last week. They will also attend at Prince Daniel's Entrepreneurial Day in March.

And yes, Elsa Bernadotte is a distant relative of the royal family, she has told it at her interview.

Last edited:
Photo at court Instagram
Crown Princess, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar were in the afternoon in the Stockholm Cathedral to take part in the Vivat Regina exhibition.
Canon Precentor Ulf Lindgren tells about the national treasures used at Queen Kristina's coronation in 1650. Which are shown in the exhibition - at the place where the coronation took place.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfgN9kinKsh/?taken-by=kungahuset

Article at court website. Vivat Regina exhbition is done in cooperation with The Royal Armoury.
Kronprinsessan, Prinsessan Estelle och Prins Oscar på Vivat Regina - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photos from court press room
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...rkyrkan_Kronprinsessan_Foto_Kungahuset.se.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...rkan_PrinsessanEstelle_Foto_Kungahuset.se.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...yrkan_Kronprinsessan_1_Foto_Kungahuset.se.jpg

Estelle och Oscar på utflykt med kronprinsessan Victoria _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
At the website of Domkyrkoförsamling parish there are more photos of Victoria, Estelle and Oscar visiting Vivat Regina exhibition at the Stockholm Cathedral on Thursday.
Prior to the opening of the Vivat Regina exhibition on February 23, the Crown Princess, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar were invited to a visit at the Stockholm Cathedral.
Vivat Regina shows national treasures used in Queen Kristina's coronation in 1650. The objects are unique and Sweden can be counted as one of the few countries in the world that have preserved items.
Princess Estelle helped uncover the stand together with Canon Precentor Ulf Lindgren.
The tour also included the view of St. Göran and the dragon, the royal chairs, the seven-pointed candlestick, the tombstones and the test of the organ.
Canon Precentor Ulf Lindgren told about the objects. Dean Hans Ulfvebrand participated in the visit.
Kronprinsessan, Prinsessan Estelle och Prins Oscar besöker Vivat Regina i Storkyrkan - Stockholms domkyrkoförsamling

This photo of Estelle is lovely, she looks always so interested in everything.
https://www.svenskakyrkan.se/bilder/_DSF9733.jpg?DoProcessing=&w=700

Lily's Burger published this photo of Daniel and Estelle yesterday
"Congratulations Princess Estelle who is 6 years old today, came by again and we treat with Milkshake @kungahuset"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfi1yR0l_1N/?taken-by=lilysburger

Daniel is in the jury of new prizes founded by ICA Group (ICA is a founding partner of GEN-PEP)

Two new prizes raise the importance of entrepreneurship in society
ICA will hand out SEK 100,000 each to two people who, with the help of their ideas and action, positively affect society. By awarding prize to "The Starter of the Year" and "The Local Hero of the Year", ICA hopes to increase entrepreneurship in Sweden.
Entrepreneurship is one of ICA's values, and a prerequisite for the business model where local entrepreneurs total 1300 ICA stores around Sweden. Now, ICA wants to pay attention to entrepreneurial initiatives outside the organization by founding the ICA Entrepreneurial Prize.
Prize winners will be appointed by a vote together with a jury consisting of: Prince Daniel, Aida Hadzialic, former senior and knowledge minister, Sara Rosengren, Professor at Stockholm School of Economics, Anders Källström, President of the Federation of Swedish Farmers, Ahmed Abdirahman, Järvaveckan's Initiative, ICA Trader Grete Tuven and Per Strömberg, CEO of the ICA Group.
The first grant - "The Local Hero of the Year" - goes to a person who has contributed to positive development in one's immediate area.
The second grant - "The Starter of the Year" - is awarded to a person who has immigrated to Sweden and, with the help of one's experience and entrepreneurship, started an activity that created new opportunities for both oneself and others.
The prizes will be awarded on 3rd May in Stockholm.
Två nya priser lyfter entreprenörskapets betydelse i samhället

Photo at court Instagram
Crown Princess, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar were in the afternoon in the Stockholm Cathedral to take part in the Vivat Regina exhibition.
Canon Precentor Ulf Lindgren tells about the national treasures used at Queen Kristina's coronation in 1650. Which are shown in the exhibition - at the place where the coronation took place.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfgN9kinKsh/?taken-by=kungahuset

Article at court website. Vivat Regina exhbition is done in cooperation with The Royal Armoury.
Kronprinsessan, Prinsessan Estelle och Prins Oscar på Vivat Regina - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photos from court press room
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...rkyrkan_Kronprinsessan_Foto_Kungahuset.se.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...rkan_PrinsessanEstelle_Foto_Kungahuset.se.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...yrkan_Kronprinsessan_1_Foto_Kungahuset.se.jpg

Estelle och Oscar på utflykt med kronprinsessan Victoria _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Thank you for sharing, LadyFinn. Nice to see that Estelle and Oscar were bought along to the exhibition, though Oscar seems like he would disagree! :D Estelle is already so beautifully poised. She's going to be a great asset to the SRF in the future.

Svensk Damtidning tells that Victoria, Daniel and the children are on a holiday in Zermatt in Switzerland. According to SD's sources the family flew to Geneva on Saturday. Victoria read a children's book to Oscar on the plane. The family waited for their luggage just like everyone else.
There isn't any new photos at the article.
Victoria och Daniel med barnen i Zermatt _ Svensk Damtidning

This week there is winter holiday at schools in Stockholm.

An opinion in Aftonbladet on Monday.

Prince Daniel should be allowed to open more ice halls
Today the sport holiday begins for most parts in Central Sweden and Stockholm.
Hundreds of thousands of children, who have hardly seen a real sledge slope this year will go north for skiing adventures. Their trip goes to Sälen, Åre, Trysil or for those with more money to Val d'Isere and Bad Gastein in the Alps.
Others go never further than their TV games.
The sport holiday is a deeply rooted tradition. The ski trip will be many times just a dream.
It may be painful when friends come home telling where they were, how they hugged the snowman Valle who danced and sang, how they wept out at the hill and where they go next year.
At the class society skiing is part of a larger pattern. Last summer, a study from the Center for Sport Research told about the differences in activity among the children in 42 high school schools in Malmö.
- The picture is clear. The higher the socioeconomic group, the more you participate in the sports associations, says Ulf Blomdahl, research director.
And the differences are big. In Limhamn-Bunkeflo, 60 percent of the girls play sports in an association. In Rosengård it is 12 percent.
Especially the sports movement has been trying to break the pattern for many years. Nobody wants children's fun to be a class question - yet it is such.
Winter sports are expensive, facilities are needed and close to where people live. You will need lifts and equipment yourself.
One who has protested for several years is Prince Daniel. Just over a month ago he made headlines when he opened a new hockey hall in Ockelbo, Ugglebo Arena. On the ice, he played with legends like Peter Forsberg, Nicklas Lidström and Mats Sundin against the local division 3-team Ockelbo HC. Crown Princess Victoria sat in the stands with Estelle and Oscar.
- Everything that creates community and common topics matters to society, he told to Aftonbladet.
Concepts such as "social benefit" are today as perverted as "industrial policy" but the prince is right though.
It would be good for society with more ice halls, among other things.
Although Prince Daniel is obviously an unusually influential driving spirit.
Hopefully he can put strange ideas to the heads of one and other municipal councils. The Prince opens gladly more ice halls, ski slopes or other training facilities - which of course must be built first.
Prins Daniel bör få öppna fler ishallar _ Aftonbladet

Svensk Damtidning writes that Tina Törnqvist is the woman behind the crown princess's fine style and it has been almost 10 years since she became Victoria's personal stylist.
- Yes, it begins to get closer to that. I started in January 2009, Tina tells to Svensk Damtidning.
10 outfits from the years
Victoria firar 10 år med Tina Törnqvist _ Svensk Damtidning

Photos of Victoria and Daniel on their winter holiday in Zermatt in Switzerland.
The resort is exclusive, but also beautiful and car free.
And the family's first days at the resort were very successful - but chilly! On Wednesday, the temperature was below 20 minus degrees.
Ice cold, but perfect weather for skiing. The whole family has been active on the slopes to really maximize the days they have together on the sports holiday.
According to reports from the town, Prince Daniel has been active in the slopes while the Crown Princess has been playing in the snow and building a snow castle with the children.
Estelle has been seen in ski equipment and helmet on her head together with mom on her way to the slopes, while Oscar is transported around in a stable stroller with tall wheels that can handle snow.
But on Tuesday they are back at work in Stockholm.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are real outdoor people and take every chance they get to the ski slopes. Earlier in February, the whole Crown Princess family was in Åre for a weekend's skiing.
In addition to the fact that they like to practice sports, both Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel spend a lot of time in their official roles to tell us about the importance of moving. In particular, they are through the Generation Pep organization trying to get children and young people move more.
Victoria och Daniels sportlov med barnen i Schweiz _ Kungligt _ Expressen

More photos from the sports holiday.

Crown Princess Victoria is known for wearing Swedish design when she is working.
But even when she is on sports holiday and stands in the ski slope, her commitment is seen. When she and her family vacationed in the Swiss Alps, she was seen wearing a backpack from Swedish Fjällräven. A clear indication that she is proud of Sweden and our Swedish fashion industry.
Fjällräven is one of around 130 companies which have been appointed as Purveyors to the Court, this is a way for the king to lift Swedish companies.
The fact that the royals wear Swedish brands is both wise and part of their role, brand expert Niklas Turner Olovzon at Passion Labs has previously told. But it is also valuable to companies.
- It is clear that many brands dream that the royal family wears their brand.
Kronprinsessan Victoria bar Fjällräven på sportlovet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Photos of the family in Zermatt from 28th February to 3rd March.

:previous: Thanks for sharing, LadyFinn.
I liked the photos of Victoria gathering the snow; wondering if that was for Estelle and Oscar to play with.

A painting of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle painted by finnish artist Reijo Viljanen, from the photo court published.
https://viljanenreijo.galleria.fi/k...set /Daniel, Victoria ja Estelle.jpg?img=full
https://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image-c/14582456/1002/normal/bafb4ce539b24/estelle1.jpg

A painting of Victoria and Oscar, painted from the photo court published.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfwQZmGFCCm/?taken-by=paulina.warn
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...ourt Sweden Foto Kate Gabor Kungahuset.se.jpg

Article in Svensk Damtidning some weeks ago about Victoria and Estelle matching with outfits and colours.

The Crown princess couple has given a statement due to that professor Stephen Hawking passed away.
Uttalande av Kronprinsessparet med anledning av Stephen Hawkings bortgång - Sveriges Kungahus

https://translate.googleusercontent...700201&usg=ALkJrhhG5zOaP1TLiee3xM4pdG56dgfO-A

Victoria and Daniel met Hawking in Cambridge in 2016 when Hawking made a video to GEN-PEP.

According to many Tweets and some press articles, Victoria, Daniel and the children were in the afternoon at Gävlerinken Arena at ice hockey quarterfinal match between Brynäs If and Växjö Lakers. No photos yet.

:previous: It's really nice that, despite the fact the CP family are well known in Sweden due to their high positions in the line of succession, they can have family outings like this without having their photos released immediately afterwards.

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia met last Tuesday 105-year-old Dagny Carlsson, "Sweden's oldest blogger".
Dagny Carlsson was interviewed in Svensk Damtidning some weeks ago.
She was asked:
Whom in the royal family would you rather take with you to a desert island?
- Then I would surely take Victoria.
Why?
- Because she is modest and a very sympathetic person. She adjusts to the circumstances surprisingly well.

Victoria, Daniel and the children were seen today, Victoria and Daniel at a photo
Had a coffee break an old disused school in the middle of the forest (really!) today. It was only us, our friends and this super-nice couple with their cute children.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg9HDwDhG1M/?tagged=kronprinsessanvictoria

Victoria, Daniel and the children were seen today, Victoria and Daniel at a photo
Had a coffee break an old disused school in the middle of the forest (really!) today. It was only us, our friends and this super-nice couple with their cute children.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg9HDwDhG1M/?tagged=kronprinsessanvictoria

The story behind of this photo from last Friday - and another photo of Victoria and Daniel:

Victoria and Daniel were on Easter excursion when the sudden meeting took place.
Stoppa pressarna could yesterday report about a mysterious photo of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, which spread in Instagram.
In the photograph, Victoria and Daniel posed with two then unknown girls and the only clues that were given were that the photo was taken during Easter weekend and in a disused older school.
Stoppa pressarna began to dig - and now we can tell the background of the mysterious Easter photo.
The photographer is Maud Meijer, 53, and the women standing next to Victoria and Daniel are her friend Cicilia Segerstierna, 46, with daughter Edit Domstad, 11.
Everything began as an annual art excursion during Good Friday. But Easter weekend became so much more for Maud and her son Jonathan Meijer-Bergius, 20, from Gävle.
When the restaurant they were going to visit was closed, the company followed instead a sign for an art exhibition that led to a café in a 19th-century school in the woods. There they suddenly met crown princess Victoria and her family who sat at a table in the old handicraft room.
When Stoppa pressarna called Maud and Jonathan Meijer, they tell about the surprising meeting with the Crown Princess family.
- We were completely flabbergasted, because it was completely unexpected. I was completely starstrucked and almost started shaking, says Jonathan.
Maud and Jonathan are both royal fans and therefore the meeting became extraordinary. Through genealogy, they have found out that they are related to both the Scottish queen Maria Stuart and the Swedish royal house.
Maud therefore encouraged herself and greeted the Crown Princess.
- That mother dared I did not understand, but she said "I have to greet the family", says Jonathan.
It was as nice as a successful meeting, and the Gävle gang praise Victoria and Daniel.
- They are truly amazing people and an incredibly good example for Sweden, says Maud.
The royals posed happily for a photo before leaving the café with their Säpo guards.
- Surreal and incredible, said Maud, telling that the meeting with Victoria and Daniel will be a memory for life.
Victorias oväntade träff med okända släkten _ Stoppa Pressarna

And Cicilia Segerstierna has commented the meeting to Expressen, there is also a photo of the café at old handicraft room where they met Victoria and Daniel:
Cicilia Segerstierna also got flabbergasted over the meeting with the royals, but still dared to joke with Victoria.
- I told her that this meeting is as big for Maud as when she met Bon Jovi. Then Victoria began to laugh and did a victory dance. But the fun is that Maud has never met Bon Jovi, she says.
She explains further that the meeting with the royals made a big impression on her, she now calls herself as a royalist.
- They were so incredibly nice both of them, so down to earth and felt like ordinary people. Both Victoria and Daniel took care that they shooked hands also with my daughter. I think I've been saved, says Cicilia Segerstierna.
Victoria och Daniel träffade okända släktingar mitt ute i ingenstans _ Kungligt _ Expressen

A few days ago 31-year old swedish Pernilla Lindberg from Bollnäs Golf Club took her first major win at ANA Inspiration Golf Tournament.

The swedish media tells that Daniel called to Pernilla to congratulate her:

After Pernilla had won, her mother told her, that an exciting phone call awaited Pernilla when she had finished photography and interviews.
A call from Prince Daniel.
- Oh! I'm looking forward to it. It's cool. I know he is a golf fan and has connection to Bollnäs, says Pernilla Lindberg.
Prince Daniel was born in Ockelbo and now has a summer house two kilometers from the golf club in Bollnäs.
Pernilla Lindberg uppringd av Prins Daniel efter majortiteln _ Aftonbladet

After the major win, Pernilla got tribute from Annika Sörenstam and large parts of the golfing world.
But there was also a telephone conversation from the Swedish royal house - golf enthusiast Prince Daniel called up.
How was it to get such a call?
- It was fun. It was a relaxed conversation and he was well-prepared, says Pernilla Lindberg to SvenskGolf.se.
Will it be a two-ball home at Bollnäs GK this summer?
- We said that we may see each other sometime in the future, but did not decide a start time together ...
Prince Daniel has Bro Hof Slott GC as home course but is also a honorary member of the PGA Sweden National.
Prins Daniel ringde upp_ ”Han var påläst” - Tournytt - Svensk Golf

Victoria and Daniel were yesterday evening at Dramaten (Royal Dramatic Theatre) to see Påklädaren (The Dresser by Ronald Harwood), where among others beloved 83-year old actor and singer Sven-Bertil Taube performs.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhKQ9WfgdVi/?tagged=kronprinsessanvictoria
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhKh2nZBdIw/?taken-at=213304201

Victoria and Daniel with Sven-Bertil Taube and other performers
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhKX1C8H1c4/?taken-by=erik_kristensen_

Sven-Bertil Taube and Krister Henriksson together on stage for the first time in a play about love and power struggle, comedy and darkness, behind the scenes. Then, a long time ago.
One evening in the 1940s, during Germany's bombings of England, the aging actor Sir John and his dresser prepare for the performance of King Lear. Around them they have a whole ensemble that is completely dependent on the great actor going up to stage and acting.
But Sir John approaches a breakdown and perceives the war's air alarms and bombings as a personal violation. He refuses to play! The only one who can pick him up on stage is his dresser.
Påklädaren - Dramaten

Gala magazine contacted Erik Kristensen (producer at Dramaten), who published the photo of Victoria and Daniel with the Påklädaren cast.
How fun that the Crown Princess couple visited you at Dramaten. Was it a planned visit for a long time by Crown Prince Victoria and Prince Daniel?
- No, we were informed about their private visit yesterday morning.
Was it the Crown Princess couple who wanted to see the play and come backstage or was it an invitation from Dramaten?
- It was at their own request - a private visit. Dramaten was told only the same day that they would use the royal box and I was told just before the show started that they would like to meet the actors right after the performance.
- I met the Crown Princess couple at the main entrance (not the royal entrance that is used when the royal box is to be visited) and followed the couple to their royal box by the usual staircase.
Did the actors know they would come too or was it a surprise?
- They were told an hour before the show began because the visit was of a private nature.
Did the crown princess couple sit at the royal box?
- Yes, just the two. Victoria and Daniel nodded and greeted the audience from the box.
How was the mood backstage and what questions were asked from both sides?
- The Crown Princess couple was overwhelmingly positive about the performance and were very touched about the great interaction and the game on stage especially between Sven-Bertil Taube and Krister Henriksson and Lena Endre, but also of the entire ensemble.
Did they stay long?
- They stayed at backstage for 45 minutes. Were among the last who left.
Did the Crown Princess couple say what they liked about the "Dresser"?
- They were very delighted. Were noticeably touched by the warmth and love which radiated from the stage.
Victoria och Daniel överraskade skådespelarna på Dramaten Gala Magazine

More about the photos taken at the café at an old school on Good Friday:

Svensk Damtidning tells that Ewa and Olle Westling and Daniel's sister Anna were also with Victoria, Daniel and the children at the trip to old school in southern Norrland. Cicilia Segerstierna said to SD:
- How happy and lovely people they are! They felt so genuine and close-knit as a family. It was like meeting old friends.
Cicilia, who is from Gävle, reports that she quickly recognized Daniel's sister Anna who bought her house in 2010.
How Victoria and Daniel were as parents?
- Just like ordinary parents. And Estelle and Oscar ran around like children usually do.
When the Crown Princess family got up to go Victoria had said with a warm tone:
- Now we have to go, Estelle.
- She was just like an ordinary mother wearing jeans and poncho, says Cicilia.
While Estelle accompanied Victoria in the hall, Daniel stayed in the schoolroom to clear away things from their table. Then Cicilia and Edit asked if they could take a photo with the royals.
- As for me, it's fine but I have to ask Victoria, Daniel answered, and went away to pick her up.
Allt om nya bilden på Victoria och Daniel _ Svensk Damtidning

Someone sent Victoria a rainbow scarf
"We’re not big fans of the monarchy, but we ain’t excluding anyone, and @princessvictoriaofsweden seems like a kind~hearted person.
She deserves a rainbow scarf, cause she married whoever she wanted.
Shipping the present first thing in the morning"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhCVwD6AiPv/?taken-by=alskavemfanduvill

A gift box from Victoria, she gave this during the Paralympic Games
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010080011P1522985909238241

Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, has hired author and historian Herman Lindqvist as SD's new columnist.
At his first column Lindqvist writes about his meetings with Victoria.

For three years I was lucky to be a private teacher for Crown Princess Victoria in history.
I was at an event at the Royal Palace, when Victoria came to me and asked if I could come and tell her about history. She reminded that it was hard for her to read books, but she would listen gladly.
We sat in a small salon at the Palace. A tray of tea was brought in. Before I reacted, she had poured tea into our cups. I told our story from the beginning, and ended the last year with all the rulers, their childhood, education, marriages and difficulties. Victoria was extremely interested. She made a lot of notes and next time she could ask questions about something she wanted to know more about. The lessons should have lasted an hour, but usually became much longer, because we could come through the present, media, trips she would do.
My teaching ended when she came to Paris. There I guided her in Napoleon and empress Joséphine's Malmaison, outside of Paris. An hour was reserved for the visit. She stayed for over two. She walked equally strictly through each showcase and every room, as her own great-grandfather Gustaf VI Adolf, used to inspect exhibitions.
I never forget how excited she was at this first meeting with her own ancestress empress Joséphine. There among the empress's clothes and belongings, it came clear to Victoria that she was related to the empress. Victoria's grandfather's grandfather's grandmother was married to Oscar I and was named Josefina of Leuchtenberg. She was the grandchild of Napoleon's empress.
In the evening, the history course ended with champagne at my place and then with oysters and champagne at La Coupole.
One day I will never forget.
Vår nya krönikör! Herman Lindqvist om Victoria _ Svensk Damtidning

Expressen's royal commentator Karin Lennmor at her chronicle today:
The royal family is not unintelligent - on the contrary

I often get questions that suggest that the royal family would be a bit shallow, almost unintelligent.
Nothing could be more wrong.
The only time I reacted was in 2011 when Tomas Tranströmer received the Nobel Prize in Literature and at a press conference I realized that the king had no idea who this literary giant was.
But otherwise. Think of our crown princess! I can no doubt say she is the future regent in Europe who has the broadest education! Oh my, what a cv!
It's doubtful if there is any Swedish royal in history who has that competence.
I looked in her education and was quite impressed. After Victoria graduated 1996, she wanted to train languages. First, it became French in Angers. And then she went to USA, to Yale University and plugged political science and history. She practiced also in the UN and the Swedish Embassy in Washington.
Victoria has read conflict resolution and peace enforcement at Uppsala University. In 2009 she gratuated with Bachelor of Arts degree. What is missing in the Crown Princess's exams is the so-called C-essay. But Victoria never wrote her C-essay just because her ratings as crown princess about peacekeeping operations were considered too sensitive. Instead, she had in spoken words discussion with her teacher.
She has practiced at the Swedish government, at the parliament, at Sida when Sweden was chairman of the EU. She practiced at the Swedish Embassy in China in a month of 2005, and also did longer study visits to the Swedish Trade Council in Paris and Berlin.
Victoria has basic soldier education and has completed courses at the Defense University. And in 2006 she underwent diplomatic programs.
I have certainly missed something, such as all trips she has done abroad. This is what is called the Queen School.
Our Crown Princess has also assumed another role nowadays. She has become an "influencer"!
She is engaged in environmental issues - and it is quite politically correct because we all agree that such issues are very important. Similarly, it is with clean water. Or health care.
Many are interested in what design Victoria wears on her dresses. Often, it is H&M or famous Swedish designers like Camilla Thulin or Ida Sjöstedt. Impact, of course, but also great advertising for our Swedish fashion industry, especially on foreign visits.
And it's no coincidence that Victoria is driving a Volvo, both privately and officially?
Intelligence and education are of course number One. But it's hardly wrong, that Victoria at the same time combines her cleverness with doing fine advertising for Sweden, having self-understanding and being socially super-competent.
I'm really glad we have such a future regent.
KARIN LENNMOR_ Kungafamiljen är inte ointelligent – tvärtom _ Karin Lennmor _ Expressen

Expressen's royal commentator Karin Lennmor at her chronicle today:
The royal family is not unintelligent - on the contrary

I often get questions that suggest that the royal family would be a bit shallow, almost unintelligent.
Nothing could be more wrong.
The only time I reacted was in 2011 when Tomas Tranströmer received the Nobel Prize in Literature and at a press conference I realized that the king had no idea who this literary giant was.
But otherwise. Think of our crown princess! I can no doubt say she is the future regent in Europe who has the broadest education! Oh my, what a cv!
It's doubtful if there is any Swedish royal in history who has that competence.
I looked in her education and was quite impressed. After Victoria graduated 1996, she wanted to train languages. First, it became French in Angers. And then she went to USA, to Yale University and plugged political science and history. She practiced also in the UN and the Swedish Embassy in Washington.
Victoria has read conflict resolution and peace enforcement at Uppsala University. In 2009 she gratuated with Bachelor of Arts degree. What is missing in the Crown Princess's exams is the so-called C-essay. But Victoria never wrote her C-essay just because her ratings as crown princess about peacekeeping operations were considered too sensitive. Instead, she had in spoken words discussion with her teacher.
She has practiced at the Swedish government, at the parliament, at Sida when Sweden was chairman of the EU. She practiced at the Swedish Embassy in China in a month of 2005, and also did longer study visits to the Swedish Trade Council in Paris and Berlin.
Victoria has basic soldier education and has completed courses at the Defense University. And in 2006 she underwent diplomatic programs.
I have certainly missed something, such as all trips she has done abroad. This is what is called the Queen School.
Our Crown Princess has also assumed another role nowadays. She has become an "influencer"!
She is engaged in environmental issues - and it is quite politically correct because we all agree that such issues are very important. Similarly, it is with clean water. Or health care.
Many are interested in what design Victoria wears on her dresses. Often, it is H&M or famous Swedish designers like Camilla Thulin or Ida Sjöstedt. Impact, of course, but also great advertising for our Swedish fashion industry, especially on foreign visits.
And it's no coincidence that Victoria is driving a Volvo, both privately and officially?
Intelligence and education are of course number One. But it's hardly wrong, that Victoria at the same time combines her cleverness with doing fine advertising for Sweden, having self-understanding and being socially super-competent.
I'm really glad we have such a future regent.
KARIN LENNMOR_ Kungafamiljen är inte ointelligent – tvärtom _ Karin Lennmor _ Expressen
An acquaintance of mine who's met both couples in an official capacity several times says that Victoria is one of the most intelligent persons he's ever met. He also said that neither of her parents are particularly smart although I heard Barbro Hultman, a former employee of the court and longtime royal journalist, say in a lecture that the King is a very cultured man with a deep knowledge about both current affairs and classical culture.
Regarding Thomas Tranströmer I doubt that 1 in 10 Swedes would recognise the name if asked about it.

Susanne "Tussen" Formgren from Ockelbo, former two-time world champion in power-lifting and also called the strongest woman in Sweden, died today in the age of 55. She and Daniel trained together at the gym in Ockelbo. Tussen said always in interviews that Daniel was very friendly and outgoing.
I have always loved this photo of Daniel with Tussen Formgren, which is in Aftonbladet's article.
Susanne ”Tussen” Formgren, Sveriges starkaste kvinna , död _ Aftonbladet

And I remember how Tussen was dressed as Pippi Longstocking when Victoria and Daniel made an official visit to Ockelbo in May 2011.
Here is Tussen Formgren with Victoria and Daniel in Ockelbo at the evening party.
https://bakomkulisserna.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2011/05/tussendanielvictoria4.jpg

Prince Daniel mourns his friend and training mate. Ockelbo profile Susanne "Tussen" Formgren passed away yesterday, only 55 years old.
Daniel and "Tussen" got to know each other long before Daniel became known as Victoria's boyfriend. They trained together at Ockelbo Atletklubb and "Tussen" once told Daniel used to sweep in, easygoing and happy: "He had humor and he joked on how he would be stronger than me."
But against "Tussen", who was Sweden's strongest woman and world champion at powerlifting, he had no chance of course. Lifting Daniel was a simple match.
- He was with me directly. It was a fun thing and we laughed, she told.
"Tussen" had two World Cup gold and 17 Swedish Champion titles in strength and lifting celebrities was her specialty.
- I have lifted Berghagen, Lassgård, Carola, Sven Tumba, Agneta Sjödin ... how many celebrities have I lifted, she told Gefle Dagblad in 2012.
But now the last point is set and in Ockelbo - and at Haga Palace - the sorrow is great.
"Tussen" Formgren became also a nice friend to Crown Princess Victoria.
Prins Daniel sörjer sin vän _Tussen_ _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Victoria and one of her hairdos has been an inspiration to a florist to make a head jewellery from flowers.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhQjYaoB1oK/?tagged=kronprinsessanvictoria

Victoria and Daniel have brought joy to Saga

"With greetings from the Crown Princess couple I send this gift which may give a little joy and encouragement." Saga has got a real princess dress
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhb7CB7AZNx/?taken-by=kristoffergrim

Saga is four years old. In December 2017, doctors reported that Saga has malignant brainstem glioma, and that she has about 13 months left to live. Now, the family is doing everything to fulfill their daughter's last wish.
Saga, 4, är dödligt sjuk – har malignt hjärnstamsgliom _ GT

Daniel is in the jury of new Entrepreneurship prizes founded by ICA Group.
Prize winners will be appointed by a vote together with a jury consisting of: Prince Daniel, Aida Hadzialic, former minister for Upper Secondary School, Adult Education and Training, Sara Rosengren, Professor at Stockholm School of Economics, Anders Källström, President of the Federation of Swedish Farmers, Ahmed Abdirahman, Järvaveckan's Initiative, ICA Trader Grete Tuven and Per Strömberg, CEO of the ICA Group.
Photo of the Jury:
https://www.icagruppen.se/globalassets/9.-entreprenorspriset/04.-rosta/jury-720x480.jpg

Two new prizes raise the importance of entrepreneurship in society
ICA will hand out SEK 100,000 each to two people who, with the help of their ideas and action, positively affect society. By awarding prize to "The Starter of the Year" and "The Local Hero of the Year", ICA hopes to increase entrepreneurship in Sweden.
The first prize - "The Local Hero of the Year" - goes to a person who has contributed to positive development in one's immediate area.
The second prize - "The Starter of the Year" - is awarded to a person who has immigrated to Sweden and, with the help of one's experience and entrepreneurship, started an activity that created new opportunities for both oneself and others.
The prizes will be awarded on 3rd May in Stockholm.

People can vote their favourites from 10 semifinalists, 5 in both prizes
Entreprenörspriset

Daniel is in USA, he was yesterday at a NHL icehockey match between Tampa Bay Lightning and New Jersey Devils in Tampa. Daniel's friend Peter "Foppa" Forsberg was also there, and swedish golfer Henrik Stenson.

What the prince of Sweden was doing at Lightning-Devils Game 2
If Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman seemed a bit nervous during Saturday's playoff game against New Jersey, it was only because he knew he was playing in the presence of royalty from his native Sweden.
Prince Daniel of Sweden was in attendance at Amalie Arena, and took time after the game to meet with the Lightning's two Swedish-born players — Hedman and fellow defenseman Anton Stralman.
"I was a little bit nervous before the game," Hedman said after Tampa Bay's 5-3 win to take a 2-0 lead in the opening round of the playoffs. "It's obviously all fun. He's a great guy, very humble. It was an honor to meet him again."
Hedman and Stralman had met Prince Daniel before — he hosted the Swedish national team last year after their win in the World Championships in Cologne, Germany.
"We got invited to the castle and I saw him and a few other royalties," Hedman said. "It was good to see him here. It was phenomenal."
Prince Daniel wasn't the only Swedish celebrity presence at the Lightning game. Golfer Henrik Stenson watched the game with his children and met the players after the game, as did former NHL star and Hockey Hall of Famer Peter Forsberg.
What the prince of Sweden was doing at Lightning-Devils Game 2 _ tbo.com

Was a pretty cool scene postgame with @heds77 and Anton Stralman hanging with Sweden’s Prince Daniel + hockey royalty, Hall of Famer Peter Forsberg. They were at #TBLightning #NJDevils game.

At this second photo, it seems that Daniel's friends Håkan Lundstedt and Patrik Vrbanc were also with Daniel and Foppa in USA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom