Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 4: September 2017 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's nice to have a practical alternative to her standard bun. Her hair is it quite as tightly drawn back as it is with a bun.

Ehmmm... there is nothing special or new about this hairclip. You can buy them in any store, right next to the shampoo and haircolouring products. I have been wearing them since highschool.
So, no nod to Diana either. I don't think she ever had hair long enough to put one in, anyway.

Ehmmm... there is nothing special or new about this hairclip. You can buy them in any store, right next to the shampoo and haircolouring products. I have been wearing them since highschool.
So, no nod to Diana either. I don't think she ever had hair long enough to put one in, anyway.
Diana did wear her hair quite long for a while. I think it was around the time of Harry's birth. But I agree that the comparison is a bit of a stretch (as they often are in these cases). https://images.app.goo.gl/bVp9WbmxL3jiBZ7c9

Today, September 15, H.R.H. Prince Daniel has his 47th birthday.
Olof Daniel, Prince of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland, was born on 15 September 1973 in Örebro. He is the youngest child of Ewa Westling and Olle Westling.
Prince Daniel became engaged to the Crown Princess at the Royal Palace in Stockholm in February 2009. The wedding took place on 19 June 2010 in the Stockholm Cathedral.
H.K.H. Prins Daniel fyller 47 år - Sveriges Kungahus

This great "new" photo of Daniel was taken in connection of the 10th wedding anniversary photos by photographer Elisabeth Toll at Gustav III's Pavilion. HQ photo at court press room:
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...iel.Foto_Elisabeth_Toll_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFJd_DiA4Bj/
Court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...2207520000../3450209125037975/?type=3&theater

Prince Daniel's birthday - see the highlights of his life as a prince!
He was a man of the people who won Victoria's heart and has been a prince ever since! Here are 8 pictures from his time in the royal family.
Prins Daniel fyller år – se höjdpunkterna från hans liv som prins! _ Svensk Dam

Swedish Press Agency congratulates Daniel with these photos
Hurra for Prince Daniel today! Turning... - Swedish Press Agency _ Facebook

Today Prince Daniel turns 47, send your congratulations here!

Grattis prins Daniel!

Så firar prins Daniel sin härliga födelsedag med Victoria - Allt om kungligt

Solliden Palace Facebook

#today is the #47thbirthday of Sweden #royalhighness #swedishroyals #hrh #princedaniel the husband of Swedens Crownprincess Victoria and the father of H.R.H. Princess Estelle and H.R.H. Prince Oscar. H.R.H. Prince Daniel is the #soninlaw of H.M. The King Carl XVI Gustaf and H.M.Queen Silvia of Sweden.
#happybirthday #happybirthdaytoyou #yourroyalhighness @hkhprinsdaniel
from #finnjasper_the_cat who has been blessed with meeting You Sir, some times
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFJml7ZpdRZ/

Crown Princess Victoria's husband has turned 47, and is celebrating his day.
"Today, HRH Prince Daniel turns 47!", The royal family writes on Instagram.
Tuesday is Prince Daniel's birthday - who turns 47.
The birthday is noticed, among other things, on the royal family's social media.
- Prince Daniel is traditionally celebrated. He celebrates with his family and it takes place completely privately, says Margareta Thorgren.
On Instagram, the royal family has published a picture of the birthday prince, where he is sitting handsome in a suit at a table in Gustav III's pavilion in Haga Park, near his home. Prince Daniel, Crown Princess Victoria and the children Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar all live at Haga Palace in Haga Park.
There were many who wanted to wish Prince Daniel a big happy birthday. In just three hours, the picture of Daniel had been liked over 20,000 times, and received over 700 comments with congratulations. On Facebook, there are even more who congratulate him - and many are grateful for his involvement with Generation Pep, where he encourages young people to move more.
Prins Daniel gratuleras på sin födelsedag – fyller 47 år

Last edited by a moderator:
He has certainly grown into the 'job' and looks appropriately regal but also relaxed.

On another subject, he has beautiful hands. I hadn't noticed that before.

Let's hope that in 3 years time, he will get a large 50th birthday party :jester: (with lots of fellow royals preferably)

Last edited:
Let's hope that in 3 years time, he will get a large 50th birthday party :jester: (with lots of fellow royals preferably)

As much as it would be lovely to see that, I'm not holding my breath, as it will be also his father-in-law's 50 years on the throne anniversary and likely also big celebration that I guess will again take precedence.

As much as it would be lovely to see that, I'm not holding my breath, as it will be also his father-in-law's 50 years on the throne anniversary and likely also big celebration that I guess will again take precedence.

Yes, that would make sense but it shouldn't be too hard to combine the festivities. Have an evening party for the younger generation the day before the big party for the king.

It's the same with our Crown Princess Mary. Her 40th birthday was not officially celebrated at all as her mother-in-law had her 40th anniversary of the throne the month before. In 1.5 years CP Mary will turn 50 years and although I hope that also we, for once, will have the opportunity to celebrate our hardworking Crown Princess and pay tribute to her after 20 years hard work for the DRF I don’t have high hopes as her mother-in-law also can celebrate her 50th anniversary on the throne the month before again.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning asked Margareta Thorgren, why there is so few work events for Victoria at the court calendar.

But when we talk to Margareta Thorgren, she tells us that even though it is almost empty on Victoria's schedule, it does not mean that she is resting from royal assignments. Instead, they will work more flexibly and not always post in advance what the Crown Princess will do for each week. It is part of the new corona strategy, as they don't want to attract any large crowds.
- There are many tasks ahead, both for the royal couple and the crown princess couple during the autumn. The calendar on our website only presents a selection of official assignments that are carried out. Thus, for example, no internal meetings, nor all external meetings, foundation assignments, preparations, planning, administrative work and so on. Covid-19 also means that we can not be as transparent in communication as we usually are, says Margareta Thorgren.
The restrictions on corona affect a lot and are the main reason why they choose to go further in this way.
- As we are in a pandemic, it is extremely important that we follow the restrictions for everyone involved. And if we were to post more information in the calendar in advance, the probability of people gathering on the spot would increase - and we should not create crowds. Then we risk everyone's health. We must think carefully and think new because we really want to highlight the king's important mission, not least in crises and in a pandemic.
Förklaringen bakom Victorias oväntade frånvaro _ Svensk Dam

It sounds like a no-brainer to me. My only question is why didn't they start doing this months ago?

The interview of Johan Rockström (director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), based in Germany, 12 years the director of Stockholm Resilience Centre (SRC)), was published on 13th September in Expressen. He spoke also about Victoria.

Tell us about what it was like to give a lecture to Crown Princess Victoria when you were head of the Stockholm Resilience Centre for twelve years?
- We had regular seminars, where the Crown Princess wanted to go through the research situation, especially in maritime and fisheries issues as she was the UN's ambassador for the sea goal in Agenda 2030. Like Greta Thunberg, the Crown Princess is extremely thirsty for knowledge. If we had agreed about two hours meeting, she took notes so that the pen glowed and kept saying "just one more question", so that it lasted still at least an hour. The King is also strongly involved in climate and environmental issues, but the Crown Princess is probably sharper in her way of constantly asking relevant questions and absorbing the latest knowledge.
Johan Rockström_ ”Vi har lösningen på klimatkrisen”

Svensk Damtidning's article "Timeless bun holds in all positions"
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited:
Carina Bergfeldt gets her own talk show on SVT.
When Skavlan is on parental leave after the turn of the year, the hole is filled by the former Aftonbladet employee.
She wants a mix of known and unknown guests, focusing on their history. And Carina Bergfeldt has a clear dream guest for the first season.
- I keep coming back to Prince Daniel. He has never lined up in such an interview and I have felt ever since I watched the wedding and he gave his speech that he has so much to say, but has chosen to stand in the background. It makes me crazily curious about him.
Carina Bergfeldt får egen talkshow i SVT _ Aftonbladet

I'm with you on that Lady Finn. The SRF really lucked out when Victoria married Daniel. His involvement in so many different fields is fascinating while his public reticence drives me nuts.

Crown Princess Victoria is a powerhouse and letting Daniel's light shine would only showcase just how well she chose and take nothing from the rest of the family.

Earlier this week, the Crown Princess, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar visited the exhibition "Look at the rugs – find me" in the Hall of State at the Royal Palace. The exhibition shows a selection of textile artist Märta Måås-Fjetterström's works and ends on 4 October.
The exhibition, which takes place on the King's initiative and was inaugurated by the King in October 2019, shows about sixty of Märta Måås-Fjetterström's works. Several of the rugs come from the royal collections. Kerstin Hagsgård, Curator of the Royal Collections, told about the exhibition.
Kronprinsessan, Prinsessan Estelle och Prins Oscar på besök i Märta Måås vävda värld - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos at court press room by Sara Friberg/The Royal Court
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_5_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_4_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_3_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_2_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_1_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg

The visit was made on 21st September.

Victorias nya bilder på Oscar och Estelle! _ Svensk Dam

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks for sharing! It's good that Estelle and Oscar are being exposed to royal history at a young age - especially for Estelle. Her hair also looks like it's gotten much longer lately! I noticed Oscar had a temporary tattoo on his hand, they're very popular with kids his age here at the moment.

Beautiful pictures. The Hall of State looks good with the rugs! Estelle is as fascinated by everything as ever.

Great to see both kids at this. And such a neat exhibition to visit. :flowers:

I love how Victoria and Daniel have introduced their kids, especially Estelle, from a young age to royal life. Not simply balcony appearances like some royal kids. They get those to, but they go with their mother on things like this, where they are learning about their country's history and tradition.

I am all for royal kids being kids. But its great to see a couple finding a balance so the kid doesn't get thrown into the deep end when older.

Estelle is looking so much more mature as of late. Maybe its the hair and the outfit, but she looks like she had grown.

Oscar might be a bit young but Estelle seems really keen on what she is seeing.

At Instagram of the Royal Palaces about the visit
"Last week!
The exhibition in the Rikshall at the Royal Palace runs until 4 October. "Look at the rugs – find me", the title of the exhibition is Märta Måås-Fjetterström's own words, that's how she described her art. It was the carpets that expressively talked about who she was and told about her sources of inspiration, life, career and the conditions for female entrepreneurship during the first half of the 20th century.
Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar visited the exhibition this week. For children, there is an activity to perform in the exhibition, to find the animals in Märta Måås-Fjetterström's work."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFjX8_bp4xM/

Earlier this week, the Crown Princess, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar visited the exhibition "Look at the rugs – find me" in the Hall of State at the Royal Palace. The exhibition shows a selection of textile artist Märta Måås-Fjetterström's works and ends on 4 October.
The exhibition, which takes place on the King's initiative and was inaugurated by the King in October 2019, shows about sixty of Märta Måås-Fjetterström's works. Several of the rugs come from the royal collections. Kerstin Hagsgård, Curator of the Royal Collections, told about the exhibition.
Kronprinsessan, Prinsessan Estelle och Prins Oscar på besök i Märta Måås vävda värld - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos at court press room by Sara Friberg/The Royal Court
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_5_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_4_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_3_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_2_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...åås_1_Foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna.jpg

The visit was made on 21st September.

Victorias nya bilder på Oscar och Estelle! _ Svensk Dam

If anyone wants to see this beautiful exhibit, the court has graciously put the whole thing online (and in English, too). https://vr.kungligaslotten.se/mmf_carpetexhibition_eng/?s=pano61419#pano61419/-24.3/1.4/90.0

Daniel attended at Samhall's Visa vägen -gala (Show the Way gala) on 25th November 2019, and delivered the Show the Way prize to the employer and the driving force who have done the most to open up the job market to people with disabilities. Daniel was a member of the jury, and he is also this year. Samhall is owned by the state and their mission is to create enriching jobs for people with disabilities.

At the gala was shown a video clip of Daniel's desk at his office, there was a photo of Daniel's visit to Samhall's customer company Grönsakshallen Sorunda in Hägersten on 5th June 2014.
Daniel says that the visit made a very big impression on him and he never wants to forget it.
https://vimeo.com/376328718

The photo, of which we see only a part, seems to be this, Victoria and Daniel with Ingvar Kamprad on their visit to Småland at the governor's reception at the residence in Jönköping, 1st April 2011.

Last edited:
Prince Daniel Fellowship's Mentoring program fpr entrepreneurs - application now open!
Applications for the mentoring program 2021-2022 are open between September 12 and October 15, 2020. The program starts in early 2021 and runs until the end of 2022. When we have reviewed all the applications, we make a selection of the applicants that we call for an interview with our steering group. Interviews will take place in November / December 2020.
Prince Daniel Fellowship's mentoring program gives a number of selected driven entrepreneurs the opportunity to receive support for two years to develop their company with the help of a mentor who is hand-picked from the Swedish or foreign business community.
The mentoring program is open to entrepreneurs under 40 years of age. The company must have been started after 2010 and have a turnover of at least SEK 5 million or be a start-up company with good growth opportunities. The applicant must be the CEO or founder of the company.
Content of the program
Individual meetings with an exclusively selected mentor who is completely matched to the adept's needs.
Inspirational lectures, company visits, network meetings and other tailor-made activities.
Participation in other activities arranged within the framework of the Prince Daniel's Fellowship
Mentors
Prince Daniel's Fellowship mentors are specially selected for the program. The matching takes place according to the adept's needs and wishes. Among the previous mentors are some of Sweden's most successful business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Mentorprogram för entreprenörer - Ansökan nu öppen! - Prins Daniels Fellowship

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFuINg8pP0i/

Svensk Damtidning's article about Victoria's bridesmaids and page boys at last week's issue
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning:
It would have been their first year as absolute front figures in the new slim Royal House. The idea was that Crown Princess Victoria, 43, and Prince Daniel, 47, would step forward even more than before, and consolidate their position as the royal power couple. And they would become even clearer as symbols of the future Swedish monarchy.
That was the king's message when he launched the new smaller Royal House last autumn: By his side, he and the queen would have a small core squad consisting of the Crown Princess, Prince Daniel, Prince Oscar and Princess Estelle.
Next Wednesday it will be a year since all this happened, but how has it been?
Yes, not as intended.
The king's plan for Victoria and Daniel
The corona virus came in between, as with almost everything else in Sweden and the world right now, and we have not seen Victoria and Daniel at all to the extent that it was planned. All their official visits and long journeys have been put on ice indefinitely. Instead, they - like everyone else - have had to focus on the effects of the pandemic. They have supported and drawn attention to the groups that have been hit hardest.
- The Swedish people had really longed to see Victoria and Daniel going strong this year. After the king's decision to downsize the family with titles, it is the royal couple and the crown princess couple who are in focus. They are the ones to be seen in the royal representation and Victoria and Daniel had both trips abroad and visits to Sweden planned. It is a great disappointment that they have not been able to implement them, for everyone involved, says Svensk Damtidning's Ellen Myrgård Lindén.
But the king's new strategy is set, and as soon as the corona fog clears - well then we will see Victoria and Daniel show the way forward in a whole new way.
Victoria och Daniel – drömmen gick i kras _ Svensk Dam

While Daniel and Victoria might not have been out and about as much as planned. They did clearly raise to the status of THE couple carrying the weight of the royal work as they DID go out and the king and queen hardly did given their age. So, I am not sure how it didn't work out... It was different than planned but showed probably even more that the two of them are the central couple in the SRF.

Mynthuset:
Gold medal with Crown Princess Victoria
https://www.mynthuset.se/images/sto..._victoria_www.png.pagespeed.ce.D7pJD6n_5h.png

We are pleased to be able to offer this fantastic gold medal in 9 carats with a completely new portrait of Crown Princess Victoria that has never been minted on a coin or medal before. The gold medal is large, a full 25 mm in diameter and issued in a limited edition of only 2999 copies.
Stor guldmedalj Kronprinsessan Victoria i 9 karat guld! - Kungligt _ Mynthuset - Mynt, medaljer, sedlar och samlartillbehör på nätet
Translation

It was the best gift Ockelbo could get: Synsam is investing heavily in the Westling family's hometown and moving the entire spectacle production from China to Prince Daniel-country. This means 150 new jobs and a huge boost when Synsam enters and becomes the municipality's largest private employer. One million new glasses are manufactured in Ockelbo every year.
Yes, it is easy to imagine the cheers, both at Victoria and Daniel at Haga, and at home with the Westling family in the red house on Smältvägen. Ewas and Olle's hearts beat for Ockelbo, they are deeply rooted, and always protected by the people of Ockelbo when they go shopping or are out on their walks by Bysjön. And for their hometown, Synsam's multimillion-dollar establishment is like winning the highest profit.
So Ockelbo has a tailwind - but would Synsam have established himself here without Prince Daniel? There is no answer to that question. However, it is no secret that Daniel is a close friend of Synsam's President and CEO Håkan Lundstedt. Every summer they play golf together on Öland.
However, Håkan Lundstedt is clear that this is about Ockelbo offering the best alternative: The competitors Östersund and Eskilstuna were carefully evaluated, based on "economics, logistics and implementation". But Ockelbo won!
- We at Synsam work for a more sustainable local production with as few and short transports as possible. For us, it is a historic decision. We believe that it will be fantastically good, says CEO Håkan Lundstedt.
And Magnus Jonsson, the chairman of the municipal board in Ockelbo, is of course just as happy:
- This is an incredibly positive message for the local labor market in Ockelbo and the surrounding area!
Det oväntade glädjebeskedet till Ewa Westling! _ Svensk Dam

150 new jobs and that Synsam becomes Ockelbo's largest private employer. A rather sensational move - and according to information to Svensk Damtidning, it is Prince Daniel who has helped to direct Synsam's contact with the municipality, based on his friendship with the CEO Håkan Lundstedt.
The new factory that Synsam will build in Ockelbo. Next autumn, everything should be ready.
- This is not something that would be communicated to the outside world, but Prince Daniel's name and connection have had positive consequences, says our informant.
- It must be said that he has done something very big for his old hometown.
Håkan Lundstedt, the CEO of Synsam:
- We at Synsam work for a more sustainable local production with as few and short transports as possible. Therefore, the relocation of our production to Sweden is an important next step in Synsam's efforts to contribute to a reduced climate footprint.
- For us, this is a historic decision. We think it will be fantastic.
And Prince Daniel's old school friend Magnus Jonsson, who is now chairman of the municipal board in Ockelbo, says:
- This is an incredibly positive message for the local labor market in Ockelbo and the surrounding area. Such large establishments can also pave the way for additional jobs. I see great potential in Synsam's establishment in our municipality.
Daniels gest för mamma Ewa – hemliga miljonuppgörelsen _*Svensk Dam

The story behind Victoria's beloved jewelry
This year, the jewelry brand Charlotte Bonde Sthlm celebrates 10 years. Over the years, Charlotte Bonde's beautiful design has become a royal favorite, Crown Princess Victoria is a diligent user of the jewelry.
Basically, Charlotte Ihre, the woman behind Charlotte Bonde Sthlm, is a silversmith. In addition, she has a university degree in design and media communication. The interest in jewelry has always been there, ever since childhood.
The Crown Princess, among many many other celebrities and stars, has worn your jewelry - how come?
- I hope it is because they like the jewelry and feel nice in them. The Crown Princess and Princess Sofia have talented stylists, Lotta Carlsén and Tina Törnqvist, with whom I am grateful to have collaborated, they are also keen to work with Swedish brands, which I think is very good.
Historien bakom Victorias mest älskade smycken _ Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel and the small gestures of love
This year they have been together for 19 years. These quick proofs of tenderness are seen quite often.
Bilden med Daniel avslöjar! Så visar Victoria sin kärlek _*Svensk Dam

Prince Daniel is delighted with Synsam's investment in Ockelbo: "Incredibly positive"
Next year, Synsam will open a factory in Ockelbo.
- It is incredibly positive and uplifting with an investment of this size in a small community like Ockelbo. It is so gratifying for us who grew up or live in the countryside, says Prince Daniel, who is a friend of Synsam's CEO Håkan Lundstedt.
Prins Daniel gläds åt Synsams satsning i Ockelbo_ _Otroligt positivt

Daniel and Håkan Lundstedt have been friends for a long time, here they arrive to a basketball game on 20th November 2005.

Svensk Damtidning tells that Victoria and Oscar were at cozy restaurant Cassi at Östermalm yesterday evening. Oscar had many friends with him and they were at full swing. Victoria had their nanny with her and the nanny helped also with the other children.
Kronprinsessan Victoria tvingas ta hjälp med prins Oscar _*Svensk Dam

About Victoria and Oscar at Cassi Restaurant on Wednesday
What a mother-luxury for Crown Princess Victoria: Own time with Prince Oscar at a neighborhood restaurant out on the town!
It was 18.00 when Crown Princess Victoria got the regulars at the neighborhood restaurant Cassi on Östermalm to put down the cutlery and stare once more. Because there she came climbing in through the front door, and with her she had Prince Oscar and his friends from football training. And all their mothers.
There were six children and as many parents and they sat in the room at the far end. The children - and Victoria's nanny - at the long table and the adults at the round. And the Säpo guards got their own table away at the counter with desserts.
All the little boys wore football shirts, with their idols on their backs, and they ran around chasing each other among the tables.
- Now you're disturbing the others! shouted Victoria. So when someone came up with the idea that the children should play Tysta Leken (Silent Play), she thought it was an absolutely brilliant idea.
It was also clear that Victoria came directly from the Royal Palace and the meeting she and Prince Daniel had earlier in the day with the Expert and Youth Council from their Foundation. She still had her work look with the pink checkered jacket and the black trousers. The only difference was that she had replaced the high-heeled pumps with her white Stan Smith shoes.
And as said - there were flabbergasted. Especially as it was Victoria who took the lead: She collected all the orders and then went to the bar and steered it all. The kids ate from the children's menu, grilled sausages with french fries for SEK 83 and Victoria ordered the house special, a Steak Minute for SEK 245. She drank Ramlösa (carbonated mineral water).
Victoria has thus become a football mom. But just as usual, it can still not be when the football mother Victoria goes to the pub in the company of two bodyguards and her nanny.
So Victoria attracted a lot of attention among the restaurant guests, but she also seemed to know several of them. And when our eyewitness left the restaurant at 7pm, Victoria and the football moms were still there.
Lyxkväll för Victoria_ Privata middagen ute på stan _Svensk Dam

Last edited by a moderator:
The world record holder in polevault, Victoria Award winner 2020, Armand Duplantis was as a guest at Skavlan talkshow yesterday. We remember Duplantis playing with Daniel at Victoriagolfen.
Skavlan asked Armand about him playing golf, and what is his handicap. Armand started playing golf in March, has played a lot and said that it is something over thirteen, maybe fourteen.
Skavlan: I think I have a photo of your golf trainer - and shows a photo of Armand with prince Daniel.
Armand jokes: Yes, that is my golf trainer.
Skavlan: This is prince Daniel of Sweden teaching something to you at the golf course. Is he better than you?
Armand: Yes, prince Daniel was really good. Almost too good. I just said "You must play a lot". He was really good. It was really cool playing with him. Because when we got to the course it was just like a couple of bros just playing golf, having a good time. If I didn't know that he was a prince, I would have never guessed that. He is super down to earth guy and loves sports and really loved to be on a golf course.
Skavlan: Were you at the top of your game or did he crush you?
Armand: We were at the same team, we played scramble. I did not play that well, and it still kind of haunts me today. It was actually kind of a funny story, because... In the first hole we had a bunch of cameras and staff, taking pictures of us. I just crushed a drive, in the middle of the fairway, and thought "This is going to be a fantastic day". But the cameras were only at the first hole and the eighteenth hole. So I had a great first hole, played terribly from two to seventeen and on the eighteenth, when all the people and cameras were there, I made a super long putt. On the camera it looked like I did fantastic, but between everything I was playing pretty poorly. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing but I did it when it counted.
Skavlan: You play four hours or something. Did you chat? What could you chat about? Did you call him in third person?
Armand: Third person?
Skavlan: You should do that, you know?
Armand: Really?
Skavlan: Yes, he is a prince!
Armand: I tried to be respectful and everything. But he was... I think he enjoyed for being, I could say "normal" for a bit, just playing golf. On the golf course we are just enjoying the difficulty of the game itself. Mostly we were speaking about sports, like to guys do. Normal day on a golf course.
Skavlan: Is your plan on one day to crush him on the golf course?
Armand: Yes, I need to get back on the course with the prince.
Skavlan: And to really humiliate him for once and for all?
Armand smiled: Yes, I need that, I have to do that.
Skavlan - Armand Duplantis och Isabella Löwengrip bland gästerna _ SVT Play

Oväntade avslöjandet om prins Daniel, Under Skavlan! _*Svensk Dam
Prins Daniels heta killträff med unge stjärnan _ Stoppa Pressarna

Synsam moves the factory to Ockelbo from Asia.
Prince Daniel praises the investment in his hometown.
The factory will be built from scratch in Ockelbo in Gävleborg County. It is expected to be ready next autumn. The factory will be Ockelbo municipality's largest private employer with around 150 new jobs. And there may be more in the future.
Prince Daniel from Ockelbo celebrates the move.
"It is incredibly positive and uplifting with an investment of this size in a small community like Ockelbo", Prince Daniel writes in an email to Aftonbladet.
"It is so gratifying for us who grew up or live in the countryside."
The factory in the municipality with just under three thousand inhabitants will be the Nordic region's largest and most modern production unit for spectacle manufacturing, Synsam states.
Prince Daniel hopes that the investment in his Ockelbo can be the starting shot for several similar initiatives.
"Investments in moving production home to Sweden have not been commonplace, rather the opposite", he writes. "But perhaps we see a change now given the power and ability that exists throughout Sweden."
He thinks it's happening a lot of exciting things now.
“Battery production in Skellefteå, spectacle production in Ockelbo, perhaps also a land-based salmon farm in Säffle."
Prins Daniel hyllar Synsams flytt till Ockelbo _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Skavlan: You play four hours or something. Did you chat? What could you chat about? Did you call him in third person?
Armand: Third person?
Skavlan: You should do that, you know?
Armand: Really?
Skavlan: Yes, he is a prince!
Once again Fredrik can't keep his mouth shut about things he apparently knows nothing about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom