Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Physiology isn't the study of physical studies, it studies how the organism works. As a doctor, I understand why he is taking the course, for it would be impossible to understand the body without Physiology.

Victoria and Daniel spent the Christmas Eve with Daniel´s parents in Ockelbo. They left Stockholm in late Wednesday evening, Daniel drove the couple's big Lexus jeep and they were joined by a SÄPO car.
Near Gävle they stopped at a gas station to buy some small items. Daniel waited outside when Victoria made their purchases. He was wearing a jacket from Fjallraven and a cap with the New York Yankees logo. Lazar Jankulowski was also at the gas station, heading on a skiing holiday when he spotted the Crown Princess couple.​
- Victoria was really beautiful, she could have come from a wedding and Daniel was neatly dressed in a jacket and scarf, he says.
Jankulowski talked to Daniel, while Victoria was in the store. When she came out, he asked if he could take a photo.
- Daniel was a gentleman. He said yes to the photo. Really great fun. They were so nice. Really really nice.
Daniel and Victoria continued to Ockelbo. This is the first time that Victoria spent the Christmas Eve with her in-laws. Also Daniel's sister Anna and her husband Mikael were there.
Victoria and Daniel will celebrate Christmas also with the royal couple and Crown Princess' siblings at Drottningholm Palace.
- I have no information how they celebrate. It belongs to the private. There will be a traditional celebration throughout the holiday season at the palace, explains Bertil Ternert.
Victoria firade jul med svärmors kålpudding - Extra - Expressen Extra
Google translate

Last edited:
German Bunte quotes Expressen, that Victoria and Daniel were seen spending New Year in skiing resort Vemdalen in Sweden. They ate lunch at a restaurant with their friends and their children. "Daniel joked with the kids", a guest reported to Expressen, "it looked like a very normal and comfortable group. Victoria ate with a good appetite."
Mary, Victoria & Co.: Die Royals begrüßen das neue Jahr - BUNTE

:previous:That's not surprising. Victoria's very down to earth with a girl-next-door sort of quality.

Yes,she is a princess but there is an essence of of a nice and down to earth person in her.

Last edited:
The court has updated the calendar, two work engagements for Daniel in April
on 12th he will visit Volvo in Gothenburg
and on 26th he attends at "13th national conference of International Network of Health promoting Hospitals and Health services" in Stockholm.
http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender/hkhprinsdaniel.4.40e05eec12926f2630480001262.html

Ockelbo has published a book consisting of the wedding of Victoria and Daniel, the wedding party in Ockelbo and Victoria´s and Daniel´s visit in Ockelbo.
"Ockelbo, a small town with 6000 inhabitants in the northern Gästrikland. Here Prince Daniel grew up. He always returns here. These recent years Ockelbo had good reason to celebrate. Now we open our photo album and share our amazing pictures from the festivities. Many of the moments we depict in the book are unique in its kind and has never been shown. This book is also a story about a spirit that people often say that Ockelbo has. A spirit that made us to hold a wedding reception and an official visit that we wanted them to come. That includes of course the pride and respect that right from the start made Daniel and Victoria love Ockelbo. But it is as much about the joint efforts with warmth and commitment. From everyone from Ockelbo."
http://www.ockelbo.se/Besokare/Boken/
Google translation
The book has been sent to Victoria and Daniel.
En bok om pappas hemort | Bakom Kulisserna
Google translation

Last edited:
Last edited:
ruthieviews

I am not sure where this belongs, but I have some questions about Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's vacation spots and homes they may or may not have purchased.

I know that Haga Palace was "given" to them as a wedding present. Do they now own it, or has it just been given to them for their use?

Several years ago, they visited Brazil and Pratigi Resort. Is Daniel still one of the investors? Do they own a vila there?

Early this year, I read they purchased a condo in the hill country of Southern Spain while visiting a family member who vacations nearby. Did they purchase a condo there?

Now I read that they have built a vacation home on Oland near Solliden Palace. It was expected to be finished in March 2012. Is this true?

I know that the Royal Family wanted to build "rustic sleeping cabins" for "the children" there. Since they are all 30-somethings and have significant others, I think they are more likely to want a house of their own or access to Solliden. Surely the Crown Princess couple and child will want more than a rustic cabin for their family.

Thank you for finding the correct spot for this and hopefully some answers.

I am not sure where this belongs, but I have some questions about Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's vacation spots and homes they may or may not have purchased.

I know that Haga Palace was "given" to them as a wedding present. Do they now own it, or has it just been given to them for their use?

Several years ago, they visited Brazil and Pratigi Resort. Is Daniel still one of the investors? Do they own a vila there?

Early this year, I read they purchased a condo in the hill country of Southern Spain while visiting a family member who vacations nearby. Did they purchase a condo there?

Now I read that they have built a vacation home on Oland near Solliden Palace. It was expected to be finished in March 2012. Is this true?

I know that the Royal Family wanted to build "rustic sleeping cabins" for "the children" there. Since they are all 30-somethings and have significant others, I think they are more likely to want a house of their own or access to Solliden. Surely the Crown Princess couple and child will want more than a rustic cabin for their family.

Thank you for finding the correct spot for this and hopefully some answers.

About Haga Palace:
The king or Victoria and Daniel don´t own the Haga Palace.
After standing empty for a long period, Gustaf VI Adolf granted use of the palace to the Swedish government for foreign guests. In 2009, the government transferred the right of disposal back to H.M. The King, in order to prepare a home for The Crown Princess Couple.
Since November 2010, Victoria and Daniel have been living at Haga Palace.
Haga Palace - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

About Brazil and Pratigi:
I haven´t found out any strict information, but there was an article somewhere after the wedding, that Daniel has stepped out of the whole project. I don´t know if it is true, maybe we will get new information some day. About building a villa there, I guess it was just a rumour.

About the villa in Spain:
There were rumours, but there has been any trustful news about that Victoria and Daniel would have bought a villa from Spain.

About their own summer house in Solliden:
The press was writing last September that Victoria and Daniel would be building a new summer house which would be ready in March. But the authorities said that they had heard about the plans but that they hadn´t got any building licence request. Maybe it was postponed. Last week it was written in swedish press, that the municipality and the County Board have approved the construction projects of the royal family, they are building a new house in Solliden. We shall see if that is the new summer house of Victoria and Daniel. It is planned to be at a different place at the Solliden palace area than the rumours were telling last September.
Kungligt fritidshus med egen pool / Öland / NYHETER / ÖSTRAN / Östra Småland AB
Google translation

Nytt hus vid Solliden – till kronprinsessparets ära | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

Last edited:
Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall publishes a new book this week - "Victoria - prinsessa och mamma" ("Victoria - princess and a mother")
Finnish Iltalehti has but as the headline of it´s story: New book reveals: Victoria´s difficult labour (claiming that the birth of Estelle wasn´t so easy).
Lindwall promises that the book has much new information and that the book tells a lot of things that the public can´t know otherwise. It also also about the honeymoon.
Uutuuskirja paljastaa: Victorian vaikea synnytys | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi

The book is a completed edition of Lindwall's book a couple of years ago: "Victoria - Prinsessan privat" (Victoria - the princess in private)
On February 23, 2012 at 04:26 princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary was born. This completed Victoria's and Daniel's happiness after ten years together, years filled with fight against the doubt of the close ones, but where love prevailed in the end.
In Victoria - Princess and a mother Johan T Lindwall gives a unique, comprehensive view of the Crown Princess's life from birth until she herself became a mother. In this expanded edition of his acclaimed book about Victoria we are inside the castle walls, and bring to life scenes from the wedding, honeymoon and maternity ward.
This new book contains seven newly written chapters on everything that has happened since last time, and also current images, and the book is almost twice as thick. Johan talks about Victoria's reaction to the scandals surrounding the book of the king, of Daniel's health after kidney transplantation and the rumors about Silvia's alleged Alzheimer's. After a few turbulent years, little Estelle is just what the royal family needs.
Victoria - Prinsessa och mamma - Lindwall, Johan T. (9789137137841) · Bokia

Last edited:
From finnish Iltalehti yesterday (the paper version), Johan T Lindwall tells about his book:
Lindwall tells that he has interviewed people close to the royal family to these new chapters. Of course there are also Victoriá's and Daniel's own comments
- I have met them over a hundred times during the last couple of years. I have attended almost every their trips. Lindwall says that "Prinsessan privat" was a big success, it was sold over 50000 copies. He gave the book to Victoria and Daniel, Victoria and Daniel said nothing about it then. But Lindwall has heard from their friends afterwards that they liked it (funny, I read at the papers that Victoria was angry because of so many untruths at the book).
Lindwall aims to give Victoria and Daniel their own copies signed with an autograph, when he meets them next time.
The book begins from 2010 - when Daniel wakes up at the hospital after the kidney transplant operation, and it ends to the birth of Estelle. There are not just nice things in the book.
- During this time many things have happened: The broken engagement of Madeleine and Jonas, the wedding, the pregnancy, the scandals of the king, says Lindwall.
The book tells also of how Victoria reacted to the scandals and the alleged Alzheimers disease of the queen. There is also much about Daniel´s illness. Daniel was in a poor condition during the time of the operation, and he can´t live a fully normal life nowadays either.
- I tell in the book about how he fears to be at the sun. He has a many times bigger risk to get skin cancer than the rest of us, tells Lindwall.

Johan T Lindwalls book might have sold 50,000 copies in all, but according to one source i saw 39,000 of those were paperbacks(pockets in Swedish) that were sold together with the Expressen newspaper for 39 kr the week before the wedding.

Sadly its in Swedish but is this book just a bio on crown princess Victoria and motherhood?

The question is what is a bio? just facts or adding analysis (hopefully based on facts and not sensational interpretation!). The article of Aftonbladet raises the question whether Victoria is a hostage hold by a macho monarchy system. That is illustrated by the photoshoped picture of Vic at the last Nobel ceremony featured behind a fence. I see it more a way of earning money for Lindvall. Books on Victoria sell well in Sweden
I doubt the couple will like it.

A newspaper (don't remember whether Aftonbladet or Expressen) had a video fairly recently where Lindvall was invited by the Birros Bord team at one of their discussion programme; he was pleased to announce: "I had now also a good relationship with Prins Daniel, some years ago he hated me". Not sure the book will help further in the right direction.
Incendentally this threat of the Forum had a picture where Lindvall was congratulating Prins Daniel for the birth of the little princess; I had the impression Daniel's hand shaking was pretty cold.

I think that Victoria and Daniel are in a quite good relationship with Johan T Lindwall from Expressen and Mattias Sandberg from Aftonbladet, which follow V and D to almost every work engagement. Lindwall told at Birro's Board, that he sometimes drinks coffee at the same table with V and D, when they are on a visit in some place. Lindwall also got the first interview from Daniel after the engagement was announced. Mattias Sandberg told in AftonbladetTV at Estelle's birthday, that he met Daniel one day and they chatted friendly. He told to Daniel, that he was having his birthday (I´m not sure was it 30th birthday) on the next day. When he met V and D at a work engagemënt during the next day, Victoria came to him and congratulated him of his birthday.

He continues to boast the fact that the king was told about the relationship a Sunday 2001. Unfortunally there are hints to show us that such a conversation never took place. The king was listening to the radio and the sportscommentator said that AIK played Trelleborg and was down a goal. That game has never happened according to svenskfotboll.se and bolletinen.se AIK never faced Trelleborg in 2001 on a s Sunday.

Another part is the 30th birthday that Daniel had. The king had him postpone it after Anna Lindhs death and he never had a big party.

I am also not sure that Lindwall was on Greenland at the time of Daniels surgery.

Lindwall say he watched a screen how the jet flew. Thats impossible. The site on the net that show flights can not show that particullar flight when it was over the Atlantic and outside radarrange, i know, i studied other flights.

If i were to investigate the book even further i would find more errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom