Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 6: December 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody is looking most serious in the pics from Place Vendome indeed, which is all the more noticeable as they are just supposed to be enjoying a stop-over in Paris before proceeding to the island of Öland for the rest of the summer holidays.
Thank you very much for posting the link, LadyFinn.

Perhaps, but 90% of what your saying is not coming out of your mouth.

Seeing Sophia with the family makes me wonder whether Prince Daniel feels a bit... well, weird. They dated for 7+ years and he was never "welcomed" to the family as she is. We never saw him with the family till the engagement...

Seeing Sophia with the family makes me wonder whether Prince Daniel feels a bit... well, weird. They dated for 7+ years and he was never "welcomed" to the family as she is. We never saw him with the family till the engagement...

I certainly would if I was him :ermm:

Daniel vacationed with the royal family starting shortly after he and Victoria started dating. Victoria's life is very different from the life Carl Philip will be able to live so the importance of Daniel and Victoria taking their time before getting married was not only the King's reluctance. Even William has said he wanted Catherine to get a good idea of what his life is like so she has a chance to back out if she wanted to.

Daniela and Victoria socialized with other royals, friends of the royal family and travelled frequently together so we can assume he was very much part of Victoria's family.

Such pictures, I mean King & Queen mingling with Sofia and everything that can possibly be associated with her, would never have existed in the clean pre-scandal world of the SRF.

Daniel was never good enough and during his yearlong courtship with Victoria, King & Queen stayed away from him, most likely hoping the relationship would fail so they could never be linked to a "commoner fitness trainer". Back in those days they were pretty stand-offish.

The only reason Sofia is now seen publicly within the family is that King & Queen have used up all their ammunition, how can they possibly say that somebody with a history like Sofia is not good enough keeping in mind their own scandals, rumours surrounding the King himself, Maddeleines cheating fiancee etc etc.

The standards of the SRF have been lowered big, big time - something nobody, least of all King & Queen, would even have imagined only two years ago.

Its sad really and will eventually lead to monarchy's downfall in Sweden.

Daniel vacationed with the royal family starting shortly after he and Victoria started dating.
This is the first time I'm hearing it was supposedly 'shortly after' they 'started dating'; could you provide a source, please?

While Victoria is around, the SRF has nothing to worry about.

"Princesse n'est pas un métier - c'est un état".
Princess isn't a job (or trade) - it's a state (of being).

Oh my, the tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife.
Awkward!
Makes me wonder what's going on, if it's just Sofia's presence or if there is something more to it...
This does not look like a happy family vacation.

Judging from all the goings-on in the last few months, it's not a happy family, let alone a happy family vacation...

The only spark on the horizon are ..... Vic & Dan !

Judging from all the goings-on in the last few months, it's not a happy family, let alone a happy family vacation...
That's true, but until recently they were at least trying to look like a "happy family". During the Monaco wedding both Victoria & Daniel looked, I don't know any better expression then, pissed off. Now the whole family looks like that. I wouldn't want to be there.

The only spark on the horizon are ..... Vic & Dan !

not so sure here ... they most certainly have their own issues. The expactations / weight on her shoulders is HUGE, the future Queen who hasnt even started her own family and the constant worry about her husbands' health ...

The whole clean family image has broken down and being a member is not a happy place, for anyone. Its only that some are better actors than others.

This is the first time I'm hearing it was supposedly 'shortly after' they 'started dating'; could you provide a source, please?

Daniel was with Victoria, the king and the Queen at a concert in Borgholm on the 17th July 2003. They tried to hide as good as possible, I have seen only this photo of it.
Expressen
But I wouldn´t call this "Shortly after", because Victoria and Daniel had dated over 1,5 year then. And you can´t compare this photo to these provocative photos with Sofia. And Victoria and Daniel haven´t been drooling over each other at the presence of the king and the queen.

Many court reporters in Sweden have said that the partners of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine have been welcomed to the private holidays of the royal family, but they had to behave very delicate and not to show themselves in public.

Last edited:
While Victoria is around, the SRF has nothing to worry about.

"Princesse n'est pas un métier - c'est un état".
Princess isn't a job (or trade) - it's a state (of being).

They have to worry until Victoria and Daniel produce an heir. Until then what CP and Madeleine do or who they date/marry is a concern. So implications of CP and Sofia are serious business IMO.

Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg stated in one of the interviews that she participated in during the lead up to the wedding that she first met Daniel shortly after he and Victoria started dating during the family's stay at Solliden. Daniel also stated several times in interviews that he had been around the royal family for so many years (the number of years corresponded to the time they had been dating - number excapes me) so he was very well aware of what was waiting for him in marrying the crownprincess. He also lived at Drottningholm for quite a long time prior to the engagement and considering how close the royal family is with almost mandatory Sunday evening dinners it would be impossible to believe that Victoria went over to mom and dad for dinner while Daniel stayed at their house.

The SRF needs someone who'll bring a breath of fresh air. The family is on a serious downward spiral and adding Sofia to the picture doesn't help matters. They were much more "royal" a few years ago. Now they act very much like commoners.

Iva said:
Makes me wonder what's going on, if it's just Sofia's presence or if there is something more to it...
This does not look like a happy family vacation.

I think it most likely is Sofia's presence, along with the King's scandal, etc. They have nothing to be proud of. I'm also beginning to wonder when V&D will produce an heir. Of course I'm not sure of they're waiting intentionally or it just hasn't happened yet. I wonder if that's putting a strain on their relationship.

Last edited:
Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg stated in one of the interviews that she participated in during the lead up to the wedding that she first met Daniel shortly after he and Victoria started dating during the family's stay at Solliden. Daniel also stated several times in interviews that he had been around the royal family for so many years (the number of years corresponded to the time they had been dating - number excapes me) so he was very well aware of what was waiting for him in marrying the crownprincess. He also lived at Drottningholm for quite a long time prior to the engagement and considering how close the royal family is with almost mandatory Sunday evening dinners it would be impossible to believe that Victoria went over to mom and dad for dinner while Daniel stayed at their house.

Yes, Daniel may have been spending part of his summer at Solliden, but it was organized so, that he wouldn´t be seen with the royal family, the concert in Borgholm was an exception. When Daniel and Victoria started dating, a long time Daniel couldn´t visit Victoria´s apartment in Drottningholm when the king and the queen were at home, he could do that just when the king and the queen were abroad. Victoria and Daniel had been dating for many years when the king admitted that he had met Daniel, one of Victoria´s friends. There relationship was acknowledged only in 2008, when Daniel officially moved to his own house in Drottningholm. CP and Sofia had been dating for 6 months, when the court admitted that they were a couple.

This is exactly the course of events which I've been following as well, LadyFinn.;)
There is unquestionably a big difference in the handling of Carl Philip's current relationship.

:previous: Now the question arises, what made them lower the standart like this? From what I understand in the past there were pretty much set rules that Daniel, Emma & Jonas followed. Now we have Sofia, pretty much early confirmed that she and CP are an item, she was already seen also with SRF in public. So what did change? Did they found out that the rules were not good or simply after everything that's going on in the last year they have no authority anymore.

So what did change? Did they found out that the rules were not good or simply after everything that's going on in the last year they have no authority anymore.

"Until you lose your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is"
(Margaret Mitchell)

The royal family went from Monaco to Paris to attend a wedding party of Patrick Sommerlath, it was held in Versailles. Expressen/Johan T Lindwall writes that Carl Philip had demanded that he would attend with Sofia, or he wouldn´t come at all. The king and the queen had to accept it. Madeleine didn´t know about that, but when she saw the photos of Sofia with Carl Philip, the king and the queen at the Polaris, queen Silvia told her that also Sofia would attend the Sommerlath wedding party. Madeleine was very upset and questioned her parents' decision to invite Sofia.
Silvia has ordered Madeleine to spend time with Sofia. At recent days, they spent time together in France - all against Madeleine´s will. But after all the turmoil surrounding the king to the queen sees now that there should be a united family. At least seen from the outside.
Kravet på Madde: Umgås med Sofia - Extra - Expressen Extra

Goodness, I'm not sure I see a happy ending in any direction. I have a bad feeling that the pictures we'll see from this vacation won't reflect the happy family that Silvia wants.

Thanks for the different information! :flowers:

No pics of the wedding party in Versailles, arrival the guests? ;)

The royal family went from Monaco to Paris to attend a wedding party of Patrick Sommerlath, it was held in Versailles. Expressen/Johan T Lindwall writes that Carl Philip had demanded that he would attend with Sofia, or he wouldn´t come at all. The king and the queen had to accept it. Madeleine didn´t know about that, but when she saw the photos of Sofia with Carl Philip, the king and the queen at the Polaris, queen Silvia told her that also Sofia would attend the Sommerlath wedding party. Madeleine was very upset and questioned her parents' decision to invite Sofia.
Silvia has ordered Madeleine to spend time with Sofia. At recent days, they spent time together in France - all against Madeleine´s will. But after all the turmoil surrounding the king to the queen sees now that there should be a united family. At least seen from the outside.
Kravet på Madde: Umgås med Sofia - Extra - Expressen Extra

boy it sure seems madeleine really does not like Sofia those pics from paris are cold as ice. and that article only makes it clearer it must be ...intresting when those 2 have to be togeather :whistling:

If the Expressen Extra article is true, then I think the King and Queen made the wrong choice.

I think it would have probably looked better if they, Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine arrived looking happy and like a family... than what we have now with Carl Philip and Sofia there, but everyone looking miserable and awkward. (Granted, it's only one set of photos on one day at one moment.)

If Carl Philip wants to play the "I'm not coming unless my girlfriend comes" game, then leave him, and her!!, behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom