Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 3: December 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal Family's Current Events - Part 6 (March - October 2006)

Welcome to part 6 of the threads devoted to the current events of the Royal House and Family of Sweden!

Please remember to observe our TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines.

The old thread can be found here.

Happy posting!

Okay, so I know where the King, Princess, & Crown Princess are but I am not sure where the Queen and Prince are. Could someone tell me? :eek:

P.S. I don't know if it was done on purpose but there is no link from the old thread to this one.:D Just thought I'd say something incase.

In this weeks Svensk Damtidning an article about Victorias visit to Brazil mentions that both the Queen and princess Madeleine joined Victoria during her private stay with the queens brazilian relatives.

Have any other magazines written about this?

edit: I just read that no one in the royal family has a official engagement next week... so perhaps they will all met in Brazil for a easter holiday?

Last edited:
Wow photo on Crown princess Victoria and princess Lilian.!!!! It is crow princess Victoria smile and princess Lilian is much grand old lady!!!! She is much great humour and aunt of royal family!!!! Crown Princess Victoria is beautiful many photo!!!!

Grandduchess posted in the Official Calendar thread, that Princess Madeleine may be joining her parents at some functions in New York. I hope she can make it; it would be wonderful to see Madeleine with her parents in NYC. :)

Pictures by Finn Fonns via Expressen.

Princess Madeleine & Jonas hosted the King and Queen as guests in their New York home!

Expressen reports that yesterday the King and Queen visited Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas Bergström in their apartment in New York. Just after 6 PM local time, the car cortège rolled in outside their building on Manhattan.

Sources to the newspaper say that:

- The visit was planned since a long time, but Jonas was really nervous.

- Madeleine has talked on the phone with mother and father about how nice they are having things, and the King and Queen have been excited to see how they're living in New York.

The visit lasted for around one hour.
- It was nice, Madeleine had fixed drinks and little snacks. The feeling was happy and hearty.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=583157

Last edited:
Death of Comte Charles Albert Antoine Jean Ullens de Schooten-Whettnal

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial] He was the former husband of Comtess Madeleine Ingeborg Ella Astrid Bernadotte, herself a daughter of Prince Carl Gustaf Oscar Fredrik Christian of Sweden, Prince Bernadotte and Countess Elsa von Rosen.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Comte Charles Albert Antoine Jean Ullens de Schooten-Whettnal was born on 26 november 1927 and died yesterday @ Leuven. He was made Count 17-8-1962 by King Baudouin.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]He was father of 4 children: Marie, Jean, Astrid & Sophie.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Today the King and Queen together with Princess Madeleine attended the start of leg 7 of the Volvo Ocean Race. They all participated in a so called "spectator cruise", watching the boats leaving New York. Pictures from AP via Yahoo.

Last edited:
I must admit that Madeleine looks really good these days. She still looks every inch of a Princess, with great sense of style. and she looks younger. I'm really glad that even when she's abroad, she still participate in royal events with her parents.

Jonas looks very smart in his suit and tie! Thank you for the article and photos.

Most importantly that Princess Madeleine is happy - which she obviously is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Images from getty

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 180
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 159
NY: Swedish Royals Attend Volvo Ocean Race Gala (Getty)

Madeleine looks GORGEOUS!!!! Can't wait to see more pics

Last edited:
Yayy!! New pictures of Madeleine. Thanks everyone who posted pictures. I think the hairband looks great on Madeleine, it makes her look young and feminine. She looks great at the gala too but I have to say her mother is giving her a run for her money. :D

a few more from ANP-AFP & AP (via yahoo)

3055419.jpg

Both the Queen & the Princess look very beautiful, if only they would wear these kind of dresses (with the colour) for the King's 60th Anniv Gala Dinner.
the Pink colour really suited Madeleine although i don't know about the cut of the dress. It makes her looks bigger than she is. :D

Wow, that's all I can really say! The Queen looks absolutely fabulous, I really like her dress, but Madeleine - she looks fantastic! That pink really suits her, and I love her hair, that curly fall! Wonderful to see these two new (which I guess they are?), refreshing dresses all at once, it's our lucky day! :D

More photos from Getty images
King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, Queen Silvia and their daughter Princess Madeleine arrive to board a World Yacht at pier 81 before making their way to the start of the Atlantic crossing leg of the Volvo Ocean Race May 11, 2006 in New York City. The Volvo Ocean Race is a 32,250 nautical mile and seven country race expected to finish in Goteborg, Sweden on June 17, 2006.

GrandDuchess, the dress wear the queen isn't new! She wear it by official pictures on her 50th birthday(1993) and state visit from Italy May 1998, at last she wear the dress by state visit in Finland August 2003!

But she looks beautiful in this dress!

wow, fantastic! they all looks great! Madeleine is really stunning in that dress

Thanks everyone for posting the lovely pictures!
I must say I love the Queens dress. Silvia looks adorable in white. But I would like it much more without the fur on her shoulders.
And I do agree with you, purple_platinum: The colour of Madeleines dress is great, but the cut does her no favour. As you already said, it makes her look bigger than she is.
Nevertheless, it is good to see new pictures of them together. :)

I think this is the dress Madeleine wore to the Kings private birthday party, you could see in the papparazzi pictures that she wore a strapless pink dress.

Ofcourse Madeleine also gets an article in the Norwegian press (she is not their favourit for nothing), its a recap of the expressn article about her wanting to ba a good ambassador for Sweden, and that she will focus on marketing sweden. A friend is quoted say that she now takes her orle Very serious, she wants to make her mother and father proud.....

We will see how it goes, and if she will start to make more day to day engagements when she comes home and not just uber glam high profile like this one

AP foto via Aftenposten
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1314930.ece

Last edited:
Article from HELLO
Sweden's Princess Madeleine appeared alongside her parents at a reception in New York this week, putting paid to speculation over an alleged rift within the family ranks. Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf had been said to disagree with their daughter's decision to move in with her boyfriend.................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/05/12/swedishroyals/

Photos from HELLO

more from wireimage :

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden at a gala dinner for the Volvo Ocean Race on May 11, 2006 in New York.
2006 Volvo Ocean Race Gala
May 11, 2006 - 2 World Financial Center
New York City, New York United States

looks very much like a dress Princess grace wore in " To catch a thief "
except her was a light blue

That dress are gorgeous, Madeleine too. Now I know, why her fevorite color is pink!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom