Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 3: December 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more from the Swedish Sports Gala last night....

1: Speedway driver Tony Rickardsson at the moment he's announced as the winner of the people's prize "Jerringpriset" ("The Jerring Prize"), Crown Princess Victoria applauds him, from Scanpix via Dagens Nyheter

2: Lasse Granqvist (from the Swedish Radio's Sport section) and Prince Carl Philip awarding the "Jerringpriset" to Tony Rickardsson on the stage, from Bildbyrån via Dagens Nyheter

Attachments

• Tony & Victoria, vinnarögonblick, ScanpixvDN.jpg
    Tony & Victoria, vinnarögonblick, ScanpixvDN.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Carl Philip, Lasse Granqvist & Tony, BilbyrånvDN.jpg
    Carl Philip, Lasse Granqvist & Tony, BilbyrånvDN.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 928
Daniel Nyhlen reports that Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine went shopping togehter at NK in Stockholm recently

The royal children went on a plesant shopping spree the other week. The sibs let their crowns flow at posh department store NK in Stockholm, where they were seen going up and down the escalators.
They strolled around togehter with two SÄPO guards, Carl Philip had a look in the Ralph Lauren store where he with delight looked at a scarf.
Madeleine found two the cups which she carefully took a good look at and Victoria found an exlusive set of sheets from Gant which were wrapped as a present. If they were a gift for Daniel I didn´t managed to find out...

written by Daniel Nyhlen at www.tv4.se

Last edited:
Yennie said:
Daniel Nyhlen reports that Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine went shopping togehter at NK in Stockholm recently

The royal children went on a plesant shopping spree the other week. The sibs let their crowns flow at posh department store NK in Stockholm, where they were seen going up and down the escalators.
They strolled around togehter with two SÄPO guards, Carl Philip had a look in the Ralph Lauren store where he with delight looked at a scarf.
Madeleine found two the cups which she carefully took a good look at and Victoria found an exlusive set of sheets from Gant which were wrapped as a present. If they were a gift for Daniel I didn´t managed to find out...

written by Daniel Nyhlen at www.tv4.se

that is great! its so nice to see that they get along really well. i would never go shopping with my brother.

pollyemma said:
that is great! its so nice to see that they get along really well. i would never go shopping with my brother.

it's not the 1st time they did these kind of things together.
they went to concert and shops together as siblings, also with their partners. ;)

1 more from royalcourt.se

kdvebb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Official Dinner at the Royal Palace tonight...

Tonight, Wednesday 18 January, the King and Queen hosted an official dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. 150 guests were invited, and the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess greeted their guests in the White Sea (Vita Havet) before the dinner was served in Karl XI’s Gallery.

The Royal Family was also represented by Princess Lilian and Princess Christina with husband Consul-General Tord Magnuson.

The menu consisted of lobster consommé with crab filled ravioli, lightly salted cod from Lofoten (Norway) with black truffle risotto and broth cooked Bresse pigeon with date sauce and lemon glazed carrots. For dessert, a Tiramisú pastry with Bailey foam and honey wafers was served.

The King led the wife of the Prime Minister, Anitra Steen, to the table, and had Minister Ulrika Messing on his other side. The Queen was led to the table by the Prime Minister and had the former Marshal of The Realm, Gunnar Brodin, on her other side, who in his turn led Princess Lilian to the table. The Crown Princess was led to the table by the Ambassador of Kenya and had the Prime Minister on her right side.

This is translated from a press release by the Royal Court, it can be read here (in Swedish).

From my sources I know that Victoria is wearing the six button tiara (it looks baaad on her also) and the purpel greenish dress she has worn many times, Lilian wears a pastel light green dress and the laurel wreath tiara. The Queen wears a green velvet dress she has worn many, MANY times, the emerald and diamond circle necklace and the nine pronge tiara

Last edited:
LOL, Josefine

It's beyond me why those buttons are so popular.

Is there a pic of the laurel wreath tiara anywhere :confused:

I'm starting to wonder if before every gala event these days, the Swedish Royal Ladies draw matches - whoever is the looser has to wear the Six Button Tiara! ;)
Can't wait to see pics of CP Victoria wearing it though - I can imagine that it does nothing for her...
I was glad to notice that Victoria stopped wearing the amethyst tiara because the round shape of it always was all wrong for her, IMHO - but now the Six Button? :eek:
The only one who looks good with it is Princess Lilian.

Here you can get an idea...Victoria tonight (The Thumbnail is from Scanpix)
IMO the 6 button tiara fits her better than the 4 button tiara...it´s tough some kind of "from the frying pan into the fire"-case

Attachments

• spa1aed6.jpg
    spa1aed6.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 933
Victoria > And they call that a tiara ....... :rolleyes:

Swedish design certainly is outstanding.

pictures without watermark from dpa

the theme seems to be green.. green.. green...

no words on the royal famlies plans for this spring
the king and queen has had a theme the last years on what they are give thier attention to
we know that madeleine will go to new york, carl philip will probebly studing but what about victoria will she do any trips this spring and what about state visits do we know of any planned yet

GrandDuchess said:
Tuesday 24/1

> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. Princess Lilian
Reception for the Diplomatic Corps
The Royal Palace of Stockholm
Is this a gala do or a only a lunch?

Only one event for Victoria the whole next week, what is she doing, studying? I imagine she cant meet with von Sydow everyday of the week, I guess he has a job to do as well?

Regarding the gala:
Green, green, green indeed, 'purple platinum'!
IMO, the best gown is Princess Lilian's... her dressmaker for decades who made all her Nobel gowns just died a few days ago (see the Princess Lilian thread) and I'm sure she must have thought of this... :(
CP Victoria's dress is okay, but by now I hope we've seen it for the last time.
As for the Queen... I like her 'bigger' gala dresses much better as she's able to carry them off so beautifully.
Plus, if she doesn't get herself a new evening gown soon, I think we have to set up a fund! How tight can her dress budget be? The cost for all the dry cleaning of all those old dresses might soon amount to the price of a new one! :rolleyes:

agreed completely, boris !
Princess Lilian is the 'belle' of the night... she looks very lovely.. i like her green better than the rest..

What nationality is queen Silvia and what country did she originally come from?

Thanks Maryjo but I thought I read she was from Brazil, so is'nt she Brazillian too?

Queen Silvia

Queen Silvia was born in Germany to a German father and Brazillian mother. She spent most of her childhood in Brazil.

Larzen said:
GrandDuchess said:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Tuesday 24/1

> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. Princess Lilian
Reception for the Diplomatic Corps

Is this a gala do or a only a lunch?

Only one event for Victoria the whole next week, what is she doing, studying? I imagine she cant meet with von Sydow everyday of the week, I guess he has a job to do as well?
We usually don't get to see pictures from the receptions they host for the diplomats, but I imagine that it's not a gala. It's in the evening though, so I imagine that it has to be something in between.

I think Crown Princess Victoria will be at the World Economic Forum this week, but I though wonder why they haven't put that in the calendar... According to Dagens Industri she will participate in Davos, as she had done previous years as well.

Josefine said:
i just wanted to tell that i loved the thread Map to the Swedish Royals at The Royal Forums a really good map where you can read about the swedish royalty Great job
Thank you, that's good to hear. The whole idea is to make it easier for our members to find the different threads on the Swedish Royal Family which are spread around the forums.

Here are two more from the dinner, including a sideview of Victira and the buttons
www.cover.es

I wonder ho Silvias big emerald necklace would look as a tiara, I love emeralds and think they would look great on Victorias dark hair, and then we could leave the buttons where they belong, either in the vault or for Lilian, now they seem to wear one or both of theese ugly creations for every gala. Is there not supposed to be yet another representation dinner soon?

Attachments

• CAZY6TBN.jpg
    CAZY6TBN.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 229
  • CAYVCVBC.jpg
    CAYVCVBC.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 270
The Swedish Royal Family sells their actions in the Brazilian cellulose Aracruz, defendant to devastate tropical forest.

The accusations, that have had ample repercussion in Swedish mass media, caused an investigation of the Royal House, that have decided to sell its participation in the company, according to an official notice done public today.
The Royal family has a company, Gluonen, that invests mainly in bottoms, although also in actions of other companies, as it is the case of Aracruz.
But they are the three children of Kings Silvia and Carl Gustav, - Victoria, Carl Philip and Magdeleine- the majority proprietors of Gluonen.

http://www.portaldelmedioambiente.com/html/gestor_noticias/vernoticia.asp?id=4939

> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip
Official Dinner

Princess Lilian will not be there?:confused: ...I know Princess Madeleine won't be there because of NYC but Lilian? She always looks so put together at gala events. Hopefully she'll surprise us and show up like Madeleine did at the second Nobel dinner!

Lilian is there, she wears a peachy-pink dress she has worn before with her laurel wreath tiara and the button necklace she and Madeleine wore the nobel weekend. Victoria wears the burgundy reddish nobel dress she has only worn that one time, her hair is curled and loose with the baden fringe tiara. Silvia ofcourse:p also wears an old dress, a offwhite one covered with lace and the connaught tiara

Last edited:
Finally! Victoria repeated that wonderful dress. Out of all her dresses to recycle, I always wondered why Victoria didn't use this one. She only wore it once to Nobel 2001 (four years ago!) and we have never seen it since. I think it looked better at Nobel 2001 because of the elegant up-do. Carl Philip is hot as always and Lilian just looks peachy! I love how she wears bright colors and pulls them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom