Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He he he

Oh Lena you sussed me out! :D ;) Yes I'm waiting in Jonas's apartment already! :p ;) Don't tell Madeleine - I don't think she wil be pleased...:D

Generally University starts the beginning of the third week in September. But my friend who has gone into nursing started Tuesday (13th September) this week that is why I asked when Jonas is off to London. :)

Gita said:
Oh Lena you sussed me out! :D ;) Yes I'm waiting in Jonas's apartment already! :p ;) Don't tell Madeleine - I don't think she wil be pleased...:D

Generally University starts the beginning of the third week in September. But my friend who has gone into nursing started Tuesday (13th September) this week that is why I asked when Jonas is off to London. :)

Hahahaha :D Perfectly understandable. No one would push a guy like Jonas from the edge of the bed :rolleyes: ;)
Thank you for the information. So he´s probably already in London...which means, that we probably get to see some pics of him and Madeleine in London in the nearer future (hopefully without a repeat of this infamous scene in the park...well, Jonas has a lot more class than Eric)

Visiting Jonas in London

No of course I'm not that stupid to push Jonas out of the bed!!!:D;):p:cool:

I can't imagine Jonas doing that to Princess Madeleine in a park! I expect she will go over in a few weeks time to see him, maybe around October time.:cool: :)

What happened in the park? I'm SOOOOO confused...lol :)

Announcement from the TRF Team:

In an effort to conserve bandwidth, the TRF Team is making some changes to how News and Picture threads are being organized, which you may have noticed is already being made in some forums.

From this point forward, please be aware that the only images that will be allowed to be attached directly to the forum will be those of current activities of the royals, which can be posted in the Current Events threads.

Instead of posting a dozen or more pictures, please try to select a few pictures that best describe the event/occasion. Aim to conserve. Think quality not quantity.

If you wish to post pictures of events that happened a few years ago or older images of various royals, please do so in the Picture threads via a private image hosting account such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

Please note that older images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team

GrandDuchess, is there any chance that you can publish the pictures from royalcourt about welcome the Malaysia guest and from crown princess: Opening the History days in Västeras? Thanks for help in advance.

More financial openness from the Royal Court & Royal Family - Part of the deal in the State Budget for 2006
(Summary of an article in Dagens Nyheter yesterday)

When the State Budget for 2006 was presented yesterday, it became known that a part of the deal in it settled that the Royal Court and the Royal Family are going to have to be more open in their economical affairs from next year and onwards.

The Ministry of Finance and the Marshal of the Realm have been in talks and negotiations for a while now, trying to establish how the openness could be increased without violating the Royal Family’s right to personal integrity, and yesterday the deal that they have struck was presented as a part of the new State Budget. This means that the old deal that Karl XIII and the Parliament made in 1809, which concluded that the monarch and Royal Family didn’t have to account for their financial business, will not be valid anymore.

The State Budget lays down that the Royal Court’s annual report shall “be more detailed when it comes to the activities carried out within the funding allocations (apanage) of the Court Administration”

The new deal means that the Government wants to know for example how many travel days a year the Royal Family has, how many guests attend all official functions, the expenditure of the Royal Mews, and also much the households of Queen Silvia, Princess Lilian and the Crown Princess gets every year.

- I don’t think we will have any difficulties following this, I would say, commented the Royal Court’s highest official, the Marshal of the Realm, yesterday.

The original article (in Swedish) can be found here.

Has the royal family made any statment about that?

emma ?

Why emma was not at party?:eek: :confused:

I hope she's with Carl Philip again. I love them tere are so cut.:p

lilou said:
Why emma was not at party?:eek: :confused:

I hope she's with Carl Philip again. I love them tere are so cut.:p
I´m sure she was, but there was no photos of her...

And they are probably still together. When Carl Philip was in that race in mid-august, Emma was there to watch.

GrandDuchess said:
More financial openness from the Royal Court & Royal Family - Part of the deal in the State Budget for 2006
(Summary of an article in Dagens Nyheter yesterday)

When the State Budget for 2006 was presented yesterday, it became known that a part of the deal in it settled that the Royal Court and the Royal Family are going to have to be more open in their economical affairs from next year and onwards.

The Ministry of Finance and the Marshal of the Realm have been in talks and negotiations for a while now, trying to establish how the openness could be increased without violating the Royal Family’s right to personal integrity, and yesterday the deal that they have struck was presented as a part of the new State Budget. This means that the old deal that Karl XIII and the Parliament made in 1809, which concluded that the monarch and Royal Family didn’t have to account for their financial business, will not be valid anymore.

The State Budget lays down that the Royal Court’s annual report shall “be more detailed when it comes to the activities carried out within the funding allocations (apanage) of the Court Administration”

The new deal means that the Government wants to know for example how many travel days a year the Royal Family has, how many guests attend all official functions, the expenditure of the Royal Mews, and also much the households of Queen Silvia, Princess Lilian and the Crown Princess gets every year.

- I don’t think we will have any difficulties following this, I would say, commented the Royal Court’s highest official, the Marshal of the Realm, yesterday.

The original article (in Swedish) can be found here.

Do you know how much of an allowance the Swedish royal house receives each year, I know the Danish Crown Prince receives about 3.2 million Australian dollars each year.
But obviously it would be much more for the whole household.

Last edited:
Layla1971 said:
Do you know how much of an allowance the Swedish royal house receives each year, I know the Danish Crown Prince receives about 3.2 million Australian dollars each year. But obviously it would be much more for the whole household.
The Court and Palace Administrations will get 97 540 000 million Swedish kronas in 2006.

robby86 said:
Has the royal family made any statment about that?
No they have not. This has been negotiated about between the Ministry for Finance and the Royal Court's highest ranking person, the Marshal of The Realm. The Royal Family do not comment directly on things that has to do with the State Budget.

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
The Court and Palace Administrations will get 97 540 000 million Swedish kronas in 2006.

You mean 97 540 000 sek don´t you? not 97 540 000 millions?!!

rop81 said:
You mean 97 540 000 sek don´t you? not 97 540 000 millions?!!
swedish money yes, but its still 97 millions :)
or what did you mean?

I used Universal Currency Converter (xe.com) and 97,500,000 Swedish Kronner works out to be $12 ,668,191.51 USD. And that is not a lot of money compared to others...

Queens said:
I used Universal Currency Converter (xe.com) and 97,500,000 Swedish Kronner works out to be $12 ,668,191.51 USD. And that is not a lot of money compared to others...

Yeah, I go to the same site when I need to convert currency and you were right.
For an exact calculation (not because yours wasn't right, but because I like perfect amounts!:) ) 97,540,000 Swedish SEK or Kronor, I'm not sure which is correct, it's 12,627,260,44 USD.

Last edited:
Translation by me of an Aftonbladet article:

knugen.jpg

Happy Birthday to the King!
218 days left – but the 60th birthday party is already planned.

Oh what a party! When the King turns 60 next year, no means will be spared. Fireworks, concerts and a big ball at the Royal Palace are only a few of all the activities.

The plans are already on the roll for the pompous celebrations in 2006 – which will also have consequences for Crown Princess Victoria. Any eventual wedding plans with Daniel Westling will have to be postponed.

- The 60th birthday is a big event and it will be the Royal Family’s biggest event next year, says Catherine Broms at the Royal Court’s Press and Information Department.

All of the European Royal Families will be invited to Stockholm where the festivities will go on for several days. On the birthday on 30 April, the King will receive the people’s cheers on the Inner Courtyard, and later in the day he will receive his international guests.

Honoured on the balcony
His Majesty will also be courted by the Government with Prime Minister Göran Persson in the lead, as well as by a row of organisations. Later in the evening, a Gala Dinner will be held at the Royal Palace.

Most things points to the plans that the King will also receive the people’s tribute from the balcony at the Royal Palace also in the evening, like he did when he celebrated 25 years on the throne. At that moment, a big firework will light up the sky for the thousands of Swedes gathered to cheer for Carl Gustaf.

When Silvia celebrated her 60th birthday in December 2003, a charity concert was held at the Royal Opera. The Royal Court has plans for something similar for next year.

The King’s wish list is filled with wishes for hard gifts.
- He loves sports cars, but is also fascinated by robots and such. One could call him a “gadget maniac” (materialist), says one source.

No wedding
Considering the royal birthday, a wedding between Crown Princess Victoria and her Daniel Westling is not planned for next summer – something that several newspapers wrote yesterday.
- There are no such plans. The Crown Princess will herself tell you the day that it will be on the agenda, says Catherine Broms.

The original article (in Swedish) can be read here

Lena said:
Victoria looks gorgeous. But to drop (together with her boyfriend) the sunglasses wouldn´t be bad (to me it looks like evening...and in my area we don´t wear sunglasses in the night. But maybe we are just awkward :rolleyes: )The bag, Jonas is holding for Madeleine, looks like a bag for baby stuff

Yes, drop glasses and boyfriend! O, no. Don´t start the rumor on a pregnant Madeleine! That would be so wrong! I mean the gossip. Not Madeleine as a mother. :) Yes, not at night. Then again, Andy Roddick wore a trucker cap indoors while playing tennis tonight. Maybe the lights were too bright for him? :D

Party time for the Royal children...and Jonas can´t be without Madeleine.
Already 2 weeks ago, he was in Stockholm to party with Madeleine (Then Madeleine said: "I wasn´t out (here) for a long time")
This weekend he was back again. Jonas acted as Madeleine chauffeur(Madeleine had chosen to phone, while he drove her car). They did a walk and visited the castle (I guess Drottningholm is meant).
They seemed to be in hurry. Jonas chose a way, which is only allowed for busses and taxis (hm...older members...doesn´t this remind you of something ;) ) to get faster on.
While Victoria is in China, Daniel is enjoying time with his friends (among them Martin Björk, working at Kanal 5). On saturday they firstly visited the restaurant and champagne-bar Bistro Jarl to eat dinner. Later they left the bar and moved on to a restaurant called opera cellar.

Prince Carl Philip was also out this weekend. He was attending the new opened club "The White Room" (there you can buy 3 liters of champagne for 27000 SEK...)

http://www.kandisnytt.com/page.php?news=345

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 231
oh, interesting news! Nice to see Madeleine and Jonas together again

thanks for the article Lena!

Lena said:
Prince Carl Philip was also out this weekend. He was attending the new opened club "The White Room" (there you can buy 3 liters of champagne for 27000 SEK...)
Did Emma go with him?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 233
On Tuesday 6 September, the King, Queen, Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson and Consul General Tord Magnuson attended the awarding of The Gösta Winbergh Award at The Confidence Theatre on the Ulriksdal Palace Estate.

Here are two clips from that event, scanned by me from Svensk Damtidning.

gstawinberghaward200512xi.jpg

gstawinberghaward200529pa.jpg

On Monday and today (Tuesday) a Seminar was held in the Royal place. Theme was 10 years EU in Sweden. They talked about the past and the future (and I bet they were all pretty optimistic and flattered and praised each other and the project *coughing*)
Prominent participants were (except their Majesties and Victoria) Vice president of the European comission Margot Wallström, the ex prime ministers Carl Bildt and Ingvar Carlsson. Moderator was Ulf Dinkelspiel (hubby of Victoria´s so called "study mentor" Louise Dinkelspiel and father-in-law of Victoria´s best friend Caroline Dinkelspiel)
A pic from royalcourt.se
a53ht.jpg

http://www.royalcourt.se/aktuellt/aktuelltarkiv/5.396c7107359daaf480003052.htmlhttp://img468.imageshack.us/img468/3167/a53ht.jpg

Lighter notes: Victoria´s skirt length is so very Queen Beatrix-ish. And Silvia looks quite pale for a week Australia. I´m not too fond of her combination (Chanel right?) But it seems to be her classical piece for this season. Christmas can come...

Last edited:
pollyemma said:
I don;t know anything about Swedish currency and prices. is that very expensive for champagne?
yes that is very expensive. I´m not good at currency and things like that, but just to give you an idea. I live in a one room apartment in a city centre, and I pay 2600 SEK a month for it.

So 27 000 sek for a bottle of champagne is quite alot :)

Yennie said:
yes that is very expensive. I´m not good at currency and things like that, but just to give you an idea. I live in a one room apartment in a city centre, and I pay 2600 SEK a month for it.

So 27 000 sek for a bottle of champagne is quite alot :)

2600 SEK sounds quite good for a Swedish city. Single apartment or a flat share?
27000 SEK = 3.289 US $

As little help: 10 SEK = about 1 Euro (so 27000 SEK = 2700 Euro)
1 Euro is about 1.17 US $ at the moment (so multiply the Euro amount with 1.2 and you get an idea)

To get it more exact try: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency

Last edited:
so the nobel is the next time we will see the family togher at a event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom